Total Let Down

by Courtney on November 2, 2011

All day yesterday, I had one thing on my mind…pancakes.

The night before, Jay and I decided that we’d make Tuesday night a breakfast for dinner night, because you guys know how I love my pancakes. So all day, I had pancakes on the brain; did I want them with chocolate chips? Bananas? Pumpkin?

The best part was, I wasn’t even going to be in charge of the cooking. Jay was going to take care of everything, using our favorite pancake recipe. So here I was, envisioning coming home, relaxing in my cozies, and just waiting for a nice big ‘ol stack of pancakes to be served to me.

Well wouldn’t you know it, Jay got called out for work and I didn’t get my pancakes. Gosh darn it. It was a total let down. I had been looking forward to them for over 24 hours, and then…nothing.

Since I hadn’t planned on doing any cooking last night, I really wasn’t about to, especially since it was only me I was feeding. So I put together a lame-o peanut butter, pumpkin, and banana sandwich instead.

The sandwich really wasn’t doin’ it for me so I decided to finish up with one last night that could hopefully salvage my evening…

A nice big ‘ol bowl of Cranberry Apple Crisp with light vanilla ice cream, caramel, and some Love Grown Foods granola. I suppose that if I couldn’t have pancakes, this was most definitely a suitable substitute.

And once Jay got home, he finished up the last of it. Yup, it took the two of us all of three days to polish that stuff off. We’re animals, I tell you. Animals! Winking smile

*****

Workout

This morning, I was literally *this close* to just shutting off the alarm and skipping my workout, but I knew I’d regret it later, so after the fourth slam of the snooze button, I finally rolled out of bed and headed down to the treadmill.

Today was devoted to cardio, and I ended up running a little over 4 miles by doing intervals of 5 minutes @ 7.0mph and 1 minute recover @ 4.5mph. Wooo Hooo for “long runs” of 4 miles!

Breakfast

Hey, guess what? I’m stuck on a new breakfast again. Oy vey.

This whole egg + cheese + raspberry jam on an English muffin is the real deal. I’m actually shocked at just how many days in the past couple of weeks I’ve incorporated eggs into what is usually a sweet breakfast for me. Either way, I’m rollin’ with it!

I also had a small banana,

and my inevitable mug-o-joe…with a side of the camera hog.

This morning I have a dentist appointment to go to (BLECH!) and then I’m headed to a long day of work. Wednesdays aren’t so bad though, since I get to hang out with mi madre for part of the day. Smile

Be on the lookout for a decadent recipe headed your way this afternoon…I may not have been in the mood to cook last night, but I was definitely in the mood to bake!

Here’s a little teaser for ya…

Any guesses?

Here’s a hint…pumpkin, caramel, chocolate.

Questions for the Morning:

WOULD YOU RATHER:

• Go to the dentist –OR- go to the doctor?
  • Have one of your parents be your boss for work –OR- you be the boss of one of your parents at work?
  • Eat cookies in cookie form –OR- eat cookies in bar form?

1 Khushboo November 2, 2011 at 9:47 am

I think tomorrow morning should involve some pancakes…better late than never!
Khushboo recently posted..Done & dusted

2 Andrea @ Onion in My Hair November 2, 2011 at 9:48 am

I’d be more bummed about the fact that he was going to make dinner for you…and then you had to make it yourself! ;)
Andrea @ Onion in My Hair recently posted..WIAW: Where My Apples At?

3 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! November 2, 2011 at 9:51 am

Dentist for sure!
& I think I would rather be the boss of one of my parents annnd
cookies in cookie form! though those bars look amazing! :)
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Keepin’ It Classy

4 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy November 2, 2011 at 9:51 am

These are hard!…but I will say…dentist, one of my parents be my boss, and cookies in bar form
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Tis the Season… for November Goals

5 Kristin November 2, 2011 at 9:51 am

I’d way rather go to the doctor than the dentist!
As for a parent being my boss– my mom actually WAS my boss for 3 years! I hated it b/c people thought I got special treatment, when in fact I think she was harder on me than most. Calling in “sick” was the worst.. : “Why?? what’s wrong, you should come in any way, stop using up your sick time!”
Even funnier, she retired and came back as an hourly employee so technically I am above her now!
Annnd, cookies in bar form for sure!! :-)
Now I want pancakes!!

6 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life November 2, 2011 at 9:54 am

I wish there was a button I could press and have that apple crisp come out of my printer ready to eat.

I absolutely hate the dentist and have yet to find a dentist I like. The last one I went to told me that she could use a laser to cut the underside of my tongue to increase my tongue movement. Needless to say I politely passed on that offer.

I like cookies in every form possible. Like there is anyone who would pass on a cookie because it wasn’t in the right form. And if there is, they are crazy!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Frankenbaby does Halloween

7 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles November 2, 2011 at 9:56 am

Total bummer…. HATE when food is a let down, it doesn’t happen often but when it does, it is a bummer!
Go to the doctor for sure- Have one of my parents be my boss. I don’t want toboss my parents. They are too good for me and I know it! :)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Cold Season Tip— Sore nose season fix…

8 Hope November 2, 2011 at 9:59 am

Those bars look amazing! I cannot wait for you to post the recipe! :)

I’d rather go to the doctor. I absolutely despise the dentist with a passion! I hate going there.

