It Makes Me Want To

by Courtney on November 10, 2011

Happy Thursday, folks! How’s everyone doing this morning?

Me? I’m a bit sleepy. Not enough sleep last night with too early of a morning wake up call. Nonetheless, I still managed to make it to BodyPump this morning, got in a great workout, and will hopefully be able to get to bed a little earlier tonight. Fingers crossed.

Breakfast

Hey, guess what? More egg cheese and jam sandwiches comin’ atcha today! But I did make a slight change with today’s by swapping the English muffin for two waffles.

I noticed the other day that the waffles were beginning to get a little freezer burned, and I definitely don’t want that to happen again.

After taking the first bite of my wafflewich, I wasn’t quite sure how I felt about it; it lacked the extra crunch that my English muffin gives me, but it had a subtly sweet flavor that I really liked.

Final verdict? I loved it more with each bits and I will definitely do it again…I’ll just be sure to toast my waffles a bit longer.

While I was waiting for my egg and waffles to cook this morning, I also ended up snacking on a few cinnamon sugar nuts.

I picked up this container of Emerald Sweet & Salty mixed nuts at the store over the weekend (FYI: These containers are 50% off at Price Chopper this week) and have been snacking on them a bit throughout the week. They’re pretty darn amazing, and my favorite are most definitely the sweet glazed almonds…you know, the ones that are most definitely the worst for ya, of course. Winking smile

*****

On another note, there’s something that I’ve been meaning to mention this to you all for about a day and a half now; some of you already know or may have even noticed, BUT…

After months of putting it off, swearing that I would not allow myself to get sucked in, I have finally caved…and joined Pinterest.

pinterest

To all of you that warned me about it being a total time suck, so far I’ll say that you’re about 75% right. I have definitely found myself pinning away, but I’m still not totally sure how the whole thing even works. I’m sure once I really get the hang of it, then I might be in trouble, but I don’t know.

*For those of you who have no idea what Pinterest is, you can check it out here.

*For those of you who have also succumbed to all that is Pinterest and would like to follow me, you can do that by clicking here (or the button up there on the right).

So far, I’ve noticed that it,

• makes me want to be crafty
  • makes me want to redecorate my entire house
  • makes me wish I had an endless money supply
  • makes me want to start decorating for Christmas already
  • makes me want to bake a.lot.of.delicious.food.

But then again, it also kept me from eating a second snack last night after finding some amazing and motivational fitness pins…

So maybe it’s not all that bad of a thing? Winking smile

Questions for the Morning:

Have you heard of Pinterest? Are you on it or are you staying away?

What would you say is your biggest “time suck” in an average day?

1 Amy B @ Second City Randomness November 10, 2011 at 9:23 am

I joined it two weeks ago.

I have been unproductive for approximately two weeks.
Amy B @ Second City Randomness recently posted..Inside My Head

2 Mollie November 10, 2011 at 9:44 am

I love pinterest!! Def a time suck!! I’ve been using it for almost six months. Now my problem is that I just pin and do not recreate the millions things I have pinned!! lol

Courtney- I have even repinned a few of your dessert recipes!
Mollie recently posted..Fall Eats

3 Mollie November 10, 2011 at 9:51 am

here’s my pinterest addy

LOTS of stuff on there!! lol

4 Courtney November 10, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Thanks for pinning my goodies, Mollie!

5 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat November 10, 2011 at 9:25 am

I’ve been using Pinterest simply to make a note of the recipes from blogs that I want to make and therefore haven’t been compeltely sucked in yet… but I think it’s only a matter of time! It would have been really great when I was planning my wedding.
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Stir(fry) Crazy

6 Pamela November 10, 2011 at 9:26 am

I joined Pinterest a few weeks ago (pamcakescoffee), and I love it! I already made a few recipes I found on the Food & Drink page, and I’ve also found good quick workouts. There are some holiday craft projects I hope to do sometime soon, too!
Pamela recently posted..Nervous Stomach

7 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer November 10, 2011 at 9:26 am

Everyone talks about Pintrest. I should really check it out sometime.
Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer recently posted..Roasted Veggie Pizza and a Diagnosis

8 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen November 10, 2011 at 9:27 am

All those things you said it’s made you want to do are exactly why I’m staying away! haha I honestly can’t afford another time suck and I feel like it will be like watching HGTV which always made me think I needed new things for the house and like it was never “done” which drove me insane!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Pumpkin goat cheese dip with caramelized onions

9 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life November 10, 2011 at 9:30 am

I’ve been on Pinterest for a while now and it is so addicting. Sometimes I don’t go on it for a while, but once I get back on it sucks you in. I’m following you!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Some Good Eats

10 Aine @ Something to Chew Over November 10, 2011 at 9:30 am

I joined Pinterest lately but I haven’t really started using it yet. I think I spend enough time online as it is ;)
Aine @ Something to Chew Over recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday #13

11 Helen November 10, 2011 at 9:30 am

Oh yes I have joined pinterest and I must say I love it! It did take up a lot of my time especially at work, is that bad to say? However, my work has now blocked the sight (maybe because of my excessive use) and has forced me to not visit it as much. Sad sad day!

