Recipe Archive: Cinnamon Chip Scones

Yesterday, I was going through some of my older recipes (on an empty stomach, which is never a good thing) and came across a few favorites of mine that I had totally forgotten about. The poor things…

One of them in particular really stood out immediately to me. It only got a small amount of face time here on the blog way back in February, and I really think that it deserves to be shared again. Think of this as the “recipe archives,” if you will?

This recipe for Cinnamon Chip Scones is an all-time favorite of mine.

They are perfect for making on a Sunday morning and having to snack on for the rest of the week ahead.

They’re actually versatile, too. Can’t find cinnamon chips (I find mine – Hershey’s brand – at Hannaford)? Try using butterscotch…or dark chocolate…or peanut butter. Heck, go crazy and try all three if you’re feelin’ spunky.

Either way, these scones are just awesome, so if you’re looking for a perfect brunch, breakfast, or dessert idea, try giving these a shot!

Happy Baking Smile

Comments

• Courtney says

I’m usually not a scone person either because I don’t like the dryness, but these are so moist and delicious!

This makes me sad because I would honestly love to make cinnamon chip scones….but I have looked everywhere for cinnamon chips and I can never find them! Not even during Christmas was baking is in full swing? Oh well….I’ll have to remember when I’m traveling to keep an eye out since obviously they sell them somewhere! Thanks for the other suggestions:)

Ohhhhh boy do these sound delicious! I’d love a batch with cinnamon, a batch with chocolate, and a batch with butterscotch with chocolate. YUMM. Oh and a good tall glass of almond milk. K thanks.

Okay fine….I’ll go make ’em myself 😉
    Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Hello world!

Totally going to try these scones! They look so yummy! I saw those cinnamon chips at the store like 2 weeks ago but didn’t know what to do w/them. THANKS! ♥

i just made kerry at bakergirl’s pumpkin scones a couple of days ago! first time i had made scones and my boys loved them. they lasted about 2 days and ONLY because i wouldn’t let us eat them all at one sitting.

here’s her link:

i didn’t have heavy cream or half and half so i substituted 2 tbsp milk + 1 tbsp plain greek yogurt and they still came out fab!!!
    colleen @ thegiftofmondays recently posted..i used to have an eating disorder

5. Andy says

Yummy! I could just imagine munching on a few of these babies while doing my civil duty, serving on a jury. 😀

Oh, and thanks for the evening make-up tip. Turns out I’ve been doing it all wrong for years now!

More vlogs!