Congrats Josh & Erika!

by Courtney on October 9, 2011

I just love weddings!

Yesterday evening, our friends Josh & Erika officially tied the knot…and had one heck of a party!

The evening started off with a beautiful outdoor ceremony which, honestly, could not have been held on a more perfect night.

It’s not often that you get a nice weather day in the beginning of October in upstate NY, but it was warm, sunny, and just awesome.

Congratulations, Josh & Erika!! Smile

Once the ceremony was over, we were invited inside for an extended cocktail hour. I mingled and chatted with some other friends of ours and snacked on some amazing hors d’oeuvres.

I also drank some wine because, I mean, it was cocktail hour. Winking smile

Eventually, guess who came around…Jay! He dresses up pretty nice, doesn’t he? Winking smile

Since he was in the wedding, I hadn’t really gotten a chance to talk much to him, so I was super excited when he came walking in.

IMG_8817IMG_8819

I was also thrilled to see my friend Chrissy, who I didn’t realize was even going to be there…awesome surprise!

Before heading in to the main ballroom, I made sure to grab our table number card and check out some more of the scenery. I absolutely loved all of the fall-themed décor; I know Erika worked really hard on a lot of it and she did an amazing job.

IMG_8785IMG_8787

As soon as I headed into the ballroom, I was on a mission to find one thing and luckily, I found it no problem…

My cupcakes!!

Would you believe that I didn’t even end up having one? I was so busy bustin’ a move on the dance floor all evening that I never even thought to go grab one. But hey, I’m pretty sure I know what they taste like, and everyone else said they were great so that’s all that mattered!

Just as soon as I finished snapping cupcake photos, it was time to get the party started!

Congrats to Mr. & Mrs. Shepard!

My friend Danielle and I somehow managed to get Erika’s bouquet to hold while she was dancing so we felt special. Winking smile

Eventually, it was time to eat, and thank goodness it was because I was starving. And I may have been enjoying my wine…just sayin’.

The favors for the night were mini apple ciders from a local apple orchard, which came tucked into an adorable little fall-themed coozie. Such a great idea!

IMG_8834IMG_8835

To start, we were served an amazing salad topped with dried cranberries, walnuts, and a raspberry vinaigrette dressing.

For dinner, I ordered the chicken, which came served with a delicious, sweet, cranberry stuffing. I had actually totally forgotten what I ordered (that always happens to me), so it was a nice little surprise when it showed up in front of me. Winking smile

Throughout dinner, shenanigans ensued…

IMG_8886IMG_8877

And then continued out onto the dance floor for the remainder of the evening.

IMG_8911IMG_8907

Jay and I were bustin’ a move and could not be stopped!

Such a fun night!

Congrats again, you two! Open-mouthed smile

*****

This morning, I woke up craving some grease (‘nuff said?) so Jay and I ended up scooting out to Panera to grab some breakfast sandwiches.

I went with a bacon, egg white, and cheese on a plain bagel which was super tasty. I’d never had a breakfast sandwich from there before, but I was really impressed with seeing them actually cracking the egg whites to make my sandwich totally fresh.

I actually wasn’t craving a coffee this morning so I went with their Tropical Hibiscus(?) iced tea. Deeeeelish!

Now Jay and I are spending the afternoon laying low, catching up on some housework, and watching some football, which sounds absolutely perfect right about now.

Question for the Afternoon:

If you’re married: What season did you get married in? Did you incorporate it into the theme of your wedding?

If you’re not yet married: Do you have a season you think you’d like to get married in? Will you incorporate the theme?

1 Khushboo October 9, 2011 at 1:08 pm

A) I LOVE your dress
B) The cupcakes look worth the 11 pm bakin’ on Friday night
C) The fall touches at the wedding are super cute
D) Eggs should be mandatory in at least one meal every Sunday

That’s all…oh and

E) Have a great day :-)
Khushboo recently posted..High 5′s

2 Kristin Mac October 9, 2011 at 1:08 pm

Oh my gosh your hair color looks so pretty! I absolutely love it! And the wedding looks like it was the perfect, the apple ciders in coozies are too cute. I’m glad your cupcakes were a total hit as well!
Kristin Mac recently posted..Dragon Soop & Wobbly Music

3 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign October 9, 2011 at 1:09 pm

Aw, those little apple ciders are such a cute idea!

