Dinnertime Photo Shoot

by Courtney on October 31, 2011

Jay and I had a little bit of fun with Cody after dinner tonight, but first, let’s talk about this dinner…because it was fantastic.

Last week, I received one of the most amazing packages ever from the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, complete with an abundance of Newman’s Own products. I received two different varieties of sauce, including this Tomato & Basil Bombolina which we incorporated into tonight’s dinner.

I also received three varieties of dressing, including this Light Caesar variety. Jay had a salad with his dinner tonight and tested out the dressing; I also sampled a taste and we both agree that it gets a thumb’s up. It’s not creamy like you’re typical Caesar, but more like a vinaigrette with Caesar flavors. Deeeelish.

I have the other goods tucked away to try out later, after we use these two up.

In addition to the sauces and dressings, I also received a coupon for a free frozen pizza, as well as this Flip video camcorder. I haven’t gotten a chance to try it out yet, but I’m pretty excited to give it a whirl. Any requests for the next vlog?? (I already know yours, Brenda!)

flip video camcorder

Thanks so much to Newman’s Own and the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program for offering such a great opportunity!

*****

So anyways, back to this awesome dinner. Last week, I ended up buying a small spaghetti squash thinking that I would make another batch of my Stuffed Spaghetti Squash.

However, by the time tonight rolled around, I really just felt like keeping things easy, so I nixed the stuffed squash and simply used it as a spaghetti substitute, topped with sautéed peppers and onions, steamed broccoli, sauce, and grated Romano cheese.

spaghetti squash pasta

The sauce was actually a combination of the Newman’s Own sauce and some leftovers of my homemade sauce, so I was psyched to see that there was still a homemade meatball left in the batch. I love my homemade meatballs! (<—P.S. – Mom, if you’re reading, we’re down to one container in the freezer…it’s almost time to make some more!)

So now, after dinner. That’s when the fun began.

Cody had been lurking around our feet all during dinner, waiting for somebody to play fetch with him. Once we finally finished eating and were just catching up on our days, we decided to have him come and join us at the table.

And that’s when Cody’s photo shoot began…

I think someone was trying to play a little nonchalant at first…

…but then he started warming up to the camera.

Eventually the fetch toy was brought up and he was alllll about fun and games.

Needless to say, we definitely had a few good laughs at dinner tonight. Smile

Now, I’m about to go end the evening the best way possible by snuggling up in my cozies and enjoying a nice big bowl of Cranberry Apple Crisp. YUM!

So far, we’ve only  had two trick-or-treaters, so I’m thinking that a) it’s going to be a quiet night, and b) Jay and I are going to have some Skittles to eat up. I think it’s a good thing I didn’t buy as much as I did last year!

Question for the Evening:

What were (are?) your top three kinds of candy you would always hope for in your trick-or-treat bag?

Mine were (in order): 100 Grand, Twix, and Nestle Crunch. Eventually, once I learned to like peanuts, Snickers inched their way into the top three.

1 Sara October 31, 2011 at 7:38 pm

awww your kitty is adorable!! He could be a model ;) I have two kitties and they are always rubbing against our legs when we are eating dinner!
Sara recently posted..Speed Workout

2 Care @HealthierGirl October 31, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Top three candies?
– Smarties
– Nerds
– And, anything my father wouldn’t steal … which wasn’t much! :)

We had a neighbor who would make HUGE sugar cookies shaped like pumpkins and those were great!!
Care @HealthierGirl recently posted..Halloween Frustration

3 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles October 31, 2011 at 7:49 pm

Fun!! I posted my Newman’s Own vlog last week. It was my first time sharing a video, and I was nervous – but I really enjoyed it. Can’t wait to see what you come up with! :)
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..The Great Cinnamon Roll Debate

4 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine October 31, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Milky ways, Twix and 100 Grand. In that order. I wish I had some candy now….
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Target 20938012938, Lauren -23049823

5 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles October 31, 2011 at 7:53 pm

That is some *amazing* loot! The flip video recorder! WOW! …. Can’t wait to see the next vlog!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Yep, I went there…. *Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream*!

6 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen October 31, 2011 at 8:05 pm

I used that tomato basil sauce the day it came, it was so good!
Top 3…Reese’s pb cups, kit kats, twix in that order :)
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Philadelphia half marathon training: week 7

7 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 31, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Can I have a top 4? Reeses, Snickers, Twix, & Butterfingers!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..The Wedding: Ceremony

8 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries October 31, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Yummy looking dinner!! I love Newman’s Own products.

My top 3 favorite candies I would always hope for were: Reese’s PB Cups, Snickers, and Butterfingers.
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..A Love-Hate Relationship

9 Lindsey October 31, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Oh Henry bars, Smarties and Swedish Berries!
Lindsey recently posted..Happy Halloween!

