Fun With Numbers

by Courtney on November 11, 2011

Today is 11-11-11; how fun is that, right? I think I’m feeling like I need to do everything in sets of 11 today or something. I’ve actually always been really into number things like that, especially when it comes to dates and times on the clock.

As soon as I realized the date of our wedding, I became slightly obsessed with it…

01/02/2010 <—mirror image!

(That photo above is from our engagement photo session and has always been one of my favorites. Our photographer photo shopped the numbers on the back of the bowling shoes to be the date for our wedding.)

And all growing up (and still to this day), I try to come up with math facts when I look at a digital clock. For example, I would look at the clock below and think, “okay, 4 x 2 = 8, or, 8 / 2 = 4.”

source

I don’t know, I suppose I’m sort of weird with that stuff? Unless anyone else wants to tell me they do it too so I don’t feel bad that I’m not the only one?

*****

Yesterday, I didn’t get much of a chance to show you my eats, but one thing in particular deserves a quick mention.

I made another salad which was, in one word, amazing. I used the other half of my grilled chicken breast from Wednesday and paired it with romaine, cukes, bread and butter pickles, diced pear, dried cranberries, and goat cheese.

I also packed up some Newman’s Own Light Caesar dressing to have with it (even though I wish we had balsamic right now) which was delish.

The combination of ingredients in that salad was perfect; I really need to put fruits in my salad more often!

*****

Workout & Breakfast

I woke up this morning in the mood to move, but didn’t feel like doing anything too strenuous. That left me with two of my favorite, low-key options:

It was perfect for what I was craving today!

Breakfast was another repeat of yesterday

Boring? Maybe. Delicious? Abso-freakin-lutely! I also made sure to toast my waffles a bit longer today which made things 10x better. This gal will definitely be picking up some more waffles on her way home from work today. Winking smile

Along with wafflewich I had a banana, my steaming-hot coffee, and a side of pilgrims.

Today is my short day of work and then it’s time for the WEEKEND! Open-mouthed smile

***On another note, I also want to give a big, HUGE shout out to all of our Veterans out there. Thank you all so much for your incredible bravery and hard work. Happy Veterans Day to you all!***

Questions for the Morning:

Do you ever play any number games of your own?

Did you (or will you) get engagement photos done?

1 Aine @ Something to Chew Over November 11, 2011 at 9:18 am

I hate maths so I tend to avoid numbers ;)
Aine @ Something to Chew Over recently posted..Broccoli, Leek and Potato Soup

2 Khushboo November 11, 2011 at 9:21 am

I am as quirky with numbers- I’ll admit I am a geek..love ‘playing’ with numbers!
Khushboo recently posted..11 things before 11/11/11

3 emily November 11, 2011 at 9:25 am

i do the same thing with the numbers on a clock!
and i dont even like math!!

4 Yaara November 11, 2011 at 9:27 am

Your eggs alwayss look so deliciously fluffy. How do you get them that way? Do you use a special egg pan or egg cooker? When I fry up my egg whites they are always more flat. But yours look so good!!

5 Courtney November 11, 2011 at 9:30 am

Thanks! I actually use egg substitute, so that may be part of the reason why? I just cook them up in a skillet and fold them over, omelet style.

6 Katie November 11, 2011 at 9:32 am

I love those kind of fun number things! My dad and I text every time there is ever a remotely cool date like this, so we are super excited for today at 11:11!
Katie recently posted..Caramelized Onions and Prosciutto Pizza

7 Lindsey November 11, 2011 at 9:32 am

LOVE that engagement photo :) We did have engagement photos done too and they are my favorite! Don’t get me wrong I love my wedding photos but I think the engagement ones are just more “us”, if that makes sense!
Lindsey recently posted..Throwback

8 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries November 11, 2011 at 9:32 am

My husband is a huge lover of numbers too. He randomly will count stuff and will do stuff like you do with digital clocks. I always make fun of him for it. ;)

We had a good friend take engagement photos for us. I would’ve loved if our photographer for our wedding could’ve done it, but they charged an extra arm & leg for engagements too. Our friend did a great job though! And I LOVE that photo of you guys in the bowling shoes – so creative and cute!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..A New Tradition

9 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile November 11, 2011 at 9:33 am

I kind of do stuff like that. I always look at the clock at 1:11 though! So weird. Fruit in salads are my favoriteeee, so good!

