All-Around Awesome + New Stuff

by Courtney on November 7, 2011

So far, I’m not only doing pretty well on the to-do list…

• Sephora pit-stop
  • Search for a Thanksgiving tablecloth and curtains for our office
  • Stop at the bank
  • Cook up a batch of soup (<—hopefully a new recipe comin’ your way!)
  • Solid study time
  • Pay bills
  • A few blog updates
    • An afternoon “date” with Kristi at a Grand Opening of somewhere exciting(!!!)

…but I am also just having an all-around awesome day. Let me go ahead and show you why.

First up, I headed to the mall in search of a Thanksgiving tablecloth and my Bare Minerals foundation. Done and done. (But would you believe that even after this post last week, I managed to run out of my foundation and had to use a backup today. Talk about ironic.) So since I got those errands accomplished so quickly, that left a little more time to do some other mall “browsing.”

Then again, if I’m actually buying things, then I guess it’s not really browsing, huh?

The first stop I had to make was into a new accessory store that recently opened called Charming Charlie. I had been hearing amazing things from people about this place and they seriously were not kidding.

I hope that this is what my heaven looks like. Holy accessories! The store is pretty much color coordinated, including jewelry, shoes, handbags, hair accessories, and more. The place is just incredible.

And as if it wasn’t already awesome enough, I then finally came across a white watch. I had been searching for a white watch just like this for months now, but didn’t feel like paying $75.00 or more for it. This particular watch is one of the “jelly” watches and cost a mere $14.97.

I am now the proud of owner of this beauty.

I also managed to find another amazing deal today which was even more exciting than the watch…I FINALLY found myself a pair of brown riding boots!

I happened to pop into Macy’s this morning and came across this pair of BareTraps brown riding boots. I’ve been looking for a pair of brown riding boots for months now but have been kind of picky about the pair I wanted to invest in.

This particular pair was originally $99.00, on sale for $79.00, and then with a coupon, a store credit, and a gift card, I scored these babies for a whopping $30.00! I’m in love. Smile

IMG_9707IMG_9708

(In case you’re interested, I couldn’t find them on the Macy’s site anymore, but they are on sale at Boscov’s right now for $59.99, FYI!)

As if my day wasn’t already going awesome, my last stop of the day was basically the icing on the cake…or shall I say, the toppings on my fro yo?

A few weeks ago, my friend Kristi and I got talking about our love of fro yo, and when we saw that today was the grand opening of a TCBY on Western Ave. in Albany, we decided to make it a “date.”

It was actually quite a surprise to walk in and see the self-serve machines and the toppings bar – I had originally thought that TCBY was just a regular “give your order and they make it for you” kind of place? Either way, I’m not complaining.

I loaded up with three different flavors of fro yo: white chocolate mousse, coffee, and cookies & cream.

The toppings selections were nothing you haven’t seen before: caramel, cookie dough chunks, Oreos, and Heath Bar bits.

What can I say…I’m a creature of habit when it comes to this stuff, and it was the perfect way to indulge on a Monday afternoon for sure.

*****

Now I’ve got to get back to that list, starting with the soup and then some studying. Hopefully the afternoon is just as productive as the morning!

Questions for the Afternoon:

What’s the last good bargain that you found somewhere?

Would you rather have fro yo as an afternoon treat, or an after dinner dessert?

1 jen November 7, 2011 at 3:09 pm

i need to get there STAT! was the yogurt good?
    jen recently posted..Dinner at Greek House

2 Courtney November 7, 2011 at 3:11 pm

YES, it was amazing! We should plan a trip ASAP!

3 Susan @Happy Hippie November 7, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Oh my gosh, I LOVE Charming Charlie. My sister worked there last Christmas and it was impossible to go in and NOT buy something. I love how it’s all coordinated by style and color as well. Cute boots by the way! :)
    Susan @Happy Hippie recently posted..OXO- Bake A Difference

4 Brigitt November 7, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Amazing! I’m going shopping after work today too, so I hope I’ll have just as much luck as you did!
    Brigitt recently posted..Holiday Cookie Swap!