10 Erica October 31, 2011 at 8:54 pm

1. kit kat
2. twix
3. peanut butter cups!
Erica recently posted..a trip down halloween lane

11 Chelcie of Chelcie's Food Files October 31, 2011 at 9:03 pm

I love newmans own products! Their ceaser dressing has always been a staple in my house, I’m so excited that now they are going to have a light version of it!
Chelcie of Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..Baked Pasta with Zucchini

12 Lindsay @ biking before bed October 31, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Get excited about that raspberry walnut dressing. It’s seriously incredible. My favorites were peanut m&ms, baby ruths, and skittles.
Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..October Foodie Penpal

13 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill October 31, 2011 at 9:52 pm

I loved peanut butter cups, cookies and cream, and heath bars!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..From Michael Jackson to Disco Girl

14 Emily October 31, 2011 at 9:58 pm

That dinner looks awesome! It’s been a while since I’ve made a spaghetti squash and I definitely need to have one soon! My fav childhood candies were Reese’s cups, M&M and 3 Musketeers! These days I go for dark chocolate and Sweedish Fish :)
Emily recently posted..Happy Halloween!!!

15 Danica @ It's Progression Not Perfection October 31, 2011 at 10:18 pm

I always looked for KitKats, Snickers, and Reese’s when I was a kid…I’ve always been a chocolate lover apparently…but now I’d rather have a homemade cookie or a piece of dark chocolate : )
Danica @ It’s Progression Not Perfection recently posted..My Halloween

16 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile October 31, 2011 at 10:32 pm

He is soo cute!! I love taking pictures of my pet. Cody’s totally a model ;D
I would always hope for lollipops, the colorful tootsie rolls, and reeses? I don’t know but definitely some sort of chocolate!

17 Alexa @ SimpleEats October 31, 2011 at 11:08 pm

I always wanted Twix or Reese’s…nothing’s changed!
Alexa @ SimpleEats recently posted..Pumpkin Chili

18 Mallory @ It's Only Life October 31, 2011 at 11:18 pm

twix, kit kat, and milky way midnight (a rarity!) were what i hoped for! :)

cody is too cute.
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Happy Thanksgiving?

19 Khushboo November 1, 2011 at 12:36 am

That Light Raspberry & Walnut dressing sounds amazing!
Khushboo recently posted..Happy Holla-ween

20 Jess@atasteofconfidence November 1, 2011 at 1:50 am

Such cute pictures.

Reese’s, Twix, and M&Ms.
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..babies, buns, and bananas

21 Heather November 1, 2011 at 7:46 am

1.) Reese’s
2.) Snickers
3.) Mounds (My friends would always give me theirs because they hated coconut! Silly friends.)

Your dinner looks divine. And Cody is so stinking adorable!
Heather recently posted..Trying New Foods

22 Hope November 1, 2011 at 8:04 am

I got the flip video camera too! I can’t wait to use it! :)

Cody is so cute! I love his photo shoot. Reese’s, Twix, and Kit Kat were my favorites! We didn’t get any trick or treaters this year, just like last year. It’s sad.
Hope recently posted..A Roasted Favorite…

23 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine November 1, 2011 at 8:14 am

Reese’s, Butterfingers and Hershey’s bars. All this talk of candy on blogs this morning makes me wish I’d dressed up as a little kid and gone trick-or-treating last night.
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Magnolia Bakery

24 Ashley @ Good Taste Healthy Me November 1, 2011 at 10:14 am

LOL I absolutely love this. Cody is so adorable!
Ashley @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Trick or Treat

25 Ari @ Ari's Menu November 1, 2011 at 10:33 am

That looks almost exactly like my dinner from last night!!! My fav candies were butterfinger, peanut butter pumpkins, and twix. If I were to choose now though, I’d go for a dark chocolate or pb snickers every time.
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..Massages Necessary

26 Kim @thefamilypractice November 1, 2011 at 11:36 am

That raspberry walnut vinagrette is one of our favorites! I make a simple salad of spinach, feta, cranberries and chopped walnuts with that dressing. It’s the only salad I can get Nick to eat!
We also have a flip and we love it. Enjoy your fun gifts! They’re awesome :)
Kim @thefamilypractice recently posted..Pumpkin Curry

27 Courtney S. November 1, 2011 at 4:50 pm

I so love the Cody pics!! He definitely knows how to work the camera!

I also tried spaghetti-squash-in-place-of-spaghetti recently, and was pleasantly surprised. It certainly isn’t pasta, but it’s filling and it nicely takes on the flavor of the sauce.

28 Shannon November 1, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Hershey’s Bars & Kisses, and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Those weren’t usually in my trick-or-treat bag. :(

Whoppers were. Yuck! Those things can break your teeth out.

Cody is so cute!