When We Hit The Lotto

by Courtney on October 18, 2011

Before diving head first into tonight’s dinner, I was greeted with three wonderful little words…

“Welcome to Moooooooe’s!”

After work today, Jay and I had to head over to my parents’ house for a couple quick things, so we figured that since it might be a little later to come home and cook dinner, it’d be a perfect night to use a Moe’s gift card that we’ve had lying around.

After the last time we visited Moe’s, some of you told me that you can order any burrito as a “streaker,” so that’s exactly what I did tonight…which is actually the same thing as their Chicken Rice Bowl, go figure. So I ordered said bowl, complete with:

• rice
  • chicken
  • black beans
  • sautéed peppers & onions (LOVE!)
  • tomato-corn salsa
  • cucumbers
  • lettuce
  • onions

It came with a boatload of chips and, of course, I got a side of guacamole.

You can’t pass up the guac!

As good as dinner was, there was something else at Moe’s tonight that totally grabbed my attention. I first saw one of these machines when Julie blogged about it, so I was absolutely stoked to see one here in our area. Check.out.this.soda.machine!

Since Jay is much more sensitive to caffeine than I am, we had to go with a caffeine-free option, so Sprite Zero it was. With so many flavor choices, however, we had to try more than one. Soda #1 was plain Sprite Zero + Cherry Sprite Zero…aka, a Shirley Temple. And it was incredible.

But then, we went back for soda #2 and I fell madly in love: Vanilla Sprite Zero + Orange Sprite Zero…aka, an Orange Creamsicle. That soda was off the HOOK, and no, I don’t usually use that phrase but for some reason, it just seemed appropriate.

Jay and I both said that whenever we hit the lotto (ha) we want one of these for our basement. BUT, we also want it to dispense alcohol too because I can only imagine what the orange creamsicle soda would taste like with a little whipped cream vodka, ahem…

Question for the Evening:

If you hit the lotto right this second, what’s the first thing you would do?

1 Sweet and Savvy October 18, 2011 at 7:59 pm

I want to try one of those machines! Shirley temples are the best! They were the only think I looked forward to when I went to weddings as a kid.
Sweet and Savvy recently posted..Time Flies When You’re… Having Fun?

2 Kathryn October 18, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Very first thing I would do would be to pay off our debt. After that, we’d design our own house, with my perfect kitchen! Of course, you’ve got the whole new car thing, and putting money away for college for the kids. After we’ve got all that out of the way, we’d take the kids for a trip around the world, visit the Faeroe Islands, Norway, Scottland…*sigh* I love to dream about it all. Huh, maybe we should actually start playing the lotto again, lol. That MIGHT increase our chances of winning, don’t ya think?

3 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles October 18, 2011 at 8:04 pm

NO WAY!!! Off the hook is totally right….. Your mention of whipped cream vodka totally put this over the top! When can I come over for a party?! You are a girl after my own heart! Yummy drinks like that are a must!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Rules to Live By… From the desk of Mrs. H

4 Courtney October 18, 2011 at 9:40 pm

You can come over as soon as I hit that lotto…or, I mean, you could come over before that since, you know, I probably won’t win the lotto. I just won’t have a soda machine ;)

5 Shelby October 18, 2011 at 8:04 pm

OK, I think I need to head to Moe’s just for that machine!
Shelby recently posted..Pumpkin Whoopie Pies – Gluten Free and Price Chopper Premiere Baking Class

6 Lauren October 18, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Okay, really weird coincidence. I used one of those soda machines for the first time tonight too! Except I got peach sprite zero. I almost got the vanilla so that’ll be for next time. :) Your flavor combos sound pretty fantastic too-I’ll have to remember those!
Lauren recently posted..NuNaturals Stevia Review

7 Courtney October 18, 2011 at 9:39 pm

They were amazing!!

8 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life October 18, 2011 at 8:46 pm

I would so get that machine! And a new house, car, do some traveling. You know, the usual stuff people say they would do if they hit the lotto.

I discovered whipped cream vodka at a friend’s party last year. It’s currently tied with Sweet Tea Vodka as my drinks of choice, although the Sweet Tea wins in the summer because it’s just like sipping on some iced tea with a kick
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Shopping and Cinnamon Buns

9 Courtney October 18, 2011 at 9:41 pm

That’s another favorite of mine, too! Definitely a perfect summer drink. YUM!

