Top 4 Apple Recipes

by Courtney on October 15, 2011

Happy weekend, friends!

I think today has been one of the laziest days I’ve had in weeks…months, even. I am loving every.single.minute of it.

That being said, I took a little break from the photo snapping and spent pretty much my whole morning lounging in my PJ’s, catching up on the DVR, and just relaxing.

So I thought I’d switch things up a little bit this afternoon and share some of my favorite recipes involving a fall favorite of mine…apples!

I know many people have begun apple picking, and even though I have yet to pick any myself, I already know a couples of recipes that I’ll be using as soon as I do. Hopefully one of them will sound good to you too!

Courtney’s Apple Crisp

Chocolate Caramel Apple Cookies

Caramel Apple Cookies

Creamy Fruit Dip (perfect for dipping with apples!)

And of course, we can’t forget…

Apple Cider Cupcakes

Apple Cider Cupcakes

I suppose since it’s coming up to 1:30 I should probably shower and change outta my PJ’s? Especially since I have a fun night planned with some of my favorite people!

Hope you’re having just as great of a Saturday…relaxing or not! Smile

1 Carissa October 15, 2011 at 1:31 pm

I used to apple pick with my Grandfather..he had apple trees in his yard in Virginia. No apple picking here in Florida, but I love those recipes!
Carissa recently posted..Time to Detox

2 Lauren October 15, 2011 at 1:31 pm

I’m still in my PJs too! :P That’s what makes Saturdays so awesome. Thanks for sharing these recipes–I just went picking and have a TON of apples to use up!
Lauren recently posted..This Is Virginia

3 Hope October 15, 2011 at 1:33 pm

I’m still in my pj’s too! I gotta get a move on already. I am dying to try those cupcakes! They look absolutely delicious! :)
Hope recently posted..A Godiva Inspired Saturday Morning…

4 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 15, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Great recipes! I definitely want to try an apple crisp sometime soon!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Recipe Roundup, Part 2

5 Meg October 15, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Ahhh lovin all the apple!!!! I wish there was apple picking in CO! I made apple crisp last night but yours looks TDF!!!
Meg recently posted..Strive for progress, not perfection

6 Khushboo October 15, 2011 at 2:17 pm

SO glad I’m eating an apple as I read this post :)! I’m going through a phase of regularly cooking a huge batch of cinnamon-stewed apples and then refrigerating it. It tastes so freaking good with yogurt and granola (or a crumbled muffin if you have any on hand)!

7 Holly October 15, 2011 at 2:33 pm

YUM..I want that Apple Crisp RIGHT now. It’s calling my name ;)
I hope you continue to enjoy your RELAXING day- you deserve it! I think you guys should even get take out for dinner so that you can really just have a complete day off!!
Holly recently posted..Looking Forward To The Weekend

8 Courtney October 15, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Thanks, Holly!
We’re actually meeting up with friends later, so no take out for us tonight…but it will be just as fun! Hope you’re having a great day, too! :)

9 Brittany October 15, 2011 at 2:41 pm

I have never been apple picking unfortunately. But these recipes look awesome. Apples are one of my favorite fruits!

10 Chelcie of Chelcie's Food Files October 15, 2011 at 2:57 pm

mmm apple crisp and apple cookies! those look amazing! I really wanna try and bake the cookies with apple in them!
Chelcie of Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..Pictures from the Morning

11 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries October 15, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Mmm that fruit dip looks SO good!! I don’t know if I’ll get to apple picking this year, but there’s TONS of apples in the grocery stores, so I definitely am taking advantage of that.
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Pumpkin Carving Fun!

12 Claire October 15, 2011 at 3:48 pm

i just made those cupcakes last night! They are so deeeeelicious! great recipe!

13 Kristen @ notsodomesticated October 15, 2011 at 4:25 pm

I REALLY want to make that apple crisp! I have all of the ingredients in the house right now … except the apples haha! ;) Maybe I’ll just make the crisp part. :P
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Whatcha Reading Weekend #4

14 Courtney October 16, 2011 at 9:59 am

The crisp part is my favorite anyways ;)

15 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles October 15, 2011 at 5:49 pm

I’m going to have to check all of these out, the creamy fruit dip looks like it is perfect for this girl!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Mini Pumpkin Muffins > Regular Pumpkin Muffins

16 Astrid October 15, 2011 at 6:38 pm

I made your fruit dip for some friends this summer and we all loved it! As for apples, I made an apple cake about a week ago…heavenly!
Astrid recently posted..Apple Cake

17 Jess @ Jess Go Bananas October 15, 2011 at 6:40 pm

Lazy Saturdays beat Lazy Sudays’ butt! lol
Apples supply the best recipes…especially in the fall! :)
Jess @ Jess Go Bananas recently posted..Just Juice It

18 Yaara October 15, 2011 at 8:19 pm

OMG!! Courtney–I just read your caramel apple cookie recipe–I am drooooling!! Thanks–by the way for getting back to me–I e-mailed you about my foot injury. It’s getting a little better–I’ve been able to run on it a little and do a bit of kickboxing–here and there–but am trying to incorporate more swimming to let it heal. Have a great night!!

19 Courtney October 16, 2011 at 9:58 am

No problem, Yaara! Glad you’re feeling better :)

20 colleen laquay urbaniuk October 15, 2011 at 9:37 pm

had to check out your fruit dip recipe and gotta say, yeah it looks good. really good. my fruit dip is marshmallow creme mixed with cream cheese. it’s addicting so i rarely make it :(
colleen laquay urbaniuk recently posted..i used to have an eating disorder

21 Courtney October 16, 2011 at 9:59 am

Mmmmm, I have had that kind before and it’s VERY addicting!

22 Lena October 16, 2011 at 1:49 am

The pictures of all these baked goods is making me hungry in the middle of the night.
Lena recently posted..Pumped Up Kicks

23 kristen October 16, 2011 at 12:23 pm

love the fruit dip! I just printed it, and I am going to make it for my son this week- perfect after school snack!

24 Allison October 16, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Your apple crisp looks amazing! I’m going to try it out this week :)
Allison recently posted..LAS VEGAS

25 Kelly October 16, 2011 at 3:58 pm

WOW! That apple crisp stole the show for me!!! Delish!
Kelly recently posted..photo [flash back] friday

26 Brittany October 17, 2011 at 9:20 am

I made your cupcakes this weekend – they were delicious! :) The frosting ended up a little bit sweet, and I only had a white cake mix at home, so i sorta had to improvise… but still, super yummy :)