I Might Need Some Gum Now

by Courtney on November 5, 2011

Well, the Farmers Market is officially back inside for the fall/winter. Despite all of the festivities being moved back indoors, the market still actually gets quite an amazing turnout with plenty of vendors to suit everyone’s tastes.

Kate and I headed out around 11:30am this morning to scope out the scene and see what was around. Usually, when we’ve gone to the market together in the past, we tend to try to go a little earlier in the day. Well by this time today, the place was absolutely packed.

We both agreed that our next visit will be back to the earlier times. Too many people makes it more difficult to sneak in for the free samples. Winking smile

Despite a couple small samples here and there, the two of us managed to convince ourselves to split a gourmet Belgian waffle. I mean, just one look at this stand (after sampling, of course) was enough to make me drop some cash.

Ladies and gents, let me introduce to you what may be one of the most amazing things to ever hit my lips. These waffles are amazing…all the deliciousness of a regular Belgian waffle, but with a slightly crispy, sweet coating that is almost like a sweet glaze. It basically just melts in your mouth and is just incredible.

And it’s probably a good thing we only split it…I’m pretty sure I could feel my pants tightening juuuuust a little bit more with every bite. Winking smile

As for my purchases, I kept things simple today: some Cortland apples and half a loaf (another benefit of shopping with friends – sharing the goods) of Rosemary & Garlic bread.

Shortly after coming home from the Farmers Market with Kate, it was time to make some lunch. Now typically, I don’t really share my weekend lunches with you all because, to be honest, I barely ever sit down for a “real” lunch. It’s either incredibly boring, or I just end up grazing around all afternoon.

But today was different. Today’s lunch was delicious.

I put together a big ‘ol chopped salad complete with romaine, tomatoes, red bell pepper, onions, carrots, pickles, leftover rice, goat cheese, and a drizzle of light balsamic vinaigrette.

On the side, I incorporated a slice of my new Farmers Market bread with a little light butter.

Kate and I didn’t realize it, but when we read that it was garlic & rosemary bread, they weren’t kidding. There are literally huge chunks of garlic baked right into the bread, and I love it.

I think I might need to go get some gum now though…

Tonight, we have more fun on the agenda, and it includes a banquet, dinner, family, big awards, and an open bar. Throw all that together, and it’s sure to be a party!

Catch ya’ll later!

Question for the Afternoon:

Do your eating habits change at all on weekends or do you try to keep things similar to during the week?

1 Caitlin November 5, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Garlic/rosemary bread – that sounds AWESOME! So does the waffle. My eating habits don’t change too much on weekends. I try to at least keep the same light breakfasts/lunches because I often eat out on weekend evenings.
Caitlin recently posted..Tennesee Recap: Part Three (Game Day!)

2 Amy November 5, 2011 at 4:04 pm

Ahhh, LOVE the combo of rosemary and garlic!! A bakery near my house makes it, and the flavors are just subtle enough (no chunks of garlic!) to taste good on ANY sandwich. Yours looks pretty darn good too :)

3 Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy November 5, 2011 at 4:08 pm

I TRY to keep my eating habits the same throughout the weekend, but I definitely also try to not let that hold me back from some great indulgences with family/friends. I mean.. what is a weekend without a bit of ice cream or a cookie or two? :)
Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy recently posted..Healthy Snacky Snacks

4 Jodi November 5, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Fresh food is the best! Do I feel another apple crisp coming since you purchased those apples!?

I am going to have to try rice in my salad…sounds delicious!
Jodi recently posted..It’s Missing…

5 Courtney November 6, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Haha, I’m thinking I might switch it up. Maybe an apple bread???

6 erica November 5, 2011 at 4:40 pm

omg, those waffles look so delicious! i have such a weak spot for waffles!

i got nuts on the weekends…which is very very bad! lol.
erica recently posted..professional wedding pics: the details

7 Courtney November 6, 2011 at 5:00 pm

LOL – I love your honesty though, Erica! ;)

8 Shannon November 5, 2011 at 4:54 pm

My eating habits change during the weekend compared to the weekdays because of school. I always eat breakfast Mondays-Fridays before I head out to the schoolbus, but on the weekends, sometimes I skip breakfast (like today). Lunch is always the same at school, but sometimes I make something like Pastaroni or a sandwich or soup on Saturdays/Sundays. Dinner habits are always the same though.

