When We Hit The Lotto

Before diving head first into tonight’s dinner, I was greeted with three wonderful little words…

“Welcome to Moooooooe’s!”

After work today, Jay and I had to head over to my parents’ house for a couple quick things, so we figured that since it might be a little later to come home and cook dinner, it’d be a perfect night to use a Moe’s gift card that we’ve had lying around.

After the last time we visited Moe’s, some of you told me that you can order any burrito as a “streaker,” so that’s exactly what I did tonight…which is actually the same thing as their Chicken Rice Bowl, go figure. So I ordered said bowl, complete with:

• rice
  • chicken
  • black beans
  • sautéed peppers & onions (LOVE!)
  • tomato-corn salsa
  • cucumbers
  • lettuce
  • onions

It came with a boatload of chips and, of course, I got a side of guacamole.

You can’t pass up the guac!

As good as dinner was, there was something else at Moe’s tonight that totally grabbed my attention. I first saw one of these machines when Julie blogged about it, so I was absolutely stoked to see one here in our area. Check.out.this.soda.machine!

Since Jay is much more sensitive to caffeine than I am, we had to go with a caffeine-free option, so Sprite Zero it was. With so many flavor choices, however, we had to try more than one. Soda #1 was plain Sprite Zero + Cherry Sprite Zero…aka, a Shirley Temple. And it was incredible.

But then, we went back for soda #2 and I fell madly in love: Vanilla Sprite Zero + Orange Sprite Zero…aka, an Orange Creamsicle. That soda was off the HOOK, and no, I don’t usually use that phrase but for some reason, it just seemed appropriate.

Jay and I both said that whenever we hit the lotto (ha) we want one of these for our basement. BUT, we also want it to dispense alcohol too because I can only imagine what the orange creamsicle soda would taste like with a little whipped cream vodka, ahem…

Question for the Evening:

If you hit the lotto right this second, what’s the first thing you would do?

Comments

1. Kathryn says

Very first thing I would do would be to pay off our debt. After that, we’d design our own house, with my perfect kitchen! Of course, you’ve got the whole new car thing, and putting money away for college for the kids. After we’ve got all that out of the way, we’d take the kids for a trip around the world, visit the Faeroe Islands, Norway, Scottland…*sigh* I love to dream about it all. Huh, maybe we should actually start playing the lotto again, lol. That MIGHT increase our chances of winning, don’t ya think?

• Courtney says

You can come over as soon as I hit that lotto…or, I mean, you could come over before that since, you know, I probably won’t win the lotto. I just won’t have a soda machine ;)

Okay, really weird coincidence. I used one of those soda machines for the first time tonight too! Except I got peach sprite zero. I almost got the vanilla so that’ll be for next time. :) Your flavor combos sound pretty fantastic too-I’ll have to remember those!
    Lauren recently posted..NuNaturals Stevia Review

I would so get that machine! And a new house, car, do some traveling. You know, the usual stuff people say they would do if they hit the lotto.

I discovered whipped cream vodka at a friend’s party last year. It’s currently tied with Sweet Tea Vodka as my drinks of choice, although the Sweet Tea wins in the summer because it’s just like sipping on some iced tea with a kick
    Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Shopping and Cinnamon Buns

I’ve never been to Moe’s, nor have I heard of it, so I’m assuming it’s an east coast place? It looks fantastic though! It seems to remind me of a Cafe Rio, which we have out here in Utah.

I have yet to find one of those soda machines! When I first saw it on Julie’s blog, I’ve been on the lookout, but still have yet to find one. The flavors you created sound so good!
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Wedding Series: The Reception Part II

• Courtney says

Ohh I don’t know whether or not it’s an east coast thing? Either way, I’ve seen pics of your Cafe Rio out there, and I’m jealous!

5. April says

Wow, that machine looks neato! I’m not really a fan of Moe’s but I want to go there just to check out that soda machine! My husband loves to eat there, so it wont take much convincing.

Pinnacle whipped cream vodka is so yum…if you win the lotto, I’m sure you could very easily switch out a soda syrup case with said vodka ;) We don’t have a Moe’s here in CO (that I know of), so I usually hit up Chipotle, and my combo looks pretty much like yours. Yum…getting hungry just thinking about it…
    Lena @ Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Watch Out Now

We love Moe’s :) My husband came home last week and said a co-worker told him about the new soda machine and he wants to go try it soon.

If we won the lottery we would pay off his truck and our home. Then go buy a new Chevy Camaro as a fun purchase :)
    Ashlee recently posted..Silly Animals

this is basically my favorite post ever of yours!! I’ve written this in my head about a million time because my husband and i go to Moe’s all.the.time. and the chicken bowl is my lunch/dinner of choice :) OH and just about a week ago i was saying to my husband “remember when we used to say off the hook” and he said “no, i’ve never said off the hook…” hehe glad to know it wasn’t just me ;)
    e@thisnotedlife recently posted..freakin’ out, man

9. Shannon says

If I hit the lotto, I’d go to New York City and shop away!

I love Moe’s- I have gone to the one in East Greenbush, but I haven’t seen that soda machine there before. It must be fairly new. Their cheese quesadillas are delicious- and you get a Frisbee with your meal if you order off the kids’ menu!

Trackbacks