So Good To Be Back

by Courtney on October 20, 2011

Good Morning and happy Thursday my friends! It’s almost Friday – which means I only have to wait one more day until I get to go see Paranormal Activity 3. Is anyone else as excited about seeing this movie as I am? I don’t know about you, but I am a huge sucker for scary movies and I really liked the last one. I told Jay that he does not have a choice in the matter and that I will be dragging him with me tomorrow to go see it (sorry hubby, I just called you out). Who’s with me?!?

*****

So this morning proved to be a bit of a challenge when putting on my make up, thanks to my first day in over a month of visiting BodyPump! I really didn’t miss the class much while I was away from it, but it felt so good to be back.

I started things off with a nice and easy 15 minutes on the elliptical before heading to class, which turned out to be an old release (kinda bummed about that one). Our instructor said that the release we did was from about 4 years ago, but none of the songs really sparked my interest. But hey, I still got a great, full-body workout in AND I had some entertainment – the grunter was back – and as it turns out, she’s somehow progressed to a grunt/moan which is just downright amusing. I felt bad for the woman standing next to her, who appeared to be really thrown off by her noises.

After class I trekked it back home, still in the dark no less, showered up, and made a quick and easy breakfast.

I toasted up an Arnold’s Honey Wheat Sandwich Thin and topped it with a 1/2 pumpkin & 1/2 peanut butter combo (more volume + added nutrients + awesome flavor, yes please!), banana slices, and chia seeds. It’s been a while since I last added the chias on something other than oats and they reminded me of how much I’ve been missing out on.

I also made sure not to let the rest of the ‘naner go to waste.

Today’s pot of coffee consisted of the last of our Cinnamon Snickerdoodle coffee so it looks like I’m going to have to get some more ASAP. I’m not sure what route I want to go this time though – are there any coffees you guys have been loving these days?

Alright folks, today I’ve got another long day of work ahead of me, but I’m feelin’ good, so let’s do this Thursday thang!

Questions for the Morning:

What are you feelin’ good about this morning?

1 Khushboo October 20, 2011 at 9:02 am

I LOVE Davidoff coffee- SO yum! I’m feeling good about a lot of things this morning:

1) Your pyramid run was a lot more pleasant this morning–> sign my body’s stamina has boosted

2) My gym is having a fitness competition, where each trainer chooses 2 males and 2 females and a trainer approached me this morning to be part of his team- I was more than honored

3) I am off to a beach weekend with some friends tomorrow morning. Eight of us have rented a villa and I cannot waitt :)

Have a great day!
Khushboo recently posted..How to get rich QUICK

2 Courtney October 20, 2011 at 12:08 pm

That sounds like such a great time! Have a blast :)

3 Chelcie @ Chelcie's Food Files October 20, 2011 at 9:02 am

That breakfast looks yummy! I hate when people in workout classes make weird noises it’s so distracting! And I’m just feeling good about the fact that it’s Thursday and I don’t have class tomorrow :)
Chelcie @ Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..SNACK ATTACK-WIAW

4 Heather October 20, 2011 at 9:03 am

Your breakfast looks divine! Nothing like crispy toast with smooth, melted peanut butter. :-)

I’m feeling good about my drive and work ethic today. I’m working so hard to finish this last year strong, as a food and nutrition major/journalism minor. I can’t wait to start my future!
Heather recently posted..Apple Crisp Popcorn & Pumpkin Spice Soymilk

5 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries October 20, 2011 at 9:05 am

You and your grunter and me and my sweaty, shirtless Asian man on the treadmill. Yuck! :)

6 Courtney October 20, 2011 at 12:08 pm

How’d we get so lucky? ;)

7 Lindsey October 20, 2011 at 9:09 am

That because I worked a 15 hour day yesterday and got home at 11pm I am not going into work until 10! And treating myself to Starbucks too :)
Lindsey recently posted..Crockpot Recipes

8 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill October 20, 2011 at 9:11 am

I just bought a new nail polish so I’m feeling good about giving myself a manicure! :)
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..My Gym Enemy

9 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries October 20, 2011 at 9:15 am

I like your peanut butter/pumpkin combo idea! I’m a huge fan of both, and I love more volume – so I’ll have to try it!

I’m feeling good about my workout today. I woke up the past couple days with a head cold and low energy, but today I woke up feeling much better. Yay!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Breast Cancer Awareness Month

10 Ashley @ Good Taste Healthy Me October 20, 2011 at 9:18 am

I’ve never had chia seeds but I see them all over blog land. I want to try them out. Do they cost a fortune?
Ashley @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Book Club

11 Courtney October 20, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Nope! Here’s a link to some: http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Answer-Chia-Seed-16-oz-454-g/15743?at=0
And if you buy from here at iHerb, you can use my coupon code SAZ564 to get $5.00 off!

