Recipe Archive: White Chocolate Oreo Cream Squares

by Courtney on November 10, 2011

For the past few days, I’ve been really good about not listening to that darn sweet tooth of mine. Typically, around 8 or 9pm, it starts calling out to me like it’s on a mission, which inevitably causes me to cave and indulge in some sort of sweet treat.

But for the past three nights, I’ve been really good about truly paying attention to my hunger levels and avoiding the sweets (FYI: crap loads of granola don’t count).

Today, however, I have a sweet tooth that is running rampant, and I blame it on stress.

I want sugar. I want chocolate. I want a big ‘ol batch of these at my immediate disposal.

Who remembers THESE bad boys? ;)

I thought today would be a fun day to do another little recipe archive, and these were the first thing that came to mind.

I first made these White Chocolate Oreo Cream Squares back in January, and I think that Jay may have fallen in love with me all over again after that day. If you or someone you know is an Oreo lover such as my hubby and I, then this is a recipe you totally need to try.

Since I first made the recipe, I’ve probably only made it two or three other times, and that is for one reason only: they are dangerous.

But I’m thinking that it’s about time to change that, because now after revisiting this recipe again, knowing just how delicious these little (or big, depending on how generous you want to be) pieces are, I think it’s about time to go out and grab a package of Oreos.

They’ll be perfect to bring to any fun activities you may have going on this weekend. They’ll also be perfect just sitting in your fridge for you to enjoy all on your own. I just hope – for your sake – that you have better self-control than I do.

So now, just in case you needed something to do this weekend (or tonight), I’ve gotcha covered with this quick, easy, delicious little treat to whip up and share…or not. Winking smile

1 Cat @ Breakfast to Bed November 10, 2011 at 1:53 pm

How freaking cute would those be with tinted red and green swirls!! Thanks for posting this!!
Cat @ Breakfast to Bed recently posted..No One Needs To See That

2 Heather November 10, 2011 at 4:18 pm

that’s a GREAT idea! Or if you used the holiday oreos!? so festive!
Heather recently posted..These Days

3 Courtney November 10, 2011 at 4:38 pm

I really wanted to make them for Halloween with the orange oreos, but I think the red ones will be just as fun!

4 Amanda @ Maggiano Takes Austin November 10, 2011 at 1:56 pm

YES! i must make these immediately!!!!!
Amanda @ Maggiano Takes Austin recently posted..Do Your Best

5 Whitney November 10, 2011 at 1:58 pm

STRESSED backwards spells DESSERTS! :)

I NEVER bake desserts because I have no self-control. I will only bake them if I can give them away :)

6 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn November 10, 2011 at 1:59 pm

I made these with my honors seminar! Ahaha we all made dinner together one night. It was sickkknasty, except they were in ball form. Know what you mean girl, know what you mean.
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..Quality Time.

7 Mary-Heather November 10, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Oooh these would be a-ma-zing with Trader Joe’s Peppermint Joe-Joe’s! (Like Oreos but the filling is pepperminty.)

8 Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy November 10, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Well, looks like my jeans are gonna be fitting a little snuggly tonight…;)
Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy recently posted..I’ve Been Converted

9 Hope November 10, 2011 at 2:03 pm

These look amazing! My fiance is an Oreo fanantic! He is obsessed with them. I think if I made these he would be in heaven :)
Hope recently posted..Some Of My November Loves…

10 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer November 10, 2011 at 2:04 pm

OOh, I’ve made these, they are amazing! I’m with ya, kinda wish I had some right now.
Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer recently posted..Thinking about Christmas

11 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries November 10, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Oh my goodness, these look SO HEAVENLY! I’m the biggest Oreo lover, so I know for a fact these wouldn’t last in our home. I want to make them, but I’m nervous I would have absolutely no self control with them. Are they somewhat like a white fudge bar with Oreos?
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Vacation Workout Game Plan

12 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life November 10, 2011 at 2:11 pm

These look sooo good. I’m making these next time we go to visit my boyfriend’s family. His little cousin in an oreo fanatic and she would so love these bad boys.
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..I Could Get Used to This

13 Brigitt November 10, 2011 at 2:29 pm

My dad loves oreos, but he doesn’t like white chocolate. I wonder how these would taste made with dark chocolate instead of white? Maybe I’ll have to experiment!! Thanks for sharing =)
Brigitt recently posted..I Couldn’t Resist

14 Alice November 10, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Hey Courtney, these don’t look very healthy, it’s brilliant!! :D
I better not try to make these, it would be dangerous if I would like them.
Alice recently posted..Interesting Ways to Get Out of Debt Fast

15 Courtney November 11, 2011 at 8:42 am

Haha, nope, not exactly healthy :)
But hey, it’s all about moderation!