10 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries October 18, 2011 at 8:47 pm

I’ve never been to Moe’s, nor have I heard of it, so I’m assuming it’s an east coast place? It looks fantastic though! It seems to remind me of a Cafe Rio, which we have out here in Utah.

I have yet to find one of those soda machines! When I first saw it on Julie’s blog, I’ve been on the lookout, but still have yet to find one. The flavors you created sound so good!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Wedding Series: The Reception Part II

11 Courtney October 18, 2011 at 9:39 pm

Ohh I don’t know whether or not it’s an east coast thing? Either way, I’ve seen pics of your Cafe Rio out there, and I’m jealous!

12 Mallory @ It's Only Life October 18, 2011 at 9:00 pm

i was thinking of treating myself to moe’s for lunch tomorrow since i have to be at work early/stay late… i wonder if those machines are in all of their locations?! so excited to see!

13 Kristen @ notsodomesticated October 18, 2011 at 9:02 pm

I would pay off our student loan debt and then do some serious traveling! ;) Of course, I don’t play the lottery, so I guess this won’t be happening anytime soon haha!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Cheri’s Oatmeal Cookies

14 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen October 18, 2011 at 9:03 pm

I’ve had practice with this question and without a doubt it would be 1.Cleaning service 2. Personal Shopper now I just need to start playing the lotto so I can win ;)
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Chicken sausage enchilada spaghetti squash

15 Courtney October 18, 2011 at 9:36 pm

Cleaning service, no doubt about that one.

16 Samantha October 18, 2011 at 9:06 pm

The first thing I would do is pay off my credit card and student loan debt.

Then I would move to Chicago because I’ve always wanted to live there!
Samantha recently posted..Amica Half Marathon Race Recap

17 Courtney October 18, 2011 at 9:36 pm

I hear ya on those two!

18 Chelcie of Chelcie's Food Files October 18, 2011 at 9:13 pm

I need to get my hands on one of those machines. I don’t drink a lot of diet soda, but I am a sucker for sprite zero! Love it!
If I won the lotto right now I would..save the money to open up my own restaurant! (yes i’m crazy)..I would also buy myself a dog:)
Chelcie of Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..Turkey Burgers oozin with CHEESEE

19 Molly@hungryhungryrunner.com October 18, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Those soda machines are crazy! There’s one in the Cosi by my office. The first time I used it I was totally confused and there was a line of like five (inpatient) people behind me. :)
Molly@hungryhungryrunner.com recently posted..A Tale of Three Pumpkins

20 Courtney October 18, 2011 at 9:36 pm

Yeah, there was a little girl waiting behind me for a while. I didn’t feel bad ;)

21 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 18, 2011 at 9:28 pm

If I hit the lotto, I would buy a huge house to fill with tons of babies. There, I said it.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..a package of love

22 Courtney October 18, 2011 at 9:33 pm

Best comment EVER from you right there, Chels! :-D

23 Hope October 18, 2011 at 9:54 pm

That machine is so awesome!!!! I would have totally made a Shirley Temple too! :)

If I hit the lotto right now, I would pay off all of my student loans so I would be debt free. I think that would be such an amazing feeling.
Hope recently posted..Flowers To Brighten A Day…

24 Lindsay @ biking before bed October 18, 2011 at 10:07 pm

If I won the lotto, I would probably get a soft serve ice cream machine. I love using them in the weigh your own yogurt places. I always offer to make everyone’s:)
Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..Shop til you Drop

25 Brittany October 18, 2011 at 10:23 pm

I have never tried one of those machines because I don’t really like soda but that is awesomeee! I love getting burrito bowls instead of burritos!

26 April October 18, 2011 at 10:29 pm

Wow, that machine looks neato! I’m not really a fan of Moe’s but I want to go there just to check out that soda machine! My husband loves to eat there, so it wont take much convincing.

27 Erin Saxton-Jobin October 18, 2011 at 10:48 pm

I am jealous of all the fun pop flavors you have in the states. Canada is boring. I miss Cherry Coke.

28 Lindsey October 18, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Pay off my student loan!? haha. How lame is that! Then I would plan a family trip :)
Lindsey recently posted..Darn Good Eats

29 Lena @ Fit on the Rocks October 18, 2011 at 11:21 pm

Pinnacle whipped cream vodka is so yum…if you win the lotto, I’m sure you could very easily switch out a soda syrup case with said vodka ;) We don’t have a Moe’s here in CO (that I know of), so I usually hit up Chipotle, and my combo looks pretty much like yours. Yum…getting hungry just thinking about it…
Lena @ Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Watch Out Now

30 Brandy @ Let's Grab a Coffee October 18, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Whipped cream vodka and diet orange soda is incredible!!