My mom wants to go the Farmers’ Market in Troy- we didn’t go today because we went to my school’s Boutique Noel craft fair. They had a 100 vendors! Eeeeeekkkk! Talk about fun. :)

9 Chelcie of Chelcie's Food Files November 5, 2011 at 4:56 pm

those waffles look so delicious! I love free samples at farmers markets:)
Chelcie of Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..No-Bake Pumpkin Granola Bars + new favorite breakfast

10 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles November 5, 2011 at 5:03 pm

Farmers Market’s are where it’s at! I wish I could go to one!!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..What dreams are made of! –First time for everything!

11 Khushboo November 5, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Thank God I just found a waffle maker at home…otherwise o would be super jealous…and hungry!!
Khushboo recently posted..Hands-off MY sandwich

12 Mallory @ It's Only Life November 5, 2011 at 6:03 pm

i try to keep things in control on the weekends… operative word there being “try” lol!
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Post-Halloween Candy Binge

13 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign November 5, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Oh, those waffles sound so good. When I was at the fair, I smelled those and couldn’t figure out where they were coming from but oh my goodness they sounded good!

That bread sounds super yummy, too! I bet it would be really good as toast!
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Harvest Party, New Snacks, and The Photo Challenge Returns

14 Susan @ Happy Hippie November 5, 2011 at 7:01 pm

The farmers market looks like such a fun experience!! Where is that one located? I am planning a trip to Albany in about a month and I would LOVE to check it out! And pick up some of that delicious looking bread!! :)
Susan @ Happy Hippie recently posted..Greatist

15 Clare @ sweetnsimple November 5, 2011 at 7:06 pm

I love markets like this – the fresh food is SO good. My eating habits do tend to change on the weekends, as much as I do try to keep them the same!

16 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 5, 2011 at 7:15 pm

Oh man, that Beligan waffle looks delicious!

I try to stick with the same eating habits on the weekends that I practice during the week, but I definitely sneak more treats in!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Single Skillet Supper

17 Katy November 5, 2011 at 9:28 pm

What an incredible Farmer’s Market. Ours closes down for the cold months and doesn’t have an indoor facility they use. Incredible!

Monday – Thursday I eat almost the same thing every day. It’s easy to stay balanced while in a work routine. On the weekends, I go absolutely crazy but try to balance it with running!
Katy recently posted..River Valley Half Marathon Recap

18 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries November 5, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Mmm I LOVE when they put the big cloves of garlic in bread! But you’re right, I always feel like I need some gum afterward and make sure not to stand too close to anyone. ;)

My eating habits change somewhat on the weekend, especially if we go out to dinner or go over to a friends’ house, but I try my best to keep it similar to during the week the best I can. It usually ends up that I’ll have one meal/evening that’s more of an indulgence than normal.
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..When Overly Ripe Bananas Meet Chocolate Chips in Muffin Form

19 Katie @ Livehalffull November 5, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Yum! That bread looks delicious!

20 Nicole November 6, 2011 at 12:31 am

Those waffles!!! Oh dear God…those waffles!

21 Mary @ Bites and Bliss November 6, 2011 at 9:25 am

That realllly has me craving waffles now.
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..Fall back, Spring forward

22 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy November 6, 2011 at 10:15 am

I kind of throw “healthy balanced diet” out the window on the weekends. I do my best to eat healthy during the week, so I try not to stress on the weekends!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Indy Food Truck Festival

23 Carissa November 6, 2011 at 11:08 am

Mmm that salad and bread combo looks great! This daylight savings time is throwing me off..it’s 11am and I need lunch!! Hope you’re having a great Sunday!
Carissa recently posted..New Kitten!

24 Katelyn November 7, 2011 at 9:23 am

What Farmer’s Market is this? I want to go!

25 Courtney November 7, 2011 at 9:33 am

The Troy Waterfront Farmers Market. If you Google it, you’ll see all the info!