Past Its Due Date

Last night as we were going to bed, I informed Jay that he was going to be “surprising” me with pancakes for breakfast in the morning. Yes, I had a strong hankering for pancakes at 12:30am, and the thought of having them for breakfast sounded just incredible.

Of course, I was only slightly kidding, as pancakes aren’t really his thing. However, when I went out to the kitchen, I found him actually attempting them for me. What a guy!

Unfortunately, the batter was a total fail. He used Bisquick as the base of his pancakes, which we’ve done before and they’re great, but our Bisquick was wayyyyy past its due date. Like, almost a year past…woops.

So we put a kibosh on the pancakes.

But then Jay went all Omelet Master on me (<—it’s so funny to compare our old and new kitchens in these two posts)

And we had some amazing omelets for breakfast!

While Jay got to work on the food, I sipped on my mug of coffee and got to work on some coupon clipping. Let me tell you, there was a crapload of awesome coupons today, and I’m pretty excited. You guys know I love my coupons. Winking smile

A short while later, breakfast attempt #2 was served.

Jay prepared me an egg white omelet with peppers, onions, tomatoes, spinach, and a light sprinkle of shredded mozzarella cheese. Oh, it was perfection.

My guy knows how to make a serious omelet.

Yeah, I knew there was a reason I married him. Winking smile

*****

This afternoon, we’re heading out to celebrate another Football Sunday and rumor has it that Mal is making one of her fantastic recipes today. I’m telling you, it’s the best ever!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Questions for the Morning:

Will you be watching any football today?

Are you a coupon clipper?

How long do you usually keep certain foods past their due date?

Comments

Proof that men respond better to direct requests rather than hints :)- super sweet of him! I usually do the scent test- if it smells alright, I’ll eat it regardless of ‘expiry date’! I think this mentality comes from 14 years of living in Nigeria: most foods didn’t come with an expiry date so it was up to the consumer to decide whether it was edible or not!
    Khushboo recently posted..Week 1 recap

I should really start using coupons! I’m generally too lazy to clip them haha. You are so lucky to have such an awesome man…that’s so sweet that he attempted pancakes for you! Bahh, I can’t wait to see my boyfriend later this week :D…6 weeks without seeing him is a long time!
    Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..October Goal

I’m pretty sure that Wednesday is the ONLY day of the week I don’t watch football during the season. THe husband is a football coach and he is usually sweet and we watch Modern Family instead of football on Wednesdays- how sweet of him! 😉
    PS-I looked at that picture of the old vs. new kitchen and…….. you are one lucky girl that new kitchen is sooooooo beautiful!
    Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Deep Breath… Here it goes (part II)

Ooo yummy omelet, that looks amazing!! How as Blue Valentine? I have been meaning to see it but am not sure if we’ll like it, let us know!

I try to use most of our foods before the due date, but sometimes I’ll let them go a little after (like a week or two) if they don’t smell or taste funky. Depends on the product though. We watching football ALL day on Sundays and we’ll also be tuning into Game 2 of the NLDS tonight at 8:30pm (sparing the names for your brother, haha!). I’m a sometimes coupon clipper. It takes forever and I get impatient. Hah.
    Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl recently posted..Feels Like Fall Weekend

I am a coupon clipper! I love a good bargain and feel good when I can use coupons. I also love when my guy makes breakfast too :) Heading out to watch football now. Have a great Sunday!

Love your kitchen! Those cabinets and countertop together are so beautiful.

I’m so bad about keeping things past their due date. I never even think about it with things that are in powder form (like Bisquick). I try to go through the cabinets at least once a year, but that doesn’t always work out.
    Rosa – Fitness Food Fulfilled recently posted..First Half Marathon Conquered!

Aw, your husband is so cute to attempt to make you pancakes. :)

I am a total coupon clipper. I match up the sales in the store circular to the coupons. I also check coupon blogs. It’s worth it to save a ton of money!
    Hope recently posted..A Pumpkin Filled Morning…

• Courtney says

I get most of them from there and I get some from online sites, too…when I’m feeling really motivated to look 😉

Ohhh yes I love coupons! And I’ve had the same thing happen with Bisquick, haha!

I forget about food sometimes – then I make a decision on how to keep it based on what it is…
    Samantha recently posted..Monday Monday