A Little of Everything

by Courtney on October 4, 2011

Well hello there, friends! Thank you all so much for your well wishes from this morning. I feel like I every time I turn around lately, I’m hitting you guys with a new change in my life. But hey, change is good, right?!

Alright, so I never got a chance to fill you all in on my morning, so let’s hop to it. First of all, I don’t know whether it was the excitement of the new job or what, but I was in the best freakin’ mood this morning. Typically, it’s not that I’m in a bad mood in the mornings, it’s just that I tend to be fairly quiet.

But I’ll tell ya, I had a great start to my day! Maybe the fact that I finished my monster 80-minute workout all before 7:00am had something to do with it?

week3d16

Oh yes. Today was Day 16 of the challenge, and I was already well aware of what I had in store for me. This was actually the first time that I’ve gotten to try the Xtreme Core workout, and it certainly delivered. Not a whole lot of crunches, which I liked, and a whole lot of action on the obliques- I am a fan!

Post-workout, I showered and got myself ready for the day before diving into breakfast. I really wasn’t in the mood for anything in particular, so I sort of grabbed a little of everything, attempting to hit a few different food groups.

A Chocolate Chip Cherry Torte Larabar, half a banana with peanut butter, and a 2% mango Chobani. Dairy, protein, and healthy fats…check!

P.S. – Did you know that Chobani is coming out with 3 new flavors this January?? Word on the street is that there’s going to be Apple Cinnamon, Blood Orange, and- oh crap, I can’t remember the third. I think it’s something tropical?? Either way, they all sound awesome!

Lunch

Being the first day at the new job and all, I didn’t want to pack anything that would require too much effort on my part, since I’m sure there will be lots going on. So I kept things easy with a pumpkin spice bagel topped with peanut butter, pumpkin, and banana slices.

I also have an apple and some baby carrots + cherry tomatoes, to round out the meal, also making it easier to space things out throughout the afternoon.

I’ll be back later tonight to fill you guys in on the first day!

Questions for the Afternoon:

WOULD YOU RATHER (it’s back!)…

• Eat all of your carbs in one meal –OR- space them out throughout the day?
  • Only eat fruits for the rest of your life –OR- only eat vegetables for the rest of your life?
  • Get free chocolate for one year –OR- get free peanut butter forever?

1 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life October 4, 2011 at 1:03 pm

I’ve never tried just straight up pumpkin out of the can on a bagel like that, but it looks intriguing!

I would go for the free chocolate for a year, but my waistline would not be happy about it.
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Picking Pumpkins Like it’s our Job

2 Lindsay @ biking before bed October 4, 2011 at 1:09 pm

I would definitely want to space out my carbs. I don’t think anyone would want to be around me if I ate them all at once. And I would definitely go with fruit and peanut butter. After a bit of googling… the third Chobani flavor is passionfruit! Thanks for the heads up on the awesome flavors.
Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..Back to reality…

3 Lindsey October 4, 2011 at 1:10 pm

Space out my carbs, I try to make sure if I eat a lot at breakfast, no have a salad at lunch or vice versus.
Tough one, vegetables I think?!
PB forever, now that’s a no brainer for me!
Lindsey recently posted..Winners & Donuts!

4 Khushboo October 4, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Hope your day is going well! Fun q’s today!

Eat all of your carbs in one meal –OR- space them out throughout the day? Space them out fo sho! Too many carbs in one sitting affects me the same way too few does: I end up so sluggish
Only eat fruits for the rest of your life –OR- only eat vegetables for the rest of your life? Ohh that’s harsh! I’m going to have to say vegetables…the sweetness of pumpkins and carrots can pass them off as fruit…I guess
Get free chocolate for one year –OR- get free peanut butter forever? Funny you ask that but I was just thinking to myself earlier that if I had to choose, I would give up Choc over Pb! Also I can’t justify spending so much on peanut butter so I’m down for all the freebies I can get ;)

5 Courtney October 4, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Space out my carbs so I can enjoy them all day.

Fruits forever-I could eat watermelon at every meal and never get tired of it!

