That Was A Surprise

by Courtney on October 28, 2011

Remember last night when I said that I was going to try my best to forget all about that whole snow thing happening? Well, I must have done a pretty good job because I had completely forgotten about it until I woke up this morning, looked out the window, and was greeted with this.

Talk about a total surprise.

My poor pumpkins are all covered!

IMG_9366IMG_9364

Despite the fact that I was less-than-psyched about our first little snow fall of the season, I will admit that it is quite pretty…

I will also admit that I only feel this way because it’s not currently snowing and I know it’s all going to melt by this afternoon. Winking smile

*****

So I may not have gotten home from work until a little after 9pm last night, but it wasn’t all that bad (it’s the little things!). One of the girls I work with, Kelsey, brought in some homemade pizza to share with everyone!

She recreated a four-cheese white pizza from one of my favorite local pizza shops, and although I’ve never had their four-cheese pizza, hers was to die for. It was almost like cheesy garlic bread meets pizza. It.was.awesome.

I also got a new shellac manicure, courtesy of Kelsey. I’ll tell ya, this girl is a jack of all trades!

When I got home last night, I caved and still decided to watch my DVR’d episode of American Horror Story because the suspense was killing me and yes, this show is still wacky…and I love it.

Thanks to my late-night TV watching, that also meant late to bed, which meant I needed to decide whether or not to still get up early for a workout, or sleep in and call it a rest day. I thought a lot about the whole healthy living package and opted for the extra sleep, which was definitely the right idea for me last night. I was dead tired.

Breakfast

With a full-nights rest under my belt, it was time to get crackin’ on breakfast. With no pumpkin gingerbread left in the house, I actually had to put some thought into today’s meal. Luckily, it only took about 5 seconds to decide on a bowl of pumpkin oatmeal.

In the mix:

• 1/3 cup Coach’s Oats
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 2 tsp chia seeds
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 mashed banana
  • 1/3 cup pumpkin
  • cinnamon & pumpkin pie spice

Toppings for today included a generous helping of Love Grown Foods granola and a drizzle of light maple syrup. It was so festive and delicious.

And even though it may look more like Christmas outside, I’m still sportin’ my spooky little statues.

I don’t know about you, but we’re in Halloween mode over here. Smile

This afternoon after work, I’m hoping to make a quick trip over to Old Navy to see if they have any good deals.

**FYI: Today Old Navy is having 40% OFF in-store only if you use your card**

Hopefully I have some good luck!

I’ll also be announcing the winner of my Sip & Relax Giveaway this afternoon, so hurry up and get your entries in if you haven’t yet.

Happy Friday everyone!

Question for the Morning:

• Anybody have any good plans for the weekend?

Jay and I have a busy weekend ahead again, including a fun Halloween party Saturday night!

1 Lindsey October 28, 2011 at 9:13 am

Nothing too crazy, carving pumpkins tonight, Christmas craft sale with my Mom tomorrow and a Halloween party tomorrow night!
Lindsey recently posted..Tis’ The Season!

2 Krissie J October 28, 2011 at 9:13 am

I’ll be heading to a Halloween party tomorrow night with my older sister and all her friends who are SO much fun. Scott is flying to the Czech Republic tomorrow so he’s going to miss out on all the fun (it’s his favorite holiday, too). Other than running a 5K Sun with my sister that’s about it for me. Love your little house statues, too cute!
Krissie J recently posted..Not Quite Fixed

3 Hope October 28, 2011 at 9:15 am

Wow! I can’t believe it snowed already! We had our first frost this morning and we are supposed to get some snow tomorrow. It’s way too early for this winter talk!

I love y our Halloween decorations! :) The pumpkin oats look yummy! I don’t have too many things planned for this weekend but I am looking forward to my Seasons 52 dinner date with my sister.
Hope recently posted..My End Of October Favorites…

4 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy October 28, 2011 at 9:18 am

It’s pretty cool that you can get a manicure while you’re working!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Sorry I’m Not Sorry

5 Amanda October 28, 2011 at 9:18 am

It’s supposed to snow again tomorrow….2-5 Inches. So wrong!! Love the shellac – how long does it last for you?

6 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life October 28, 2011 at 9:19 am

We’re expecting our first snow for Saturday in NYC and I’m not looking forward to it at all. I’m supposed to be going out on Saturday and I really don’t want to be dressed in my costume in the snow! But what can you do the weather keeps getting crazier and crazier!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Sorry Starbucks!

7 nicole @ simply nicole October 28, 2011 at 9:24 am

omg I am addicted to American Horror Story! I watch it every week. This week I recorded it and watched it on Thursday. It’s always so weird, but I love it.
nicole @ simply nicole recently posted..Gummy Vitamins

8 Khushboo October 28, 2011 at 9:26 am

What a pretty site to wake up to! My plans so far for the weekend include a cousins party tonight and catching up with a friend over sangria tomorrow night :)

9 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill October 28, 2011 at 9:29 am

I reaallly hope it doesn’t snow here–Halloween and snow just don’t mix well together!

I’m going out in downtown Baltimore Saturday night with my older sister! Have a fun weekend!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Newspaper Necklace

10 Ashley @ Good Taste Healthy Me October 28, 2011 at 9:35 am

haha I thought we got some early snow – yours really accumulated!
Ashley @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Snowy Night In

11 Diana October 28, 2011 at 9:41 am

I personally think that snow before Halloween should be illegal…but it does look beautiful! Let the Christmas countdown begin! :)
Diana recently posted..Hey, whatever it takes, Europe.

12 Sarah October 28, 2011 at 9:41 am

Well, we’re kickin’ off the weekend today with some friends, homemade buffalo chicken pizza, and maybe we’ll throw in a movie for good measure :) Tomorrow- It’s time for a road trip! And Sunday is for church- my favorite day of the weekend!

