I Had An Audience

by Courtney on October 1, 2011

Happy weekend! Happy October! (<—wow, seriously?!?) How’s everyone doing today?

I don’t know about you, but I zonked out on the couch last night before 10:00 even hit. Between just being plain tired and the two beers I had with dinner, I was downright exhausted.

Luckily, that meant early to bed = early to rise, so I got a nice early head start on today’s workout. Today brought me to Day 13 of the challenge, which included the Xtreme Cardio Kickboxing + Recovery Upper Body. I really love when the workouts combine the cardio with the weights afterward. It’s the perfect formula for a sweaty mess…mwahaha.

During my workout, I also had an audience…

I think he likes to keep an eye on me to make sure I don’t end up dropping any weights on my face or something. Either way, he’s the only one who gets to be in the living room during my workouts. I always make Jay stay in another room until I finish; otherwise, I just feel like a big tool the entire time I’m punching/kicking/panting/etc.

Post workout, it was breakfast time, and today I went the quick and easy route: cereal + coffee.

Today’s cereal combo was complete with Quaker Oatmeal Squares, Tj’s Multigrain O’s, Erewhon Rice Twice, banana slices, and unsweetened vanilla almond milk. It never fails!

And as a side note, I thought I’d also give you guys a quick update on the candy corn. Remember when I first posted about it? Well I told you that I’d let ya’ll know when the bag was finished…we’re getting close! Winking smile

Jay and I have a few things on the agenda today, so it’s time to get movin’. Hope everyone’s weekend is off to a great start!

Questions for the Morning:

How do you feel about people other people being around you while you work out (either at home or at the gym)?

How long would a bag of candy corn last in your home? Winking smile

1 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries October 1, 2011 at 11:12 am

I’m the same way… I’m not a fan of people watching me workout – especially certain kinds of workouts. If I’m just lifting weights or running I don’t mind, but kickboxing or circuit training or Zumba-ish type workouts, I’d rather be hidden. :) I also kick my husband out of the living room when I’m doing my workouts!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..My Favorite Month

2 Kathryn October 1, 2011 at 11:13 am

At the gym, I don’t care, because everyone else is working out, too. At home, unless I’m doing a workout game thingy on the Wii (like boxing, tennis, or dancing), I don’t like anyone to watch.
Before I started Weight Watchers, a bag of candy corn would probably have made it 2, maybe 3 days. Now, I’d say a week, maybe 2, depending on the kids (they get treats for being extra good)

3 Lauren B. October 1, 2011 at 11:19 am

Last weekend, I was taking a Zumba class at our gym, and for the brief moment that my husband peeked in on me, I got so shy and embarrassed! I don’t know why I don’t mind when complete strangers see me dancing around like a food, but when the person who knows me best and loves me most watched me, different story. So strange. And believe me, he’s seen me do completely goofy stuff before!

I couldn’t bring myself to buy a bag of candy corn this year… which is a testament to how much I love it and can mow through a bag like it’s the lawn. :)

4 Lauren B. October 1, 2011 at 11:19 am

“food”= FOOL. Oops. :)

5 Lauren B. October 1, 2011 at 11:20 am

Obviously I have “food” on the brain.

6 debbie (accidently delish) October 1, 2011 at 11:27 am

that’s so funny because i am the exact same way with Matt when i work out. he is not allowed in the room. haha. i again feel a little silly punching and kicking around. he use to do a video with me and it always made me laugh because i thought he looked so silly. another reason why i guess i always had him leave!

my dog kinda gives me weird looks too though. <3
debbie (accidently delish) recently posted..By: lucie

7 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance October 1, 2011 at 11:35 am

A few days ago I posted about my first candy corn purchase of the season. Will (my boyfriend) literally had to hide the bag from me!
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Fried-looking

8 Maria@La_Piattini October 1, 2011 at 11:38 am

Candy corn is definitely a weakness of mine in the Fall. I have a cute pumpkin bowl that I keep filled with it- although it doesn’t stay full very long ;)
Maria@La_Piattini recently posted..September Goals Update

9 Amanda @ Semi-Health Nut October 1, 2011 at 11:44 am

Well when I go to the gym, there is obviously an audience so I just have to deal with that..but at home is when I can really go to town and not care about how I look.

