Mal’s Easy Chili Recipe

by Courtney on October 11, 2011

So guess what? Jay and I are having leftovers tonight from last night’s dinner. As delicious as it is, I’m sure you guys probably don’t care to hear me rave about it two nights in a row…

But never fear! I have a guest post for you all tonight from a very, VERY special person who is giving you all her very, VERY delicious chili recipe. Oh yes my friends, tonight’s guest post comes from my amazing friend, Mallory, who I coerced into writing a guest post for you all with her fantastic chili recipe. She’s a funny one, so I really think you’re going to enjoy not only the long-awaited chili recipe, but her fun post, too! Enjoy!

*****

Greetings Sweet Tooth Sweet Life readers!

My name is Mallory and if you are an avid reader of Courtney’s blog, then you may have seen my name, and face, appear here many, many times.

(From Courtney- hey, what can I say? I love my Mal!)

It is pretty safe to say that I share Courtney’s love for all things fall (hello, pumpkin coffee addiction!) and live for Football Sundays spent with great friends. As a die hard NY Giants fan I usually need those friends, a hefty dose of seasonal beer, and a combination of sweet and savory snacks to make it through the stressful games.

With the change in seasons, and the arrival of football, my go to recipe for fall gatherings has been a big ‘ole pot of chili.

When Courtney first asked me if I would be willing to guest post my chili recipe I was excited but also a little nervous. This was mostly due to the fact that the name of this recipe is “Easy Chili” so once I share it with you, the perception of me as “Chili Master” will go out the window.

Some of my friends will argue that it is the way I make it that truly makes this chili the best but trust me, it is just too easy for that to be true. If you follow the recipe, I promise that you too will be dubbed “Chili Master” of your household.

Happy slow cooking…and remember GO GIANTS!

I want to give a big THANK YOU shout out to Mal for providing us all with her amazing chili recipe! Isn’t she the best?!? Well, except for that whole “Go Giants” thing… Winking smile

1 TheBloggersBrother October 11, 2011 at 6:54 pm

BEANS ARE GROSS

2 EG Gal October 11, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you….to you AND Mal for posting this so quickly! I’m so glad I suggested she do a guest post with this recipe because I’m always looking for an awesome and easy chili recipe. I can’t wait to try it this weekend. You guys are the best!

3 Sweet and Savvy October 11, 2011 at 7:10 pm

Well no matter how easy this may be… I still think this makes you quite a chili master! Thanks sooo much for sharing this Awesomeness! I will Have to try it out. :)

Just curious.. have you ever tried it with other meats besides lean ground beef? Turkey sausage crumbles sound like they may work here too!

Great post, once again, Thanks!:)
Sweet and Savvy recently posted..Tuesday’s Tangents

4 Mallory October 11, 2011 at 8:45 pm

I have never strayed from the posted recipe but I have thought about trying it before. I definitely think that it could work well with ground turkey or turkey sausage, with the other ingredients in the chili I tend to think that the ground beef takes a back seat to everything else anyway so it might be nice to try some new combinations : )

5 Kristen @ notsodomesticated October 11, 2011 at 7:51 pm

I really love chili, so this is right up my alley! Thanks for the idea!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Pumpkin Whoopie Pies

6 Trainer Kjirsten @ Balanced Healthy Life October 11, 2011 at 7:55 pm

That chili in a bread bowl looks so amazing! I’ve been ignoring my husband’s requests to have chili, but this may have just won me over to make it for him! It looks fab!!!
Trainer Kjirsten @ Balanced Healthy Life recently posted..Amazing Health-ified Pumpkin Bread Recipe

7 Courtney October 11, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Yum! This really does look easy and delicious. Quick question–how many servings are in this recipe?

8 Mallory October 11, 2011 at 8:43 pm

The recipe should make 10-12 servings. I usually do 1 cup as a serving.

9 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 11, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Love this! I’m always excited to see a new slow cooker recipe!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Taco Tuesday

10 Shayla @ The Good Life October 11, 2011 at 8:39 pm

She’s definitely the best for posting this, thanks Mallory!!

I just made chili last night and although it was good, it could have used more veggies and would have been glorious to have been cooking in the slow cooker while I was at work and looky here, I now have a recipe for just that…thanks so much!! :)
Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Chandon Hornblower Cruise & Fleet Week Fun

11 Danica @ It's Progression Not Perfection October 11, 2011 at 11:21 pm

This looks delicious!! I love chili and soup recipes that can just be cooked in the slow cooker. Thanks for sharing, Mallory!
Danica @ It’s Progression Not Perfection recently posted..Workouts 10/2 – 10/8

12 Khushboo October 12, 2011 at 12:39 am

Thank you for this Mal, it looks yum–> easy or not you’re still the chilli master :-)!
Khushboo recently posted..Ralk my world

13 Hope October 12, 2011 at 8:46 am

This chili looks absolutely delicious! I love that you can make it in the crockpot. I think it’s such a good idea to serve the chili in breadbowls! I’m definitely saving this recipe. :)
Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: Macy’s Sip & Scan Event…

14 kristen October 12, 2011 at 1:51 pm

this looks amazing mal! My dad would LOVE this!

15 Bonnie October 16, 2011 at 8:22 pm

This looks so good! Where can I get the Bush’s chili starter? Thanks!

16 Courtney October 16, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Hmmm, I’m not sure? My guess would be that Mal gets hers either at Price Chopper or Hannaford.

17 Samantha October 17, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Mmm that sounds delicious! I’ll have to try it!
Samantha recently posted..And We Have a Winner…