Is Anyone Watching This?

Hey guys and gals! Sorry for no post last night…

By the time I got home around 8pm, I still hadn’t eaten dinner and I was just in need of some “me” time. No computers allowed.

So I changed into my cozies, grabbed the dinner I didn’t get a chance to eat at work (a roasted red pepper-marinated grilled chicken breast, some of Jay’s leftover rice, and lettuce)

cuddled up on the couch with my boys, and watched my DVR’d episode of American Horror Story. Ok, now that I’ve mentioned it, I’ve gotta know if anyone else out there is watching this crazy show???

source

Jay and I still aren’t totally sold on it, yet we’re totally hooked because there’s so much going on and still so much that hasn’t been told. It’s creepy…hence, the reason I love it, and the reason Jay sits on the couch asking why in the world we have to watch it. I told him I’m just gearing him up for tonight’s main event. Mwahahaha.

Speaking of which…I think I found myself a movie snack for ourselves tonight. Check THESE babies out:

I had heard rumors on Twitter last week, but I finally ended up finding these White Chocolate Candy Corn M&M’s at Wal-Mart yesterday and can’t wait to try ‘em. (Yes, I bought ‘em yesterday and haven’t opened the bag yet – I’m impressed with my restraint.) Apparently I’m totally digging the candy corns lately? Winking smile

*****

This morning I woke up and quickly decided to take a rest day. I am definitely feeling the effects of yesterday’s BodyPump class today, so I figured it was a good opportunity for a few extra ZZZ’s and some extra time to sit and indulge in breakfast.

I whipped up a batch of pumpkin buckwheat which ended up getting added to a leftover peanut butter jar that I totally kept forgetting we had.

Topped off with a little Love Grown Foods granola, and I was good to go.

Also pretty darn good was this morning’s coffee. When I picked up that bag of M&M’s yesterday evening, I also picked up a fresh, new bag of coffee.

Ohhh yes. It’s quite fantastic.

Dunkin Donuts pumpkin spice coffee,

I’m really hoping that today goes by fast because I can.not.wait for tonight’s movie. Woop!

P.S. – Make sure to stay tuned this afternoon for a fun Fashion Friday post.

Questions for the Morning:

What’s your favorite…

• Flavor M&M? (pretzel for me)
  • Scary movie? (tough one…I might have to say the first Paranormal Activity?)
  • Halloween candy? (100 Grand)
  • Coffee flavor? (probably pumpkin spice or Jamaican Me Crazy)

Comments

I NEED those Candy Corn M&Ms in my life. Hopefully my CVS will have them!

My fav M&Ms are peanut or peanut butter.
    Scary movie: The Exorcist.
    Halloween Candy: Milky Way bars all the way!
    Coffee: My dad bought my Godiva Creme Brulee flavored coffee and it tasted soo good. I need to find if it’s still available.
    Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..A Little Leaf Known as Sorrel

i snagged 2 bags of those candy corn m&ms at walmart last week! someone had left a million coupons next to the display, so how could i resist?! i was like these are perfect for cupcakes… and mixing in to breakfast oatmeal 😉

SCREAM is my all time fav scary movie… annnnd I love the chocolate covered pumpkin peeps!
    Mandee @ Mandeelicious recently posted..Candy Corn Choothie

My fiance and I have been wagging American Horror Story too. I still can’t decide what I think of it. I feel like we just sit there the whole time going “wth is going on?!” But like you were hooked.
    Jacqui recently posted..Benefits of Honey

Those M&M’s look divine. My favorite M&M’s would be peanut butter, favorite Scary movie’s are any of the Saw’s… Halloween Candy–anything chocolate, haha… Coffee flavor–Pumpkin or Blueberry!
    Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..Dodgeball

Favorite M&M flavor: It’s a tie between Peanut M&Ms and Peanut Butter M&Ms. Obviously I love all things peanuts! 😉
    Favorite scary movie: Mr. Brooks. This is more of a thriller, because I’m not as into “horror” movies, but it was still scary to me!
    Favorite Halloween candy: Reese’s PB Cups for sure!
    Favorite coffee flavor: Pumpkin Spice or Cinnamon.
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Protein Pizookie