16 Shannon November 10, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Oooooooooooooooohhhh, that looks delicious! Thank you for sharing. :)

17 Kim @ The Family Practice November 10, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Yum! I get that darn late night sweet tooth also – actually, the harder my workout the more intense my sweet tooth is. Oddity.
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Thanksgiving for 6 Under $60 – The List

18 Mallory @ It's Only Life November 10, 2011 at 3:31 pm

omg.

omgomg.
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Blog Changes

19 Mary @ Bites and Bliss November 10, 2011 at 4:02 pm

I had something just like this my first trip to Gatlinburg way back in the day. Oh, so good!!
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..12 Weeks of Flour-free: Peanut Butter Cookies

20 Jodi November 10, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Ha! Obviously are sweet tooths run rampant on the same day! I already made cookies, but I wish I had seen this first :-(!

21 Jodi November 10, 2011 at 4:20 pm

*our

22 Clare @ sweetnsimple November 10, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Yummm.. I’m a BIG oreo fan, definitely making these asap :) Thanks for the recipe!

23 Alexa @ Simple Eats November 10, 2011 at 5:27 pm

I’m an Oreo fiend! I’m sure I’d love these. I’m glad you dug em outta the archive :)
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..Chick Soup

24 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles November 10, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Heck, I think I’d fall in love with you ;) HA! Okay, maybe we’d just be lifelong friends. These look wonderful!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..The worst date I’ve ever had… I’m sure I’ll get a crown for that one!

25 Courtney November 11, 2011 at 8:41 am

Hahaha, either way, I’ll take it ;)

26 Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 10, 2011 at 5:41 pm

OH my goodness, those look amazing! And I bet my husband would LOVE them! Great idea!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Slow Cooker Chicken and “Dumpling” Noodles

27 Liz @ Tip Top Shape November 10, 2011 at 5:56 pm

Oohhh this looks good!!!!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Ways To NOT Get The Girl

28 Pamela November 10, 2011 at 7:49 pm

Oh my goodness. I’m having a huge chocolate craving tonight, and I don’t have any dessert. Those look delicious! :)
Pamela recently posted..Buffalo Chicken Soup

29 Nisrine November 10, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Oreso make desserts delicious. This is an easy sweet treat that I must try. My daughter would love it!

30 Tara November 10, 2011 at 8:21 pm

OMG, yum. Thanks for sharing! I’ll def be making these for the holidays.
Tara recently posted..GoSportID Review & Giveaway!

31 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 10, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Those DO look dangerous!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..in the box

32 Dione November 10, 2011 at 9:27 pm

I think I will need to make those soon….reminds me of Hershey Cookies n Creme:) I love white chocolate and cookies and creme anything. Yum, thanks for sharing. It looks very simple to make too.

33 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 10, 2011 at 9:36 pm

Yum! My first thought was similar to the first comments — trying these with the special holiday Oreos would make them extra fun!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Chicken-Bacon Mac & Cheese

34 Anna November 10, 2011 at 9:53 pm

These are THE BEST treat to bring in to work! I have made a couple of batches for my coworkers, including one that I dyed green for St. Patty’s day earlier this year, and almost every single one of my colleages came by my desk with their half-eaten square wide-eyed, asking, “WHY DID YOU MAKE THESE?! THEY ARE INSANE!!” Haha. They were gone in the first couple of hours! Thanks for the recipe in January! :)

35 Courtney November 11, 2011 at 8:39 am

Thanks so much for making them, Anna! I love your idea of dying them green – so fun!

36 Khushboo November 10, 2011 at 11:48 pm

I’m not even going to pretend that I am going to make these…i don’t trust myself! They look unreal! What did you satisfy the sweet tooth with last night??
Khushboo recently posted..11 things before 11/11/11

37 Courtney November 11, 2011 at 8:38 am

Haha, last night actually required a glass of wine instead of the sweets ;)

38 Kristin Mac November 11, 2011 at 6:07 am

Wow these look soo amazing! I will definitely be making them, but only when I have a party to take them to so I don’t end up sitting around and eating them all myself :p thanks for the recipe!