I workout in the basement of my dad’s house now but I do remember when I had a roommate it would be super awkward because she would come into the living room where I was working out and start to talk to me…and even sit down and read a magazine in the room or something…really?? So after that happening a couple of times I made sure to workout when she was at work haha.

Let me look like a goof doing cardio dance by myself please! ;-)

Also, you gotta get the candy corn with the pumpkins! For some reason the pumpkins taste better…

10 Hilliary@HappilyEverHealthy October 1, 2011 at 11:45 am

I love candy corn! I am not sure how long a bag would last, I would probably grab a handful every time I passed! If I am trying a new workout for the first time I don’t really like people watching me. But I feel like people around a gytm is good motivation to push yourself harder!
Hilliary@HappilyEverHealthy recently posted..Bring on October!

11 Kristin Mac October 1, 2011 at 11:56 am

Candy corn (especially mellocremes) don’t stand a chance in our house! If I don’t have Dave hide the bag right away, then it’s all downhill from there! Definitely my all time favorite candy :)

12 Casey @ oatsandnanners October 1, 2011 at 12:09 pm

…. AUTUMN MIX CANDY CORN has somehow found its way into my heart, my home, and my belly. And you know it’s only the beginning of a sugar-filled October :) I love it! Finish off that candy corn with a smile :) and be proud that your bag lasted longer than the 48 hours mine did.
Casey @ oatsandnanners recently posted..I am Unstoppable, Unbeatable, Untouchable.

13 Kristen October 1, 2011 at 12:55 pm

We have 2 things in common: #1- I fell asleep on the couch at 9:30 last night..and woke up to my fiance making fun of me for going to sleep earlier on the weekend than during the week:/ #2- I refuse to work out in front of my fiance, especially when I do Tracy Anderson’s dance cardio…I only do that workout when he is out of the house haha:)

14 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats October 1, 2011 at 1:16 pm

I totally agree that no one can watch when I do workout videos. I feel like the biggest tool ever. I’m fine with people being around at the gym though! :) Candy corn wouldn’t last very long at my house. I love it mixed with peanuts for a salty/sweet combo!!
Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..September Goal Check In

15 Katy October 1, 2011 at 1:28 pm

I honestly prefer to be by myself when I work out. Especially when I run. One of my anniversary gifts to my husband this summer was going on a 5 mile run together. It was the first time I had ever run with anyone other than myself. I enjoyed it much more than I expected, but still prefer to run alone.
Katy recently posted..Facing My Reality

16 Lizzie October 1, 2011 at 1:28 pm

candy corn wud not last at all at my house! its soo good!
i feel strange when people watch me exercise but when animals do i dont mind!!
Lizzie recently posted..awesome TUNES (:

17 jordan @ thedancingdonut October 1, 2011 at 1:29 pm

first of all, i love your fall decorations!! so festive. and bag of candy corn would probably last less than 48 hours in my apartment (i have minimal will power)…

also, i try not to feel self-conscious if i have an audience watching me work out, but while i’m dancing i’m kind of used to having people peer into the windows during class. sometimes it motivates me! have a great weekend :)
jordan @ thedancingdonut recently posted..five things friday.

18 Brittany October 1, 2011 at 1:43 pm

I like my space when I’m working out. If i’m taking a fitness class it doesn’t bother me unless you are up my butt with a bunch of space in other areas. Or if someone takes the treadmill right next to me when there are so many more open! Other than that, it’s not something I can really avoid!

19 Rachelle October 1, 2011 at 2:49 pm

If I work out at home I don’t like my hubby to be around but I don’t mind having the kids around me since they are still young. In the gym it doesn’t bother me cause I put my ipod on and get into workout mode. As for those candies, in my house hubby would sit down and eat the bag in one serving but I don’t like them so that’s ok with me.

20 Jess@atasteofconfidence October 1, 2011 at 2:53 pm

I don’t mind people being around me if they are working out too..like at the gym. But if my boyfriend is just around watching I’m not a big fan!

