Jacks Turns One

by Courtney on October 16, 2011

This afternoon, Jay and I headed over to our friends’ Matt & Christina’s house to celebrate Jacks’ first birthday.

Jacks is seriously the cutest little guy, isn’t he??

We spent a good portion of the party chatting and catching up with our closest pals and attempting to plan our third annual Fall Festival. We’ve got it coming up in a couple weeks, and I’m super excited. It’s always a blast, and this year, we’ll even have some little ones to add to the festivities!

At the party this afternoon, I snacked on some cheese and crackers before making myself a plate for dinner.

Ziti, salad, bread & butter

There may or may not have also been some candy involved…

By the way, I don’t know what it is, but there is something about the orange York Peppermint Patties that I absolutely adore. They’re so festive!

Eventually, it was cake time for the birthday boy; errrr, should I say, cupcake time!

Not that I was at ALL surprised, but Christina did an absolutely amazing job on the birthday cupcakes for Jacks.

You’ve already seen how talented she is with basically everything, and I loved how she incorporated the “Jack-o-Lantern” theme into so much of Jacks’ birthday.

She even had mini Jack-O-Lanterns as the adult version of birthday goody bags! I made sure to snag the cute one up front with the pretty eyelashes. Winking smile

But not before I indulged in an amazing, homemade pumpkin spice cupcake. So, SO good!

Once Jacks finished up opening most of his presents, including this adorable little gift that our friends Sarah, Andrea, and Kanika put together, we hit the road and headed home.

I’ve got a busy day ahead of me tomorrow, including an early morning class at the gym- that’s right, it’s time to switch routines again! I’ll be sure to fill you all in my thoughts and opinions of the 10lb. Slimdown Challenge in the morning, but for now, it’s time for bed, folks!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. What were some of your highlights?!? Smile

1 Ellie@fitforthesoul October 16, 2011 at 9:08 pm

hahah omgshhh! Cute baby overload in here~And I’m intrigued by those patties, I love minty and chocolatey. But if it’s “pumpkin” theme, then it’s better.
Ellie@fitforthesoul recently posted..Divine Connections and Workout Murder

2 Meg October 16, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Those cupcakes are so cute!!!! And the pumpkin spice cupcakes sound soooo yummy!!! Jacks is really cute too!
Meg recently posted..All About The Uniforms

3 Emma @ Microcosm of Life October 16, 2011 at 9:11 pm

Oooh, is the orange York pattie still peppermint flavored?

That kid is a CUTIE. Little kids’ birthdays are so much fun! For kids and adults, haha.
Emma @ Microcosm of Life recently posted..A Magical Mystery Day

4 Courtney October 16, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Yes they are! :)

5 Tracy @ Tracy's Treats October 16, 2011 at 9:31 pm

What a cute birthday party! I love all the different jack-o-latern faces on the cupckaes! That peppermint patty sure threw me off. I thought it was pumpkin-flavored at first!
Tracy @ Tracy’s Treats recently posted..Fast and Fried Food Talk

6 Mallory @ It's Only Life October 16, 2011 at 10:43 pm

what a cute baby! i was just eating halloween-themed oreos last night and saying that for some reason the colored ones taste better. makes no sense at all, but in my mind they do! haha.

hmm highlights of the weekend? making cookies, eating cookies, and visiting a friend in Boston!
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies

7 Brittany October 16, 2011 at 11:07 pm

He is so adorable! I love those cupcakes. So festive and fun!
Brittany recently posted..A Day in Nature & Something Borrowed

8 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries October 16, 2011 at 11:26 pm

Jack is so adorable! And those pumpkins cupcakes are cute too. I had no idea there were orange filled York Peppermint patties!! Now I have another excuse to buy more candy. ;)
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Wedding Series: The Ceremony

9 Lindsay @ biking before bed October 16, 2011 at 11:37 pm

Orange filled York Peppermint Patties are on the top of my candy list too… alone with Orange Filled Oreos and Pumpkin Shaped Reeses.
Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..Live Widget Wrestling and Other Sunday Things

10 Jess@atasteofconfidence October 17, 2011 at 2:04 am

Love the cupcakes!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..butt glued to chair.

11 Jess @ Jess Go Bananas October 17, 2011 at 7:42 am

Aw he is so precious! As are those cupcakes! They look so easy but I bet they were really difficult!
Jess @ Jess Go Bananas recently posted..Back to Blendin’

12 Hope October 17, 2011 at 8:05 am

Aw! What a cute birthday party! Those cupcakes look great! I had no idea that Peppermint Patties were orange for Halloween. I must get some! They are one of my favorite :)
Hope recently posted..An Easy Chili Kind Of Night…

13 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 17, 2011 at 8:20 am

Such a fun theme! The cupcakes are too cute!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Fun Finds

14 Whitney October 17, 2011 at 9:23 am

Highlight of my weekend: Dancing my hiney off at a friend’s wedding!! :)