Congrats Josh & Erika!

I just love weddings!

Yesterday evening, our friends Josh & Erika officially tied the knot…and had one heck of a party!

The evening started off with a beautiful outdoor ceremony which, honestly, could not have been held on a more perfect night.

It’s not often that you get a nice weather day in the beginning of October in upstate NY, but it was warm, sunny, and just awesome.

Congratulations, Josh & Erika!! Smile

Once the ceremony was over, we were invited inside for an extended cocktail hour. I mingled and chatted with some other friends of ours and snacked on some amazing hors d’oeuvres.

I also drank some wine because, I mean, it was cocktail hour. Winking smile

Eventually, guess who came around…Jay! He dresses up pretty nice, doesn’t he? Winking smile

Since he was in the wedding, I hadn’t really gotten a chance to talk much to him, so I was super excited when he came walking in.

IMG_8817IMG_8819

I was also thrilled to see my friend Chrissy, who I didn’t realize was even going to be there…awesome surprise!

Before heading in to the main ballroom, I made sure to grab our table number card and check out some more of the scenery. I absolutely loved all of the fall-themed décor; I know Erika worked really hard on a lot of it and she did an amazing job.

IMG_8785IMG_8787

As soon as I headed into the ballroom, I was on a mission to find one thing and luckily, I found it no problem…

My cupcakes!!

Would you believe that I didn’t even end up having one? I was so busy bustin’ a move on the dance floor all evening that I never even thought to go grab one. But hey, I’m pretty sure I know what they taste like, and everyone else said they were great so that’s all that mattered!

Just as soon as I finished snapping cupcake photos, it was time to get the party started!

Congrats to Mr. & Mrs. Shepard!

My friend Danielle and I somehow managed to get Erika’s bouquet to hold while she was dancing so we felt special. Winking smile

Eventually, it was time to eat, and thank goodness it was because I was starving. And I may have been enjoying my wine…just sayin’.

The favors for the night were mini apple ciders from a local apple orchard, which came tucked into an adorable little fall-themed coozie. Such a great idea!

IMG_8834IMG_8835

To start, we were served an amazing salad topped with dried cranberries, walnuts, and a raspberry vinaigrette dressing.

For dinner, I ordered the chicken, which came served with a delicious, sweet, cranberry stuffing. I had actually totally forgotten what I ordered (that always happens to me), so it was a nice little surprise when it showed up in front of me. Winking smile

Throughout dinner, shenanigans ensued…

IMG_8886IMG_8877

And then continued out onto the dance floor for the remainder of the evening.

IMG_8911IMG_8907

Jay and I were bustin’ a move and could not be stopped!

Such a fun night!

Congrats again, you two! Open-mouthed smile

*****

This morning, I woke up craving some grease (‘nuff said?) so Jay and I ended up scooting out to Panera to grab some breakfast sandwiches.

I went with a bacon, egg white, and cheese on a plain bagel which was super tasty. I’d never had a breakfast sandwich from there before, but I was really impressed with seeing them actually cracking the egg whites to make my sandwich totally fresh.

I actually wasn’t craving a coffee this morning so I went with their Tropical Hibiscus(?) iced tea. Deeeeelish!

Now Jay and I are spending the afternoon laying low, catching up on some housework, and watching some football, which sounds absolutely perfect right about now.

Question for the Afternoon:

If you’re married: What season did you get married in? Did you incorporate it into the theme of your wedding?

If you’re not yet married: Do you have a season you think you’d like to get married in? Will you incorporate the theme?

Comments

A) I LOVE your dress
    B) The cupcakes look worth the 11 pm bakin’ on Friday night
    C) The fall touches at the wedding are super cute
    D) Eggs should be mandatory in at least one meal every Sunday

That’s all…oh and

E) Have a great day :-)
    Khushboo recently posted..High 5′s

What a beautiful wedding- looks like there was a personal touch everywhere you turned. :) Cute!
    …The husband and I got married in the summer and BOY of boy was it HOOOOOT! About 108* on our wedding day- hot for the 19th of June. We didn’t do much summery things just tried to keep it in mind when it came to attire for the wedding party. Everyone was hot. Wouldn’t change a thing though!
    Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..I can’t wait!!!

Even though my boyfriend and I are not even engaged, we still know when we want to get married. He is scheduled to graduate Fall 2013 and we want to get married January 26, 2014, three days before our four year dating anniversary. We probably wouldn’t incorporate the season though. However I just realized yesterday I could have a teaching job and it wouldn’t be practical to get married in the middle of the school year.
    Bianca @A Healthy Gourmet Lifestyle recently posted..Where I Want To Be

I love the fall-themed wedding but I always saw myself getting married in Spring… Decisions, decisions. Oh well, looks like I have A LOT of time to think about it at this point! Haha.

Your cupcakes! Again, totally jealous of your skills.

