Ohh I Forgot To Tell You

by Courtney on October 6, 2011

I think I’ve determined that 10-hour workdays are going to require a little afternoon pick-me-up.

This afternoon, I had to run out to take care of a quick errand and lucky (or unlucky) for me, I have a Starbucks right down the road. Thoughts of skinny caramel macchiatos quickly began swirling around in my head, and before I knew it, I had to have one. I have a feeling it could be very easy to develop a Starbucks habit! Yikes.

Hey, at least I still brown-bagged dinner, right?

I packed up a simple veggie salad to have for dinner, complete with:

• romaine lettuce
  • cukes
  • cherry tomatoes
  • green onions
  • leftover cauliflower
  • black beans
  • baby carrots
  • goat cheese
  • pineapple peach salsa

YUM! I also ended up feeding my bottomless pit with some more trail mix, half a pear, and a handful of candy corn this afternoon. I just can.not.resist the candy corn!

*****

Now, after working all day, I’m ready to go to town in the kitchen.

Ohhh wait, I forgot to tell you all? Here, let me give you a little run down of the next couple of days for me…

-Tomorrow I’m working until 3…

-Then Jay and I have a rehearsal dinner to go to tomorrow night for a wedding that Jay is in…

-Then Jay and I will be attending said wedding for our awesome friends, Josh & Erika, on Saturday.

-And somewhere in between there, I have to bake up 100 cupcakes for their wedding.

Talk about going from not busy to having a full plate, right? ;)

Don’t get me wrong, I am beyond honored to be asked by Josh and Erika to make the cupcakes for their wedding and I am REALLY looking forward to it…I just have to manage my time like a rock star these next couple of days!

Questions for the Evening:

Are you more of a brown-bagger for lunch and/or dinner during the week or do you tend to buy more meals out during the week?

1 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 6, 2011 at 8:05 pm

I always brown bag it – and then sometimes when I brown bag it, I’ll end up going out for a meal. :)
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..favorite fall produce

2 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen October 6, 2011 at 8:12 pm

When I didn’t work at home, I always brown bagged it. But come the afternoon, I’d inevitably want to go grab a coffee or tea. That starbucks would be super dangerous to me!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Pumpkin walnut chocolate chip cake bars

3 Emily @ a nutritionist eats October 6, 2011 at 8:13 pm

I always pack a lunch, then going out is a treat!

4 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 6, 2011 at 8:18 pm

I’m definitely a brown bagger — I pack my lunch every day!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..When do you Rest?

5 Blog is the New Black October 6, 2011 at 8:19 pm

What an honor making all those cupcakes! You go, girl!
Blog is the New Black recently posted..Lemon Chicken Soup with Orzo

6 Mallory @ It's Only Life October 6, 2011 at 8:34 pm

luckily i live close enough to work to go home for lunch every day! my co-workers sometimes go out to lunch on fridays which is a nice treat! we also have a rotating schedule of who takes coffee orders to get at dunkin donuts on friday as well! i suppose we have the same idea as you when it comes to “coffee fridays”! :D gotta love them!
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Shirataki Noodles: A Second Chance

7 Courtney October 6, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Great minds think alike! :)

8 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles October 6, 2011 at 8:35 pm

I always brown bag lunch at school- I can’t eat the stuff the school serves, my hips would grow like crazy if I ate that stuff!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..A Woman of Few Words

9 Erica October 6, 2011 at 8:41 pm

i like to brown bag lunch and go out to dinner! (and order something that will leave me w/enough to bring for lunch the next day! lol)
Erica recently posted..condo progress: blinds!

10 Kristen @ notsodomesticated October 6, 2011 at 8:44 pm

I definitely brown bag my lunch 90% of the time … but there are some days when everyone wants to go out to eat, so I go with them. :)

Tomorrow I’m bringing pumpkin whoopie pies in to work for everyone. I made them tonight for the first time and they are SO good! I hope all my co-workers like them!!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..French Toast and New Cooking Tips

11 Courtney October 6, 2011 at 9:45 pm

That sounds awesome!! I wish I worked with you! ;)

12 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine October 6, 2011 at 8:44 pm

I try to brown bag it or go home for lunch – its so much cheaper that way.
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..What I’m Loving on Wine Wednesday – A Tribute to André Spumante

13 Liz @ Tip Top Shape October 6, 2011 at 9:35 pm

I’m a brown bagger all the time. It makes it that much more fun when I do go out. And wow–that is a whole lot of cupcakes to make!!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Straight-From-Heaven Sugar Cookies

14 Lindsey October 6, 2011 at 10:17 pm

I come home for lunch, and am very lucky I can do so. If I can’t get home I pack my lunch and aim to eat out no more than once a week plus one Starbucks trip of course :)
Lindsey recently posted..Favorite Christmas Things Swap

15 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries October 6, 2011 at 10:22 pm

I’m definitely a brown bagger! I honestly hate spending money on going out to eat unless it’s for a special occasion. I always eat more than I should when I go out to eat too, so I try to keep going out to a minimum. Don’t get me wrong, I love going out for a good meal, but not every single day.
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Today My Husband Brought Home…