I didn’t know you could buy Pumpkin Spice DD coffee! So far this fall, I have tried the pumpkin flavors in Keurig, and at Wawa and DD. I would want to try the DD brewed coffee because I wasn’t a huge fan of the pumpkin syrup they used in the store. My favorite Halloween candy is 3 Musketeers, and my favorite coffee at the moment is pumpkin spice from Wawa. :)
    Pamela recently posted..See One, Do One, Teach One

• Courtney says

The crispy m&m’s used to be my favorite, too! I’m so glad they came out with the pretzel since it’s somewhat similar :)

Okay, I need to pick up some pumpkin spice coffee. That looks too deelish.
    Flavor M&M? I love pretzel, but I recently tried coconut and it’s really good!
    Scary movie? I’m not sure!
    Halloween candy? Lollipops
    Coffee flavor? Any flavor

8. Erin G says

How awesome are those M&Ms?! I saw them and instantly worked them into my lecture for my sales class today :) With a massive picture in my powerpoint…..

Me time is always a definite must, so hopefully you feel a bit recharged!
    Flavor M&M? Dark or Mint
    Scary movie? They all creep me out…
    Halloween candy? Kit Kats! I never buy these, so I love snagging the mini ones.
    Coffee flavor? I love the Mudslide flavor for the Keurig; it has just a hint of chocolate :)
    Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..I Scream for Ice Cream

10. JN says

I’ve only watched the first episode of American Horror Story and I was definitely intrigued. Then I went over to ew.com and read the recap by Doc Jensen (who did really excellent, explanatory recaps of LOST) and got even more hooked on the show. I have the 2nd and 3rd episode DVR’d and am waiting to watch them during the daytime, because I was so freaked out by watching the first one just before bed! :)

I think I like Almond M&M’s best, but the pretzel are a close 2nd. Scary movies aren’t really my thing, but I will watch them, usually around Halloween, to get in the mood. Reese’s PB Cups are my fave, and my go-to coffee flavors are vanilla or hazelnut.

Pretzel MM’s, Raisnettes, Iced Coffee and no horror movies! I won’t sleep for weeks!

Ps- Courtney do you miss hearing this? “It’s not difficult, it’s just stinkin’ FUN!
    Allison recently posted..hair fail

• Courtney says

OH MY GOSH!! Hilarious!! Good ‘ol Chris Freytag in her kickboxing workout – I know exactly what you’re talking about! 😀
      And no, I don’t miss it…yet…but I’ll probably try to incorporate it next week sometime because it’s a great workout!

12. Beth says

Thought of your pumpkin dedication when I was debating buying Planters’ Pumpkin Spice almonds at Target and let me tell you, they are SOOO good, maybe not so pumpkiny, but they taste like the awesome cinnamon roasted almonds you can get at festivals! They’re relatively low in sugar for such a sweet treat (5g/svg) and could be a good snack for your long days – try them out! Bonus: amazing tailgate snack!

• Courtney says

Oh my gosh, I SAW THOSE at the store the other day but didn’t want to spend the money on the huge container of them. I’m glad to know they’re that good! I’m thinking about attempting to re-create them at home…hopefully it’ll be cheaper :)

• Beth says

haha i passed them 3 times before i just put them in the cart and when i got in the check-out line, 2 other people asked if they were good, so apparently we’re all too curious to waste $6! totally worth it though. my husband is obsessed with them too

I like mini M&Ms the best, for some reason they taste better to me!
    I am not a fan of any scary movies – major wimp here 😉
    Mini Oh Henry chocolate bars :)
    I like plain Kicking Horse coffee brand or Starbucks :)
    Lindsey recently posted..Foodie Friday

Wow do those M&M’s look good! Although oddly enough for this sweet tooth monster I don’t like candy corns (I know the shocker! ;)), but I bet I’d like those, especially since it has white chocolate! :)

