Secret Fashion Steals

by Courtney on October 13, 2011

You guys really know how to make a girl feel better. I can’t believe how many of you were doing the same thing as I was last night. See? We’re all emotional nutjobs every now and then!

So anyways, I know it’s a little early for Fashion Friday, but this morning I was watching Good Morning America (post-tears) and they had a Fall Fashion segment on that I just had to share with you.

ABC News Contributor Tory Johnson shared 10 Fall Fashion “Secret Steals,” and while some of them were a little strange (check out the faux fur hats and you’ll know what I’m talking about), some of them were pretty awesome.

One of the items featured in the segment was called Bootights. I had never heard of these before but I was immediately intrigued.

source

According to the website,

Bootights® is the first tight designed specifically for boots. Bootights® are a premium tight with a performance sock attached so your legs look amazing and your feet feel great all day long.

Basically, they’re socks + tights combined into one, which is absolutely genius to me. I am totally one of those people who will wear socks with tights and boots in an attempt to keep my always-cold feet warm, and just to provide a little extra comfort.

source

They even come in a few different colors and textures.

Bootights

The price is a little steep, starting at $30.00, BUT…

For today only, you can get them at 50% off by using the promo code “GMA.”

I’m currently considering, but I don’t know. What do you guys think? Is it something you would invest in, or just stick with plain ‘ol tights and socks?

If you want in on some of the other awesome steals and bargains from sites like Stella & Dot, Tasting Room, and däv Rain Boots, make sure to check out the GMA page for all the deets.

I just love sharing a bargain. Smile

1 Khushboo October 13, 2011 at 1:35 pm

As long as they keep me warm, I’d buy a pair! I normally wear my tights, socks, and boots yet stil complain about being too cold!
Khushboo recently posted..Brown Paper Bag is baaack!

2 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life October 13, 2011 at 1:39 pm

That’s a pretty cool idea, but for the price I could buy a ton of sock and tights combos at Target. I’d give it a shot with the 50% off code, but I’m always weary of buying stuff like this because if I love it I know I’ll be able to rationalize to myself that it’s okay to buy more at full price. Am I the only one who does that?
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Cold Weather Comfort Food

3 Sarah October 13, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Personally, i wouldn’t go for it, because i’m fine with regular tights… but if you like ‘em, get ‘em! Oh, and there was this awesome article in the Wall Street Journal today, Thursdays being their fashion day, about women who recreate 100,000 dollar runway outfits for under $40! They are DIYers and they do it with regular household items: scissors, ruler, measuring tape etc.! Any one can do it and i’m thinking of trying it. Not only outfits, but jewelry too. These women recreate Prada, Chanel, you name it! And they don’t sell this stuff, but show you how to do it on your own- check out this site- http://psimadethis.com/. Sorry for the lengthy comment but thought you would enjoy :)

4 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries October 13, 2011 at 1:42 pm

This really is a genius idea – I like it! However, I think I’d like it MORE if they weren’t quite so pricey. I think I’ll stick to the tights + socks thing until I find some that are cheaper or I just have an abundant amount of money to spend. ;)
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Lovin’ the Love

5 Hope October 13, 2011 at 1:43 pm

I think it’s a neat idea and concept. Although, I’m like you, I’ll wear tights and socks over them if I am wearing boots for extra comfort and warmth. I don’t know if I would spend $30 on just one pair. Think of all of the socks and tights you can buy for $30.
Hope recently posted..Undone Stuffed Pepper Casserole…

6 Kim @ The Family Practice October 13, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Ha! I think I’ll stick to wearing tights with socks on top :( I’m a cheap skate. Also, I think I have a thing about things pre-combined – like that peanut butter that already has jelly in it – its just wierd, even though we’re gonna have pb&j any way. Maybe that is a random comparison? LOL
I will however, check out the Stella&Dot deal!
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Sugarless Pumpkin Pie

7 Diana October 13, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Waiiittt, this is genius! The only socks I have that are thin enough to comfortably fit underneath most of my boots have Santa faces all over them…not that there’s anything wrong with that, but in certain situations it is nice to know you can take your boots off without looking like a 5 year old.
Diana recently posted..Who is that?!

