A Little of Everything

Well hello there, friends! Thank you all so much for your well wishes from this morning. I feel like I every time I turn around lately, I’m hitting you guys with a new change in my life. But hey, change is good, right?!

Alright, so I never got a chance to fill you all in on my morning, so let’s hop to it. First of all, I don’t know whether it was the excitement of the new job or what, but I was in the best freakin’ mood this morning. Typically, it’s not that I’m in a bad mood in the mornings, it’s just that I tend to be fairly quiet.

But I’ll tell ya, I had a great start to my day! Maybe the fact that I finished my monster 80-minute workout all before 7:00am had something to do with it?

Oh yes. Today was Day 16 of the challenge, and I was already well aware of what I had in store for me. This was actually the first time that I’ve gotten to try the Xtreme Core workout, and it certainly delivered. Not a whole lot of crunches, which I liked, and a whole lot of action on the obliques- I am a fan!

Post-workout, I showered and got myself ready for the day before diving into breakfast. I really wasn’t in the mood for anything in particular, so I sort of grabbed a little of everything, attempting to hit a few different food groups.

A Chocolate Chip Cherry Torte Larabar, half a banana with peanut butter, and a 2% mango Chobani. Dairy, protein, and healthy fats…check!

P.S. – Did you know that Chobani is coming out with 3 new flavors this January?? Word on the street is that there’s going to be Apple Cinnamon, Blood Orange, and- oh crap, I can’t remember the third. I think it’s something tropical?? Either way, they all sound awesome!

Being the first day at the new job and all, I didn’t want to pack anything that would require too much effort on my part, since I’m sure there will be lots going on. So I kept things easy with a pumpkin spice bagel topped with peanut butter, pumpkin, and banana slices.

I also have an apple and some baby carrots + cherry tomatoes, to round out the meal, also making it easier to space things out throughout the afternoon.

I’ll be back later tonight to fill you guys in on the first day!

Questions for the Afternoon:

WOULD YOU RATHER (it’s back!)…

• Eat all of your carbs in one meal –OR- space them out throughout the day?
  • Only eat fruits for the rest of your life –OR- only eat vegetables for the rest of your life?
  • Get free chocolate for one year –OR- get free peanut butter forever?

I would definitely want to space out my carbs. I don’t think anyone would want to be around me if I ate them all at once. And I would definitely go with fruit and peanut butter. After a bit of googling… the third Chobani flavor is passionfruit! Thanks for the heads up on the awesome flavors.
    Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..Back to reality…

Space out my carbs, I try to make sure if I eat a lot at breakfast, no have a salad at lunch or vice versus.
    Tough one, vegetables I think?!
    PB forever, now that’s a no brainer for me!
    Lindsey recently posted..Winners & Donuts!

Hope your day is going well! Fun q’s today!

Eat all of your carbs in one meal –OR- space them out throughout the day? Space them out fo sho! Too many carbs in one sitting affects me the same way too few does: I end up so sluggish
    Only eat fruits for the rest of your life –OR- only eat vegetables for the rest of your life? Ohh that’s harsh! I’m going to have to say vegetables…the sweetness of pumpkins and carrots can pass them off as fruit…I guess
    Get free chocolate for one year –OR- get free peanut butter forever? Funny you ask that but I was just thinking to myself earlier that if I had to choose, I would give up Choc over Pb! Also I can’t justify spending so much on peanut butter so I’m down for all the freebies I can get 😉

Nice job on conquering your longer workout before 7 am!!

I’d rather space out my carbs throughout the day – I love them at every meal! Although, a carb loaded meal every so often is a nice little treat sometimes.
    I’d rather eat fruit for the rest of my life – I’m a fruit lover for sure!
    I’d rather get free peanut butter forever!! Chocolate and PB are two of my top favorite foods, but peanut butter will always win. Mmmm!
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..New Little Personal Challenge

Those new Chobani flavors sound so good especially the Apple Cinnamon one! Yum! :)

I’d rather space my carbs out throughout the day otherwise I think I would feel stuffed and sick.

Hmm..this is a tough one. I would have to say vegetables because there are so many ways to prepare it. I love fruits but I think I would get bored of them more easily.

I would say get free peanut butter forever! That would be amazing! :)
    Hope recently posted..A Season To Look Forward To…

New Chobani flavors? I’m excited now!
    I’d rather space my carbs throughout the day! Unless it is something I REALLY want that has a lot of carbs.
    This ones hard, but I’d have to go with fruits. I can’t live without them.
    Free peanut butter forever. I’d die.

I’d prefer to space them out. I think having them all at once would leave me way too full and/or bloated. I can’t pick between fruits & veggies, I just can’t. I’d take free PB forever because it would make me the best girlfriend ever (Scott has a serious obsession with PB).
    Krissie J recently posted..Football Talk

I always space out my carbs, helps me feel better and allows me to enjoy them all day long!
    Only eat veggies…I think I could give up fruit but I could never give up my salad beasts or roasted veg no way!
    Free PB forever obviously! Much more economical too! 😀
    Caitlin C. recently posted..Farmer’s Market Finds

I’d rather –
    Space my carbs out throughout the day. I love them too much to have all at once!
    Only eat fruits for the rest of your life. You can do way more things with fruit I feel than veggies.
    Get free peanut butter forever. I think that would be heaven!
    Shelly recently posted..Monday Letdowns

spread throughout the day for sure. I’d pass out if I ate all carbs in one meal only.

fruit for sure! it is my favorite!

and that is so, so hard! don’t make me chose between chocolate and PB :)
    Sweet and Savvy recently posted..Homecoming

Spread out the carbs, love to have a little bit at every meal.

Avocados and tomatoes are technically fruits, so I’ll say fruit. :)

Peanut butter for life… it’s a better deal $$$$.

12. Kate Harts says

Carbs all day please! And I think I’d do veggies, although I prefer fruits. When you think about all the recipe possibilities veggies are a no brainer! Another no brainer is chocolate vs. peanut butter. Hello PB for life!

13. dee says

I have an complex (borderline unhealthy) obsession with carbs..so HANDS DOWN, I would rather enjoy them them throughout the day!

As for veggies or fruit, I love them both so that is a toughie. I think I have to go with veggies though (cucumbers and tomatoes qualify as veggies in my book!).

If I tell someone I love them more than chocolate, they know I mean business. BUT!! Peanut Butter for LIFE?! naturally I cannot skippy out on that!! I’d jump on that chance in a jif!! :)

Oooo I love the idea of adding pumpkin to the pumpkin bagel, I’ll have to try that 😉

These are tough ones! Definitely space out my carbs, more bang for your buck 😉 And I actually like more vegetables than fruit, is that weird? I love it to, you know, keep things moving…that’s a must for the rest of my life!
    Definitely free peanut butter…that forever bit won me over 😉
    Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Job Satisfaction

I like to spread my carbs throughout the day, it’s a better balance!

Tough decision between fruits and veggies – that’d mean either no more smoothies or no more huge salads… I can’t choose, I’d be lying if I chose one over the other.

Free peanut butter forever – SIGN ME UP!
    Samantha recently posted..Monday Monday

YAY! I am so pumped for new Chobani flavors. Now if they could just figure out a way to lower the price too!

Also, I can’t believe you you did body AND core today. Both of those alone are killer. That’s awesome.
    allison recently posted..group workouts rant.

17. Jessica says

You’re lunch is so simple yet so delicious and healthy. I have to spread my cabs through the day otherwise I go crazy. I wish I could workout for 80 minutes so early, I’m very jealous!