I would rather be the boss of one of my parents.

I love cookies in any way shape or form.
Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: The Shoes!…

9 Shannon @ Healthiful Balance November 2, 2011 at 10:02 am

I rather go to the doctor than the dentist. I DO NOT like going to the dentist at all!
Shannon @ Healthiful Balance recently posted..Breakfast for Lunch

10 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen November 2, 2011 at 10:03 am

I can’t wait for that bar recipe! It’s such a let down when you get all excited for a certain food and then don’t end up having it. :( Good luck at the dentist, I’d rather go to the doctor any day than the dentist!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Reese’s has nothing on me

11 AnnetteCook November 2, 2011 at 10:04 am

Dentist without doubt although doctors is usually cheaper ;)
Be the boss of my parents – that would be really fun!!
Cookies in bar form. Because you totally swung it with that delicious photo right there :)
AnnetteCook recently posted..Catching up(in shame)

12 Marla November 2, 2011 at 10:12 am

I need to make an appt. at my dentist – your post just reminded me, thanks! :-)

I love cookies in ALL forms haha!!
Marla recently posted..Hello world!

13 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance November 2, 2011 at 10:16 am

Pumpkin caramel chocolate blondies!?

Eh, it was worth a shot ;)
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Conflicting Genres & October Favorites

14 Lena @Fit on the Rocks November 2, 2011 at 10:18 am

I actually really enjoy going to the dentist, so I would rather go there than the doctor’s office, especially during that one fun time of the year. Not sure about the parents, but I sure do like cookies no matter what form they’re in ;)
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..The Sunny Side of Things

15 Jillian D. November 2, 2011 at 10:21 am

That recipe looks sooo decadent!!

1. I would rather go to the dentist – I love getting my teeth cleaned!
2. I’ve worked with my dad. He wasn’t my boss per say but he was one of the managers in the office. I loved it- hello free lunches!
3. Cookies in cookie form! The real deal :)

16 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries November 2, 2011 at 10:21 am

I hate the dentist! I went last week and she was trying to give me a tutorial on how to bruch my teeth. Lady, I’m 24 – I have no cavities and my teeth are pretty white. Shut it.
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..My Princess Boy

17 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun November 2, 2011 at 10:21 am

Here’s a hint for you – pumpkin, caramel, and chocolate. I am THERE! Have a great day!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Concerned

18 Ashlee November 2, 2011 at 10:25 am

Sorry to hear you did not get your pancakes :(
I cannot wait for your recipe later… I have been wanting to make something with pumpkin but have not found anything appealing yet

I would rather…
~go to the dentist – I love the feeling of cleaned teeth
~Have my parents be the boss
~Either form is good… The bars tend to be gooeier (sp?) in my opinion yum :)

19 Danica @ It's Progression Not Perfection November 2, 2011 at 10:30 am

-I’m really not a fan of any medical appointments, but I’d choose doctor if I had to pick one. Just the smell alone of the dentist office makes me nauseous.
-I’d rather my mom be my boss than be her boss….that’s an interesting question though!
-cookies in bar form.
Danica @ It’s Progression Not Perfection recently posted..It’s a Boy! & the Be Thankful Challenge

20 Cherie @ Cherie Runs This November 2, 2011 at 10:33 am

And now I’m going to need pancakes for dinner STAT. I recently bought a waffle maker and have been going crazy with waffle overload, so now it’s time for pancakes! Hmmm…I actually like going the dentist so I’ll pick that! My teeth magically grew perfectly straight and they’re the favorite part of my body! :-D I’d rather my dad be my boss. He owns his own barbershop {has since 1955 actually!} and it’s a fun place. Just like the Barbershop movies!! I won’t turn down a cookie in any form, but I’ll go with just the standard. Although those bars look awesome!
Cherie @ Cherie Runs This recently posted..Remember Remember, The Goal-Setting of November

21 Shanna, Like Banana November 2, 2011 at 10:33 am

Dentist, me be the boss, cookie in cookie form (I think)

Tonight my hubby and I are having date night and are going to our fave diner where they currently have *carrot cake* pancakes — you better believe I’m getting those!
Shanna, Like Banana recently posted..WIAW: everything I ate

22 Care @HealthierGirl November 2, 2011 at 10:36 am

Ugh. I am so sorry you didn’t get your pancakes. :(

I LOVE my dentist so I would rather see him any day; although, my doctor isn’t all that bad either!
I would rather have a parent as a boss.
And, I prefer large cookies … I don’t care much about bar or otherwise… (bigger is definitely better here).
Care @HealthierGirl recently posted..Back At It

23 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries November 2, 2011 at 10:38 am

Mmmm looking forward to your recipe, it sounds amazing!

I’d rather:
-Go to the dentist over the doctor. I surprisingly don’t mind the dentist.
-Have my parents be the boss of me. I think it’d too awkward if I was the boss of my parents.
-Eat cookies in bar form. Bars are usually thicker and chewier!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..November Goals

24 Tina November 2, 2011 at 10:45 am

Definately the Doctor for me. Although I have never had a cavity I just don’t like the dentist!

