Bargain Shopping Success

by Courtney on November 2, 2011

Good evening, friends!

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I may actually get out of work a little earlier than normal tonight, which would be amazing, so I can get home to see my favorite Wednesday night shows. I’m telling you…if you aren’t already watching The Middle and/or Modern Family, you are totally missing out!

Some Eats

Last night, I put together a big veggie-loaded salad to bring with me today, which ended up working well around dinner time tonight.

In the mix: romaine lettuce, cukes, yellow grape tomatoes, red bell peppers, corn, onion, pickles, leftover beets, and goat cheese, which all got topped with a generous helping of pineapple-peach salsa. It was amazing.

Some of the rest of today’s eats included some peanut butter and banana-topped rice cakes (recycled photo),

and, of course, one of these. Okay, maybe two. ;)

On another note, I realized that I never shared the new goodies that I got when I went shopping last Friday with my mom at Old Navy.

Here’s the loot:

1. Cowl Neck Poncho Sweater
  2. Flutter Top Tank
  3. Blue Printed Tank
  4. Black-White Dolman-Sleeve Top
  5. Black Pleated Tie-Neck Top
  6. Roll-Over Wide Leg Lounge Pant
  7. Blue/Grey Striped 3/4-Sleeve Top (couldn’t find on the website)

By the time all was said and done, I’d say that it turned out to be a pretty successful trip, wouldn’t you?

Bargain shopping success!

The total for everything you see there was right around $75.00, which I was ecstatic about. Plus, I now have $30.00 in Super Cash to spend within the next coming weeks. Luckily, I left a few things behind on Friday that I’ll be able to check for when I go back. Or, I suppoooooose I could do a little Christmas shopping. We’ll see how it goes. ;)

Alrighty folks, gotta jet…looks like it’s time to head home! WOOT!

Question for the Evening:

What stores do you tend to find the best deals/bargains at? Do you work hard to try and find good bargains when shopping?

1 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries November 2, 2011 at 7:41 pm

I love your new buys!
Old Navy is a great place to get bargains!! I also love Forever 21 and Target to find great deals. Ross and TJ Maxx is great too!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW {What I Ate Wednesday} #7: What I Really Ate TODAY

2 Pamela November 2, 2011 at 7:41 pm

I was actually just on the Old Navy website last night and thinking how they have such cute fall/winter clothes! Good finds! Forever 21 is one of my go-to stores for bargains, but Express is definitely my favorite! I try to find deals because I am a poor grad student! :)
Pamela recently posted..Grad School Senioritis

3 Erica November 2, 2011 at 7:51 pm

i love forever 21 for a good deal!

i did however, find a good deal at banana republic this weekend where the entire store was 40% off! i got a great trench coat (petite size too!) for 40% off!
Erica recently posted..a trip down halloween lane

4 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 2, 2011 at 7:57 pm

I love to shop for basics at Target! Old Navy is great for that too! I also like to hit up the outlets that are by me!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Pinterest

5 Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy November 2, 2011 at 8:08 pm

I find the best deals at Marshall’s and TJ Maxx almost always! I also find some obscure awesome food finds at Big Lots! They have Bob’s Red Mill products for SUPER cheap.
Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy recently posted..The Thankful Challenge (WIAW)

6 Courtney S. November 3, 2011 at 10:37 am

Funny you mention that, I’ve noticed that Big Lots has A TON of Bob’s products! Random, but cool!

7 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 2, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Love old navy! I usually get a lot of good deals at Kohl’s or JC Penney’s!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..unfried green tomatoes

8 Alysha @Shesontherun.com November 2, 2011 at 9:49 pm

I’ve found some great stuff at the goodwill in my town. Lucky brand jeans with the tags still on them for $10. Gap khakis for $4. Thrift stores are underrated! But I also love TJMaxx and Marhsalls for chain stores.
Alysha @Shesontherun.com recently posted..Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese

9 Lindsey November 2, 2011 at 10:21 pm

That is a awesome deal! I love Old Navy for deals! My favorite store is RW&Co but I almost never buy things at full price there. I wait till they go on sale (seems to be every 6 weeks or so) and then I watch Twitter because they’ll have one day sales with an extra 40% off all sale items :)
Lindsey recently posted..November Goals!

10 Laura @ Backstage Pass November 2, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Cute new clothes! I love Old Navy. My only complaint is that none of my local stores seem to carry the pet outfits / accessories anymore!
Laura @ Backstage Pass recently posted..I like it, I love it, I want some more of it

11 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill November 2, 2011 at 11:11 pm

I will splurge on quality products, but will not pay full price for something at a store like Old Navy. Don’t get me wrong, I love Old Navy, but I feel like their price point has risen. I’ve seen some expensive stuff there lately!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Nordstrom Sale Lunatic

12 Hope November 3, 2011 at 6:52 am

I love what you got from Old Navy! I definitely need to go there and see what they have! I love browsing their clearance racks. The last time I checked, I ended up getting 2 pairs of really nice jeans for $6 total! Not a bad deal if you ask me! :)
Hope recently posted..I Can See Clearly Now, The Rain Is Goneā€¦

13 Jodi November 3, 2011 at 8:49 am

That’s a great bargain! I love how Old Navy always incorporates the latest styles, but keeps prices nice and low. I like everything you got!
Jodi recently posted..Back in the Saddle

14 Ashley @ Good Taste Healthy Me November 3, 2011 at 9:32 am

I went shopping this weekend and got 4 new sweaters and a pair of leggings for $69! I was so pumped! I am a total bargain shopper. I love going to Marshalls, TJ Maxx, and Kohls. I can find so much good loot there and never buy anything full price. Clearance, here I come!
Ashley @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..October Recap and November Goals

15 Nicole November 3, 2011 at 9:40 am

Nice finds! I think I need to hit up Old Navy… haven’t been there in forever!

16 Crystal Coppel November 3, 2011 at 11:47 am

I LOVE Modern Family!! My brother and Mom turned me onto The Middle last year and I just LOVE that show too! Wednesday night has lots of laughs going on! Awesome score on stuff at Old Navy!

17 Kim @thefamilypractice November 3, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Courtney did you see that there is a friends and family sale through nov 8? its 30% off so maybe you can get the other stuff you wanted too :)
Its online and in stores. The online code is ONFRIENDS
Kim @thefamilypractice recently posted..FAQ

18 Shannon November 3, 2011 at 6:40 pm

I love The Middle & Modern Family- they’re the shows that I only watch on Wednesdays.

I find good deals sometimes at Macy’s & JcPenney’s. Macy’s ALWAYS has a One Day Sale like, every day, pretty much and JcPenney’s has some great clothes. I love American Eagle & Old Navy but only like to spend money if the stuff that I like is on sale. If not, forget it! Nice savings, by the way. :) And I love the stuff you bought.