Recipe Archive: Cinnamon Chip Scones

by Courtney on October 19, 2011

Yesterday, I was going through some of my older recipes (on an empty stomach, which is never a good thing) and came across a few favorites of mine that I had totally forgotten about. The poor things…

One of them in particular really stood out immediately to me. It only got a small amount of face time here on the blog way back in February, and I really think that it deserves to be shared again. Think of this as the “recipe archives,” if you will?

This recipe for Cinnamon Chip Scones is an all-time favorite of mine.

They are perfect for making on a Sunday morning and having to snack on for the rest of the week ahead.

They’re actually versatile, too. Can’t find cinnamon chips (I find mine – Hershey’s brand – at Hannaford)? Try using butterscotch…or dark chocolate…or peanut butter. Heck, go crazy and try all three if you’re feelin’ spunky.

Either way, these scones are just awesome, so if you’re looking for a perfect brunch, breakfast, or dessert idea, try giving these a shot!

Happy Baking Smile

1 Khushboo October 19, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Ohhh I would kill for one of those with a glass of milk or iced coffee- YUM!
Khushboo recently posted..How to get rich QUICK

2 Alicia October 19, 2011 at 1:41 pm

I have been looking for cinnamon chips EVERYWHERE!!! I can’t find them in Saratoga :( these scones have been on my “must make” list since you first posted the recipe!
Alicia recently posted..Capturing Autumn in a Cupcake

3 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries October 19, 2011 at 1:44 pm

These look delish!! I’ve never seen cinnamon chips before in our grocery store, so I’d have to make a point of finding where they sell them. Actually, I’d probably just go the “spunky” route and try the butterscotch, pb, and dark chocolate chips all together – sounds perfect! ;)
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW {What I Ate Wednesday} #6: Recipe Favorites

4 Clare @ Fitting It All In October 19, 2011 at 1:52 pm

cinnamon chips are one of the best creations ever. SO addicting! My mom melted them and used them as an icing on top of brownies:)
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..How Much Is Too Much?

5 Courtney October 19, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Oh my god, you’re kidding me?!? That sounds incredible

6 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles October 19, 2011 at 1:54 pm

Cinnamon chips are the best! Soooo delicious! LIGHT BULB- those cinnimon chips need to go in the pumpkin bread!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Rules to Live By… From the desk of Mrs. H

7 Courtney October 19, 2011 at 2:21 pm

GENIUS! I was actually planning on making a chocolate chip pumpkin bread, buuuuuut this may need to change!

8 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer October 19, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Funny, I actually have a bag of cinnamon chips in my pantry with no intended purpose. I think I just found it!
Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer recently posted..That’s a Spicy Sausage

9 Courtney October 19, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Perfect! Hope you love them as much as I do!

10 Ashley @ Good Taste Healthy Me October 19, 2011 at 2:13 pm

mmm these look delicious! I normally am not a huge fan of scones but these photos make me want one!
Ashley @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Surprise Meatloaf Ingredient

11 Courtney October 19, 2011 at 2:21 pm

I’m usually not a scone person either because I don’t like the dryness, but these are so moist and delicious!

12 Kelly October 19, 2011 at 2:16 pm

These look wonderful! I can’t tell you how many times I have made Julie’s flourless peanut cookies when I am hungry and searching recipes. Ha..never a good idea. Ever.
Kelly recently posted..i don’t do halfway

13 Brittany October 19, 2011 at 2:49 pm

These look delicious! I’ve never made a scone before
Brittany recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday

14 Grace October 19, 2011 at 3:34 pm

This makes me sad because I would honestly love to make cinnamon chip scones….but I have looked everywhere for cinnamon chips and I can never find them! Not even during Christmas was baking is in full swing? Oh well….I’ll have to remember when I’m traveling to keep an eye out since obviously they sell them somewhere! Thanks for the other suggestions:)

15 Danica @ It's Progression Not Perfection October 19, 2011 at 4:04 pm

I was honestly just looking for a recipe for the half bags of peanut butter and cinnamon chips sitting in my pantry–thanks for bringing it “out of the archives”! : )
Danica @ It’s Progression Not Perfection recently posted..WIAW#7

16 Hope October 19, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Oh, yum! These scones look like they would be the perfect treat right now with a big cup of coffee. :) I wonder if I could convince my fiance to make them ;)
Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: The Veil…

17 Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife October 19, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Ohhhhh boy do these sound delicious! I’d love a batch with cinnamon, a batch with chocolate, and a batch with butterscotch with chocolate. YUMM. Oh and a good tall glass of almond milk. K thanks.

Okay fine….I’ll go make ‘em myself ;)
Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Hello world!

18 Lea @ Healthy Coconut October 19, 2011 at 4:46 pm

I’ll keep this recipe in mind whenever I see those cinnamon chips at the store. Are those chips seasonal? Because I don’t seem to see them very often :(
Lea @ Healthy Coconut recently posted..Rustic Pasta

19 Courtney October 19, 2011 at 4:49 pm

They can be tough to come by, but I have seen them year-round.

20 Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled October 19, 2011 at 5:37 pm

I think that cinnamon chips is like Bigfoot where I am. I swear I saw them once somewhere, but can’t remember too clearly and don’t know where it happened. It could have been a dream. But I swear they’re out there somewhere!
Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled recently posted..Easy Run + 105 Push Ups

21 Chelcie of Chelcie's Food Files October 19, 2011 at 6:45 pm

these look SO yummy and FILLED with cinna chips!
Chelcie of Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..SNACK ATTACK-WIAW

22 Kristen @ notsodomesticated October 19, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Yum this looks similar to a scone I used to get a Starbucks! I love scones with coffee … they go together like peas and carrots. ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Just another WIAW post …

23 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries October 19, 2011 at 7:39 pm

Stalker status: I remember making these the day after you posted about them. They turned out so well and I was so proud of myself! I think they lasted like, 3 or 4 days. I need to make them again!
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Rain, Running and Nostalgia

24 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen October 19, 2011 at 8:27 pm

I just made scones for the first time last week. Pumpkin chocolate chip ones and now I’m hooked. They’re so much easier than I thought they’d be. This variation sounds delicious!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..What I ate Wednesday: 6 days on the road

25 Suzy October 19, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Totally going to try these scones! They look so yummy! I saw those cinnamon chips at the store like 2 weeks ago but didn’t know what to do w/them. THANKS! ♥

26 colleen @ thegiftofmondays October 19, 2011 at 9:56 pm

i just made kerry at bakergirl’s pumpkin scones a couple of days ago! first time i had made scones and my boys loved them. they lasted about 2 days and ONLY because i wouldn’t let us eat them all at one sitting.

here’s her link:

i didn’t have heavy cream or half and half so i substituted 2 tbsp milk + 1 tbsp plain greek yogurt and they still came out fab!!!
colleen @ thegiftofmondays recently posted..i used to have an eating disorder

27 kristen@ livinlifeinlouie October 20, 2011 at 2:20 pm

HOLY MOLY! I think I would eat this whole thing myself, that could be dangerous haha

28 Andy October 22, 2011 at 10:24 pm

Yummy! I could just imagine munching on a few of these babies while doing my civil duty, serving on a jury. :D

Oh, and thanks for the evening make-up tip. Turns out I’ve been doing it all wrong for years now!

More vlogs!