Celebrity?

Oh, hello fall. Where the heck did you come from?

Even though we have technically been in the fall season for the past few weeks, it hasn’t always seemed like it, thanks to some milder-than-normal temperatures. I also know for a fact that there were not this many leaves in our yard yesterday, and this just makes me cringe. Raking leaves is not exactly my favorite thing to do, but hey, I guess it comes with the territory, right?

Workout

This morning brought me to Day 25 of the 10lb. Slimdown Xtreme Challenge. I still can’t believe I’ve been doing this for almost a month already? Time sure does fly, doesn’t it? Only two more days left!

Today’s workout included a session of Xtreme Cardio Kickboxing + Recovery Lower Body.  Even though that lower body workout is technically a “recovery,” it still gets me every.single.time. Yowsahs.

Breakfast

I was having an internal battle all morning on whether I wanted sweet or savory. I’m almost always drawn to sweet, but there was something about savory that was just calling my name today.

I made somewhat of an egg white puff omelet, using my microwave egg cooker, which I loaded up with some fresh spinach, onions, diced tomatoes, salt and pepper.

I also added some fresh sliced tomatoes, a smear of The Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese, and a little more salt and pepper to an Arnold’s Honey Wheat Sandwich Thin.

My egg puff was pretty massive this morning, so it made for one large egg sandwich. But you know I’m not complaining. Winking smile

I’ve got a pretty busy Friday ahead of me, complete with a short day of work, followed by a fun wine tasting and pairing event this evening. I’m actually going to be participating in the event as a celebrity judge which really makes me laugh; I’m going to be judging along with some other people in the area who would definitely be considered more of a local “celebrity” than I would, and I’m sure most people are going to be like, ummm, who the heck is this girl? But ya know what? I’m sure it’s going to be a blast and I’m rolling with it! I’ll be sure to fill ya’ll in later.

But for now…gotta run! HAPPY FRIDAY! Open-mouthed smile

I also have a fun Fashion Friday post comin’ atcha this afternoon. Don’t miss it!

Questions for the Morning:

What was your breakfast today: sweet or savory?

Have you ever been a “judge” in any sort of event/competition?

What are your Friday night plans?

Comments

Sweet, Fitnessista breakfast cereal :) I usually go for sweet over savory but every once in awhile savory wins.
    I don’t think I have ever been a judge for anything!
    No plans yet! Gym after work and we will see from there :)
    Lindsey recently posted..Foodie Friday

2. Traci says

That egg sandwich looks delicious! Looks like the perfect breakfast for during the week when I’m short on time.

I haven’t had breakfast yet today. We get bagels every Friday at work, so I’m patiently waiting for them (shh), but it will be a multigrain bagel with a little veggie cream cheese and some coffee with Almond Joy creamer (savory). :)

Never been a judge in any event. And Friday plans –> after work, drive to my old college roommate’s place to celebrate her birthday!

That egg sandwich looks amazing!

I was one of a few judges at a local event where two chefs were competiting to see who had the best dish. It was pretty fun! Have a great time :)

I don’t really have any plans for tonight. I would like to relax and then do something fun.
    Hope recently posted..My New Favorite Smart Cup…

Looks like a yummy breakfast! I always crave sweet.. except for the weekends, where I crave savory! This morning was a bunch of random things thrown together which came in the form of a vanilla greek yogurt, a pear and a protein bar!

I had to judge a soccer skills competition one time for some young soccer players in the city! It was just good fun, I’m sure you’ll do fine!

And I am staying in tonight because we have a “wine fest” in our city this weekend which consists of spending 50 dollars (I got mine for free from a connection :) ) and with that you get a free bottle of wine, a taxi chit and 3 hours of taste testing thousands of different wines from around the world… I am going 1-4pm Saturday afternoon with my mom, so I need tonight to rest up for the big day tomorrow!