I’m having a fall themed wedding as well–next Saturday is the big day!
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Prep, Pumpkin Muffins, & Instant Iced Coffee

4 Sana October 9, 2011 at 1:18 pm

My bf wants us to get to married in the fall, so that the weather is cool and that my make-up does not wash off and I don’t get all sweaty. Bahahahaha he is redic!
Sana recently posted..Day: 8 A Bad Habit

5 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles October 9, 2011 at 1:31 pm

What a beautiful wedding- looks like there was a personal touch everywhere you turned. :) Cute!
…The husband and I got married in the summer and BOY of boy was it HOOOOOT! About 108* on our wedding day- hot for the 19th of June. We didn’t do much summery things just tried to keep it in mind when it came to attire for the wedding party. Everyone was hot. Wouldn’t change a thing though!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..I can’t wait!!!

6 Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews October 9, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Who would think that an October wedding would be so warm! That’s awesome. What a beautiful wedding!
Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews recently posted..Gluten Free Macaroni and Cheese with Melt Butter

7 Bianca @A Healthy Gourmet Lifestyle October 9, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Even though my boyfriend and I are not even engaged, we still know when we want to get married. He is scheduled to graduate Fall 2013 and we want to get married January 26, 2014, three days before our four year dating anniversary. We probably wouldn’t incorporate the season though. However I just realized yesterday I could have a teaching job and it wouldn’t be practical to get married in the middle of the school year.
Bianca @A Healthy Gourmet Lifestyle recently posted..Where I Want To Be

8 Lauren October 9, 2011 at 1:48 pm

I love the fall-themed wedding but I always saw myself getting married in Spring… Decisions, decisions. Oh well, looks like I have A LOT of time to think about it at this point! Haha.

Your cupcakes! Again, totally jealous of your skills.

And I love, “I was craving some grease (nuff said)” ;-) That definitely made me laugh. I’m glad you had an awesome time at the wedding! Congrats to your friends!
Lauren recently posted..“… He’s totally good at making out”.

9 Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy October 9, 2011 at 1:54 pm

Oh my goshhh! I am loving the fall themed wedding ! The programs and cupcakes everything are amazing!
Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy recently posted..It is a beautiful day!

10 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries October 9, 2011 at 2:04 pm

We got married in August – which we quickly found out isn’t a real season! It’s like the end of summer and not yet fall – so no, it wasn’t incorporated into our theme :) But it was a beautiful day! And so was your friend’s wedding! I LOVE the fall theme. Fall’s my favorite :)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..A Perfect Fall Day

11 Jess@atasteofconfidence October 9, 2011 at 2:10 pm

This weather has been amazing…so lucky! Im hoping to have a fall wedding..the colors are just beautiful:)
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..finding a balance: dealing with food guilt

12 Ashlee October 9, 2011 at 2:19 pm

What a beautiful day for a wedding yesterday here in upstate NY. I got married this past spring and had lots of daisies for decorations and the colors were blue and yellow. We tried to get spring in there as much as we could. I would have loved to get married this time of year but I did not want to wait any long ;)

Good Job with the cupcakes! I had cupcakes at my wedding and everyone loved them. I love the idea of cupcakes and your’s turned out looking great!
Ashlee recently posted..I Love Fall

13 Mallory @ It's Only Life October 9, 2011 at 2:36 pm

you look gorgeous! your cupcakes look wonderful too…so professional. youre very talented!

id love to get married in october; it’s my favorite month and season.
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..My Birthday Recap

14 Amanda October 9, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Well my boyfriend and I want to get married sometime in December in a few years… we live in Ohio so were hoping for snow! We both think it would be b-e-a-u-tiful!
Also, where in the world is your dress from??!! I LOVE IT and I want it!!!! You look so pretty!

15 Courtney October 9, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Thank you! I actually just got it from TJ Maxx! :)

16 Nicole October 9, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Cupcakes look great, nice job! I got married in the fall too, my anniversary is next week, actually :) Love those fall colors and the crisp (but still warm) fall air!

