Get Out Of My Head!

As I was out in the kitchen making this delicious breakfast this morning,

I had the TV on Good Morning America, as I always do (I’m a fan of Josh Elliott). Winking smile

One of the first segments that came on after I turned it on happened to be an interview with the cast of Growing Pains.

source

I can remember watching this show when I was younger, but it was mostly because I had a slight crush on Kirk Cameron.

source

Yeah, he was right up there with Joey Lawrence and JTT for me (ahem, Julie). Winking smile

So anyways…throughout the segment this morning, they kept playing the Growing Pains theme song, and now it is officially stuck in my head. Ughh, I hate when that happens! I don’t know what it is, but certain songs only take about two notes for me to hear and then they are completely embedded in my head for the entire day. A couple others that come to mind…

• “Umbrella” by Rihanna
  • “Kung Fu Fighting”
  • “Hard Knock Life” from Annie
  • “Barbie Girl” by Aqua
  • “867-5309” (<—just typing it now has it stuck in my head!)

Man, they are some catchy tunes!

*****

Breakfast

This morning called for a nice warm mug ‘o joe,

and a creamy, delicious bowl of pumpkin buckwheat.

Today’s bowl was extra awesome, thanks to the generous helping of PB2 and granola that I loaded on top.

I actually added a little cinnamon into my PB2 today, and then once it was paired with the granola and raisins, it was basically a makeshift cinnamon raisin peanut butter. I’ll take it!

Yummmmm.

Workout

Today’s workout was an easy one, and thank goodness because WOW am I sore from yesterday’s monster session. The only thing on tap for Day 17 was the Xtreme Yoga workout; previously, I’ve paired the yoga workout with some HIIT on the treadmill, but that was just not an option today.

Alrighty folks, time to go seize the day!

Question for the Morning:

What songs (if any) get easily stuck in your head when you hear them?

Comments

NOOOOO pls tell me you are joking about Joey Lawrence- gah!! I don’t know whether I should publicly admit this but I actually made up a dance to Barbie Girl back in the day!
    Khushboo recently posted..Whoop De Doo!

We are the Champions gets stuck in mine every Sunday after they inevitably play it during one of the football games. And yesterday I jokingly said “I’m sexy and I know it” and BAM, LMFAO stuck in my head for hours on end.

3. Katie says

I missed the Growing Pains segment this morning….stupid work hours :-/

Theme songs usually get stuck in my head more than pop songs. The last song I had stuck in my head was “On top of spaghetti…..” because my friend always sings it to her baby girl!! Talk about embarassing things to hum at your desk!

UGH, that darn umbrella gets stuck in my head for what feels like weeks at a time. I’m not even kidding.

did you KNOW.. it was just announced on Friday that the catchiest song of all time is Queen’s “We Are The Champions.” I know this because I won chris brown concert tickets for calling in my local radio station with the right answer (thank YOU, Queen!)

anyway, my point in that is I think it’s strange that’s the “catchiest song.” I’d say the ones you listed are way more obnoxious in getting stuck in my head.
    Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..WIAW [Autumn Edition]

I loveed Kirk tooo!!! and Joey Lawrence! Also your buckwheat bowls always look SOOO good…. I will have to attempt them soon!
    I constantly have Closing Time stuck in my head… like its on repeat all day every dy which is strange hahaha
    Meg recently posted..Cookie Monster Post

I loved Kirk and Joey, too!

I was told in middle school that singing the Smurfs theme song will get any song out of your head. However, I was a little slow to realize that only works because then the Smurfs theme song is stuck in your head. It was middle school..I thought I knew it all but really, I was just gullible.
    Sherri recently posted..October Football

I watched GMA this morning too and literally said “UGH!” when I heard 867-5309. That song is a killer.

If I ever hear “Tubthumping (I Get Knocked Down” by Chumbawamba, that song sticks like glue in my head FOREVER! Not a fan. ;-)
    Heather recently posted..A Tuesday Like a Wednesday

• Kim @ The Family Practice says

We rented a big van this past weekend so our friends could all be in one car for a road trip (seats 15) and we were singing “chilling in the back seat, in the other back seat, in the way back seat, which seat should I take?” Ha ha ha, we’re super cool :)
      Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Preschool Stuntman

So my girlfriend lives out in Salt Lake City, Utah and the other day she tweeted she had met the real “Jenny” from the song “867-5309.” I asked her “how’d you know it was her?” She said Jenny’s friend told them it was her and that she did some research on the internet and it matched! She also said “Jenny” had big boobs so it must be true haha.
    Katy @ HaveYouHurd recently posted..Warrior Dash!

Best Love Song by T-Pain and Without You by David Guetta & Usher were stuck in my head all day yesterday at work!! It may have to do with the fact I’m obsessed with these songs right now and listen to them every day on my drive!!
    Pamela recently posted..My Health Story

Oh my Gosh. 867-5309 ALWAYS gets stuck. Pretty sure I won’t be able to get it out now! Recently, Cheers by Rihanna has been getting in my head and give me everything tonight