Flavor M&M? Definitely peanut or almond
    Scary movie? Paranormal Activity for me too…I was jumpy hours after the movie ended!
    Halloween candy? Kit Kat!
    Coffee flavor?
    Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Live In The Moment

• Courtney says

OMG YES – I totally forgot about that one. That definitely takes the #1 spot for me…SO creepy! That movie actually still has weird effects on me – when I was watching it, I totally found myself me and Jay in the shoes of the characters and it totally freaked me out. Ahhhhh, just thinking about it creeps me out…

My favorite M&M’s are definitely the peanut ones frozen! I’m not a huge scary movie fan. For Halloween candy, I really like too many kinds! lol. It really depends on my mood but any of the chocolate candy bars are good! Lately, I really like pumpkin coffee also.

M&M: peanut!
    Scary movie: none! I don’t like scary movies AT ALL (I’m a huge wimp!)
    Halloween candy: hmmm . . . that’s a toughie. I like Twix & Butterfinger the best, I think
    Coffee: anything with coconut! yummy!

I haven’t watch American Horror Story yet, but I can handle creepy better than scary, so I might check it out. I’ve heard good things!
    Melissa recently posted..Seasonal 😉

17. Stefanie says

* Flavor M&M? (pretzel for me)
    * Scary movie? (tough one…I might have to say the first Paranormal Activity?)
    * Halloween candy? (100 Grand)
    * Coffee flavor? (probably pumpkin spice or Jamaican Me Crazy)
    Favorite M&M probably peanut butter, or almond!
    Scary movie, polturegeist! such a classic
    Halloween candy either reeses or snickers
    Coffee flavor vanilla spice

I’ve been seeing lots of previews/commercials for “American Horror Story” but haven’t seen it yet. I might try to catch up on an episode or two to see if it’s worth it.

As for my favorites…
    *Flavor M&M: Peanut all the way!
    * Scary movie? INSIDIOUS. If you want to see a scary movie that will totally freak you out, watch this one!
    * Halloween candy? Candy corn & pumpkins
    * Coffee flavor? Not a huge coffee fan. If I have it, it has to be something “fancy” from Starbucks – pumkin spice latte or something like that
    Molly@hungryhungryrunner.com recently posted..Salted Caramel Love from NC

Totally understood about wanting to get into your jammies and have a night off the comp. When I get home from the gym and get showered and cozy, it’s so hard for me to turn on my computer, but it’s also the only time that I have a chance to upload my photos since I work full-time during the day and work out in the late afternoon. But once I get my blog work done the feeling of watching TV while eating a fab dinner is so great!

Fave M&M: PB!
    Scary Movie: I’m gonna say Hocus Pocus even though it’s not scary!
    Halloween candy: TWIX
    Coffee Flavor: Toasted butternut.
    Caitlin C. recently posted..Edmondson’s Farm: Fall Decor At Its Finest!

I’m glad you’re the kind of blogger who can recognize when you need a night off…and you’re totally okay doing it! You don’t ever need to explain why…you come first :)

I must buy some candy corn soon….I’m seeing it everywhere and am getting an intense craving right about now.
    Anna Crouch recently posted..My (un)Official Rules For Running

We’ve been watching American Horror Story as well, and while it’s creepy and totally weird, I think we’re pretty much hooked! Too far into the show now to quit watching :)

Oh, and I also cannot WAIT for Paranormal Activity. I’ve been looking forward to it for weeks and am actually just killing time until we leave for it shortly :)

• Courtney says

I usually add a packet of Truvia and skim milk or a splash of creamer to all of my coffees. I didn’t add anything to the grounds though, if that’s what you mean?

22. Shannon says

Favorite M&M flavor? Milk chocolate.
    Scary movie? They’re too scary for me. :(
    Halloween candy? either Hershey’s or Reese’s PB cups
    Coffee? I don’t drink coffee.

Trackbacks