His Special Radar

by Courtney on October 8, 2011

I think Cody has a special radar.

I call it the “Cody loves to dive-bomb mom’s photo” radar.

Because whenever I’m getting ready to take a photo of something, no matter what it may be, there he is…ready and willing to take front and center.

And then, of course, there’s a few rounds of pushing him out of the way…or me picking him up and placing him elsewhere…or then he coerces me in to playing fetch with him…and then, if I’m lucky, he’ll finally give up.

Well, at least for a little while anyway. Winking smile

About a month ago, I was sent some coupons in the mail to try out the new Coffee Mate Natural Bliss all-natural coffee creamer.

Usually, I’ll just use skim milk in my coffee, but every once in a while I’ll grab a splash of Jay’s creamer. A few years ago, I actually used to be hooked on the fat-free stuff, but had eventually weaned myself off of it since the ingredient list made my head spin.

So when I checked out these new Natural Bliss coffee creamers, I was shocked to see that the ingredient list included only four ingredientsmilk, cream, sugar, and natural flavor…all of which I knew and could even pronounce! Winking smile

And actually, if you’ve ever compared a fat-free creamer to a regular creamer, you’ll notice that the fat content is not that much different; usually 1-2 grams of fat for each tablespoon.

So the Natural Bliss line comes in three flavors: Vanilla, Caramel, and Sweet Cream.

source

Jay and I have only tried the caramel and sweet cream flavors, but I can tell you that they are both delicious. Overall, I think the sweet cream flavor is my favorite, but the caramel flavor pairs really well with homemade cinnamon coffee.

Lately, I’ve been enjoying a little mix of skim milk + a splash of creamer in my morning coffee and it’s been super scrumptious. Like this morning, I enjoyed my mug of coffee with the Caramel flavor, along with a cereal combo bowl.

Today’s bowl included a new-to-me cereal, Kashi Island Vanilla + Honey Nut Cheerios + banana slices + unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

I’m definitely a fan of this Kashi cereal!

Before indulging in breakfast, I made sure to get my workout done for the day; Day 20 was another round of Xtreme Cardio Kickboxing + Bonus Abs. To be honest, this was the third day in a row where the kickboxing has been the main workout, so I was getting a little bored with that. Luckily, things switch back up tomorrow!

Now, it’s time to get back to those cupcakes…

Yes, the ones that I was working on until 11:00 last night, still wearing my heels from dinner. It was quite a sight! Winking smile

Hope everyone is having a great start to their weekend!

Question for the Morning:

For the coffee drinkers: How do you take your coffee?

For the non-coffee drinkers:  Do you not drink it because of the taste or the caffeine?

Disclaimer: I received three coupons to purchase and review the Natural Bliss creamers, but all opinions are strictly my own. Honestly…this stuff really did rock my socks!

1 Shelly @ Cake is a Food Group October 8, 2011 at 11:02 am

I drink my coffee with either a little milk or a little creamer – whatever is on hand at the time. I actually drink decaf since I can’t have caffeine. It still seems to perk me up though.
Shelly @ Cake is a Food Group recently posted..Weight Watchers Meeting #3

2 Shelly @ Cake is a Food Group October 8, 2011 at 11:03 am

Forgot to add that I really appreciate your creamer review. I think I’m going to buy the Sweet Cream version. The nutrition really isn’t bad – good deal!
Shelly @ Cake is a Food Group recently posted..Weight Watchers Meeting #3

3 Danica @ It's Progression Not Perfection October 8, 2011 at 11:05 am

I actually wish I liked coffee but I just can’t stand the bitter taste. Then if there’s a lot of added flavor to mask the bitterness, it gets too sweet for me. Oh well!
Good luck with the rest of your cupcake baking! You’ll definitely deserve an extra drink at the wedding for all your hard work! : )
Danica @ It’s Progression Not Perfection recently posted..it’s a beautiful fall day

4 Kathryn October 8, 2011 at 11:07 am

Yum, I love coffee! During the summer, I was drinking iced, but now that’s it’s getting colder I might switch back to hot, it depends on what it does to my stomach. Too much coffee and my tummy isn’t happy (thanks reflux!) but somehow the iced keeps that at bay. Anyway, I drink my hot coffee with half and half (I know, bad me!) and a bit of sugar. Same with iced, though with my iced I can get away adding milk instead (though I still prefer half and half).