8 Prathiba October 13, 2011 at 2:07 pm

bootights= genius! i would get them. they seem a little thin but oh so sleek. prolly better for the fall than for full on winter.
Prathiba recently posted..Today Is A New Day

9 RunEatRepeat October 13, 2011 at 2:24 pm

I hate cold feet, but normally just wear socks over tights if I have boots on.
RunEatRepeat recently posted..New Shirt New Shoes New Service

10 Mandee @ Mandeelicious October 13, 2011 at 3:01 pm

i was just talking about those faux fur spirit hoods!!! this girl i know, who is much younger so she could pull it off, was saying she wanted one of them but didn’t know what it was or where to get. i was like spirit hoods! i’ve seen them all over the place this past year!!! the kardashians were wearing them on an episode of their show, along with ke$ha in some of her photo shoots and a few other celebs. I get emails from singer22 dot com, and they featured them a lot last winter.
Mandee @ Mandeelicious recently posted..Coconutty 94th!

11 Mandee @ Mandeelicious October 13, 2011 at 3:03 pm

oh and i’d stick with socks + tights. with my luck, i’d rip those tights the first time i put them on! and then cry because that price is pretty steep.
Mandee @ Mandeelicious recently posted..Coconutty 94th!

12 Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled October 13, 2011 at 3:14 pm

It’s a really cool idea, but I think I’ll stick with tights and socks. If the tights get a hole in them, then at least I’d still have the socks. That wouldn’t be the case with these. Although, I do think it’s a good idea!
Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled recently posted..Movie Remakes – A Do or Don’t?

13 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles October 13, 2011 at 3:15 pm

HAHA! Those faux fur hats- yikes! I’m glad you didn’t like those! –I saw this on GMA this morning too! :) Great minds think alike.
I’m a personal fan of the tasting room one! TOTALLY going to look into that!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..You’ve got mail!

14 Heather @ Girlyeverafter October 13, 2011 at 3:21 pm

This is one of those things that I’m kicking myself for not thinking of. I always were a sock with my tights so my feet don’t slip. Geez so easy!
Heather @ Girlyeverafter recently posted..Girly Things Thursday: Food for Your Skin

15 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 13, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Interesting idea! But I kind of agree with what you were getting at… I’m fine just wearing my own tights + socks & saving $30!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Peanut Chicken

16 Erica October 13, 2011 at 5:04 pm

i like that idea! :)
Erica recently posted..writer’s block

17 Liz @ Tip Top Shape October 13, 2011 at 5:06 pm

Those are such a great idea! I always have to put socks on, too, because my feet are constantly cold.
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Rainy Thursdays

18 Maria@La_Piattini October 13, 2011 at 6:02 pm

Those are pretty genius! I’m all about this GMA website right now- considering getting the Stella and Dot necklace!
Maria@La_Piattini recently posted..Jeans and Jewelry Girl’s Night

19 Danica @ It's Progression Not Perfection October 13, 2011 at 6:10 pm

I saw something like this at Target, only those were thicker material (think a warm sock) to wear with winter boots. It’s really not a bad idea!
Danica @ It’s Progression Not Perfection recently posted..I Found My Wedding Dress :)

20 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy October 13, 2011 at 6:28 pm

That’s kind of cool! I don’t know if it’s worth $30 (or $15) though :/.
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Pumpkin Dunkin’

21 Lauren October 13, 2011 at 7:21 pm

That is so funny because every time I wear my boots and tights, I put a pari of socks over the tights. I thought I was just a big dork. So happy that there is an actual product out there now.
Lauren recently posted..Perfectly Imperfect

22 Samantha October 17, 2011 at 4:35 pm

I wouldn’t buy those, I think they’d make my feet too hot! I’m one of those always warm people, so I skip the tights/pantyhose a lot even in the middle of winter!
Samantha recently posted..And We Have a Winner…