So Good To Be Back

Good Morning and happy Thursday my friends! It’s almost Friday – which means I only have to wait one more day until I get to go see Paranormal Activity 3. Is anyone else as excited about seeing this movie as I am? I don’t know about you, but I am a huge sucker for scary movies and I really liked the last one. I told Jay that he does not have a choice in the matter and that I will be dragging him with me tomorrow to go see it (sorry hubby, I just called you out). Who’s with me?!?

*****

So this morning proved to be a bit of a challenge when putting on my make up, thanks to my first day in over a month of visiting BodyPump! I really didn’t miss the class much while I was away from it, but it felt so good to be back.

I started things off with a nice and easy 15 minutes on the elliptical before heading to class, which turned out to be an old release (kinda bummed about that one). Our instructor said that the release we did was from about 4 years ago, but none of the songs really sparked my interest. But hey, I still got a great, full-body workout in AND I had some entertainment – the grunter was back – and as it turns out, she’s somehow progressed to a grunt/moan which is just downright amusing. I felt bad for the woman standing next to her, who appeared to be really thrown off by her noises.

After class I trekked it back home, still in the dark no less, showered up, and made a quick and easy breakfast.

I toasted up an Arnold’s Honey Wheat Sandwich Thin and topped it with a 1/2 pumpkin & 1/2 peanut butter combo (more volume + added nutrients + awesome flavor, yes please!), banana slices, and chia seeds. It’s been a while since I last added the chias on something other than oats and they reminded me of how much I’ve been missing out on.

I also made sure not to let the rest of the ‘naner go to waste.

Today’s pot of coffee consisted of the last of our Cinnamon Snickerdoodle coffee so it looks like I’m going to have to get some more ASAP. I’m not sure what route I want to go this time though – are there any coffees you guys have been loving these days?

Alright folks, today I’ve got another long day of work ahead of me, but I’m feelin’ good, so let’s do this Thursday thang!

Questions for the Morning:

What are you feelin’ good about this morning?

Comments

I LOVE Davidoff coffee- SO yum! I’m feeling good about a lot of things this morning:

1) Your pyramid run was a lot more pleasant this morning–> sign my body’s stamina has boosted

2) My gym is having a fitness competition, where each trainer chooses 2 males and 2 females and a trainer approached me this morning to be part of his team- I was more than honored

3) I am off to a beach weekend with some friends tomorrow morning. Eight of us have rented a villa and I cannot waitt :)

Have a great day!
    Khushboo recently posted..How to get rich QUICK

2. Chelcie @ Chelcie's Food Files says

That breakfast looks yummy! I hate when people in workout classes make weird noises it’s so distracting! And I’m just feeling good about the fact that it’s Thursday and I don’t have class tomorrow :)
    Chelcie @ Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..SNACK ATTACK-WIAW

You are crazy! I have to change the channel when I see the previews for Paranormal Activity 3 because it scared me so much. I can’t watch scary movies with kids because it makes me think that something like that can happen to my son. Irrational fear, I know. I can take the blood and the gore, but anything with ghosts and spirits is too much for me, but I can’t wait to hear a review. I value my sleep!
    Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..I Like to Eat…

4. Lauren says

Ahh! SO ready for Paranormal 3!!!! I was a bit let down over the second one, at least compared to the first, but this most recent one looks awesome!!! nightmares for sure but hey ;)

5. Traci says

I’m feeling good that I have a cup of almond joy coffee in front of me at work and it’s almost the weekend! I’m looking forward to my plans to get Vietnamese food tomorrow, sushi Saturday, and yoga Sunday!

For a coffee rec- I haven’t tried this yet, but I have heard AMAZING things about the Godiva Pumpkin Spice coffee. That’s totally what I’m trying next.

• Courtney says

That sounds like a great weekend ahead!
      And I’ve been hearing awesome things about the Godiva one, too. I may have to look around for that one…

It’s a bummer you didn’t get to do the new release! All of the gyms in my area are doing just that at least through this week, and it’s killer. I honestly haven’t seen any of the Paranormal Activity movies yet, but I get so paranoid after watching scary things even though I know it’s just a movie.
    Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Back At One

I still haven’t seen the second one. The first one had me in TEARS through 75% of it. I am not usually a scaredy pants but that one really got to me. I haven’t gotten the guts to watch part two just yet. It took me weeks before I could sleep after part one. Probably has something to do with the fact that I have an 11 year old who walks and talks in his sleep and I was just sure that I would wake up to him staring at me (which I DID btw). Creeeeepy!
    Kerryne recently posted..Good start!

• Courtney says

Oh wow, that is creepy! My college roommate used to sleep walk and I actually woke up once to her standing over me, just staring. It was CREEEEPY!

8. Sue says

How in the world do you get the PB to stick to your banana? I tried it and all the PB did was slide right off and I ended up eating the PB off a spoon and then taking a bite of the banana. LOL. This may seem like a silly question to some, but it’s bugging the crap out of me!!

Sue

• Courtney says

Haha, I loved this question, Sue! It does get pretty slimy but I just try to glob it on rather than smear it…when I smush the two halves together, it spreads out pretty well. Good luck ;)

I only saw Paranormal 1 and it freaked me out for like a week!!!!!!

I am feeling good this morning because I got 8 hours of sleep last night, and successfully finished day 3 of Jillian Michaels’s 30 day challenge. My body is sore but it’s a great feeling! Bring on day 4!!

What I am feeling good about this morning is I’m getting my hair cut…well, my bangs trimmed. I’m in the awkward grow out stage, and I always look forward to seeing my hairdresser. She is super encouraging and positive and always makes me feel good about myself and the choice I made to grow my hair out (a very tough one because I’ve had short hair for over 20 years!..and I’m only 31!).
    Brooke @ Waiting to Rise recently posted..Say Hello to My Little Friend……..

I am so glad that you showed that you ate the other half of the naner! lol I always wonder what people do with theirs when they only say they added 1/2 a banana–well, where’d the other half go?! I can’t only eat half, I have to eat the whole thing! :D

Hi Courtney,
    I’m Karen and the blogger behind Gotham Girl. I’ve been a long time reader of your blog, first time commenter – love your little corner of the internet! random question – where did you get your pink coffee mug from? I absolutely *LOVE* it!

• Courtney says

Hi Karen!
      That coffee mug actually came from Starbucks about two years ago around Valentine’s Day. It’s definitely one of my favorites!

Trackbacks