No Freezing Cold Hands

by Courtney on October 10, 2011

Per your request, here are the details from this weekend’s wedding attire!

Dress: Taylor (purchased at TJ Maxx)

Shoes: Style & Co. (from Macy’s)

Handsome Arm Candy: Jay Horan Winking smile

*****

I’ve been busy with a bunch of things all morning and afternoon, so an actual sit-down lunch has not been in the cards. Rather, I’ve been breaking things up here and there to keep me full and fueled.

First up, a Strawberry Almond smoothie – in my new Tervis Tumbler!

Tervis Tumbler

I received this Tervis tumbler last week through the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program and decided to give it a go today. I’ve long had my eye on these in the stores, so I was psyched to finally have one of my own to try out. Tervis tumblers are awesome because:

• They are basically indestructible
  • They come with a lifetime guarantee
  • They keep cold drinks cold and hot drinks hot
  • Double-wall insulation keeps away annoying condensation rings (<—the worst!)

I was able to enjoy my smoothie today without the usual freezing cold hands like I usually get, which was great. And also, even though it was in a cup and not a bowl, you best believe that I still ate this baby with a spoon!

A little while later I also ended up snacking on some baby carrots and hommus, as well as one of my muffins I baked up last night.

I’m still not totally sold on them, so I’ve still got to work out a few things before I share. Hopefully soon!

Alrighty folks, time to get back to work.; even though Monday’s are technically now my day off from work, I’m trying to use them wisely and get a lot of other blog and house stuff accomplished.

Catch ya later tonight with a yummy dinner! Smile

Question for the Afternoon:

Have you ever tried out/owned a Tervis tumbler? What do you think?

1 Khushboo October 10, 2011 at 1:42 pm

I drink my smoothies out of a similar cup- so much nicer than drinking out of a regular glass!
Khushboo recently posted..Winner Winner, Brinner for Dinner!

2 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 10, 2011 at 1:42 pm

I haven’t ever used a Tervis tumbler, but I have some tumblers for my iced drinks. The one I have always gets condensation!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..could it be corn?

3 Kathryn October 10, 2011 at 1:47 pm

I haven’t heard of Tervis. I do have a tumbler, it’s got the double wall so no condensation/hot hands/cold hands. I got mine from a local coffee shop. My son managed to snap my straw in half and I can’t find a replacement, which is bumming me out.

4 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life October 10, 2011 at 1:48 pm

I got the same tumbler and I love it! I have a similar tumbler from Starbucks that I got for iced coffee, but the Tervis blows it out of the water. I think I’m going to order a top and straw for mine so I can take it on the go.
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Last Glimpse of Summer

5 Hope October 10, 2011 at 1:50 pm

I just got that Tervis tumbler too! I cannot wait to try it out. It seems like it’s going to be great. I cannot stand when cups leave condenstation rings on my desk at work. So I’m happy to see that this Tervis tumbler doesn’t do that! :)
Hope recently posted..A Weekend In Review & Feeling Confused…

6 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill October 10, 2011 at 1:51 pm

I own several Tervis tumblers…love them!! And I agree, condensation rings are the worst! When I use a Tervis tumbler, my mom doesn’t have to nag me to use a coaster. ;)
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..$3,000 Laying Around

7 kathleen @ the daily crumb October 10, 2011 at 2:10 pm

i just found your blog this afternoon and am loving it! super cute dress :)
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..new site!

8 Danielle October 10, 2011 at 2:20 pm

I love my Tervis tumbler so much that I went and got a second one! One for my iced coffee and one for my water at work! I’m obsessed with them. :)
Danielle recently posted..A Dish to Keep Up with My Taste Buds!

9 Katherine @ The Kats Meow October 10, 2011 at 2:26 pm

I love my tumbler!! This summer I finally got one and then two more because they were on sale and its nice to be able to drink anything in them!! I hate when cups sweat on the outside
Katherine @ The Kats Meow recently posted..HARRY POTTER CASTLE

10 Molly October 10, 2011 at 2:47 pm

I love tervis tumblers!! They are so nice because the glass doesn’t sweat and get water everywhere!
Molly recently posted..Two birds with one stone

11 Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled October 10, 2011 at 3:41 pm

The Trevis tumblers are awesome. I just bought one for my husband with is alma mater mascot (Fresno Bulldogs!) on it and he loves it. They’re so expensive, but it’s totally worth it for the lifetime warranty.
Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled recently posted..Halloween Costumes – Sexy or Silly?