21 Lindsey October 1, 2011 at 2:56 pm

I don’t mind people being around me, as long as they aren’t just standing there staring or anything ;)
I cannot believe its October already! Where did September go?! It is my favorite month too!
I am not a candy corn fan so it might last awhile around here, I am still trying to get through the Costco sized bag of Jelly Belly I got for Easter.
Lindsey recently posted..Foodie Friday!

22 Marie October 1, 2011 at 3:17 pm

I’m the same. I like to blend in at the gym. At home, unless you’re working out with me, I’d rather be on my own. ;) I love BodyRock workouts but don’t think I could do those at the gym as I’m sure it would draw attention when people try figuring what I’m doing with the different move and interval timer, etc. Have a great weekend, Courtney!

23 Molly October 1, 2011 at 3:20 pm

i hate having people watch me work out! it makes me feel so weird. i do not like it at all. haha I don’t blame you for having him stay in a different room. :p
Molly recently posted..Dunkin’ Donuts has my heart

24 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 1, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Ahhh I hate having people watch me work out! I always feel like such a goof doing workout videos!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..My Favorites

25 J @ ... semplicemente j ... October 1, 2011 at 3:59 pm

I really don’t mind anyone watching me … except if I do Yoga … I do not want anyone around mostly because it is my time … I also like running alone … time to think and really to choose the mood on every run.

As for the candy corn … the bag would last months … I don’t think I have ever tried one … (I am sorry) … it was just a candy we did not grow up with … however if you give me a BAG of halloween packaged MILK DUDS … well, that would be another story … have to hide them from myself. I could honestly eat them all in one day.

Happy weekend!
J @ … semplicemente j … recently posted..… recap of my day …

26 Tracy @ Tracy's Treats October 1, 2011 at 5:19 pm

Candy does not last long in my household. I literally can down an entire package of sour patch kids in a day!
Tracy @ Tracy’s Treats recently posted..Last Weekend Run Before THE Run

27 Julie October 1, 2011 at 5:22 pm

sad to admit this, but a bag of candy corn didn’t even last a night in my apartment this week…between my 4 roommates + hungry boyfriends, that poor bag didn’t even stand a chance! it was the candy corn that had the pumpkins in it too so it was extra tempting :)

28 Mary @ Bites and Bliss October 1, 2011 at 6:41 pm

When I’m working out at home, it’s awkward to have other people in the room…but of course it’s not a big of a deal at the gym.
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..October 5

29 Khushboo October 1, 2011 at 6:56 pm

I’m the same with workout DVDs…no one is allowed in the room during! Candy corn would last forever at our place…we’re more of a chocolate family :)
Khushboo recently posted..Week 1 recap

30 Lexie @ This Aussie Eats October 1, 2011 at 7:43 pm

I don’t mind working out with others around at the gym etc but when it comes to home workouts, especially DVDs, I get weirded out. I usually even close the blinds in case someone comes to the door! Talk about paranoid!

31 Amanda @ Let Me Be Whats Underneath October 1, 2011 at 8:43 pm

I absolutely love candy corn…I would give a bag about 4 days in my house!!
Amanda @ Let Me Be Whats Underneath recently posted..Holding grudges?

32 Danica @ It's Progression Not Perfection October 1, 2011 at 9:08 pm

I hate that feeling that someone is watching me work out! I’m a lot more comfortable at the gym than I used to be (I’ve quit caring what other people think!), but whenever I’m working out in the living room no one can look! haha
Danica @ It’s Progression Not Perfection recently posted..Workouts 9/25 – 10/1 (300 squats!)

33 Katie @ Plates and Paste October 2, 2011 at 11:38 pm

When I do a quick strength training workout at home it’s usually in our main living are where my bf is watching tv. I don’t really care with him being there, but sometimes he can be distracting…like by trying to “coach” me or making farting noises while I do square haha.

I. Love. Candy. Corn. It wold last maybe a week :)
Katie @ Plates and Paste recently posted..Tampa Bay Hits a Homerun