Halloween Party Surprises

by Courtney on October 30, 2011

Snow or no snow, Jay and I decided yesterday afternoon that there was just no way that we were going to miss out on last night’s Halloween party! As it turns out, the snow wasn’t nearly as bad as they were predicting (surprise, surprise), so I’m SO glad we made the trip up.

As for our Halloween costumes? I gave you all a little hint early last week…but here ya have it!

The buff gym guy and his trainer…original, I know.

Well, in case you’ve never seen the Planet Fitness commercial, you may not totally get it, but Jay is his own version of that guy. I couldn’t quite convince him to wear the daisy duke-like shorts, but I thought this was just as fun.

The swimmies that I showed you all before were actually going to be his “muscles,” but that didn’t quite work out as we had hoped. Luckily, Jay ended up finding a puffy muscle shirt that worked even better is just that buff.

When it comes to Halloween costumes, I have one priority and that is comfort. No sexy, skimpy little numbers for me.

Costumes from last year AND the year before (yup, we recycled!)

2008 / 2007

HPIM1692583

So anyways, last night’s party was a blast as always, and even involved a super exciting surprise (I’ll get to that in a second). I seriously just love being around this crew of girls!

Joelle and Kyle were once again excellent hosts and put on a great party with plenty of good food to eat.

There was definitely plenty of snacking going on!

Some other fun costumes for the night…

Does anyone else remember watching Legends of the Hidden Temple? Steve and Eileen went as the Blue Barracudas!

IMG_9398IMG_9399

And it wasn’t only the adults who were dressed up last night…Joelle’s pug, Forrest, even got festive for the occasion.

Too cute, right?

Another fun costume duo was Kathryn and Paul, but there was a lot more fun going on than just their costumes…

They’re ENGAGED! Open-mouthed smile

Paul popped the question last night literally right before they got to the party and we were sooo excited to be able to find out the news in person (Joelle, Rachel, and myself have all had to make the phone calls). We are all so happy for those two. Congrats again, Paul & Kathy!

On another totally different note, this happened last night…

…and baby fever hit me immediately.

My man sure does look good holding the little ones, doesn’t he?

Oh boy. Winking smile

Question for the Morning:

What did you/are you dressing up as for Halloween this year?

1 Jackie @ That Deep Breath October 30, 2011 at 11:53 am

That party looks like so much fun!! Glad you guys had an awesome time! I don’t think I’m going to make it out for Halloween this year unfortunately, I’m really sick and have no energy to go out. Bummer!!
Jackie @ That Deep Breath recently posted..Pumpkin Butterscotch Chip Brownies

2 Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy October 30, 2011 at 11:54 am

Love the costumes! :) (and the baby! oh my goodness, cuteness!)

Congrats to your friends on the engagement! <3
Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy recently posted..Celiac Sprue and Going G-Free – Pamcakes Post

3 Khushboo October 30, 2011 at 11:57 am

Lovee your outfit, am SO with you about comfort over sexy! I dressed up as Kanye West last night, easiest outfit yet!
Khushboo recently posted..I am lazy

4 Kathy October 30, 2011 at 12:03 pm

WHOOO!!!! Awesome time last night!!! That baby is absolutely adorable ;) and Jay looks great holding him!!

5 Courtney October 30, 2011 at 12:11 pm

WOOOO HOOOO!!! Congrats again, Kathy!! Sooooo excited for you! :-D

6 Hope October 30, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Such a fun party! You and Jay looked great! :) That baby is too cute and Jay does look like a natural holding him.
Hope recently posted..A Snowy Fall Saturday…

7 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries October 30, 2011 at 12:18 pm

You guys look cute in your outfits! You sure do pull off the trainer look well! ;) And I totally agree with comfort when it comes to costumes! I’m not all about the skimpy stuff. Looks like a fun evening!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..The Largest Zucchinis I Have Ever Seen

8 Megan October 30, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Oh. My. Goodness. I LOVED Legends of the Hidden Temple! That was a genius costume!! Too funny. I also loved your Average Joes costume – that’s something I could convince my hubby to do :)
Megan recently posted..Being Versatile

9 Claire October 30, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Cute costumes! I bet you were cozy! I dressed up as Raggedy Ann…I was FREEZING but it was fun ;-)
Claire recently posted..Peacock Earring Video Tutorial

10 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles October 30, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Your two are cute– in fact, EACH couple is super cute! Congrats to your friends!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Fro-yo(U) & P.T. Conference week

11 Kathryn October 30, 2011 at 12:36 pm

I’m dressing up as “Mom who’s taking the kids trick or treating” lol

12 Mary @ Bites and Bliss October 30, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Cute costumes!! I wish we had dressed up…but Mike and I both happened to go broke the week of Halloween and couldn’t even afford a T-shirt to dress up. Boo. :(
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..The art of procrastination

13 Kristen @ notsodomesticated October 30, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Uh oh … Jay better watch out! Courtney has babies on the brain!! ;)

And I’m all about comfort, too. I never understood my friends who wore the skimpiest costumes possible. I just wouldn’t be comfortable. But hey, to each their own! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Dinner through the eyes of a child.

