Secret Fashion Steals

You guys really know how to make a girl feel better. I can’t believe how many of you were doing the same thing as I was last night. See? We’re all emotional nutjobs every now and then!

So anyways, I know it’s a little early for Fashion Friday, but this morning I was watching Good Morning America (post-tears) and they had a Fall Fashion segment on that I just had to share with you.

ABC News Contributor Tory Johnson shared 10 Fall Fashion “Secret Steals,” and while some of them were a little strange (check out the faux fur hats and you’ll know what I’m talking about), some of them were pretty awesome.

One of the items featured in the segment was called Bootights. I had never heard of these before but I was immediately intrigued.

source

According to the website,

Bootights® is the first tight designed specifically for boots. Bootights® are a premium tight with a performance sock attached so your legs look amazing and your feet feel great all day long.

Basically, they’re socks + tights combined into one, which is absolutely genius to me. I am totally one of those people who will wear socks with tights and boots in an attempt to keep my always-cold feet warm, and just to provide a little extra comfort.

source

They even come in a few different colors and textures.

Bootights

The price is a little steep, starting at $30.00, BUT…

For today only, you can get them at 50% off by using the promo code “GMA.”

I’m currently considering, but I don’t know. What do you guys think? Is it something you would invest in, or just stick with plain ‘ol tights and socks?

If you want in on some of the other awesome steals and bargains from sites like Stella & Dot, Tasting Room, and däv Rain Boots, make sure to check out the GMA page for all the deets.

I just love sharing a bargain. Smile

Comments

That’s a pretty cool idea, but for the price I could buy a ton of sock and tights combos at Target. I’d give it a shot with the 50% off code, but I’m always weary of buying stuff like this because if I love it I know I’ll be able to rationalize to myself that it’s okay to buy more at full price. Am I the only one who does that?
    Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Cold Weather Comfort Food

2. Sarah says

Personally, i wouldn’t go for it, because i’m fine with regular tights… but if you like ‘em, get ‘em! Oh, and there was this awesome article in the Wall Street Journal today, Thursdays being their fashion day, about women who recreate 100,000 dollar runway outfits for under $40! They are DIYers and they do it with regular household items: scissors, ruler, measuring tape etc.! Any one can do it and i’m thinking of trying it. Not only outfits, but jewelry too. These women recreate Prada, Chanel, you name it! And they don’t sell this stuff, but show you how to do it on your own- check out this site- http://psimadethis.com/. Sorry for the lengthy comment but thought you would enjoy :)

I think it’s a neat idea and concept. Although, I’m like you, I’ll wear tights and socks over them if I am wearing boots for extra comfort and warmth. I don’t know if I would spend $30 on just one pair. Think of all of the socks and tights you can buy for $30.
    Hope recently posted..Undone Stuffed Pepper Casserole…

Ha! I think I’ll stick to wearing tights with socks on top :( I’m a cheap skate. Also, I think I have a thing about things pre-combined – like that peanut butter that already has jelly in it – its just wierd, even though we’re gonna have pb&j any way. Maybe that is a random comparison? LOL
    I will however, check out the Stella&Dot deal!
    Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Sugarless Pumpkin Pie

Waiiittt, this is genius! The only socks I have that are thin enough to comfortably fit underneath most of my boots have Santa faces all over them…not that there’s anything wrong with that, but in certain situations it is nice to know you can take your boots off without looking like a 5 year old.
    Diana recently posted..Who is that?!

i was just talking about those faux fur spirit hoods!!! this girl i know, who is much younger so she could pull it off, was saying she wanted one of them but didn’t know what it was or where to get. i was like spirit hoods! i’ve seen them all over the place this past year!!! the kardashians were wearing them on an episode of their show, along with ke$ha in some of her photo shoots and a few other celebs. I get emails from singer22 dot com, and they featured them a lot last winter.
    Mandee @ Mandeelicious recently posted..Coconutty 94th!