12 Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy November 10, 2011 at 9:30 am

I agree with you 100% on the Pinterest thing. If I had unlimited time/money, I would be trying out all the amazing ideas on Pinterest all day, every day.
Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy recently posted..You Get Out What You Put In

13 Chelcie of Chelcie's Food Files November 10, 2011 at 9:30 am

I joined but I’m still a little confused on how it works. But it definitely wishes I had endless amounts of money to spend and makes me wanna be more crafty!
Chelcie of Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..Oatmeal Raisin Peanut Butter Dough Balls

14 jen November 10, 2011 at 9:34 am

haha the one thing i hate about pinterest is that everything on there makes me feel SO poor. hahaha.
jen recently posted..On PRing

15 Courtney November 10, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Hahaha, I hear ya!

16 Lena @Fit on the Rocks November 10, 2011 at 9:34 am

I enjoy the site a lot and love looking at pinned pictures, but I don’t do much pinning of my own. I usually forget that the “pin it” button is there lol
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Cloudy with a Chance of White Hairs

17 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! November 10, 2011 at 9:42 am

Oh gosh I finally gave in too last week and signed up haha, funny. we both held out for a while!
And hilarious because it makes me want to decorate for xmas ASAP! :) theres so much on there its almost overwhelming but its marvelous.
it is definitely a time suck for me, that and youtube. oi.
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..A Day Of Normal

18 Candice November 10, 2011 at 9:46 am

Yay!! welcome to pinterest!! so glad your on it! It most def. makes me want redecorate and paint my house.. but I love the fitness boards because its a great tool to find millions of workout mantras!
Follow me!! candice bement
Candice recently posted..November Challenges

19 Lindsey November 10, 2011 at 9:51 am

Love Pinterest! I try to limit myself to 15 minutes a day on it ;) It also makes me want to be crafty :)
Biggest time suck – reading blogs! haha But I love them!
Lindsey recently posted..Holiday Baking–Already?!

20 Kim @ The Family Practice November 10, 2011 at 9:54 am

I keep avoiding pinterest because I feel like I would just spend my whole day on that site. But, I keep seeing that my recipes get pinned so I go see which one and end up seeing all these other fun things people have pinned. It’s a trap I tell you! I’m sure I’ll end up over there soon enough – can’t hold back forever :)
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Childhood Eats

21 Kelly November 10, 2011 at 9:56 am

I am still holding out on Pinterest….I don’t need anymore distractions in my life.
Kelly recently posted..perfect

22 Khushboo November 10, 2011 at 9:56 am

I blame all my unproductivity on blogs and Pinterest…time suckers for sure!
Khushboo recently posted..11 things before 11/11/11

23 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries November 10, 2011 at 9:58 am

I noticed you’re wearing your new white watch! Very cute! ;)

I caved in and joined Pinterest a month or so ago. At first, I was SUPER addicted to it. Now I’ve backed off a little, mostly because I truly just don’t have the time. Plus, it just makes me want to buy more stuff (I love the home decor pins!). My biggest “time suck” would probably be reading blogs! Although I wouldn’t say it’s a waste of time by any means, it definitely sucks the time away pretty quickly…
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Vacation Workout Game Plan

24 Courtney November 10, 2011 at 1:48 pm

I LOVE my new white watch!! :)

25 Hilliary @ Happily Ever Healthy November 10, 2011 at 10:02 am

Love pinterest but it is so addicting!
Hilliary @ Happily Ever Healthy recently posted..A Bit of a Scare

26 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles November 10, 2011 at 10:06 am

I joined about a week ago. Pretty sure it makes me want to do those exact same things. There are such cute ideas out there….
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Homemade Pumpkin Butter

27 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine November 10, 2011 at 10:24 am

Totally addicted to Pinterest – also, I tried your egg, cheese and jam sandwich this morning and I AM HOOKED
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..WIAW – Dia De Los Muertos Style

28 Courtney November 10, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Oh boy, another convert! I seriously just can’t get enough of it lately.

29 Lauren B. November 10, 2011 at 10:28 am

I have been avoiding Pinterest- I can’t even allow my self to visit the site- because I know that it would be a slippery slope from there. Aside from watching episodes of Felicity on Netflix, my biggest time suck is reading blogs!! I keep adding favorite blogs (yours included!) to my Google Reader- the list keeps growing and growing and growing… Any blogs that you recommend?

30 Cat @Breakfast to Bed November 10, 2011 at 10:36 am

pinterest is a delightful time suck, isn’t it? I love it. Also? that waffle is begging for some chicken.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..No One Needs To See That

31 Hope November 10, 2011 at 10:51 am

I’ve heard of pinterest and I’ve been trying to keep away. I already have a ton of diy things I want to do for my wedding. I figure if I go on there, I’ll end up adding a million more! ;)
Hope recently posted..Some Of My November Loves…

32 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 10, 2011 at 11:14 am

Hmmm my biggest “time suck” would probably be reading blogs, but I don’t think of it that way! I spend a huge chunk of time reading/commenting & writing my own, but I really enjoy it!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..The Wedding: Reception, Part 3

33 Steph @ StephSnacks November 10, 2011 at 11:31 am

I am on Pinterest. I find it nice to go on every now and then, very inspiring and if I really want to make something (baked good, dinner dish, etc…) I can always go back to my boards and click on the image. That’s what I did for a particular smoothie I wanted to make!
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..August

34 Penny November 10, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Does ANYONE have an invite? I would really love one. I do not understand how to get one?