10 Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean November 11, 2011 at 9:33 am

i do the same thing with the numbers on the clock :)
Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean recently posted..Brew Your Own Beer! Yes You Can – Even The Bean Did It!

11 Hope November 11, 2011 at 9:34 am

I love the engagement photo! So cute! :)

We did an engagement shoot and it was definitely not what I was looking for. A few of the shots were good and usuable but the majority of them were not. We did a second shoot with our actual wedding photographer and he did a phenomenal job. It just sucks that we had to pay twice.
Hope recently posted..It’s Gonna Be A Good Life…

12 Cherie @ Cherie Runs This November 11, 2011 at 9:36 am

Very cute engagement photo! :-) Hmm, I can’t think of anything weird I do with numbers on the clock, but I swear every time I look at the clock, it’s 7:27. Very odd to me. Maybe I should play it on the lottery…haa.
Cherie @ Cherie Runs This recently posted..Power Tower = Tower of Love

13 Nancy (Beyoutiful Fitstyle) November 11, 2011 at 9:37 am

I am obsessed at looking at engagement photos! (thank you pinterest!) People keep asking me when my boyfriend and I are getting married but I think he may propose in the next couple of months. AND I’m going to a wedding today! Yay for 11.11.11! I saw a tweet today that 24,000 couples are scheduled to get married today, insane!
Nancy (Beyoutiful Fitstyle) recently posted..Turkey Trot Search

14 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen November 11, 2011 at 9:37 am

I love that engagement picture! We did ours like a week before our wedding and I hated them (and our wedding pictures.) Our photographer was a friend of my husband’s family so I kind of had no choice/say in the matter and regret it all the time.
Is that actually you guys in the picture?
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Butterfinger dough balls

15 Courtney November 11, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Yup! That’s us :-D

16 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun November 11, 2011 at 9:39 am

I always do the 11:11 wish on the clock. And as you know I loved that B came on 1/11/11 – even if it was mid ice storm LOL
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Hashtag It

17 Courtney November 11, 2011 at 4:43 pm

I do that too! All.the.time….and at 1:11, 2:22, 3:33, 4:44, 5:55, 10:10, and 12:12 too.
Weirdo maybe? ;)

18 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine November 11, 2011 at 9:40 am

I totally play number games. Your engagement picture is SO cute!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Chocolate Covered Strawberry Oats

19 Jill November 11, 2011 at 9:42 am

I have a weird number thing: I ALWAYS count stairs. Even as a child growing up, I would count the stairs in our house everytime I went up and down them. It’s weird. And I used to always look at the clock and try to figure out if the time was divisible by 3. I don’t do that one as much anymore. So weird….
Jill recently posted..Blah Monday

20 Cara @ EAT. PRAY. RUN. November 11, 2011 at 9:45 am

Wafflewhiches are so good! I haven’t made one in years but you have def brought back the idea and I wil be picking up some waffles today @ Trader Joe’s for sure! It’ll mean kickin the pumpkin oatmeal habit for a day but I know it’ll be worth it! :) Happy Weekend!
Cara @ EAT. PRAY. RUN. recently posted..Nothing Golden About Those Arches

21 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat November 11, 2011 at 9:46 am

Oh my gosh I LOVE that photo! We tried for 9/10/11, but ended up with 9/3 – it was more important to us to get the church we wanted. :)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Big Lots and Big Wins

22 Amanda November 11, 2011 at 9:50 am

I do the number game with lots of things! When chosing our wedding date we had other reasons to choose our date but it just so happens to be 6/2/12. 6×2=12!