12 Ashley @ Good Taste Healthy Me October 20, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Awesome, thanks!
Ashley @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Book Club

13 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life October 20, 2011 at 9:23 am

You are crazy! I have to change the channel when I see the previews for Paranormal Activity 3 because it scared me so much. I can’t watch scary movies with kids because it makes me think that something like that can happen to my son. Irrational fear, I know. I can take the blood and the gore, but anything with ghosts and spirits is too much for me, but I can’t wait to hear a review. I value my sleep!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..I Like to Eat…

14 Lauren October 20, 2011 at 9:23 am

Ahh! SO ready for Paranormal 3!!!! I was a bit let down over the second one, at least compared to the first, but this most recent one looks awesome!!! nightmares for sure but hey ;)

15 Traci October 20, 2011 at 9:33 am

I’m feeling good that I have a cup of almond joy coffee in front of me at work and it’s almost the weekend! I’m looking forward to my plans to get Vietnamese food tomorrow, sushi Saturday, and yoga Sunday!

For a coffee rec- I haven’t tried this yet, but I have heard AMAZING things about the Godiva Pumpkin Spice coffee. That’s totally what I’m trying next.

16 Courtney October 20, 2011 at 12:03 pm

That sounds like a great weekend ahead!
And I’ve been hearing awesome things about the Godiva one, too. I may have to look around for that one…

17 Amanda October 20, 2011 at 9:41 am

Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin Spice Coffee!!!! IT’S SO GOOD!

18 Courtney October 20, 2011 at 12:03 pm

I was thinking about that! Did you buy the limited edition bag? Where did you find it??

19 Stacey October 20, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Target ;-) so good!!

20 Amanda October 20, 2011 at 8:55 pm

I got mine at WalMart! Just got it too… and I hate/love/embarrassed to say I’ve had three cups already. Yes, that is how good it is :) :)

21 Hilliary@HappilyEverHealthy October 20, 2011 at 9:47 am

Im loving that I let myself sleep in a bit. And I am loving that my little sister is home! We have a lot of fun things planned!

22 Mandee @ Mandeelicious October 20, 2011 at 9:49 am

I sampled the trader joe’s chocolate cocoa coffee yesterday… it was really good! I was drinking it black, and it tasted awesome! It had a really nice hint of cocoa.
Mandee @ Mandeelicious recently posted..Candy Corn Choothie

23 Courtney October 20, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Just another reason I am bitter over the fact that there is no Trader Joe’s near me. Booooo ;)

24 Steph @ StephSnacks October 20, 2011 at 9:50 am

I love scary movies! I have no one to go with though because my room mate hates them!
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..WIAW

25 Lena @Fit on the Rocks October 20, 2011 at 9:57 am

It’s a bummer you didn’t get to do the new release! All of the gyms in my area are doing just that at least through this week, and it’s killer. I honestly haven’t seen any of the Paranormal Activity movies yet, but I get so paranoid after watching scary things even though I know it’s just a movie.
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Back At One

26 Kerryne October 20, 2011 at 9:59 am

I still haven’t seen the second one. The first one had me in TEARS through 75% of it. I am not usually a scaredy pants but that one really got to me. I haven’t gotten the guts to watch part two just yet. It took me weeks before I could sleep after part one. Probably has something to do with the fact that I have an 11 year old who walks and talks in his sleep and I was just sure that I would wake up to him staring at me (which I DID btw). Creeeeepy!
Kerryne recently posted..Good start!

27 Courtney October 20, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Oh wow, that is creepy! My college roommate used to sleep walk and I actually woke up once to her standing over me, just staring. It was CREEEEPY!

28 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles October 20, 2011 at 10:01 am

Ha- grunt/moan. YIKES! Then again, you can laugh about it all day long now.
Let’s do this Thursday thing so we can get on to the Friday thing!!!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Rules to Live By… From the desk of Mrs. H

29 Faith @ For the Health of It October 20, 2011 at 10:11 am

Wanna know something sad? I had a nightmare last night just based on the commercial for PA3. Literally. I’m such a freaking scaredycat!

30 Courtney October 20, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Oh no!!

31 Sue October 20, 2011 at 10:14 am

How in the world do you get the PB to stick to your banana? I tried it and all the PB did was slide right off and I ended up eating the PB off a spoon and then taking a bite of the banana. LOL. This may seem like a silly question to some, but it’s bugging the crap out of me!!

Sue

32 Courtney October 20, 2011 at 11:58 am

Haha, I loved this question, Sue! It does get pretty slimy but I just try to glob it on rather than smear it…when I smush the two halves together, it spreads out pretty well. Good luck ;)

33 Shannon October 20, 2011 at 10:25 am

I only saw Paranormal 1 and it freaked me out for like a week!!!!!!