35 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn November 10, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Awwwwwyeah, waffle sammie!! Also we are pinterest addicts. Kind of an issue.
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..Quality Time.

36 Julie November 10, 2011 at 12:23 pm

I’m obsessed with Pinterest too!

37 Arimey November 10, 2011 at 12:33 pm

I just recently joined Pinterest and I’m OBSESSED! It’s such a time suck. Look out for a follow invite from me soon :)

38 Ashlee November 10, 2011 at 12:41 pm

I joined Pinterest a few weeks ago and I am addicted. When I get bored at work I start pinning things. You are right, it make me want to – be crafty, creative, make lots of food, & try new things.

Enjoy!

39 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 10, 2011 at 12:54 pm

I love pinterest! I get sucked in occassionally, but for the most part I try to limit the time I spend on there by just going when I need some inspiration!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..cinnamon apple streusel scuffins

40 Jodi November 10, 2011 at 1:05 pm

I haven’t jumped on the Pinterest bandwagon yet; all my friends are, though. I’m not really sure what it is, but when I have some more free time I will have to check it out!

My biggest time-suck is definitely blogging/blog reading….and Facebook!
Jodi recently posted..Loded Diaper?

41 Kristine @ Running On Hungry November 10, 2011 at 1:13 pm

I’m so glad you’re on Pinterest! (Do you say it like Pin-trest too or is that just me?) I sit at a desk all day at work so I am most definitely constantly pinning! There’s sooo many fun Christmas decorations/crafts out there, I can’t wait to get started!
Kristine @ Running On Hungry recently posted..Improvising.

42 Courtney November 10, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Me too!!

43 Carol @ Lucky Zucca November 10, 2011 at 2:07 pm

I’m on Pinterest a lot… but reading blogs and writing my blog are probably my biggest “time-suck” during the day! I hardly even get on facebook anymore and that use to be my big internet waste of time. There are just so many blogs I adore and it is tough to keep up with them and still get everything done I need to during the day! What a #firstworldproblem haha :]
Carol @ Lucky Zucca recently posted..Creamy Lemon-Garlic Shrimp Pasta

44 Candice @ Sailing on Paper November 10, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Woohoo I love Pinterest! It’s so addictive…I seriously could spend days on there. People always seem to pin the most amazing recipes.
Candice @ Sailing on Paper recently posted..Strength Training

45 Erica November 10, 2011 at 2:48 pm

i love pinterest! i tried to stay away, but in the end, i couldn’t resist.

but the biggest time suck of my day are facebook, youtube, and blogs!
Erica recently posted..professional wedding pics: getting ready & bridal party

46 Shannon November 10, 2011 at 2:54 pm

1. I have never heard of Pinterest but I will check out the link to see what it’s about.

2. My biggest “time suck” of the day would probably be blog reading. I hope you’re not offensed by that statement. I spend wayyyyy too much time on the computer that I could cut down…but I love reading blogs both here and on the Times Union website, so…I don’t see that changing anytime soon.
Shannon recently posted..My Second Judging Stint

47 Danica @ It's Progression Not Perfection November 10, 2011 at 3:09 pm

I recently joined Pinterest too, and though I like it, I feel like I’m not doing something right! It doesn’t seem quite as addicting as most people claim it to be, but it’s definitely a huge help in wedding planning!
Danica @ It’s Progression Not Perfection recently posted..treasure of wisdom #24

48 Chels R. November 10, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Love that you do Bodypump too! And that sandwich looks quite yummy! Pinterest is so addictive. I added that link to my blog too. :)
Chels R. recently posted..Gratitude.

49 Andy November 10, 2011 at 7:19 pm

I’ve been waiting for someone to pin my goodies but haven’t had any luck yet. Does anyone want to pin my goodies? Lol

50 Amy November 10, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Those Sweet & Salty nuts are my fav! Totally addicting :)

51 Andy November 10, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Hahaha. Not many girls would admit that.

52 Brittney @ Brittney Breathing November 10, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Oh geez. I am obsessed with Pinterest! I’m pinning everything from stuff for planning my wedding to about a gazillion recipes!!!
Brittney @ Brittney Breathing recently posted..Baked Polenta, Goat Cheese & Mushrooms

53 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] November 10, 2011 at 11:35 pm

I’m on Pinterest too! so so fun!!
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..take the risk.

54 Mac November 11, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Yes it is a total time suck… but so awesome! Other than the fact that I want to buy everything in the world, I think it is great. I’m excited to make a lot of DIY ideas that I’ve seen on there. I just “followed” you :)

55 Samantha November 11, 2011 at 2:54 pm

I haven’t dove far enough into pinterest for it to be a total time suck – yet.

Right now, Twitter takes the cake.
Samantha recently posted..(Mostly) Wordless Wednesday: Fall in Central Park