23 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles November 11, 2011 at 9:57 am

That is the cutest engagement photo ever! LOVE IT! Your wedding date is a palendrome- lucky duck! :)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..The worst date I’ve ever had… I’m sure I’ll get a crown for that one!

24 Courtney November 11, 2011 at 4:42 pm

THAT’S the word!!! I could not, for the life of me, think of what it was called this morning when typing up the post. Thank you for making me go a little less crazy :)

25 Samantha November 11, 2011 at 9:58 am

That engagement pic is AWESOME! I love it!

I’m a giant numbers geek. I do that stuff all the time – adding and subtracting things like times and license plate numbers.

When (if) I get married again, I would love to have engagement photos done.
Samantha recently posted..(Mostly) Wordless Wednesday: Fall in Central Park

26 Shayla @ The Good Life November 11, 2011 at 10:06 am

Awww I love that photo! And I love the mirror image of your wedding date!

I am totally numbers obsessed just like you – I do the math thing on the clock like you and my favorite number is 19 so I always set my alarm with the minutes at 19 or ending in a 9. I also really wanted the 19th for our wedding date but it was booked so we settled for the weekend after – at least our wedding year was 2009 so I still got my 9 in there ;) Now who’s the weird one?!
Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..How to Enjoy Holiday Eating, Without Fear

27 Courtney November 11, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Haha, well we can both be weird together then ;)

28 Shannon November 11, 2011 at 10:07 am

That engagement photo is so cute w/ the bowling shoes having the numbers of your wedding date. What a creative idea! :)

1. Yes, I tend to have a number obsession too. For example, if it’s 11:11, I always, always, always make a wish (even if it’s during a class- shhhhhhhh, don’t tell my teachers I said that!). Sometimes, I forget though. :( I’ll be sure not to today because today is 11.11.11, and making a wish at 11:11 has got to be extra special, right?

2. I probably will not get engagement photos. I’ll just send out a “SAVE THE DATE” message when I’m going to get married.
Shannon recently posted..Random Questions

29 Kayla November 11, 2011 at 10:15 am

OMG! I do that all the time with the numbers on clocks, license plates, etc. I thought I was alone, but I knew I couldn’t possibly be. Thanks for making me feel less like a weirdo.
Kayla recently posted..Snowvember

30 Courtney November 11, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Hey, anytime ;)

31 Shannon November 11, 2011 at 10:18 am

I am the weirdest person ever when it comes to numbers!!!! Ecspecially when working out……
For example, whenever I am on a cardio machine (Elliptical, treadmill, bike, etc.) I always have to stop on an even numbers in evey category…. the time, miles and calories burned. There no one I would press stop on a machine if my time was 17:37, miles was 2.03 and calories burned were 219… I have to make sure they are all even together before I stop! Like this morning on the treadmill I ran for 22:00 min, 2.16 miles and burned 244 cals….. haha wow, im a freak! maybe I need to get checked for OCD haha

32 Carly November 11, 2011 at 10:35 am

Such a clever engagement photo! Love it! There are so many weird similarities I have noticed between things I do and things you mention on your blogs! (So we are either both crazy or both not – I don’t know what I prefer!) I am exactly the same with numbers and clocks! And with exercise machines too (funny you mention that too, shannon).

33 Courtney November 11, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Yay! :)

34 Cassie November 11, 2011 at 10:40 am

Love that engagement photo! I have a number obsession with 15 – my parents were each born on the 15th of a month (September and October) and I was born on the 30th (April), so it’s like my Mom & Dad put together to make me! And the house number of the home I grew up in is 15. Plus, my parent’s home phone number adds up to 30 (multiple of 15). My jersey number in high school and college for volleyball and lacrosse was 15. And when it was time to get married, we picked 5/15/10 – the month and year add up to 15 and the date is 15!