5 Jessica @ Bright-Eyes & Bushy-Tales November 7, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Omgeee! I am SO jealous you have a TCBY! Just about every one in the Midwest seems to have disappeared. White chocolate mousse is the absolute best! I’m coming to NY! :)
    Jessica @ Bright-Eyes & Bushy-Tales recently posted..Engagement Pictures

6 Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled November 7, 2011 at 3:27 pm

I LOVE those boot! I’ve been wanting a pair just like that in that color. Lucky!

By the way, I tried your chicken rice casserole dish on Friday. Winner winner in my house. Even my 4 year old picky eater stepson gobbled it down and said he loved it. It may just become a staple since it’s so easy and we had leftovers for days. Thank you!!
    Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled recently posted..Rosa Says Relax

7 Courtney November 7, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Oh GOOD! Yes, it’s definitely a favorite of here too. So quick and yummy :)

8 Shannon (Healthiful Balance) November 7, 2011 at 3:28 pm

I LOVE your boots! :)
    Yumm, froyo is awesome!
    Shannon (Healthiful Balance) recently posted..Kay’s Naturals Protein Cereal Review

9 Arie November 7, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Love the boots.

10 Nancy November 7, 2011 at 3:32 pm

I love that watch! So simple and cute. It’s always when you’re NOT looking for something when you find the best stuff! It always happens to me.
    Nancy recently posted..Next Planned Race

11 Rachael Perrault November 7, 2011 at 3:34 pm

I love Charming Charlies – it is my absolute favorite accessory store :). Glad one opened by you.

12 heather November 7, 2011 at 3:34 pm

What a great day! I love charming charlies!
    I have a brbrown pair of boots like that with a slight slouch, I want another papair that are more stiff, still on the lookout! We have a froyo pplace coming soon, iI check their fb page all the time to see if its open yyet!
    heather recently posted..Giving Thanks

13 Corey @ Family Fresh Meals November 7, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Love the watch and the boots! You can never have enough cute boots!
    FroYo in the afternoon!
    Corey @ Family Fresh Meals recently posted..Carrot Cake & Cupcakes

14 Aleksandra @ Diary of a Liveaboard November 7, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Boots are super cute. There’s a 20% off coupon for Boscov’s online now, too… PRIVNOV code brings them down to $47.99. Not that I’m thinking of buying a pair or anything crazy like that…. ;)
    Aleksandra @ Diary of a Liveaboard recently posted..Misty is so spoiled…

15 Courtney November 7, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Dooooooo itttttttt ;)

16 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries November 7, 2011 at 3:50 pm

That does sound like an awesome day!! I’m a little jealous! ;) I love your boots – very cute. I always love when I get a good deal.

I usually like to have fro-yo as an after dinner treat. I often crave something sweet after dinner, and that’s also when my husband is home, so if we do go out for fro-yo, it’s usually after dinner.
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Apple Crisp For Dinner

17 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl November 7, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Self-serve TCBY? Amazing! Those boots are pretty great too :-)

I’d rather have fro yo as many times of the day as possible! Maybe meals too ;-)
    Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Home is Where the HEALTH Is

18 Lynn November 7, 2011 at 3:58 pm

I thought I was excited to hear about Charming Charlie’s (I hadn’t hear of this store yet).. but then you said that TCBY has come back to the area!!! WHAT?!? Soooo excited about this!! Guess I’ll be heading in that direction soon. Thanks!

19 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 7, 2011 at 4:00 pm

I’ve seen a Charming Charlie is a new shopping center by me but didn’t know what it was all about… I’ll have to stop in next time.

Those boots are really cute! I might have to pop in to Boscovs!

And TCBY white chocolate mousse is maybe the best frozen yogurt ever!
    Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..The Wedding: Reception, Part 2

20 Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife November 7, 2011 at 4:01 pm

oH yumm!! After dinner treat for me, for sure :)

LOVE those boots-SO cute!
    Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..A Rule For More Muscle

21 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer November 7, 2011 at 4:02 pm

So jealous of the fro yo. There’s only one place in Buffalo.
    Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer recently posted..Granny Smith and Gorgonzola Pizza

22 Jill November 7, 2011 at 4:09 pm

I don’t know if this truly counts as a bargain, but after gift cards and store credits from our wedding, we got a full-size (seats 10) dining room table from Crate & Barrel for $30!!! It’s amazing how getting something at a discount can make your whole day.
    Jill recently posted..Line I’m Loving

23 Courtney November 7, 2011 at 9:54 pm

Umm, that’s an AMAZING deal! Way to go!!