I am feeling good this morning because I got 8 hours of sleep last night, and successfully finished day 3 of Jillian Michaels’s 30 day challenge. My body is sore but it’s a great feeling! Bring on day 4!!

34 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 20, 2011 at 10:49 am

Ah I can’t imagine going back to BodyPump after not going for a month! I think the longest I’ve ever taken away from it since I started was 2 weeks. You’ll be feelin’ the burn tomorrow!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Workout Fuel & My Thoughts on Spin

35 Courtney October 20, 2011 at 11:57 am

Yeah, I’m sure tomorrow morning will be interesting ;)

36 Kim @ The Family Practice October 20, 2011 at 10:51 am

Did you see that Beach Body is putting out BodyPump on DVD? I am super excited because none of the gyms near me offer it and both you and Julie @ PBFingers talk it up nonstop! I can’t wait to try it :)
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..It was at the Tulip Festival…

37 Courtney October 20, 2011 at 11:57 am

I did NOT see that – that is very exciting! Especially because Jay has a barbell set I could even use, too

38 Kim @ The Family Practice October 20, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Looks like Dec this year or early next year….
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..It was at the Tulip Festival…

39 Ari @ Ari's Menu October 20, 2011 at 11:02 am

I’ve been doing the pb & pumpkin combo too thanks to you–LOVE it!
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..The Return of Fajita Wednesday!

40 Cat @Breakfast to Bed October 20, 2011 at 11:44 am

I’ve been LOVE LOVE LOVING crop to cup coffee. It’s all fair trade and family harvested and soooo smooth. It’s really different and wonderful.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Stealing Joy From A Baby

41 Courtney October 20, 2011 at 11:56 am

I’ve never heard of that brand before? I’ll keep an eye out, though!

42 Heather @ Girlyeverafter October 20, 2011 at 11:46 am

I’m finally buying a new camera today! It’s been over a month since mine broke and as a blogger it’s the worst having to use my phone all the time for pics!
Heather @ Girlyeverafter recently posted..Girly Things Thursday and Giveaway!

43 Courtney October 20, 2011 at 11:56 am

How FUN! :)

44 Charlie October 20, 2011 at 11:59 am

The PB & Pumpkin combo must be sooo good!! Definitely need to try :).
Charlie recently posted..Guest Post by A little bit of everything: Granola Pumpkin Bars

45 Kelly October 20, 2011 at 12:16 pm

I am boring…I don’t really like flavored coffees. I always think they taste artifical.
Kelly recently posted..pretend parents

46 Brooke @ Waiting to Rise October 20, 2011 at 12:23 pm

What I am feeling good about this morning is I’m getting my hair cut…well, my bangs trimmed. I’m in the awkward grow out stage, and I always look forward to seeing my hairdresser. She is super encouraging and positive and always makes me feel good about myself and the choice I made to grow my hair out (a very tough one because I’ve had short hair for over 20 years!..and I’m only 31!).
Brooke @ Waiting to Rise recently posted..Say Hello to My Little Friend……..

47 Jess @ Jess Go Bananas October 20, 2011 at 12:31 pm

I am so glad that you showed that you ate the other half of the naner! lol I always wonder what people do with theirs when they only say they added 1/2 a banana–well, where’d the other half go?! I can’t only eat half, I have to eat the whole thing! :D

48 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 20, 2011 at 12:41 pm

gaaah I get scared of grunters!

This morning was a sigh of relief that I have made it till THursday. TGIF tomorrow!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..share it forward with o.b.

49 Brittany October 20, 2011 at 12:42 pm

I love that pumpkin pb combo, I need to make that soooon! I’m just excited that it’s the weekend finally :D
Brittany recently posted..Exciting News

50 Karen October 20, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Hi Courtney,
I’m Karen and the blogger behind Gotham Girl. I’ve been a long time reader of your blog, first time commenter – love your little corner of the internet! random question – where did you get your pink coffee mug from? I absolutely *LOVE* it!

51 Courtney October 20, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Hi Karen!
That coffee mug actually came from Starbucks about two years ago around Valentine’s Day. It’s definitely one of my favorites!

52 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats October 20, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Pumpkin + pb is just the best combo! :) One thing I loved about this morning was getting to up the intensity at my water therapy workout! Can’t wait to be injury free again!

53 Diana October 20, 2011 at 2:02 pm

dunkin donuts cinnamon hazelnut. oh ma gosh. cozy fall party in my mouth!
Diana recently posted..Be careful what you wish for…

54 Hope October 20, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Your breakfast looks yummy! :) Snickerdoodle coffee sounds amazing. I’m loving Godiva Pumpkin Spice coffee also a local place called Wawa has amazing pumpkin coffee too.
Hope recently posted..A Butternut Squash Filled Evening…