13 Whitney October 28, 2011 at 11:09 am

Amen! Mine too!! :)

14 Amanda October 28, 2011 at 9:41 am

I woke up to ice covering my car.. I am not ready for winter!!

15 Ruthie Hart October 28, 2011 at 9:46 am

holy moly texas got a cold front last night and I am shivering in 52 degree weather! My husband and I are going out to my parents lakehouse for the weekend with our favorite couple friends….corn hole, yoga, crafts, cocktails…I can’t wait!
Ruthie Hart recently posted..Halloween thru the years

16 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer October 28, 2011 at 9:50 am

I can’t believe you got so much snow!! I’m in Buffalo and we only got a little, and it didn’t stick!
Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer recently posted..Do I really want to eat that?

17 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries October 28, 2011 at 9:59 am

The snow looks so pretty! I’ll be honest though, I’m glad it’s not here yet. ;)

This weekend for us is pretty low key, which my husband and I are both really looking forward to. Every weekend this month has been busy with company in town or lots of plans. It’ll be nice to relax and spend some time just the two of us.
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..A Heavenly Combo

18 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen October 28, 2011 at 10:04 am

We had pretty much identical breakfasts this morning :) delicious!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Citrus pea pesto

19 Cat @Breakfast to Bed October 28, 2011 at 10:38 am

They have the cutest Jets tee shirts right now!!
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Quite Simply, The Best Green Bean Dish You’ll Ever Eat

20 Chelcie of Chelcie's Food Files October 28, 2011 at 10:40 am

wow that’s a ton of snow! I love your fall decorations they are so cute:)
Chelcie of Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..Guest Post!

21 Shanna, like Banana October 28, 2011 at 10:56 am

I think all that snow is gorgeous! AND that means boots weather. Don’t be mad, but we’re still in the mid-70′s. ARgh. Soon enough I can whip out my Fall clothes.

Dinner party tonight and Halloween party tomorrow..what to be?!?!?

22 Courtney October 28, 2011 at 11:02 am

How about a sexy, prego fashionista? ;)

23 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 28, 2011 at 10:56 am

Ahhh it is so weird to see trees with leaves covered in snow! I think this is what we’ll be seeing in PA tomorrow!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..The Wedding: Pre-Ceremony

24 Chelsea @ Chelsea's Health October 28, 2011 at 11:13 am

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow! it has not snowed yet where I live in Canada. We were in the Rocky Mountains on the weekend and got less than 1cm. It is always a guessing game if we will get snow before Halloween, this year they are saying no snow for a few more weeks… which I am not complaining about at all.

My only plans this weekend include cleaning and organizing. Not very exciting at all.
Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Health recently posted..As promised

25 Lena @Fit on the Rocks October 28, 2011 at 11:25 am

Pumpkin Oatmeal has been my weekend staple for the last month, and I can’t get enough! No clue what I’m doing this weekend, but I’ll try to make it awesome :)
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Office Workout Challenge

26 Mila @ loftyappetite October 28, 2011 at 11:49 am

Oh my goodness!! As much as I miss my hometown of Rochester, NY this is what I don’t miss!

27 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! October 28, 2011 at 11:59 am

love that red color on your nails!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Damn You, YouTube

28 Danica @ It's Progression Not Perfection October 28, 2011 at 12:03 pm

This weekend is one of those “we just have no plans” kind of a weekend, and I love those! I’m hoping a date night will work its way in somewhere : ) Hope you have a great weekend!
Danica @ It’s Progression Not Perfection recently posted..Treasure of Wisdom #13

29 Pamela October 28, 2011 at 12:51 pm

I can’t believe how much snow you got! They are calling for about 2-4″ of snow in my area tomorrow. I am not ready for snow (what happened to fall?), and we were planning on going to outdoor outlets tomorrow. Those plans may have to change. We are celebrating my birthday early (Bday is Monday) this weekend, which includes Melting Pot! Yum!
Pamela recently posted..Pumpkin Sangria

30 Mary @ Bites and Bliss October 28, 2011 at 1:36 pm

LUCKY! It’s still so warm here! :(
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..Chocolate Meringue Crinkle Cookies

31 Janice- The Fitness Cheerleader October 28, 2011 at 1:58 pm

Weekend plans… I hope to find some picked over pumpkins, hollow them out, carve them & roast pumpkin seeds – hopefully the kids will help me ;)
Janice- The Fitness Cheerleader recently posted..Low-Fat Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies

32 Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled October 28, 2011 at 2:11 pm

We never see snow around here, but I don’t think I could stand the cold! I’m such a baby.
This weekend, my huband and I are playing golf and then going out to a nice dinner on Saturday. I’m looking forward to spending some time with my husband since he’s been working such long hours lately! I miss that guy.
Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled recently posted..10 Miles for 4 Slices

33 Kerry @ Half Healthy, Half Nuts October 28, 2011 at 3:43 pm

I just started watching American Horror Story! I watched the first two episodes On Demand and I have one more to catch up on. Wacky isn’t necessarily the word I would use to describe it. More like WHACK. It’s good though. I am completely intrigued by it, and freaked out at the same time. Is it me, or after you watch it do you feel really uneasy in your house?? I keep expecting rubber suit man or creepy Tate to pop around the corner or something. :)
Kerry @ Half Healthy, Half Nuts recently posted..Tootsie

34 Patricia Wallace October 28, 2011 at 11:32 pm

The choolate and banana looks sooooo good! We’ve bought the berry/banana ones and the kids love them!!! Thank for the offer!!!

35 Shannon October 29, 2011 at 11:06 pm

No plans unfortunately. :(

I hope you are having fun at your party!