Frittata Fanatic

by Courtney on October 17, 2011

Last weekend, I made 101 cupcakes. Remember that? Oooo yes, that was fun!

Well even after the cupcakes were all said and done, my fridge was still left with a bunch of eggs.

Last week, I put a call out on Twitter asking for some ideas on what I should make with my abundance of eggs; I ended up with a bunch of ideas, but a frittata was what stood out to me most. I ended up receiving an email from Lindsey who shared one of her favorite Spinach Frittata recipes with me that sounded beyond delicious. I had never made a frittata, but I was determined to try…so tonight was the night!

I was actually surprised at just how easy it was to make. I’m pretty sure I’ll be making some more of these in the near future, and Jay and I both really love how tonight’s leftovers will work perfect as tomorrow’s breakfast. Smile

I ended up combining some veggies that I know Jay and I both love, and loosely worked off the original recipe that Lindsey gave me. She doesn’t have a source for it, so I’m going to just go ahead and give ya’ll my version!

The frittata was cooked perfectly, and the flavors of all the veggies, plus the goat cheese, were incredible. Jay actually commented on how good the frittata was, “especially with the ricotta cheese on top.” Woops. Sorry, babe. Forgot to tell ya it was goat cheese.

BUT, had I told him, and he would have been all over that with a “ewww that stuff is nasty, I’m not eating that” ordeal. Honestly, I didn’t even think to “warn” him ahead of time (I should have known better) but it all worked out in the end. Smile

I served my frittata portion with a lightly toasted Arnold’s Honey Wheat Sandwich Thin, topped with some light butter and raspberry jam.

I am now, officially, a frittata fanatic!

Gotta go try to squeeze in a little more studying before my JETS game comes on…hopefully they don’t embarrass me too much this week. Yikes.

Questions for the Evening:

Are you a frittata fan? What meal do you prefer them at? Any favorite frittata recipes to share?

1 Sweet and Savvy October 17, 2011 at 7:37 pm

I have never attempted making a fritata.. but this looks sooo yummy and easy!
Sweet and Savvy recently posted..Staying Healthy in College by the Spoonful of PB

2 Mallory @ It's Only Life October 17, 2011 at 7:57 pm

our dinners were identical tonight. yours looks great! i love how easy frittatas are! breakfast for dinner is so comforting.
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies

3 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen October 17, 2011 at 8:00 pm

I love frittatas, they are my go-to quick meal when I don’t have time for anything else. The last one I made was goat cheese + collard greens and it was delicious, but they’re so adaptable you can pretty much throw anything in there and as long as it includes cheese, it’s delicious to me!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Philadelphia half marathon training: week 5

4 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 17, 2011 at 8:08 pm

I love frittatas! This recipe looks awesome!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..They Didn’t “Go”

5 Hope October 17, 2011 at 8:19 pm

That frittata looks amazing! I’ve never made one before because I don’t have an oven-proof skillet. I need to get one though because this looks way too good to pass up!
Hope recently posted..An Easy Chili Kind Of Night…

6 Lindsay @ biking before bed October 17, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Looks delicious! Thanks for the frittata reminder. I am on an egg kick lately and this will spice things up. I remember making one once with mushrooms and chunks of bread. Frittata meets savory bread pudding.
Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..Live Midget Wrestling and Other Sunday Things

7 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill October 17, 2011 at 8:26 pm

I love frittatas! To make them even easier, I just pour the mixture into an oven-safe dish and bake them for as long as needed. So good! I also love to eat a piece for dinner then have leftovers for breakfast!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..20 Times a Lady

8 Trainer Kjirsten @ Balanced Healthy Life October 17, 2011 at 8:27 pm

I like eating frittatas for brunch over the weekend. I haven’t had one in a really long time though. You recipe sounds and looks delish! Glad you are using up all those eggs!

9 Courtney October 17, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Yes! They’re all gone now…WOOO!

10 Stacey October 17, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Frittatas Rick! I make a tummy sweet potatoe onion and spinach one! Always toppin my frittatas w salsa! Yum!