17 Brittany October 9, 2011 at 3:55 pm

Ahh I love weddings, so much fun! I absolutely LOVE your dress. It is super cute!!! I really like the idea of the fall, but I’m not sure yet. Definitely in the cooler temps I’d want my wedding. I have a ways to go though so I’m not too worried about it now :)
Brittany recently posted..Movie Outing

18 Ruthie Hart October 9, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Courtney I LOVE the picture of you and Jay about 1/4 the way down the page. Could you be ANY more gorgeous (I have hair envy). You guys are such a beautiful couple. And I love seeing my hubby in a suit or tux too! All dressed up
Ruthie Hart recently posted..Tortilla and Black Bean Pie

19 Courtney October 9, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Haha, Ruthie you are too sweet! Thank you :)

20 erica October 9, 2011 at 4:17 pm

i just got married labor day weekend! i think ideally i would;ve wanted a summer wedding… :)
erica recently posted..condo progress: blinds!

21 Rachel October 9, 2011 at 4:58 pm

I love your dress!! So cute!

We got married in November and did incorporate a few fall details. Our color palette was inspired by peacock feathers. I love those colors anyway and the deeper tones seemed more “fall” to me. And we had a few little touches because of the cooler weather, like setting out wraps for the women to use if they got chilly (we had an outdoor ceremony also).

22 Tara Deal October 9, 2011 at 5:03 pm

How fun! The wedding looked amazing, the decorations were perfect and your cupcakes looked adorable! :)
Tara Deal recently posted..When the Parents Want to Stay Out

23 Maria@La_Piattini October 9, 2011 at 5:12 pm

Your cupcakes look beautiful! I love the Fall themed wedding- I wish I could have our wedding in the Fall b/c it’s my fav but since I’m a teacher we’re doing next summer. The apple cider favor is sooo cute!
Maria@La_Piattini recently posted..Pumpkin Perfection

24 Holly October 9, 2011 at 5:14 pm

I LOVE her wedding decor!! I would of totally gotten married in the fall, except that’s it’s football season & I would of never been able to have a wedding during that time. I swear my husband would of been sitting in front of a tv watching games, rather than remembering that he needed to walk down the aisle ;) & I didn’t want to have to plan our anniversary each year around football games…because that’s definitely what would of happened!
I’ve always been kind of iffy about having brown as a main color, but her wedding totally proves me wrong- it looks FANTASTIC! The bridesmaids & the groomsmen look great.
I LOVE your outfit too!! You should do a fashion post on it- would love to know where you got your dress, if you don’t mind sharing.
The cupcakes turned out great! & I love the favors- what a cute idea :) Watching the Jets right now- thinking of you guys :)
Holly recently posted..Weather Ruined The Plans

25 Courtney October 9, 2011 at 9:18 pm

I’ll definitely fill ya in on the dress info! :)
And it sounds like your man is quite the football fan, haha!!

Ughh, how about those Jets? They just keep letting me down…

26 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries October 9, 2011 at 5:17 pm

You looked so pretty – I love your dress!

We actually got married a year ago today! It was perfect for Arizona weather – not too hot, not too cold. We had our wedding outside, and we didn’t make it too “fall-ish” but my flowers were a dark red paired with cream and orange, so it was somewhat seasonal.
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..One Year Ago Today…

27 Courtney October 9, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Awww, happy anniversary, Ashley!!!

28 Candice October 9, 2011 at 6:04 pm

Looks like a blast! and your cupcakes look divine!
Brent and I got married in February! It was freezing! who would of thunk this summer girl would get married in the dead winter.. but I did and it was perfect. The weather didn’t matter. But it was the week before valentines and the prices of flowers was INSANE. and my main flower? a red rose.. Lets just say they were a pretty penny;)
Candice recently posted..Pumpkin Waffle Sunday

29 Courtney October 9, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Oh my gosh, I can only imagine…yikes!

30 Cute~Ella October 9, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Although we have plans to get married, we don’t really have plans for an actual wedding. Right now, we have tossed around the ideas of having an icecream social, a surprise wedding and Vegas. Right now, the surprise wedding is winning.
Cute~Ella recently posted..Friday Fill-In

31 Courtney October 9, 2011 at 9:16 pm

They all sound so fun!!

32 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 9, 2011 at 7:44 pm

This looks like it was a beautiful wedding & your friend Erika did a great job with the fall theme!

