A Healthy Decision

Ahhhhhhhh……it’s amazing how much better I feel when I actually get 8+ hours of sleep!

Last night before going to bed, I made the decision to skip out on today’s usual BodyPump class in favor of some extra zzz’s. I haven’t really been loving the use of the old track in BP lately, and I knew that my body was craving the extra sleep more than it was the iron pumping. I’m pretty sure it was probably the best decision I’ve made all week. Well, except maybe for these.

To be honest, it hasn’t been easy to stick with my goal of getting to bed earlier and getting my 8 hours every night. Some days I’m all about extra sleep, but other days, I’m all about extra QT with my boys. That being said, I’m thinking that this will be a good month to really focus on it. November and December tend to be the craziest months for me (and many of you, too, I’m sure), so if I’m looking at how I want to try to stick with healthy habits during the holidays, sleep definitely needs to be included. Nobody wants to deal with a sleep-deprived, crabby Courtney…trust me!

Breakfast

Yup. Still workin’ through those English muffins…

Today’s English muffin went sans eggs and cheese but included peanut butter, banana slices, cinnamon, honey, and chia seeds. I hadn’t done this combo in a while, so it was quite tasty.

*****

Deals & Steals on Home Décor? Yes, please!

I’m tellin’ you guys – I end up getting more fun and interesting information from watching Good Morning America in the mornings than I do any other program.

Well this morning, they had on a segment that included deals on some awesome items to enhance the kitchen and home, and I ended up coming across a few that I just had to share.

1. Sticks and Stones: Personalized Alphabet Photo Keepsakes - 50% OFF w/ promo code GMA.

About two years ago, I was at a craft show and ended up buying one of my own and I absolutely LOVE it.

Personalized Alphabet Photo Keepsake

I’ve gotten quite a few inquiries on where I bought it and get compliments on it ALL the time. They can get a bit pricey, which is why I kept ours small; but with a promo code of 50% off, you might be able to find some great deals. I think this would make a perfect gift!

2. Chalkboard China: Chalk-Friendly Tableware and Gifts50% OFF w/ promo code GMA.

chalkboard paint platesource

There are SO many cute ideas on this site! I love the look of chalkboard paint, as I’ve shown you guys before, but in case DIY isn’t really your thing, this site has some great stuff that would make for some awesome gift ideas (and wedding ideas, too!).

There’s a ton of other awesome deals on the GMA site, so definitely go check ‘em out!

(P.S.- no affiliation here – I wish – just sharing the wealth) Winking smile

*****

Alrighty folks, it’s about time to go get ready for that little thing called work. Catch ya later!

Questions for the Morning:

How much sleep did YOU get last night?

How early do you start your holiday shopping?

Do you enjoy buying home décor or do you dread it?

Comments

I slept about 7.5 hours, could have slept another 45 minutes or so but I decided to wake up :)
    I start my holiday shopping in September and like to finish in November. I absolutely DREAD going into stores after December 1st. I am about 70% done right now!
    Love being home decor! After 4 years in our house I have finally started to slow down buying it, and feel like the house is fairly complete finally!
    Lindsey recently posted..November Goals!

Good for you to get in some extra needed sleep! I definitely did NOT get enough sleep last night. It wasn’t because I went to bed late either, which frustrates me even more. I went to bed at 10:30 with my alarm clock set for 6:30 this morning (my normal sleeping schedule). Sadly, my husband had to wake up at 4:30 am for an extra early job he had to get to for work. Usually I am able to fall back asleep when his alarm goes off that early, but not this morning. My mind immediately started racing and for whatever reason my stomach was growling, so I ended up just getting up. Needless to say, it’s going to make for a long day! ;)
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Why Do YOU Exercise?

I fell asleep with my son last night while putting him to bed so I ended up with 10+ hours of sleep which was too much and I actually woke up feeling groggy. You can never win!
    I’ve already started looking for gift ideas and know what I want to get for some people on my list. I still haven’t made any purchases though.
    I looooove home decor. I could spend hours in places like home goods and pier 1. I can’t wait til I have my own house so I can go all out on the decor!
    Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Frankenbaby does Halloween

I got 7.5 hours last night! I wake up at 5 every morning so I’m usually more than ready for bed come 9/930. The only bummer when an early bedtime is I miss all the good shows! Going to rely on reruns to get me through Top Chef: Texas :)
    Kayla @ Sprouty Buns recently posted..Where I Find Warmth

I got about 8 hours last night. I wasn’t feeling well so I went to bed early.