11 Lindsey October 17, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Courtney I love to read your blog, and you literally make me laugh out loud at some of the things you say. Thank you for putting a smile on my face :)
Today my laughter came from a type-o in your recipe. (I’m not one of those people who anxiously await a chance to tell the blogger where they messed up-I promise… this one was just too good not to point out :P)

I just love where you said “sprinkle globs of boat cheese over the top..” I know you meant goat cheese, but boat cheese made me smile :)

12 Courtney October 17, 2011 at 9:56 pm

LOL – Lindsey, your comment totally made me laugh out loud. I’m so glad, not only to have you reading the blog, but that you can find some comic relief in it as well. What can I say, I do what I can ;) (And I’m going to fix the “boat cheese” right now!)

13 Maria@La_Piattini October 17, 2011 at 9:04 pm

I <3 veggie frittatas! So easy to make for any time of day. Try pouring your batter into mini muffin tins- so cute and perfect to wrap up and bring to work!
Maria@La_Piattini recently posted..Ghostbusters

14 Lauren October 17, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Gosh I haven’t made a frittata in ages. I think this will have to be dinner one night this week.
Lauren recently posted..The Confession (When Working Out is Too Much): Part 1

15 Lindsey October 17, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Glad you guys liked it! I like your additions and changes I will try them next time. I love frittata’s for both brunch and supper.
I think the goat cheese and basil make this frittata.

16 Samantha October 17, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Mmmm yum. I could live off of your recipes, you have so many great ones!
Samantha recently posted..Amica Half Marathon Race Recap

17 Courtney October 17, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Thanks, Samantha!

18 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me October 17, 2011 at 10:11 pm

Mmm that looks delish! I’ve never had one. I don’t have a stove-top to oven pan. :( I really need to get one!
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..The Best Chili Ever

19 Brittany October 17, 2011 at 10:45 pm

I have actually never tried a fritatta! I definitely have been wanting to though. I’ll give yours a try :D

20 Chelcie of Chelcie's Food Files October 17, 2011 at 10:45 pm

I LOVE fritattas! My favorite combinations are mixed sauteed veggies and Goat cheese like you did! Goat cheese in my opinion is the best cheese to go in fritattas..but then again I’m kind of obsessed with it so I’m biased:)
Chelcie of Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..Fried Quinoa-A take on Fried Rice

21 Khushboo October 18, 2011 at 12:56 am

This looks SO yum! I love making frittatas, so easy and I always make enough to have leftovers- it’s great cold too! Next time, add diced sweet potato to it, so delicious and bulks it out even more!
Khushboo recently posted..Getting your priorities straight

22 Kelly October 18, 2011 at 7:36 am

I love fritattas because to me they taste like an omelet but are easier to cook. :)
Kelly recently posted..somebody pinch me

23 Jess @ Jess Go Bananas October 18, 2011 at 7:48 am

I tried making fritatta once…major major fail! I should have just called it an omelet! lol
Goat cheese tastes even more unbelievable when hot! love it! :D
Jess @ Jess Go Bananas recently posted..Dinner For Two

24 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life October 18, 2011 at 9:00 am

The fritatta looks great. I’ve been wanting to try something like that for a while but I don’t have a pan that can go from stove top to oven.

Your Jets finally won! ;)
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Don’t Drink the Paint Stripper

25 Courtney October 18, 2011 at 9:18 am

Who woulda thought, right?!? ;)

26 Olivia @oliviaeats October 18, 2011 at 9:26 am

I’ve never made a frittata before. I’m very tempted to now though :D
Olivia @oliviaeats recently posted..Slip ups

27 Andrea @ Andrea out loud! October 18, 2011 at 10:59 am

That looks good!! My mom is the frittata queen. I ate them so much when I was younger I think I got worn out on them so I have hardly eaten them as an adult but enjoy them every once in a while!! yum :)
Andrea @ Andrea out loud! recently posted..It’s Story Time

28 marissa October 18, 2011 at 11:40 am

YUM Love frittatas! That one looks delish

29 Pamela October 19, 2011 at 6:26 pm

That Frittata looks delicious! I love breakfast for dinner, so I should make that and bring leftovers to work! :)
Pamela recently posted..Stove-Top Macaroni & Cheese

30 Sarah February 7, 2014 at 2:42 pm

Love this recipe! My skillet wasn’t “oven-proof” so I had to make it in a glass dish, but it came out just as well! Had to cook it about double though. What’s your favorite oven-proof skillet?
Sarah recently posted..New Cookbook!

31 Courtney February 7, 2014 at 3:00 pm

Hmm, well this was a pot that was part of our cookware (calphalon) and it’s really good!