Fun With Numbers

Today is 11-11-11; how fun is that, right? I think I’m feeling like I need to do everything in sets of 11 today or something. I’ve actually always been really into number things like that, especially when it comes to dates and times on the clock.

As soon as I realized the date of our wedding, I became slightly obsessed with it…

01/02/2010 <—mirror image!

(That photo above is from our engagement photo session and has always been one of my favorites. Our photographer photo shopped the numbers on the back of the bowling shoes to be the date for our wedding.)

And all growing up (and still to this day), I try to come up with math facts when I look at a digital clock. For example, I would look at the clock below and think, “okay, 4 x 2 = 8, or, 8 / 2 = 4.”

I don’t know, I suppose I’m sort of weird with that stuff? Unless anyone else wants to tell me they do it too so I don’t feel bad that I’m not the only one?

Yesterday, I didn’t get much of a chance to show you my eats, but one thing in particular deserves a quick mention.

I made another salad which was, in one word, amazing. I used the other half of my grilled chicken breast from Wednesday and paired it with romaine, cukes, bread and butter pickles, diced pear, dried cranberries, and goat cheese.

I also packed up some Newman’s Own Light Caesar dressing to have with it (even though I wish we had balsamic right now) which was delish.

The combination of ingredients in that salad was perfect; I really need to put fruits in my salad more often!

Workout & Breakfast

I woke up this morning in the mood to move, but didn’t feel like doing anything too strenuous. That left me with two of my favorite, low-key options:

It was perfect for what I was craving today!

Breakfast was another repeat of yesterday

Boring? Maybe. Delicious? Abso-freakin-lutely! I also made sure to toast my waffles a bit longer today which made things 10x better. This gal will definitely be picking up some more waffles on her way home from work today. Winking smile

Along with wafflewich I had a banana, my steaming-hot coffee, and a side of pilgrims.

Today is my short day of work and then it’s time for the WEEKEND! Open-mouthed smile

***On another note, I also want to give a big, HUGE shout out to all of our Veterans out there. Thank you all so much for your incredible bravery and hard work. Happy Veterans Day to you all!***

Questions for the Morning:

Do you ever play any number games of your own?

Did you (or will you) get engagement photos done?

1. Yaara says

Your eggs alwayss look so deliciously fluffy. How do you get them that way? Do you use a special egg pan or egg cooker? When I fry up my egg whites they are always more flat. But yours look so good!!

• Courtney says

Thanks! I actually use egg substitute, so that may be part of the reason why? I just cook them up in a skillet and fold them over, omelet style.

LOVE that engagement photo :) We did have engagement photos done too and they are my favorite! Don’t get me wrong I love my wedding photos but I think the engagement ones are just more “us”, if that makes sense!
    Lindsey recently posted..Throwback

My husband is a huge lover of numbers too. He randomly will count stuff and will do stuff like you do with digital clocks. I always make fun of him for it. 😉

We had a good friend take engagement photos for us. I would’ve loved if our photographer for our wedding could’ve done it, but they charged an extra arm & leg for engagements too. Our friend did a great job though! And I LOVE that photo of you guys in the bowling shoes – so creative and cute!
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..A New Tradition

I love the engagement photo! So cute! :)

We did an engagement shoot and it was definitely not what I was looking for. A few of the shots were good and usuable but the majority of them were not. We did a second shoot with our actual wedding photographer and he did a phenomenal job. It just sucks that we had to pay twice.
    Hope recently posted..It’s Gonna Be A Good Life…

I am obsessed at looking at engagement photos! (thank you pinterest!) People keep asking me when my boyfriend and I are getting married but I think he may propose in the next couple of months. AND I’m going to a wedding today! Yay for 11.11.11! I saw a tweet today that 24,000 couples are scheduled to get married today, insane!
    Nancy (Beyoutiful Fitstyle) recently posted..Turkey Trot Search

I love that engagement picture! We did ours like a week before our wedding and I hated them (and our wedding pictures.) Our photographer was a friend of my husband’s family so I kind of had no choice/say in the matter and regret it all the time.
    Is that actually you guys in the picture?
    Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Butterfinger dough balls

I have a weird number thing: I ALWAYS count stairs. Even as a child growing up, I would count the stairs in our house everytime I went up and down them. It’s weird. And I used to always look at the clock and try to figure out if the time was divisible by 3. I don’t do that one as much anymore. So weird….
    Jill recently posted..Blah Monday

8. Amanda says

I do the number game with lots of things! When chosing our wedding date we had other reasons to choose our date but it just so happens to be 6/2/12. 6×2=12!