24 Shannon November 7, 2011 at 4:20 pm

I’ve heard great things about Charming Charlie’s too- a person in my class loves it there and almost spent a bunch of money. Great deals! I absolutely love saving money. :)

1. I don’t remember the last good deal I’ve made but one week- we saved $85 at Price Chopper with the Advantage Card. Oh, that card saves a nice sum of money off gas too. My dad saves it until we get to the dollar mark off the gallon.

2. I have never eaten fro yo before. What’s the difference between ice cream & fro yo? Which is better? Oh, Kristi is so, so nice. I comment on her blog too. She knows who I am. She’s the best media person I have ever met in person (wait, she’s the only media person I’ve met in public but that’s ok).

25 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 7, 2011 at 4:25 pm

I LOVE Charming Charlie! I actually got my wedding jewelry there (along with all the other jewlery I wear). TCBY has sure changed a lot since the last time I was there! It never used to be self serve!
    chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..stretching for runners

26 Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 7, 2011 at 4:31 pm

I’m not picky on when I eat ice cream/frozen yogurt … I could eat it anytime of the day! ;) And I’m surprised to hear that TCBY is self-serve now! When I used to go there in college, it was just the normal kind where you order and they make it for you. Pretty cool! :)
    Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Football and cream puffs.

27 christina cadden November 7, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Your froyo makes me want to run out and get some now!!!
    christina cadden recently posted..Halloween

28 Alaina Johnson November 7, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Charming Charlies is amazing! that place is so dangerous though! we spent over $200 there once! i love it all and can easily spend hours upon hours there!
    Alaina Johnson recently posted..Eight

29 Cindy November 7, 2011 at 4:43 pm

I too discovered the amazingness of Charming Charlie at the end of the summer and bought the exact same watch in the tan color!!! :)
    Cindy recently posted..Bullfighting in Spain

30 Steph @ StephSnacks November 7, 2011 at 4:56 pm

Ahh your day looks like so much fun! Shopping and fro-yo cannot be beat! I recently purchased a great bag from H&M that was only $25! I love it :)
    Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..Weekend Re-Cap

31 Kristen November 7, 2011 at 4:56 pm

I just bought those boots last week! But I paid the $79.99… booooooo :)

32 Courtney November 7, 2011 at 9:54 pm

Awwww, bummer!
    On another note…great minds think alike! ;)

33 Chels R. November 7, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Love me some Charming Charlie! And those boots are hot!

mmm fro yo…I have even eaten it for dinner, sad but true! Mostly I prefer it for an after dinner treat.
    Chels R. recently posted..MCM proofs & other ramblings.

34 Jodi November 7, 2011 at 5:05 pm

Wow…you’re day really does sound AWESOME. Anything that involves shopping and frozen yogurt canNOT be bad!

I have passed Charming Charlies a few time, but never managed to make it in. That is a definite ‘must-do’ now.
    Jodi recently posted..Weekend and The Help

35 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance November 7, 2011 at 5:05 pm

I discovered Charming Charlies this past summer while visiting in Macon, Georgia, and I went accessory CRAZY! That place is nuts :D
    Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Morning Routine

36 Shanna, Like Banana November 7, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Woohoo! Cute new boots! They are similar to the ones I just got a few weeks ago and I’m in love.

What a FUN day :)
    Shanna, Like Banana recently posted..A lovely ladies weekend

37 Bethany @Bethany's Befuddled Brain November 7, 2011 at 6:29 pm

OMG I have those boots and I love them! Great pick! I got them last year.
    Bethany @Bethany’s Befuddled Brain recently posted..Tofurky Day

38 Clare November 7, 2011 at 6:43 pm

Hi there!

I really love your blog, so inspiring and encouraging for people who are just starting out. Congrats on your winter boots bargain! :D

And that frozen yoghurt looked amazing! Very jealous :)
    Clare recently posted..So it begins. Again.