35 Courtney November 11, 2011 at 4:41 pm

That’s so cool!

36 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health November 11, 2011 at 10:41 am

I love what you do with numbers! I don’t always do stuff like that, but I guess when it’s more obvious then I absolutely will….maybe I’m just not that creative haha. And that engagement picture is so cute! I can’t wait to have engagement photos done. Of course that would require that I be engaged first haha.
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Guest Post – Making the Most of the Holidays

37 Claire November 11, 2011 at 10:44 am

Hey Court! I’m glad I have time to comment today :-) I am a “numbers” girl, too. Cannot believe I am admitting this! Haha.
Cute engagement photos! The bowling shoes are just too cute. I plan on doing them SOMEDAY, but haven’t the slightest idea what I would do. I have seen quite a few ideas to keep in mind! Have a great day I’m off to get a giant coffee and start homework!
Claire recently posted..Truthful Thursday Ramblin’

38 Callie @ Callieflower Kitchen November 11, 2011 at 10:57 am

Today is actually a holiday in Canada – Remembrance Day. Every year on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, we wear red poppies and take a minute of silence for those who died in war. Never hard to remember because of the unique set of 11’s :)
Callie @ Callieflower Kitchen recently posted..Getting Back on the Bike

39 Lena @Fit on the Rocks November 11, 2011 at 11:27 am

I play weird number games, too! Usually it’s only for important things like access codes, phone numbers, and birthdays, but I catch myself doing it with random numbers now.
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Get Ready to Rock n Roll!

40 Sarah Bittorf November 11, 2011 at 11:42 am

OMG – I used to do that with clocks ALL the time. I seriously have never admitted to that – so glad I’m not alone!!! :-)
Sarah Bittorf recently posted..Armistice Day ~ Holiday in Belgie

41 Jess@atasteofconfidence November 11, 2011 at 11:49 am

I do that all the time too, don’t feel weird haha…especially with the clock!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..my teach for america experience

42 Chelcie of Chelcie's Food Files November 11, 2011 at 11:53 am

I love that photo of the bowling shoes with you’re wedding date! such a cool idea!
Chelcie of Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..Thursday Throwback-Studying Abroad in Spain

43 Candice @ Sailing on Paper November 11, 2011 at 12:05 pm

I definitely will get photos once I’m engaged–I think they’re such a fun way to celebrate the occasion. Some of the most gorgeous photos I’ve seen are this set: http://greenweddingshoes.com/a-fun-camping-engagement-session/ Perfect for fall/winter!
Candice @ Sailing on Paper recently posted..A State of Happiness

44 Karina November 11, 2011 at 12:24 pm

Love your engagement photo – such a cute idea. Your breakfast looks so good, love the idea of using waffles instead of bread!
Karina recently posted..INSANITY

45 Kim @ The Family Practice November 11, 2011 at 12:37 pm

I do that with clocks too – also license plates from time to time. So glad I’m not the only one!!
Loving the wafflewich! I always do that and call it a waffle sandwich – clearly, not as cool as you ;)
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Thanksgiving for 6 Under $60 – The Menu

46 Stacy @ Stacy Eats November 11, 2011 at 12:46 pm

I’m glad I’m not the only one – I love numbers and fun dates too!! My good friend turned 21 on 07-07-07! It’s lucky and adds up to 21! Pretty cool, huh?
I got engaged in August and I’m actually about to call our photographer to book our engagement session soon. Your pic is too cute and love your wedding date!

47 Courtney November 11, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Okay, that is officially awesome!

48 Rachel November 11, 2011 at 12:54 pm

I totally do the same thing with digital clocks. I have ever since I was little. I think it is a sign that we think mathematically and like to see patterns with numbers? Essentially, it just means we are smarties :)
Rachel recently posted..WIAW: A Day in the Life of a Teacher Candidate

49 Courtney November 11, 2011 at 4:39 pm

I’ll take it! ;)

50 Amanda November 11, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Being a math major… I see numbers like that too! I do the SAME thing with clocks and anytime I see numbers like on the DVR set :) don’t feel silly!