I was just married this past August, but we didn’t really go with a summer theme!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Sunday

33 Amanda October 9, 2011 at 7:49 pm

you look beautiful, i love the dress too! looks like a gorgeous wedding! :)
Amanda recently posted..TGIF

34 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen October 9, 2011 at 9:05 pm

I love panera’s breakfast sandwiches. We were at a wedding in PA last weekend and actually ended up at Panera the morning after before hitting the road home. This was a much better wedding weekend! It was 50 degrees, damp and raining the entire wedding last week and it was outside. I was a bridesmaid with a no sleeve dress and I don’t think I’ve ever been more chilled to the bone!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Pumpkin protein pancakes

35 Courtney October 9, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Oh my gosh, just hearing you say that makes me chilly! Brrrr!!

36 Nicole October 9, 2011 at 10:39 pm

LOVE the cupcakes and can’t wait to try all your frostings!

Looking at the “Shenanigans” picture….what did Jay order for dinner? Looks like a Fred Flintstone slab o’ beef!!

Congrats to the happy couple! (Oh, and Josh & Erika, too! ;) )

37 Kelly October 10, 2011 at 7:52 am

I got married in the spring and I didn’t do anything really themed but I did use seasonal flowers and such.
Kelly recently posted..let me tell you a story

38 Hope October 10, 2011 at 8:31 am

Such a beautiful wedding! I love all of the fall details. You can tell the bride spent a lot of time organizing everything. Your cupcakes look great too! :) Congrats to your friends!
Hope recently posted..A Weekend In Review & Feeling Confused…

39 Mila @ loftyappetite October 10, 2011 at 8:35 am

You can’t post such a great dress and not tell us where it’s from?? It’s so perfect for a fall wedding! Please do tell!
Mila @ loftyappetite recently posted..October Birchbox

40 Julie October 10, 2011 at 8:39 am

I love your dress!!! Looks like the perfect mix of cute and comfortable…perfect for dancing the night away. :)

41 Laura @ Unchartered 20s October 10, 2011 at 11:15 am

Your cupcakes look amazing!! I got married last September 19th, but i went with the autumn theme. I love all the colors!!
Laura @ Unchartered 20s recently posted..Weekly Roundup

42 Lindsay Loves Veggies October 10, 2011 at 1:43 pm

My dream is to get married outdoors in summer. There’s just something I love about outdoor weddings, and since I live in Washington, it would be raining in any other season I could choose!
Lindsay Loves Veggies recently posted..Pumpkin Green Smoothie

43 Shelley October 10, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Hi! I know this is totally random, but what kind of make up do you use? Your face is flawless! So pretty! :)

44 Courtney October 10, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Thank you, Shelley!
Here is a link to a vlog that I did a few months ago that shows all of the make up I do in my routine: http://www.sweettoothsweetlife.com/2011/05/18/my-very-first-vlog/

45 Carissa October 10, 2011 at 5:58 pm

Their wedding decor looks very similar to what we used for our fall wedding. We had the leaves on all the tables and my flower girl dropped real leaves instead of flowers.

When I saw your hubby’s name on the placecard I laughed because my best friend’s hubby is Mr. Jason Harhen…kinda close???? :)
Carissa recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday v.15.0- Celebration Dinner

46 Courtney October 10, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Hahaha, that’s too funny!

47 Danica @ It's Progression Not Perfection October 10, 2011 at 11:06 pm

I’m planning my wedding right now for the beginning of June…our colors are silver (chiffon dresses) and sangria (a light and shiny purple), together they look very springy, classic, and formal–so excited! :)
Danica @ It’s Progression Not Perfection recently posted..Workouts 10/2 – 10/8

48 Katy @ HaveYouHurd October 11, 2011 at 2:57 pm

I was married in the Fall – I LOVE FALL WEDDINGS! My one year wedding anniversary is coming up on October 23rd! When choosing my colors I knew I wanted Navy (my fave color) but the Fall helped me decide my second color –> orange. Sounds weird, but it worked nicely. I loved having my wedding in the Fall because the weather was nice, but it wasn’t too hot! This wedding looks BEAUTIFUL!
Katy @ HaveYouHurd recently posted..Obsession: HALLOWEEN!