5 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign October 8, 2011 at 11:12 am

I’m sipping the vanilla version of that creamer in my coffee right now and I absolutely adore it! I used to be hooked on all the fun flavored creamers but like you, stopped because of all of the icky ingredients. Now I stick with natural creamers, soy milk, or half and half.

I like my coffee with creamer if it’s on it’s own, but I prefer it black when paired with desserts…I think because the sugar in the dessert makes my coffee seem too sweet when it has creamer in it.
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Prep, Pumpkin Muffins, & Instant Iced Coffee

6 Sweet and Savvy October 8, 2011 at 11:18 am

Those are such cute Cody pics!:) And those creamers look awesome!

7 Khushboo October 8, 2011 at 11:22 am

Those creamers sound great! I take my iced coffee with plain soy milk! Initially it was sooo hard to go without the sweetener/sugar but I now love it. To be honest, knowing that my iced coffee is waiting for me in the fridge is probably one of the main things that get me through my morning workouts ;)!
Khushboo recently posted..High 5′s

8 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles October 8, 2011 at 11:43 am

I have coffee every morning! My husband is obsessed with it, so he makes a big ol’ pot of French Press joe every morning. We drink it with soy creamer, which is great! I’m sipping on some right now actually…. :)
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..So Simple

9 Kandace October 8, 2011 at 11:57 am

I love coffee! It might have something to do with the fact I used to work at Starbucks for 5 years. I use silk (soy) french vanilla creamer. It only has 20 cals and 1 gram of fat. Not to bad but there are some ingredients that I can’t pronounce, I ran to my fridge after reading you blog today and looked at the ingredients. I’ll have to google them to see if they’re bad or not.
Cody is too funny.

10 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health October 8, 2011 at 11:58 am

Oh I love my coffee :). I used to use coffeemate creamer, but I recently discovered So Delicious Coconut Milk French Vanilla creamer and it is seriously awesome!! You should try it!
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Meatloaf and The Animal Whisperer

11 Bridget October 8, 2011 at 12:09 pm

i used to be hooked on coffee creamer until i noticed the ingredient list as well! i am happy they are coming out with new natural flavors! However, I do make an exception for the peppermint mocha flavor around the holidays…if only they had a natural flavor of that! it is AMAZING!
p.s. i added you to my blog roll! love your blog!

12 Lauren B. October 8, 2011 at 12:09 pm

I kicked my coffee habit a few months ago (as well as all caffeine), and I don’t even miss it. I still love the smell of it, but I have no taste for it whatsoever… and that’s after a 10-year habit! I am a tea-drinker now- so fun to try all of the different flavors. One of my favs is TAZO Sweet Cinnamon Spice.

13 Bridget October 8, 2011 at 12:09 pm

p.s. i added you to my blog roll! love your blog!
Bridget recently posted..Friday Faves

14 Jackie @ That Deep Breath October 8, 2011 at 12:12 pm

im a coffee creamer addict, but i’ve been trying to get myself to just drink plain black coffee lately. I’ll have to keep an eye out for this kind!
Jackie @ That Deep Breath recently posted..Grocery Planner

15 Tara Burner October 8, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Cody’s tooo cute
and I’ve never tasted coffee…
yep almost 44 yrs old and never tasted it…just can’t stand the smell of it so figure I wont like taste of it either & not into hot drinks
Tara Burner recently posted..Random thoughts

16 Kim @thefamilypractice October 8, 2011 at 12:22 pm

I drink my coffee black, but I’m happy to see some healthier creamer! I used to buy stuff for the guys at work. They’d spill little drips and when it dried up it looked exactly the same as dried up elmer’s glue. Concerning?
I’ll have to pass this along to my coffee- with-creamer-drinkers
Those cupcakes look great! As per always :)
Kim @thefamilypractice recently posted..Chai Spice Pancakes

17 Brittany October 8, 2011 at 12:23 pm

I LOVE that creamer. I used to get fat free too until I noticed all the crazy ingredients and I stopped! I started using just some half & half and my vanilla liquid stevia. Sometimes if I want a treat I will get that vanilla natural creamer and use a splash too. So yummy! I’ve never tried the sweet butter cream though.