I would definately love to be my parents boss!

Cookie form for me please : )
Tina recently posted..Not What It Seems

25 Lindsey November 2, 2011 at 10:52 am

Doctor, I despise the dentist!
Have my parents as a boss I think?!
Cookies in cookie form :)
Lindsey recently posted..Happy Halloween!

26 Jess@atasteofconfidence November 2, 2011 at 10:52 am

Definitely doctor, I hate the dentist.
Be the boss of a parent.
Cookies in cookie form!

27 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 2, 2011 at 11:03 am

Aw man, what a bummer. BUT, you did give me an idea for what to eat while my husband is away tonight! I bought a pancake mix at Trader Joe’s a while ago & haven’t dug into it yet!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..The Wedding: Reception, Part 1

28 Kim @thefamilypractice November 2, 2011 at 11:04 am

Pumpkin AND caramel?? I am sold!
Kim @thefamilypractice recently posted..Working Mommy Wednesday: A New Routine

29 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine November 2, 2011 at 11:12 am

Call me crazy, but I love bar cookies the best!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..WIAW – Dia De Los Muertos Style

30 Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled November 2, 2011 at 11:42 am

Those bars look amazing, especially with caramel oozing everywhere. Yum!
I love bars. So many times they’re gooey in the middle which I love in a cookie. Can’t wait to read this recipe!
Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled recently posted..First What I Ate Wednesday of November

31 Becky @ Fit Chick on the Fly November 2, 2011 at 11:48 am

I have a dentist appointment today too! Yuuuuuk! I hate the sound of that drill thingy they put in your mouth. And why do dentists always talk to you when they have their hands in your mouth? Do they really expect me to answer with my mouth full of fingers?!
Becky @ Fit Chick on the Fly recently posted..Bring it on November

32 Cat @Breakfast to Bed November 2, 2011 at 12:09 pm

dentists and lady doctors are my least favorite things ever. I really don’t want staring at any of my orifices that long.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Peeing on a Pedophile’s Lap

33 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss November 2, 2011 at 12:24 pm

UGH, I’d prefer the doctor any day.
and obviously, since they were MY boss for so many years, I’d love to be one of my parents’ bosses at work. ;)
..and hmm.. I’m in the mood to take my cookies in bar form after seeing that picture. gimme! :-D
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..Scrappy Marathoner

34 Liz @ Tip Top Shape November 2, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Ooohhh post that recipe now!!!!!!! It looks amazing!! Totally with you on not liking the dentist. It makes my mouth hurt and the dentist always tries to talk to me–which is very awkward when your mouth is pulled this and that way. Not fun.
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Pasta with Squash and Honey Cinnamon Compote Butter

35 Lauren November 2, 2011 at 12:31 pm

You can just stop there…those 3 ingredients are heaven! Nothing more is needed. :) Can’t wait for the recipe.
Lauren recently posted..Off Day

36 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 2, 2011 at 12:50 pm

I would rather go to the doctor. I hate having my teeth poked at! It hurts!

We are having breakfast for dinner tonight – can’t wait!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..pumped with protein

37 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill November 2, 2011 at 1:08 pm

Bummer about the pancakes! I hate when I can’t satisfy a craving, but I can never turn down ice cream!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Nordstrom Sale Lunatic

38 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats November 2, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Pancakes for dinner are the best!! I would rather go to the dentist, be the boss of one of my parents, and eat my cookies in cookie form. I love the crispy edges yet perfectly soft middle of a cookie! :)
Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..wiaw #12

39 Erica November 2, 2011 at 3:19 pm

1. doctor. i just went to the dentist…i hate the dentist! lol.
2. my parents are my boss at work…i think it’s better that way. lol
3. i’ll eat a cookie in any form!!!
Erica recently posted..a trip down halloween lane

40 Ari @ Ari's Menu November 2, 2011 at 3:44 pm

I actually don’t mind the doctor when the wait isn’t bad, but I HATE the dentist! I’d always rather be the boss and I like cookies more often than not in cookie form. Whatever you made looks delicious!
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..Cardio, Cardio, But Not a Dumbell in Sight

41 Shannon November 2, 2011 at 4:30 pm

I would rather go to the doctor, be the boss of one of my parents, and eat cookies in cookie form.

Aren’t cookies supposed to look like them? However, I do love bar form as well. It doesn’t matter.

42 Katie @ Plates and Paste November 3, 2011 at 12:00 am

Dentist(I hate shots). Parent as the boss. Cookie form :)
Katie @ Plates and Paste recently posted..Carbalicious

43 Jodi November 3, 2011 at 8:52 am

Doesn’t everyone dread the dentist’s chair? Maybe you and Jay can have pancake-supper tonight!
Jodi recently posted..Back in the Saddle

44 Rebecca November 3, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Aw hope you can reschedule your pancake dinner date soon! I’d rather go to the doctor anyday-I find it oddly relaxing in a way. Oddly, one of my parents IS kind of my boss. I’d rather it be that way than the other way around though.