While I don’t think I’ve ever been a “judge” for any competitions, once I was the auctioneer at the Bachelor Auction in high school. I got to say things like, “Brendon is #6 on the football field, but #1 in your hearts! He makes good grades in his classes and chocolate chips in his pancakes, and would love to escort you to the Snow Ball in style in HIS MOM’S HONDA!!”

It was clearly the zenith of my public speaking career.
    Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Jimmy Johns Customer Appreciation Day!

My breakfast was sweet this morning – overnight oats with a banana and a blob of peanut butter. Yum! Your egg sandwich looks great! I love when you’re able to squeeze in veggies for breakfast. It’s a little harder to do than fruit in my opinion.

Do you plan on doing a recap/review of your workout challenge when it’s all finished? I’m curious what your thoughts are after finishing the entire thing, if you noticed any results/changes, and if you enjoyed it or not.

Sounds like you have a fun evening ahead of you! We are having a little “pumpkin carving party” with some of our friends. Lots of pumpkin goodies will be included! :)
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..What [Was] For Dinner: Thai Massaman Curry

I had a sweet breakfast this morning. I toasted two waffles and topped them with peanut butter and strawberries! It was yum! I challeneged myself to eat a different breakfast everyday of the week this week (I tend to get into breakfast ruts) and this one was probably my favorite of the week! :)
    Kelly recently posted..photo [flash back] friday

I’m too diplomatic to be a judge- I’d wanna make everyone a winner! I can’t believe a month has passed since you started this challenge- do u think you’ll continue/do it again? I don’t think I’ve woken up craving a savory breakfast at all this year..sweet all the way, even when hungover ;)!
    Khushboo recently posted..Brown Paper Bag is baaack!

That sounds like so much fun! Can’t wait to hear all about it. I’m usually a sweet girl but lately I have been all over eggs. Today I actually had OIAJ so I switched it up:)

My breakfast was sweet. I made Pumpkin Spice French Toast. So yummy!
    My plans for Friday are dinner with my boyfriend and a little shopping to spend the gift card I got for my birthday.

I’m jealous that fall has arrived by you. On the news last night they said that we are two weeks behind the usual leaving changing schedule. Once the leaves start changing here, my boyfriend and I are planning on having a fall picnic in central park.
    Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Cold Weather Comfort Food

My breakfast was sweet…but that I would totally have a savory breakfast if it included that egg sandwich! And that is so cool that you’ll be judging!! It sounds like you’ll have so much fun :). I’ve never been a judge for anything, and I’m not sure I’d be good at it haha…I would want everyone to win!
    Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Spreading the Love

12. Chelcie @ Chelcie's Food Files says

That breakfast sandwich looks yummy!! I literally have oatmeal every morning for breakfast but this morning I flew home to Boston so I had a egg mcmuffin from mcdonalds! Im not a fan of mcdonalds normally but it was actually pretty tasty!
    Chelcie @ Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..My kind of Bucket List

13. kyla says

Courtney, good job on the challenge so far!!! Did you lose any lbs? Or, notice a difference in your body?
    Just curious. Love your blog!

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts about the challenge on Monday!

And how fun you get to judge! I feel like the wonderful ladies in this blogging community are celebrities in their own way and I know if I got the chance to meet you all I’d blushing and very excited…yes I’m a cornball like that 😉

I love sweet breakfasts during the week and savory on the weekends so mine today was a pb and banana smoothie and a cereal combo bowl a la you!
    Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Variety is the “All Spice” in Life

That’s awesome! I used to work at the original starbucks and people would call to ask for “celebrity” fundraisers. I also had people ask for my signature on their napkin or drink sleeve – seriously people? I was just a barista lol
    At least you are actually “known”
    Hope the wine was good!
    Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Grandma’s Pie Crust

16. Holly says

I just made your stuffed spaghetti squash for dinner! And although it’s still in the oven, based on my (many!) bites I’ve already taken, I can tell it’s going to be one of my new favorite dinners! So that’s my Friday night plan. Oh yeah, and some wine :)