51 Julie @SavvyEats November 11, 2011 at 2:23 pm

I totally do the clock thing too… with license plates as well!
Julie @SavvyEats recently posted..Chicken Taquitos

52 Courtney November 11, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Yes! Me too!

53 Erica November 11, 2011 at 2:29 pm

i love that bowling shoes photo! so creative and cute!
we did something similar for our engagement shoot with billiards balls.
Erica recently posted..an ode to beauty blogs: sephora finds

54 Jeannie Waters November 11, 2011 at 2:45 pm

I do the same thing with numbers on a clock!!!! And my friends used to get SO annoyed when I’d shout one out in the car. hahaha. I was such a dork in high school. Still do it, but keep it to myself :) Glad I’m not the only!
Jeannie Waters recently posted..Real Mail

55 Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled November 11, 2011 at 3:05 pm

What a cute engagement picture! We had engagements photos done at this amazing local garden. I love them and can’t wait to have more copies made to go in our new house, whenever that happens. We had two photos matte boarded so that people could write on the board at our wedding. It made for such a great guest book.
Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled recently posted..Is It the Weekend Yet?

56 Taryn November 11, 2011 at 3:19 pm

OMG! I totally do the same thing with digital clocks too! I thought I was the only one! That’s part of the reason I like the analog so that I’m not constantly thinking about math all the time. : P

57 Laura November 11, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Such a cute engagement photo! One of the coolest I’ve ever seen. I’m not engaged yet but I definitely want engagement pictures. I think they’re so fun and will be neat to look back on. :)
Laura recently posted..Reader’s Request: Breaking the Cycle

58 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 11, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Aw that engagement picture is so cute! I did get engagement photos done!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Chicken-Bacon Mac & Cheese

59 Kerry @ Half Healthy, Half Nuts November 11, 2011 at 4:45 pm

I was a math major in college, so I always see fun stuff in numbers (like your clock example above). And I LOVE that engagement photo, what a fun idea!! Our engagement session was done at Disney World and Epcot. It was SO FUN. We were fortunate to have a photographer who had an annual pass like us, so we all got in free to do the photo shoot. We had a blast and the pics turned out amazing!

60 Haley B November 11, 2011 at 5:25 pm

I do the same think with numbers on the clock…I also always look for my birthday (10:13) or pi (3:14) haha. I’ve found that other people either think I’m crazy or they do it too! haha. As far as 11/11/11 goes I totally set an alarm so I would remember to look at my clock at 11:11!

61 Jen@FoodFamilyFitness November 11, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Love the engagement photos! The husband and I got married in 2001, before digital film and engagement photos were cool, so ours are boring and just done at a local park :)

Any time I can’t sleep, I stare at the clock and do the same addition/subtraction/multiplication/divsion thing until I fall back asleep. I’m a weirdo.
Jen@FoodFamilyFitness recently posted..Broccoli Soup

62 Elizabeth @TheBareMidriff November 12, 2011 at 8:47 am

I do number games like that all the time! My favorite is this one. I turned 30 this year, on 9/10/11. 9 + 10 + 11 = 30!! Pretty cool! Love the engagement photo, too!
Elizabeth @TheBareMidriff recently posted..Festival Recap 2: It Must Be Fate

63 Cat @Breakfast to Bed November 12, 2011 at 9:17 am

I am OBSESSIVE with numbers like that. OBSESSIVE. Only it’s if it’s a prime number or divisible by more than 1 and itself. Things like that. <engineering major (biomedical, but still)
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Andy Dick as Rumplestiltskin

64 Jodi November 12, 2011 at 12:47 pm

I obsess over number too! For some reason I always think of odd numbers as unlucky.

That pic is so creative!
Jodi recently posted..Totally Mono-GLAMorous