14 Kim @thefamilypractice October 30, 2011 at 1:46 pm

Legends of the Hidden Temple! Yes! Nick and I stayed up the other night watching Are You Afraid of the Dark marathon haha – I wasn’t allowed to watch that growing up and always snuck it! Man Nickolodean had some great shows lol
Kim @thefamilypractice recently posted..Pumpkin Curry

15 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign October 30, 2011 at 1:54 pm

Cute! I always get baby fever when I’m around little ones too–until they start screaming, haha.

I actually haven’t dressed up in so long–maybe I will this year though!
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Wedding Recap: Gift Opening

16 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen October 30, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Aw, super cute picture with the baby. My husband won’t even touch them until they’re about 2, they scare him! haha
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Cinnamon pear pancakes

17 Meg October 30, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Im dressing up as a flamingo!!! I am so excited!!
Meg recently posted..Pumped about Pumpkin

18 Chelcie of Chelcie's Food Files October 30, 2011 at 3:37 pm

love the costumes! last night I dressed up as a dog..except my costume was kind of lame compared to others..
love the pugs costume!
Chelcie of Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..Sunday Funday

19 Lindsey October 30, 2011 at 3:42 pm

I was a 1920s Flapper girl, it was probably my most favorite costume!
Adorable baby, we had a very cute little dragon at the party we went to last night and yes baby fever is a mutual feeling here :)
Lindsey recently posted..Did You Know!?

20 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy October 30, 2011 at 4:01 pm

I like your costumes! The Legends of the Hidden Temple idea was a good one too! I agree with you..I have to be comfy. I might dress up tomorrow for a work thing, but I have no idea what I’ll be yet. It looks like I might not be anything, unless I can pull something together quickly!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Casual Date Night

21 erica October 30, 2011 at 4:13 pm

i am sadly not dressing up this year :(
so sad. i miss the festivities!
you guys all look so cute!
erica recently posted..cats & dogs

22 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me October 30, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Very cute! I went as a flapper. It was fun but I totally agree with you on the skimpy costumes. I am totally over it.
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..The Past 24 Hours

23 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health October 30, 2011 at 5:55 pm

Aw you guys are so cute!! And I miss legends of the hidden temple!! I used to watch that show all the time!
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Winners – Rocco DiSpirito Book Giveaway

24 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile October 30, 2011 at 6:39 pm

What a cute idea!! The pug is adorable too :) Uh oh, baby soon!?

25 Mandee October 30, 2011 at 7:03 pm

I was going to be a Martian, but the snow cancelled all my fun last night :( oh well! I’ll just wear my purple fake eyelashes to work tomorrow ;)

That dog’s costume is adorable!!!!
Mandee recently posted..Spooky spidery candy corny cupcakes!

26 Amy October 30, 2011 at 7:09 pm

It looks like you all had such a fun night! Happy Halloween and I love your costumes, although I think that the little pug is definitely the winner for me :) Such a cutie :)
Amy recently posted..Happy Halloween

27 Camilla October 30, 2011 at 7:12 pm

you are so pretty! great costume :) i was an angel for my party! and lots of congratulations to your friends- so exciting!!! :D

28 Camilla October 30, 2011 at 7:14 pm

you’re gorgeous! love your costume :) i was an angel! lots of congrats to your friends- so exciting!!! :D

29 Camilla October 30, 2011 at 7:14 pm

sorry- double comment! :)

30 Courtney October 31, 2011 at 8:46 am

Thanks, Camilla :)

31 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 30, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Looks like a fun party! No Halloween parties for me this year, but I always had the idea of going as Lois Lane/Clark Kent with my husband because he’s a big Superman fan!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Snow Day

32 Caitlin October 30, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Oh man that pic of Jay with the baby is definitely adorable! I love the Hidden Temple outfits, someone did that at college last year and everyone loved it.
I was totally wrong about the lifeguards idea! But I’m sure you can see why I guessed that. Cute idea anyway!
Caitlin recently posted..Another Guest Post: The Actor’s Diet

33 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 30, 2011 at 9:51 pm

Congrats to your friend!! I always have baby fever – for real.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..adventures in babysitting

34 Courtney October 31, 2011 at 8:45 am

I totally thought about you when I was posting it ;)

35 Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga October 31, 2011 at 12:03 am

Awww, what fun costume pics!

Happy Halloween!!

36 Courtney October 31, 2011 at 8:45 am

Thanks Averie, you too!

37 Katie @ Plates and Paste October 31, 2011 at 10:57 am

We decided to veto Halloween this year…it’s been a crazy busy month and we didn’t have any energy to attend parties this weekend. Was going to dress up at work and be Rachel from Glee (since just about every day someone tells me I look like her) but no one else was dressing up! I didn’t want to be the sore thumb so no dressing up this year, which is kind of weird!

Still participating in scary movies and candy though :)
Katie @ Plates and Paste recently posted..Mish Mash Tuna Salad

38 Shannon October 31, 2011 at 5:14 pm

I was a farmer today at school- probably had the warmest costume there. :)

39 Mark from Best Halloween Videos August 14, 2012 at 3:44 am

Loved the great pictures in this post. Halloween is such a fun time for all to just let their hair down or take it up for that matter. My fav picture is the one of Forest the pug. Very cute. What will you wear this year?
Mark from Best Halloween Videos recently posted..Halloween Makeup – The Mad Hatter