I usually start my Christmas shopping early but am always scrabbling around at the end! How does that happen every year?!? haha

I don’t have a house right now but we are currently hunting for one. I can’t wait to start decorating! I’ve been all over Pinterest lately so thanks for these tips!
    Marla recently posted..Thankful Thursday

Yay for extra sleep! Last night I think I got around 7.5 hours…wish I got 8 though!!!
    I have never tried chia seeds as “sprinkles” before but now I really want to! :D
    Oh the joys of Holiday shopping…I have made my list of what I am going to get people AND what I want!
    Jess @ Jess Go Bananas recently posted..Early Xmas Gift

This is something I have been really struggling with! I just moved in with my fiance and have been so bad at going to bed on time! He works 10-7 and I work 9-5 so we stays up later than me. I have found myself wanting to stay up and spend time with him, but a crappy fiance is not a very happy one! Must got to bed on time tonight!!!

My uncle has letters like that up at his cabin that spell out his last name and I love them! I’ve checked them out at some places and they are expensive, someday when I have a real house though I’m going to get some :)
    Mac recently posted..Fitness Challenges

I love when you share the GMA segments! I am currently trying to fill up some empty wall space so these ideas really caught my eye. I went to that website, but then I thought i’d check on etsy first! I have to share that you can get the same thing on etsy for a quarter of the price! they are in the $20-$50 range (depending on size). just search “alphabet letters photography” and there are a ton of sellers! just thought I’d share in case anyone else loved it as much as me!
    Mila @ loftyappetite recently posted..Pinterest projects

I only got about 6 hours last night….believe it or not, that is good for me. But, I’m feeling it today. Guess the weekend will be spent catching up on some zzzz’s.

I love home decor shopping & decorating. nesting is fun..and since my home is my haven, I treat it as such!

I’m not doing the traditional holiday shopping route…just gonna make people some fun holiday treats…I can’t afford gifts!
    Brooke @ Waiting to Rise recently posted..Reviewing yummy cereals…and being thankful…..

Those chalkboard plates are fun! It would be cute to hang them up in a series above a kitchen cupboard or something. I’ll have to keep that in the back of my head. I’m getting excited about all of my holiday crafts and getting antsy to get started!
    I love that you are sharing the GMA deals. I don’t get to watch TV in the morning usually but I took advantage last time you mentioned it and got one of those wine tasting sets which I’ll be taking to Thanksgiving :)
    Kim @thefamilypractice recently posted..FAQ

i should be getting about 7-8 hours of sleep a night, but lately i’ve only been getting about 6 :( i need to start going to bed early.

i’m usually a christmas shopping procrastinator, sad to say. but this year i already have gotten started!

i loooove shopping for home decor but then i get frustrated and think “will this go w/everything else? will it fit? does it look good?”
    Erica recently posted..professional wedding pics: the details

13. Shannon says

1) I went to bed at 10:30 & got up at 6:45 for school so… 8 hours & 15 minutes. Oh, wait. I’ll say 10:45 or 11 because I didn’t fall asleep quite yet so…8 hours, 7 hours 45 minutes.

2) Whenever I see a good deal or a gift idea for someone, I write it down.

3) I love shopping for home decor mostly because the stuff is so pretty & creative! My mom & I have been buying kitchen supplies for me so when I go off to college in a few years, I’ll have some stuff to use (my sister collects Longaberger dishware- those dishes are pretty but somewhat pricey, Google Longaberger and check them out).

I actually slept 4 1/2 hrs last night! which is about 1 1/2 hrs more than normal!

I don’t shop for home decor since where I am isn’t ‘home’ and want to move!

holiday shopping-I only buy for my daughter and her bday is right after Christmas too so I have to do both at same time…starting about NOW!
    Tara Burner recently posted..Thankful Thursday – randomness

I usually end up sleeping between 6 and 7 hours a night. That is not nearly enough for me. I find myself trying to stay awake at work. I try to go to sleep early but it never happens. I should really make that priority though. Sleep is important!

I love shopping for home decor. I’m always looking for something cute to add to my home. I can’t get enough candles. I love them! :)
    Hope recently posted..I Can See Clearly Now, The Rain Is Gone…