18 Liz @ Tip Top Shape October 8, 2011 at 12:29 pm

I drink my coffee with milk–but absolutely no sugar. One day I decided to treat myself with some sugar in my coffee and I ended up throwing it out! I do like flavored creamers, though. Hazelnut will forever be my favorite.
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Straight-From-Heaven Sugar Cookies

19 Katy October 8, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Oh those cupcakes! Mouth watering…
Katy recently posted..Physical Therapist Assistant

20 Molly October 8, 2011 at 12:32 pm

i like my coffee with honey!

Either with some milk and honey orrrr just black with some honey. so good!
Molly recently posted..Two birds with one stone

21 Faith @ For the Health of It October 8, 2011 at 12:39 pm

I prefer my coffee black. It’s a calorie/sugar economics deal for me – if I drink my coffee black (which is really tasty to me), I can have more cookies or snacks later! Win-win!
Faith @ For the Health of It recently posted..It’s All in the Details

22 Renee October 8, 2011 at 12:55 pm

I love these new creamers I have been using them for a while now, and I usually like my coffee strong and BLACK.

23 Liz @ Something To Chew On October 8, 2011 at 1:05 pm

I’m a coffee drinker – if I make it in my Keurig, I drink it black because I make it flavored (either Vanilla Cupcake or Cinnamon Pastry…both amazing), but if I pick up a cup to get through a work day slump, I usually grab it with a little bit milk.
Liz @ Something To Chew On recently posted..The Time I Went Swimming In Guacamole….

24 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life October 8, 2011 at 1:08 pm

I take my coffee with skim milk and no sugar, but I do enjoy flavored creamer on occasion. My favorite is the caramel macchiato flavor.

My boyfriend on the other hand is not a coffee drinker because the caffeine makes him jittery, but he has no problem with energy drinks, which I always found strange.

25 Lindsay Loves Veggies October 8, 2011 at 1:32 pm

My dog likes to dive bomb photos like that! He’s probably smaller than Cody, so it’s even easier for him!

I used to be a coffee drinker, but I really prefer tea, and when I read about how acidic it is, and how it affects your body, I decided to switch for good. Now I just have a full-blown chai addiction! :)
Lindsay Loves Veggies recently posted..Natural Food Love

26 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 8, 2011 at 1:33 pm

I love coffee & drink a cup everyday! I add 2 Splendas + some creamer; I like things sweet! :-)
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..When do you Rest?

27 Laura @ Unchartered 20s October 8, 2011 at 1:52 pm

I’m sorry, I just cannot get behind the idea of mixing cereals! I think i’m slightly ocd. Just slightly ;)

I’m a new coffee drinker! I never liked it b/c it would bother my stomach, but I would always take the hit around autumn to enjoy a pumpkin spice latte! Well, after a while, it just seemed to stop bothering my stomach. I usually put a ton of milk (1 or 2%) in it tho, so it’s latte-ish.
Laura @ Unchartered 20s recently posted..Weekly Roundup

28 Pamela October 8, 2011 at 2:14 pm

This is a good question for me – I love my coffee! :) For as long as I have been drinking coffee, I still use some sugar and a splash of creamer. My favorite right now is Keurig pumpkin spice coffee with a little bit of vanilla creamer! At Starbucks, I add a splenda to my Soy Cafe Misto (1/2 coffee 1/2 soy milk). Very good!
Pamela recently posted..Instagram Beach Day

29 Shana October 8, 2011 at 2:15 pm

I also used to be addicted to fat-free creamers and gave them up for the same reasons. I also figured that since I love creamy coffee, and was using probably 1/4 cup or more, I should just switch to soy milk and make lattes that provide a bit of protein. So glad I did. Those fat-free creamers are scary!
Shana recently posted..There’s an ap(ple) for that.