PB forever!
Courtney recently posted..Just can’t wait

6 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries October 4, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Nice job on conquering your longer workout before 7 am!!

I’d rather space out my carbs throughout the day – I love them at every meal! Although, a carb loaded meal every so often is a nice little treat sometimes.
I’d rather eat fruit for the rest of my life – I’m a fruit lover for sure!
I’d rather get free peanut butter forever!! Chocolate and PB are two of my top favorite foods, but peanut butter will always win. Mmmm!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..New Little Personal Challenge

7 Mallory @ It's Only Life October 4, 2011 at 1:25 pm

i think the 3rd flavor is passionfruit. tropical-sounding, huh?!

your lunch looks so good! if it were up to me i’d rather save them all for one big carb-fest. i like stuffing my face, what can i say? ;)
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Most Amazing Bread

8 Hope October 4, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Those new Chobani flavors sound so good especially the Apple Cinnamon one! Yum! :)

I’d rather space my carbs out throughout the day otherwise I think I would feel stuffed and sick.

Hmm..this is a tough one. I would have to say vegetables because there are so many ways to prepare it. I love fruits but I think I would get bored of them more easily.

I would say get free peanut butter forever! That would be amazing! :)
Hope recently posted..A Season To Look Forward To…

9 Brittany October 4, 2011 at 1:29 pm

New Chobani flavors? I’m excited now!
I’d rather space my carbs throughout the day! Unless it is something I REALLY want that has a lot of carbs.
This ones hard, but I’d have to go with fruits. I can’t live without them.
Free peanut butter forever. I’d die.

10 Rachel @ Runner's Tales October 4, 2011 at 1:29 pm

I think the third new Chobani flavor is Passion Fruit!

I think I would want to enjoy my carbs throughout the day, eat fruit for the rest of my life and enjoy free chocolate for one year. :)

11 Shanna, Like Banana October 4, 2011 at 1:31 pm

WYR:

Space my carbs out — that’s an easy one
Fruit — I want to say veggies, but I keep defaulting to fruit
PB for year — I could give chocolate up forever, but not PB!
Shanna, Like Banana recently posted..Shoes-Day! New black boots and wineries

12 Krissie J October 4, 2011 at 1:47 pm

I’d prefer to space them out. I think having them all at once would leave me way too full and/or bloated. I can’t pick between fruits & veggies, I just can’t. I’d take free PB forever because it would make me the best girlfriend ever (Scott has a serious obsession with PB).
Krissie J recently posted..Football Talk

13 Caitlin C. October 4, 2011 at 2:18 pm

I always space out my carbs, helps me feel better and allows me to enjoy them all day long!
Only eat veggies…I think I could give up fruit but I could never give up my salad beasts or roasted veg no way!
Free PB forever obviously! Much more economical too! :D
Caitlin C. recently posted..Farmer’s Market Finds

14 Ari @ Ari's Menu October 4, 2011 at 2:50 pm

These are all easy ones for me today–Spaced out, veggies, and without a doubt, PB!!!
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..Bekki’s Birthday Dinner

15 Shelly October 4, 2011 at 3:15 pm

I’d rather –
Space my carbs out throughout the day. I love them too much to have all at once!
Only eat fruits for the rest of your life. You can do way more things with fruit I feel than veggies.
Get free peanut butter forever. I think that would be heaven!
Shelly recently posted..Monday Letdowns

16 Christine @ Oatmeal in my Bowl October 4, 2011 at 3:23 pm

I want to eat my carbs throughout the day, but tend to eat them all in the morning.
Second one is a tough one cuz I really love both. Think it would be veggies if it came down to it.
And definitely peanut butter. Hands down. Yum. Would go with my veggies. LOL.

BTW, Great looking bagel.
Christine @ Oatmeal in my Bowl recently posted..Day at the Apple Orchards with the Girls

17 erica October 4, 2011 at 3:35 pm

space those carbs out!

fruit please!

gimme that chocolate :)
erica recently posted..weekend shennanigans

18 Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled October 4, 2011 at 3:38 pm

I’d totally choose fruit over veggies.