And I love, “I was craving some grease (nuff said)” ;-) That definitely made me laugh. I’m glad you had an awesome time at the wedding! Congrats to your friends!
    Lauren recently posted..“… He’s totally good at making out”.

We got married in August – which we quickly found out isn’t a real season! It’s like the end of summer and not yet fall – so no, it wasn’t incorporated into our theme :) But it was a beautiful day! And so was your friend’s wedding! I LOVE the fall theme. Fall’s my favorite :)
    Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..A Perfect Fall Day

What a beautiful day for a wedding yesterday here in upstate NY. I got married this past spring and had lots of daisies for decorations and the colors were blue and yellow. We tried to get spring in there as much as we could. I would have loved to get married this time of year but I did not want to wait any long ;)

Good Job with the cupcakes! I had cupcakes at my wedding and everyone loved them. I love the idea of cupcakes and your’s turned out looking great!
    Ashlee recently posted..I Love Fall

7. Amanda says

Well my boyfriend and I want to get married sometime in December in a few years… we live in Ohio so were hoping for snow! We both think it would be b-e-a-u-tiful!
    Also, where in the world is your dress from??!! I LOVE IT and I want it!!!! You look so pretty!

8. Nicole says

Cupcakes look great, nice job! I got married in the fall too, my anniversary is next week, actually :) Love those fall colors and the crisp (but still warm) fall air!

Ahh I love weddings, so much fun! I absolutely LOVE your dress. It is super cute!!! I really like the idea of the fall, but I’m not sure yet. Definitely in the cooler temps I’d want my wedding. I have a ways to go though so I’m not too worried about it now :)
    Brittany recently posted..Movie Outing

10. Rachel says

I love your dress!! So cute!

We got married in November and did incorporate a few fall details. Our color palette was inspired by peacock feathers. I love those colors anyway and the deeper tones seemed more “fall” to me. And we had a few little touches because of the cooler weather, like setting out wraps for the women to use if they got chilly (we had an outdoor ceremony also).

I LOVE her wedding decor!! I would of totally gotten married in the fall, except that’s it’s football season & I would of never been able to have a wedding during that time. I swear my husband would of been sitting in front of a tv watching games, rather than remembering that he needed to walk down the aisle ;) & I didn’t want to have to plan our anniversary each year around football games…because that’s definitely what would of happened!
    I’ve always been kind of iffy about having brown as a main color, but her wedding totally proves me wrong- it looks FANTASTIC! The bridesmaids & the groomsmen look great.
    I LOVE your outfit too!! You should do a fashion post on it- would love to know where you got your dress, if you don’t mind sharing.
    The cupcakes turned out great! & I love the favors- what a cute idea :) Watching the Jets right now- thinking of you guys :)
    Holly recently posted..Weather Ruined The Plans

• Courtney says

I’ll definitely fill ya in on the dress info! :)
      And it sounds like your man is quite the football fan, haha!!

Ughh, how about those Jets? They just keep letting me down…

You looked so pretty – I love your dress!

We actually got married a year ago today! It was perfect for Arizona weather – not too hot, not too cold. We had our wedding outside, and we didn’t make it too “fall-ish” but my flowers were a dark red paired with cream and orange, so it was somewhat seasonal.
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..One Year Ago Today…

Looks like a blast! and your cupcakes look divine!
    Brent and I got married in February! It was freezing! who would of thunk this summer girl would get married in the dead winter.. but I did and it was perfect. The weather didn’t matter. But it was the week before valentines and the prices of flowers was INSANE. and my main flower? a red rose.. Lets just say they were a pretty penny;)
    Candice recently posted..Pumpkin Waffle Sunday

Although we have plans to get married, we don’t really have plans for an actual wedding. Right now, we have tossed around the ideas of having an icecream social, a surprise wedding and Vegas. Right now, the surprise wedding is winning.
    Cute~Ella recently posted..Friday Fill-In

I love panera’s breakfast sandwiches. We were at a wedding in PA last weekend and actually ended up at Panera the morning after before hitting the road home. This was a much better wedding weekend! It was 50 degrees, damp and raining the entire wedding last week and it was outside. I was a bridesmaid with a no sleeve dress and I don’t think I’ve ever been more chilled to the bone!
    Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Pumpkin protein pancakes

16. Nicole says

LOVE the cupcakes and can’t wait to try all your frostings!

Looking at the “Shenanigans” picture….what did Jay order for dinner? Looks like a Fred Flintstone slab o’ beef!!

Congrats to the happy couple! (Oh, and Josh & Erika, too! ;) )

I was married in the Fall – I LOVE FALL WEDDINGS! My one year wedding anniversary is coming up on October 23rd! When choosing my colors I knew I wanted Navy (my fave color) but the Fall helped me decide my second color –> orange. Sounds weird, but it worked nicely. I loved having my wedding in the Fall because the weather was nice, but it wasn’t too hot! This wedding looks BEAUTIFUL!
    Katy @ HaveYouHurd recently posted..Obsession: HALLOWEEN!

Trackbacks