It Makes Me Want To

Happy Thursday, folks! How’s everyone doing this morning?

Me? I’m a bit sleepy. Not enough sleep last night with too early of a morning wake up call. Nonetheless, I still managed to make it to BodyPump this morning, got in a great workout, and will hopefully be able to get to bed a little earlier tonight. Fingers crossed.

Breakfast

Hey, guess what? More egg cheese and jam sandwiches comin’ atcha today! But I did make a slight change with today’s by swapping the English muffin for two waffles.

I noticed the other day that the waffles were beginning to get a little freezer burned, and I definitely don’t want that to happen again.

After taking the first bite of my wafflewich, I wasn’t quite sure how I felt about it; it lacked the extra crunch that my English muffin gives me, but it had a subtly sweet flavor that I really liked.

Final verdict? I loved it more with each bits and I will definitely do it again…I’ll just be sure to toast my waffles a bit longer.

While I was waiting for my egg and waffles to cook this morning, I also ended up snacking on a few cinnamon sugar nuts.

I picked up this container of Emerald Sweet & Salty mixed nuts at the store over the weekend (FYI: These containers are 50% off at Price Chopper this week) and have been snacking on them a bit throughout the week. They’re pretty darn amazing, and my favorite are most definitely the sweet glazed almonds…you know, the ones that are most definitely the worst for ya, of course. Winking smile

*****

On another note, there’s something that I’ve been meaning to mention this to you all for about a day and a half now; some of you already know or may have even noticed, BUT…

After months of putting it off, swearing that I would not allow myself to get sucked in, I have finally caved…and joined Pinterest.

pinterest

To all of you that warned me about it being a total time suck, so far I’ll say that you’re about 75% right. I have definitely found myself pinning away, but I’m still not totally sure how the whole thing even works. I’m sure once I really get the hang of it, then I might be in trouble, but I don’t know.

*For those of you who have no idea what Pinterest is, you can check it out here.

*For those of you who have also succumbed to all that is Pinterest and would like to follow me, you can do that by clicking here (or the button up there on the right).

So far, I’ve noticed that it,

• makes me want to be crafty
  • makes me want to redecorate my entire house
  • makes me wish I had an endless money supply
  • makes me want to start decorating for Christmas already
  • makes me want to bake a.lot.of.delicious.food.

But then again, it also kept me from eating a second snack last night after finding some amazing and motivational fitness pins…

So maybe it’s not all that bad of a thing? Winking smile

Questions for the Morning:

Have you heard of Pinterest? Are you on it or are you staying away?

What would you say is your biggest “time suck” in an average day?

Comments

I’ve been using Pinterest simply to make a note of the recipes from blogs that I want to make and therefore haven’t been compeltely sucked in yet… but I think it’s only a matter of time! It would have been really great when I was planning my wedding.
    Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Stir(fry) Crazy

I joined Pinterest a few weeks ago (pamcakescoffee), and I love it! I already made a few recipes I found on the Food & Drink page, and I’ve also found good quick workouts. There are some holiday craft projects I hope to do sometime soon, too!
    Pamela recently posted..Nervous Stomach

3. Helen says

Oh yes I have joined pinterest and I must say I love it! It did take up a lot of my time especially at work, is that bad to say? However, my work has now blocked the sight (maybe because of my excessive use) and has forced me to not visit it as much. Sad sad day!

Oh gosh I finally gave in too last week and signed up haha, funny. we both held out for a while!
    And hilarious because it makes me want to decorate for xmas ASAP! :) theres so much on there its almost overwhelming but its marvelous.
    it is definitely a time suck for me, that and youtube. oi.
    Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..A Day Of Normal

Yay!! welcome to pinterest!! so glad your on it! It most def. makes me want redecorate and paint my house.. but I love the fitness boards because its a great tool to find millions of workout mantras!
    Follow me!! candice bement
    Candice recently posted..November Challenges

I keep avoiding pinterest because I feel like I would just spend my whole day on that site. But, I keep seeing that my recipes get pinned so I go see which one and end up seeing all these other fun things people have pinned. It’s a trap I tell you! I’m sure I’ll end up over there soon enough – can’t hold back forever :)
    Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Childhood Eats

I noticed you’re wearing your new white watch! Very cute! 😉

I caved in and joined Pinterest a month or so ago. At first, I was SUPER addicted to it. Now I’ve backed off a little, mostly because I truly just don’t have the time. Plus, it just makes me want to buy more stuff (I love the home decor pins!). My biggest “time suck” would probably be reading blogs! Although I wouldn’t say it’s a waste of time by any means, it definitely sucks the time away pretty quickly…
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Vacation Workout Game Plan

I have been avoiding Pinterest- I can’t even allow my self to visit the site- because I know that it would be a slippery slope from there. Aside from watching episodes of Felicity on Netflix, my biggest time suck is reading blogs!! I keep adding favorite blogs (yours included!) to my Google Reader- the list keeps growing and growing and growing… Any blogs that you recommend?

I am on Pinterest. I find it nice to go on every now and then, very inspiring and if I really want to make something (baked good, dinner dish, etc…) I can always go back to my boards and click on the image. That’s what I did for a particular smoothie I wanted to make!
    Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..August

I joined Pinterest a few weeks ago and I am addicted. When I get bored at work I start pinning things. You are right, it make me want to – be crafty, creative, make lots of food, & try new things.

Enjoy!

I haven’t jumped on the Pinterest bandwagon yet; all my friends are, though. I’m not really sure what it is, but when I have some more free time I will have to check it out!

My biggest time-suck is definitely blogging/blog reading….and Facebook!
    Jodi recently posted..Loded Diaper?

I’m so glad you’re on Pinterest! (Do you say it like Pin-trest too or is that just me?) I sit at a desk all day at work so I am most definitely constantly pinning! There’s sooo many fun Christmas decorations/crafts out there, I can’t wait to get started!
    Kristine @ Running On Hungry recently posted..Improvising.

I’m on Pinterest a lot… but reading blogs and writing my blog are probably my biggest “time-suck” during the day! I hardly even get on facebook anymore and that use to be my big internet waste of time. There are just so many blogs I adore and it is tough to keep up with them and still get everything done I need to during the day! What a #firstworldproblem haha :]
    Carol @ Lucky Zucca recently posted..Creamy Lemon-Garlic Shrimp Pasta

1. I have never heard of Pinterest but I will check out the link to see what it’s about.

2. My biggest “time suck” of the day would probably be blog reading. I hope you’re not offensed by that statement. I spend wayyyyy too much time on the computer that I could cut down…but I love reading blogs both here and on the Times Union website, so…I don’t see that changing anytime soon.
    Shannon recently posted..My Second Judging Stint

15. Andy says

I’ve been waiting for someone to pin my goodies but haven’t had any luck yet. Does anyone want to pin my goodies? Lol

Yes it is a total time suck… but so awesome! Other than the fact that I want to buy everything in the world, I think it is great. I’m excited to make a lot of DIY ideas that I’ve seen on there. I just “followed” you :)

Trackbacks