And chocolate vs. peanut butter? That’s a toughie! I think I’d go with chocolate. No, peanut butter. Yes, definitely peanut butter.
Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled recently posted..After Dinner Desserts

19 Sweet and Savvy October 4, 2011 at 4:22 pm

spread throughout the day for sure. I’d pass out if I ate all carbs in one meal only.

fruit for sure! it is my favorite!

and that is so, so hard! don’t make me chose between chocolate and PB :)
Sweet and Savvy recently posted..Homecoming

20 Michelle @ Oats n' Bows October 4, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Oh my… pumpkin spice bagel. How amazing! This makes me want a bagel now.

Hmm.. I switch back and forth. But I prefer to spread it out.

I pretty much eat nothing but fruit now anyway haha so that’s an easy choice for me :P

CHOCOLATE. No contest.
Michelle @ Oats n’ Bows recently posted..Ten fun facts that you didn’t know about me…

21 Liz @ Tip Top Shape October 4, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Carbs spread out, definitely. More fun!

Only fruit–I have a major sweet tooth.

And…I think all peanut butter. You can use it in more ways than chocolate.
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Snore-a-sorous

22 Lauren B. October 4, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Spread out the carbs, love to have a little bit at every meal.

Avocados and tomatoes are technically fruits, so I’ll say fruit. :)

Peanut butter for life… it’s a better deal $$$$.

23 Samantha October 4, 2011 at 5:35 pm

I love carbs and must have them at every meal :) And as far as veggies or fruits I would have to go with fruit (bananas, oranges and apples oh my!) Chocolate free? um YES please!
Samantha recently posted..Great news (and some epic fails)

24 Kate Harts October 4, 2011 at 6:01 pm

Carbs all day please! And I think I’d do veggies, although I prefer fruits. When you think about all the recipe possibilities veggies are a no brainer! Another no brainer is chocolate vs. peanut butter. Hello PB for life!

25 dee October 4, 2011 at 6:13 pm

I have an complex (borderline unhealthy) obsession with carbs..so HANDS DOWN, I would rather enjoy them them throughout the day!

As for veggies or fruit, I love them both so that is a toughie. I think I have to go with veggies though (cucumbers and tomatoes qualify as veggies in my book!).

If I tell someone I love them more than chocolate, they know I mean business. BUT!! Peanut Butter for LIFE?! naturally I cannot skippy out on that!! I’d jump on that chance in a jif!! :)

26 Shayla @ The Good Life October 4, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Oooo I love the idea of adding pumpkin to the pumpkin bagel, I’ll have to try that ;)

These are tough ones! Definitely space out my carbs, more bang for your buck ;) And I actually like more vegetables than fruit, is that weird? I love it to, you know, keep things moving…that’s a must for the rest of my life!
Definitely free peanut butter…that forever bit won me over ;)
Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Job Satisfaction

27 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun October 4, 2011 at 8:20 pm

I tried finding the pumpkin spice bagels but couldn’t! :(

And congrats on the part-time gig!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..And The Irony Continues

28 Samantha October 4, 2011 at 8:26 pm

I like to spread my carbs throughout the day, it’s a better balance!

Tough decision between fruits and veggies – that’d mean either no more smoothies or no more huge salads… I can’t choose, I’d be lying if I chose one over the other.

Free peanut butter forever – SIGN ME UP!
Samantha recently posted..Monday Monday

29 Maria@La_Piattini October 4, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Still can’t find the pumpkin spice bagels :(
Maria@La_Piattini recently posted..Patterned Tights

30 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 4, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Wow – that is a crazy intense workout!!! Great job!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..cheap dates 101

31 allison October 4, 2011 at 9:42 pm

YAY! I am so pumped for new Chobani flavors. Now if they could just figure out a way to lower the price too!

Also, I can’t believe you you did body AND core today. Both of those alone are killer. That’s awesome.
allison recently posted..group workouts rant.

32 Jessica October 5, 2011 at 1:53 pm

You’re lunch is so simple yet so delicious and healthy. I have to spread my cabs through the day otherwise I go crazy. I wish I could workout for 80 minutes so early, I’m very jealous!