39 Courtney November 7, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Thanks, Clare! :-D

40 Lauren November 7, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Ohhh Courtney your first visit to Charming Charlie?! As I’ve mentioned to you, I work for the mall so it is very difficult for me to not pop in there all the time. I’m OBSESSED! And the prices? Totally can’t beat ‘em. I got a watch there when they first opened for the same price as yours and I looove it:)
    On another note, I had no idea a TCBY opened up recently! I definitely have to get my booty over there ASAP. Remember when there was one in Stuyvesant Plaza? That seems like forever ago! I’m loving that they have self serve and a toppings bar now! I think I know what I’m having for dessert tomorrow night…

41 Courtney November 7, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Yes, I do remember when it was there! This place is 100x better! :)

42 Amy B @ Second City Randomness November 7, 2011 at 7:38 pm

I love Charming Charlie! It’s always great when I need something quickly because I just have to go to the section of the color I’m looking for. :)
    Amy B @ Second City Randomness recently posted..Manna Giveaway!

43 Chelcie of Chelcie's Food Files November 7, 2011 at 7:38 pm

I LOVE finding a good bargain! Those boots are so cute you would have never guessed you managed to get them for so cheap!
    Chelcie of Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..I love Instagram

44 Liz @ Tip Top Shape November 7, 2011 at 7:41 pm

omg–so many of my favorite things in this post!! I love tcby! The one by me closed and I was so sad. And Charming Charlies is amazing. I always have to give myself a price limit when I’m there otherwise I end up leaving with waaayyyy too much stuff!
    Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Things I’m Loving

45 Lauren November 7, 2011 at 8:15 pm

I’ve been searching high and low for a pair of riding boots. These are adorable!
    Lauren recently posted..I Took The Bite

46 Hope November 7, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Those boots are so cute! I’m going to have to check them out at Macy’s or Boscov’s! Awesome! :)

I had no idea that TCBY has self-serve! The one that is near me, is a regular you order and then they put your order together.
    Hope recently posted..5 Years Of Service…

47 Kim @ The Family Practice November 7, 2011 at 9:07 pm

Back in Washington, we had TCBY and it was the plain old pick a flavor and they make your cone and you get to pick a topping – when we first came out to Utah we ended up at a TCBY with like 30 flavors, all self serve and more toppings than I could count! They charged by the ounce instead of by the “size” #FroYoHeaven
    Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Happiness

48 Michelle November 7, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Omg! Those boots are soooo cute! I think I may have to get myself an early Christmas gift!!! :) Do they fit pretty true to size??

49 Courtney November 7, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Yup! I bought my usual size and they fit great

50 Khushboo November 7, 2011 at 11:51 pm

Ok when I’m next in NY, we are going for fro yo and you are coming up with my combination….that’s all :)
    Khushboo recently posted..Crossing boundaries

51 Lindsay November 8, 2011 at 6:49 am

charming charlie is why I’m constantly broke.

52 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! November 8, 2011 at 9:50 am

Wow! I want to go there, it looks like heaven!!
    Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Pulled A Muscle Running In Heels & Un-cravings

53 Charming Charlie November 8, 2011 at 10:46 am

Thanks for featuring Charming Charlie in your blog!! We have added your blog to our blog mentions page on our website. It’s a page we created exclusively for showcasing Charming Charlie blog mentions!

54 Courtney November 8, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Thanks so much for adding me! Your store is AMAZING!!

55 kristen@ livinlifeinlouie November 8, 2011 at 2:38 pm

LOVEEE those boots! ive been looking for a pair!

56 Amy November 8, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Those boots are so cool. I love them.
    I just got a pair of black ones with the grey fur around the top at Kohls on sale for $59 they are riding looking boots too.
    We need a shopping trip together we could tear up the mall.
    I love my BE foundation too

57 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] November 9, 2011 at 1:44 am

cute boots!!
    Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..take the risk.

58 Samantha November 11, 2011 at 2:25 pm

I love a good bargain! I got a black and a brown pair of riding boots recently from Kohl’s – $100 for both pairs, and both were originally $100!

I also got a super cute orangey tee that I”ve worn almost every week for $5