30 Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews October 8, 2011 at 2:19 pm

I’m really glad that you reviewed these creamers because I’ve been dying to know if they are any good or not!
Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews recently posted..Total Fitness DVDs: Jackie Warner Giveaway

31 Jess @ Jess Go Bananas October 8, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Kashi always makes the best cereal! So crunchy! <3
Jess @ Jess Go Bananas recently posted..Baby It’s Cold Outside + Recap of Week Without Dairy

32 Kristen @ notsodomesticated October 8, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Interesting review! I typically prefer using just a little low-fat milk in my coffee … not because of calories of anything, I just prefer the taste. But I might actually like that creamer because it doesn’t have all the artificial flavors!!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..An explanation and “Whatcha Reading.”

33 erica October 8, 2011 at 3:24 pm

i LOVE my coffee! i usually just put a splash of skim milk (although i’ll treat myself to creamer every once in awhile) and a packet of truvia.

now i’m interested in this natural creamer! :)

good luck on the cupcake bake!
erica recently posted..condo progress: blinds!

34 Mallory @ It's Only Life October 8, 2011 at 3:28 pm

those cupcakes look awesome! you are seriously talented!

the creamers sound really good. i drink my coffee (hazelnut!) with half&half, and truvia. for me, skim milk or even regular milk tastes too watery in it and doesn’t give it the creaminess i like. i figure if i’m drinking it with truvia and cutting back on the sugar, I can afford the extra fat from half&half or cream.
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..My Birthday Recap

35 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats October 8, 2011 at 6:05 pm

I like my coffee with a bit of vanilla soymilk and NuNaturals Vanilla Stevia drops! :) Lately I haven’t really been craving it much though. Hot tea has been sounding much more appealing the last few mornings!
Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..Four Things Friday

36 Lindsey October 8, 2011 at 7:39 pm

I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk and then vanilla syrup or stevia :) I have the cinnamon creamer too :)
Lindsey recently posted..Foodie Friday!

37 Katie @ Plates and Paste October 8, 2011 at 8:46 pm

I’m a tea person :) I can’t take much caffeine and I also don’t like the taste of coffee.
Katie @ Plates and Paste recently posted..Race for the Cure

38 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries October 9, 2011 at 9:47 am

This is great! I’ve been looking for a creamer that is more natural, because you’re right, the regular/non fat varieties have a bunch of strange, suspicious ingredients in them.

I usually take my coffee with some vanilla soy milk and just a little bit of sweetener. Mmmm perfect.
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..One Year Ago Today…

39 Claire October 9, 2011 at 11:03 am

I agree with the skim milk with creamer!!
Claire recently posted..Halloween Past: Costume Inspiration

40 Allie {teaspoon of LIFE} October 10, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Ahh! I have so many cat-sniffing-the-lens pictures it’s sick haha!
I don’t drink coffee because it requires too many flavors and creamers and sugars to make me enjoy it haha. I do love the smell, and coffee ice cream though :)
Allie {teaspoon of LIFE} recently posted..Nail Biter

41 Samantha October 10, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Is the sweet cream one the “plainest” of them all? I usually buy flavored coffee – right now pumpkin (of course) but usually french vanilla, and I use fat free plain coffee mate, but was thinking of giving it up for the same reason as you – the ingredients list is alarming!
Samantha recently posted..All Sorts of Good Stuff

42 Courtney October 10, 2011 at 10:10 pm

Well, I haven’t had the vanilla yet, so I can’t comment on that one, but between the sweet cream and the caramel, I’d say that the sweet cream just adds a nice touch of sweetness