They have birthday cake flavored vodka now too.

I don’t drink as much as I sound like I do, I swear!
Brandy @ Let’s Grab a Coffee recently posted..Well This Is Disappointing

31 Jess@atasteofconfidence October 19, 2011 at 12:05 am

I would drop out of school. Haha. not really. just a bad night! test tomorrow.
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..my first “cup of joe”

32 Khushboo October 19, 2011 at 12:51 am

That machine sounds amazing! If I won the lotto, I’d open a franchise of Pinkberry in my basement :)
Khushboo recently posted..How to get rich QUICK

33 erica October 19, 2011 at 3:25 am

i haven’t had a shirley temple in SO long! i loved that stuff when i was a kid!
erica recently posted..weekend recap: aulani to halekulani

34 Jess @ Jess Go Bananas October 19, 2011 at 7:30 am

If I hit the lotto I would book a trip to Hawaii ASAP!
Jess @ Jess Go Bananas recently posted..Mom’s Apple Loaf Cake

35 Kelly October 19, 2011 at 7:35 am

Buy a new car! I love my Honda Civic but think I would look adorable in a Mercedes. Ha!
Kelly recently posted..i don’t do halfway

36 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 19, 2011 at 8:05 am

I’ve never tried Moe’s even though there is one pretty close to me. Maybe I’ll check it out tonight since I’m on my own for dinner?! I’ll keep my fingers crossed they have one of those soda machines!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..10 Best Slimming Foods

37 Amanda October 19, 2011 at 8:56 am

I just had whipped cream vodka for the first time last week! That stuff is amazing!

38 Lindsay October 19, 2011 at 9:02 am

Which Moe’s is this, Courtney? I must locate this soda machine stat.

39 Courtney October 19, 2011 at 9:14 am

The one in East Greenbush

40 Lindsay October 19, 2011 at 9:14 am

ok thanks!

41 Ashlee October 19, 2011 at 9:11 am

We love Moe’s :) My husband came home last week and said a co-worker told him about the new soda machine and he wants to go try it soon.

If we won the lottery we would pay off his truck and our home. Then go buy a new Chevy Camaro as a fun purchase :)
Ashlee recently posted..Silly Animals

42 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer October 19, 2011 at 9:20 am

I’m dying for one of these in my area. I would probably drink so much pop, I’d be able to float. But it would be worth it.
Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer recently posted..Yay for Half Days!

43 Brigitt October 19, 2011 at 9:54 am

I didn’t know there were so many different flavors of sprite!! How does that machine work? Does it have different flavors for coke and other sodas too?
Brigitt recently posted..Apple and Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Sausage Risotto

44 e@thisnotedlife October 19, 2011 at 10:47 am

this is basically my favorite post ever of yours!! I’ve written this in my head about a million time because my husband and i go to Moe’s all.the.time. and the chicken bowl is my lunch/dinner of choice :) OH and just about a week ago i was saying to my husband “remember when we used to say off the hook” and he said “no, i’ve never said off the hook…” hehe glad to know it wasn’t just me ;)
e@thisnotedlife recently posted..freakin’ out, man

45 Becky @ Fit Chick on the Fly October 19, 2011 at 11:53 am

I think every restaurant should have those coke machines! What a genious idea!!
Becky @ Fit Chick on the Fly recently posted..Disney Trip – Post Race Recap

46 Yolie @ Practising Wellness October 19, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Oh my gosh, those machines look SO cool! I love sprite zero, it’s amazing, and having all those different combinations is way better than froyo, lol! :-P Or, at least, similar. ;-) Delicious. Vanilla + Cherry would be awesome. So many options! :-D xyx
Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..WIAW: Back to Front Breakfast

47 Shannon October 19, 2011 at 5:00 pm

If I hit the lotto, I’d go to New York City and shop away!

I love Moe’s- I have gone to the one in East Greenbush, but I haven’t seen that soda machine there before. It must be fairly new. Their cheese quesadillas are delicious- and you get a Frisbee with your meal if you order off the kids’ menu!

48 Maria@La_Piattini October 20, 2011 at 5:38 pm

Pay off my student loans! Gosh what a nerd I am hehe
Maria@La_Piattini recently posted..Current Obsessions: October