16 Tara Deal October 6, 2011 at 10:46 pm

How fun to be able to be the baker for your friends wedding!! What a great opportunity :) I always brown bag my lunch, that way I can eat what I truly want to, eat healthy options, and save some dough!
Tara Deal recently posted..Tempeh First Timer

17 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy October 6, 2011 at 11:06 pm

I usually brown bag it…but I do treat myself to lunch out about once a week :). Have fun at the wedding- you have a busy weekend!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Wedding Hair

18 Khushboo October 7, 2011 at 12:45 am

I’m a brown bagger all the way! I know what I’m getting, it tastes good and I save me some moolah- win all round!
Khushboo recently posted..The Apple of my “i”

19 Molly@hungryhungryrunner.com October 7, 2011 at 7:53 am

I’m about 50/50. I’m trying to brown-bag it more often because I know it will save me $$$ but I get in such a rush in the morning sometimes that I run out the door without packing something. I think the key for me is packing something the night before.

And speaking of wasting money…It is sooooooooo easy to develop a Starbucks habit! I’m currently trying to downgrade, if not kick mine all together! :)
Molly@hungryhungryrunner.com recently posted..Too Rich or Too Tan

20 Hope October 7, 2011 at 8:33 am

I always bring my lunch to work. I don’t remember the last time I bought lunch. It’s so much cheaper and healthier this way :)
Hope recently posted..A Ruby Kind Of Thursday…

21 Hope October 7, 2011 at 8:33 am

Hope recently posted..A Ruby Kind Of Thursday…

22 Courtney October 7, 2011 at 9:01 am

Hey Courtney, I love your website!! I’m actually making your cookie dough cupcakes for my family’s annual trip to the mountains tomorrow. I have a question.. when you make your cupcakes ahead of time, is it best to frost them and refrigerate them until you leave for the event? Or just cover them and leave them at room temp? I want the frosting and cookie dough balls to stay as yummy as possible! Thanks!!

23 Courtney October 7, 2011 at 9:16 am

Hey, thank you!
As long as they won’t be in too warm of a climate, they should be totally fine at room temp as long as you cover them up well. So glad you’re making them – they’re a favorite around here!

Have fun in the mountains :)

24 Courtney October 7, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Great, thanks! Now my biggest obstacle is keeping the hubs fingers out of the cookie dough filling… :-)

25 Kim @ The Family Practice October 7, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Courtney do you sell your cupcakes or make them out of the kindness of your heart?! :)
Seems like you could have quite the business operation!
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Protein Brownies (from a box?!)

26 Courtney October 7, 2011 at 12:57 pm

A little of both, actually :)
I offered to do Josh & Erika’s cupcakes as part of their wedding gift!

27 Kim @ The Family Practice October 7, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Good for you! Now, get back to bakin! :)
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Protein Brownies (from a box?!)

28 Shelly @ Cake is a Food Group October 7, 2011 at 1:49 pm

I brown bag all the way. Unless of course I am working with other people (I usually work alone at clients or at home). Then we tend to go to lunch together to catch up.
Shelly @ Cake is a Food Group recently posted..Weight Watchers Meeting #3

29 maria@la_piattini October 7, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Busy busy! Good luck getting all those cupcakes done and have a great time this weekend :)
maria@la_piattini recently posted..Creamy Chicken Pesto Penne

30 Lauren October 7, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Okay, I’m usually a candy corn addicted too, but I’ve managed to walk by it with my head down so far because I really don’t want to become too fond of the sugar. I tend to get myself into a sugar addiction quickly (literally) Haha and it usually starts around October….. I wonder why? LOL.

But anyway… I wanted to say: Target’s Pumpkin Pie Candy Corn.

Holy.Moly.Addicting.Love.Yum.
I swear, it’s life changing.

PS-> One of my life goals is to bake cupcakes with you. :o)
Lauren recently posted..“… He’s totally good at making out”.

31 Courtney October 8, 2011 at 10:57 am

pumpkin pie candy corn at Target?!?!?!?! I’m going there ASAP!

You can come bake cupcakes with me ANY time! :-D

32 Laura @ Unchartered 20s October 8, 2011 at 2:17 pm

I always try to brown bag it and usually its pretty good stuff! Left overs or a big salad. Once in a while I’ll get Subway :) NYC is sooo pricey!!
Laura @ Unchartered 20s recently posted..Weekly Roundup

33 Haley @ Fit, Young, and Fabulous January 15, 2012 at 11:43 am

Where did you get your cupcake boxes? They are so cute and convenient!!!
Haley @ Fit, Young, and Fabulous recently posted..Who’s Your Eda-Mommay?

34 Courtney January 15, 2012 at 12:22 pm

I get them from http://www.confectioneryhouse.com/
They have an actual store that is close to me that I get them from, but you can also buy online from their site. They have everything!

35 stacey January 15, 2012 at 7:42 pm

gotta try one of these skinny carmel macchiotoooosssss sounds yummy