12 Ruthie Hart October 10, 2011 at 3:50 pm

TERVIS!!!!!!! I am so glad the Tervs are getting some face time on your blog!! I grew up watching my grandparents use them and my parents and now my hubby and I have started our collection! It is crazy to see how much the company has grown…now there are whole aisles at Bed Bath and Beyond dedicated to Tervis’. Right now we only have 3…Cleveland Browns, Texas A&M and a “Don’t Mess With Texas” one. I think I will get a breast cancer one this month!
Ruthie Hart recently posted..Pumpkin enchiladas

13 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen October 10, 2011 at 3:58 pm

I’m waiting for my tervis tumbler to arrive. To say I’m excited is an understatement! I always look at them in the store and never buy it. Psyched to test it out :)
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Philadelphia half marathon training: week 4

14 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 10, 2011 at 4:20 pm

My sister got me a “Bride” Tervis tumbler at my bridal shower & I <3 it!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Sunday

15 Allie {teaspoon of LIFE} October 10, 2011 at 4:27 pm

I have read about Tervis all over. I want to get a bunch for us. In the meantime, I’m getting my brother-in-law some for Christmas. And we’ll see how indestructible they really are if they survive him and their puppy.
Allie {teaspoon of LIFE} recently posted..Nail Biter

16 Marie October 10, 2011 at 4:31 pm

I have a Tervis Tumbler and love it! I only use it for smoothies, though. I love your dress from the wedding; you always look so nice in everything! The muffin looks delicious and healthy? ;) Can’t wait to see the recipe!

17 Shayla @ The Good Life October 10, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Yes! I love Tervis Tumblers! Mine has a black and red floral design on it and I got it at Bed Bath & Beyond…it’s made carting my smoothies around so much easier, and just like you, I most definitely still eat them with a spoon too ;)
Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Friday Lovin’

18 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries October 10, 2011 at 4:48 pm

That’s pretty much all we own/drink out of. I collect them! :)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..A Perfect Fall Day

19 Kristen @ notsodomesticated October 10, 2011 at 4:56 pm

I’ve tried them and like them, but I’ve never purchased one for myself. :)

And super cute dress, by the way!! I need you to go to TJ Maxx with me … I’m horrible at finding things in that store!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Pumpkin Whoopie Pies

20 Maria@La_Piattini October 10, 2011 at 4:59 pm

That muffin looks great! Hope you post the recipe soon. Oh and thanks for the reminder- I need to add hummus to my grocery list!
Maria@La_Piattini recently posted..Apple Adventures

21 Kim @thefamilypractice October 10, 2011 at 5:01 pm

cute dress!
Kim @thefamilypractice recently posted..Pumpkin Butter Waffles

22 Katelyn@ Foodie Goes to School October 10, 2011 at 6:57 pm

All of your smoothies sound SO good! But I don’t have any protein powder or xanthum gum. Anything you would recommend to give it an extra boost/thicken it up?
Katelyn@ Foodie Goes to School recently posted..rain, caramel apples, and 32 minutes

23 Courtney October 10, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Maybe try using more frozen bananas? I also will just add good ‘ol fashioned ice cubes if I need to! :)

24 Amanda October 10, 2011 at 7:25 pm

working at dell we get tervis tumblers ALL the time through vendors who put their name on it….. i love it!! i also hate condensation rings and that happens a lot when you have a cup of water on your desk at work for 8 hrs! ha! you will love it! xoxo
Amanda recently posted..Life Made Lovely Monday

25 Molly Carter October 10, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Tervis Tumblers are all the rage in the South (the factory is located in South Florida)! We have at least 20 in our cabinet, including a set that we received for our wedding that say “The Carters”. Love them!
Molly Carter recently posted..Sweet Baby Gifts

26 Courtney October 10, 2011 at 10:10 pm

Really?!? That’s fantastic!

27 Julie October 10, 2011 at 10:11 pm

I love that your dress if from T.J. Maxx…I swear I find the best stuff there. I’m totally a “maxxinista,” haha.

28 Courtney October 10, 2011 at 10:51 pm

Hahaha, me too! :)

29 Katie @ Plates and Paste October 10, 2011 at 11:02 pm

Yes! Tee is tumblers are big in FL and they are th best.
Katie @ Plates and Paste recently posted..Salad Galore

30 Brittany @ Life of a Bama Girl October 10, 2011 at 11:53 pm

I have a Tervis tumbler and I love it! I also have a lid for it. It is my favorite cup. I use it for hot and cold drinks. So far it has been indestructible. I definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a good cup. I only own 2 right now because they are a little pricey for a cup but totally worth it.
Brittany @ Life of a Bama Girl recently posted..Pumpkin Banana Bread with Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Spread

31 JN October 11, 2011 at 10:24 am

I love my Tervis tumblers! My aunt and uncle live about 10 minutes from the outlet store in Osprey, FL and I always end up buying one or two new ones when I visit.

32 Mac October 11, 2011 at 3:47 pm

I just received one last week too and will being a review shortly! Love mine too, but for some reason I was expecting a cover lol, still love it though :)