I’m Not Ready For This Yet

Good evening, friends! Hope everyone has had a fantastic Thursday so far. Thanks to all of you who have already entered my Sip & Relax Smoothie Giveaway; you still have until tomorrow afternoon, so make sure to get those entries in!

So in other news, THIS happened today…

Yes, that would be SNOW. Friggin’ snow, and it’s still October.

Now, don’t get me wrong; I know I live in the northeast and this should be somewhat expected, but seriously, already? I’m just not ready for this yet (then again, who am I kidding…I’m never ready for it unless it falls between December 23rd-31st.) Yikes!

Thankfully, I’ve been inside all day at work so hopefully by the time I’m done, IT will be done, and I can just pretend like it never happened. 😉

The Food, Dude

I’ve pretty much been snacking on and off all day today. It’s not always easy for me to sit down and actually have a lunch or dinner “break,” so I try to bring food with me that I know I can nibble on when possible. Some of today’s snacks included:

An orange and two rice cakes…

…which got all jazzed up with a packet of Barney Butter leftover from my HLS swag bag and “sliced” banana. First of all, Barney Butter is amazing and it’s a crime that I don’t eat it more often.

Second of all, I put “sliced” in quotations because the only “slicing” that was happening was with my fingers. Not too shabby for not having any utensils though, right?

Totally delicious.

I also packed up another batch of sweet tuna salad to scoop up with some Wheat Thins. I’m really liking this combo lately not only for the yum factor, but also for the staying-power it has, too.

And of course, I also devoured my yogurt mess with the last of the pumpkin gingerbread. So sad it’s gone, but now I’ve got to think of something new to bake up!

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I get home before 9:00pm tonight because I’ve been waiting very impatiently all day to slip into my cozies, sip on the other half of my smoothie, and watch last night’s DVR’d episode of American Horror Story. I already heard it was a good one…has anyone else been watching?

YAY for tomorrow being Fridayyyy! 😀

Question for the Evening:

Let’s talk SNOW: What are your thoughts on it?…

Love it? Hate it? Have you already seen it this season? Do you see it at all where you live?

I did not like the snow we got today and that we are still getting. It is too cold out for this time of year. I still have 2 5ks I want to do and I really don’t want to do them in the freezing weather or in the snow. Hopefully this was just a little taste and it will not make another appearance until Christmas.
    Ashlee recently posted..Yummy Mini Oreo & Reese’s Stuffed Cookies

This will be my second winter in (northern) Utah. Before that I lived in southern California and Arizona where there was no such thing as snow during the winters. I think it’s pretty to look at, but I absolutely hate driving in it and running in it, and I freeze instantly. I pretty much just like during the month of December. 😉
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..A Heavenly Combo

I can’t believe you got snow today! We only get snow here in TX maybe 1-3 times a year and it’s glorious! We love it. But I can totally imagine hating it (like my mom who grew up in the NE) if you have to endure brutal winters.
    Faith recently posted..NYC Day 2

4. briana says

Here in Colorado we got snow yesterday and it snowed all day, but should be 60 by Saturday so I Love snow in Colorado anyways :)

not counting the view from airport terminals, would you believe i’ve only experienced snow once in 31 years???

i guess the grass is always greener, it never snows here. it’s muggy and in the 80s right now. snow sounds kind of nice….
    Erica recently posted..festive

american horror story is SO. GOOD. and i can’t believe it’s already snowed in new york!? my parents failed to mention that to me on the phone this afternoon, probably because i would rub cali weather in their faces, haha. but hey, the snow is pretty! and honestly, i’m sure with all this crazy weather happening you’ll have a random 80 degree day in there somewhere :)
    jordan @ thedancingdonut recently posted..vegas vacation.

I’m a little jealous of the snow. Houston hit almost 90 degrees today… sigh. I am visiting my parents in PA this weekend and the forecast includes some of the snow you guys saw today! I’m excited to break out the winter coat. This is the second time today I have seen rice cakes make an appearance. I used to eat them all the time growing up with peanut butter. My mom would make faces on top with raisins. I need to bring back the smiling cakes:)
    Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..Halloween Pumpkins

Well being in Alberta, Canada we usually see the first snow in October or November and it last till at least March with one or two spring storms after! I don’t mind the snow compared to the cold temps. Snow with milder weather I can handle :) We haven’t seen it her yet! Fingers crossed it will stay away a tad longer!
    Lindsey recently posted..Tis’ The Season!

Give me snow!!! I just learned to snowboard in Feb and am itching to get on a mountain again and get better at it! I think some snow is expected here in PA, but it’ll likely just be a light dusting near the mountain areas.
    Krissie J recently posted..Not Quite Fixed

Ugh, how gross was that!? I just typed my post for tomorrow and I’ll admit there might be a rant or two in there about the snow today. I hate it. I hate winter in NY (minus Dec 23-Jan 1) and every day for the next 6 months I’ll probably be thinking about how I was an idiot for ever moving back here from Florida.
    Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Classic fudgy salted brownies

I have only seen snow once in my life! I really want to see it again this year. If it snowed I would be so excited!! I also do not have to deal with it every year living in Florida, so this is why I like it.
    Siena recently posted..Halloween Workout!

12. Lou says

I’m so jealous! I can’t wait for it snow here in Europe! I’ve just moved here from Queensland – the sunshine state of Australia! So as you can imagine, I’m totally envious and impatiently waiting for the day I wake up to snow!!!!!!!!!!!

Oy… I could definitely do without the snow. I’m so happy it hasn’t snowed here in the city yet. I really only like snow on Christmas when I’m home with my family and have nothing else to do!
    Brigitt recently posted..Ran Out of Steam

14. Helen says

Wow I can’t believe it snowed! I’m from South Carolina so we usually do not get snow until January. I actually have missed the snow because I lived in Florida for a few years and did not get to enjoy it. When I say enjoy it i mean our snow lasts a few days and then is gone so, no being cooped up in the house for a week or more :)

15. Sarah says

I live in AZ and we are just getting out of the 90’s!! I would LOVE to spend a day in your neck of the woods! (but maybe just a day 😉 lol) I just wanted to say I found your blogs the other day and I love, love, love reading them! :) I am going to attempt your Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes this weekend! *luck*