Kate’s Birthday Celebration

Last night, since it was Kate’s actual birthday, we met up with her and Joey before their planned party for a little pre-birthday celebration at Bombers Burrito Bar. For those of you who are local, you probably already know about why people go to Bombers on their actual birthday…for the the free, massive birthday margarita!

The thing is a beast, no doubt about it.

I, myself, have even tackled the birthday margarita back in the day…

(On my 24th birthday)

100_0360

While Bombers does make a pretty mean margarita, I really wasn’t too much in the mood for drinking last night, so I passed on getting a drink of my own and just helped Kate out with a few sips. Tasty, indeed!

Since I knew there was going to be an abundance of food to snack on at the party afterward, Jay and I decided to share a BBQ Pulled Pork Burrito – aka the most amazing burrito on the face of this planet. I get it every time I go.

I also love the fact that they serve their sweet potato fries with maple syrup. Definitely a different combo, but I dig it. Winking smile

I ate all of the “innards” and passed up on most of the actual burrito part itself. The filling is where it’s at anyway.

After dinner, the four of us headed back over to Joey & Kate’s house to get things ready for the birthday festivities.

Lots of snacks (Jay and I dominated that bread dip by the end of the night…)

Joey & Iris

And, of course, birthday cupcakes! I had the pleasure of making the cupcakes for Kate’s party last night, and they turned out to be quite a hit.

We went for variety, so I baked up a batch of these, these,

and these, but with regular cream cheese frosting which I’ve decided I like better than the original combo. I had one of those during the party and it was deeeelish.

oreo cupcakes

Jay and I are enjoying somewhat of a relaxing morning now before heading out for a fun afternoon with friends. Time to go make the coffee!

Question for the Morning:

What’s the best birthday you’ve ever had? Why was it so great?

I think mine would probably have to be my 25th birthday. We had a Luau theme (in the dead of winter) and it was just an absolute blast!

DSC00931DSC00935DSC00937DSC00940DSC00938DSC00956DSC00986

Birthday + great friends & family = Awesome Smile

Comments

1. Shannon says

I WANT those cupcakes so bad. My mouth drooled when I saw the Oreo cupcakes; I should print the recipe.

The best birthday that I had? Hmmmm… I’m not sure. I think this year’s was pretty good. In the morning, we went to the Pet Connection adoption clinic at The Animal Hospital in Guilderland, got Coccadotts cupcakes for my birthday treat (everyone else ate cheescake from Zachary’s Pastry Shoppe in East Greenbush), went out to dinner at UNO Chicago Grille, and got great presents. I got a Kindle- I do not like e-readers but I may just give it a try; why waste a good present?

My 17th birthday–I’d had a really rough year and I didn’t want to do anything and my family and best friends threw me the most amazing surprise party. I LOVE birthdays and they have always been a huge deal in my family, but that one is definitely the one I will remember forever. That and the one where I was 8 or 9 and my dad surprised me and took me to Disneyland for the day!
    Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..Hermano’s Piano Recital

OMG–that margarita is insane!! Does anyone ever actually finish it? I feel like if I did, you’d have to scrape me off the floor!

My best birthday was when I was eight, I think. Can’t remember the exact age but I definitely remember the party! My parents set up a party for me at Build-A-Bear and we all got to make stuffed animals. Cake and probably a lot of prepubescent squealing happened at my house afterwards. lol
    Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Inter-Campus Shuttle Love

4. Brenda says

I’m bugging you again for a hair tutorial :) My hair looks a lot like you hair looked in the picture with your birthday margarita. Your hair now looks so shiny and it looks like you don’t use a flat iron. I would love to see what you do from wet to dry including the shampoo and products you use. Pleeeeaaaase…

• Courtney says

Haha…I’ll see what I can do. Honestly, it would be a pretty quick tutorial since I really don’t do much at all! :)

That looks like such a good time!:) i love birthday celebrations, and once again the cupcakes look amazing! I LOVE cream cheese frosting, so yummy!
    My favorite birthday celebration was probably my 16th birthday party. I had a sweet 16 party and had the most amazing cake. Yellow cake with raspberry chocolate mousse filling and buttercream. SO GOOD
    Chelcie of Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..Apple Cake with Apple Butter Glaze

I am currently waiting to have dinner…wrong time to look at this post! Everything looks SO darn good, Courtney! Glad you had a fun time!! Your cupcakes are just so perfect I swear :-)

Trackbacks