• Courtney says

THAT’S the word!!! I could not, for the life of me, think of what it was called this morning when typing up the post. Thank you for making me go a little less crazy :)

Awww I love that photo! And I love the mirror image of your wedding date!

I am totally numbers obsessed just like you – I do the math thing on the clock like you and my favorite number is 19 so I always set my alarm with the minutes at 19 or ending in a 9. I also really wanted the 19th for our wedding date but it was booked so we settled for the weekend after – at least our wedding year was 2009 so I still got my 9 in there 😉 Now who’s the weird one?!
    Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..How to Enjoy Holiday Eating, Without Fear

That engagement photo is so cute w/ the bowling shoes having the numbers of your wedding date. What a creative idea! :)

1. Yes, I tend to have a number obsession too. For example, if it’s 11:11, I always, always, always make a wish (even if it’s during a class- shhhhhhhh, don’t tell my teachers I said that!). Sometimes, I forget though. :( I’ll be sure not to today because today is 11.11.11, and making a wish at 11:11 has got to be extra special, right?

2. I probably will not get engagement photos. I’ll just send out a “SAVE THE DATE” message when I’m going to get married.
    Shannon recently posted..Random Questions

OMG! I do that all the time with the numbers on clocks, license plates, etc. I thought I was alone, but I knew I couldn’t possibly be. Thanks for making me feel less like a weirdo.
    Kayla recently posted..Snowvember

I am the weirdest person ever when it comes to numbers!!!! Ecspecially when working out……
    For example, whenever I am on a cardio machine (Elliptical, treadmill, bike, etc.) I always have to stop on an even numbers in evey category…. the time, miles and calories burned. There no one I would press stop on a machine if my time was 17:37, miles was 2.03 and calories burned were 219… I have to make sure they are all even together before I stop! Like this morning on the treadmill I ran for 22:00 min, 2.16 miles and burned 244 cals….. haha wow, im a freak! maybe I need to get checked for OCD haha

13. Carly says

Such a clever engagement photo! Love it! There are so many weird similarities I have noticed between things I do and things you mention on your blogs! (So we are either both crazy or both not – I don’t know what I prefer!) I am exactly the same with numbers and clocks! And with exercise machines too (funny you mention that too, shannon).

14. Cassie says

Love that engagement photo! I have a number obsession with 15 – my parents were each born on the 15th of a month (September and October) and I was born on the 30th (April), so it’s like my Mom & Dad put together to make me! And the house number of the home I grew up in is 15. Plus, my parent’s home phone number adds up to 30 (multiple of 15). My jersey number in high school and college for volleyball and lacrosse was 15. And when it was time to get married, we picked 5/15/10 – the month and year add up to 15 and the date is 15!

Hey Court! I’m glad I have time to comment today :-) I am a “numbers” girl, too. Cannot believe I am admitting this! Haha.
    Cute engagement photos! The bowling shoes are just too cute. I plan on doing them SOMEDAY, but haven’t the slightest idea what I would do. I have seen quite a few ideas to keep in mind! Have a great day I’m off to get a giant coffee and start homework!
    Claire recently posted..Truthful Thursday Ramblin’

I’m glad I’m not the only one – I love numbers and fun dates too!! My good friend turned 21 on 07-07-07! It’s lucky and adds up to 21! Pretty cool, huh?
    I got engaged in August and I’m actually about to call our photographer to book our engagement session soon. Your pic is too cute and love your wedding date!

17. Amanda says

Being a math major… I see numbers like that too! I do the SAME thing with clocks and anytime I see numbers like on the DVR set :) don’t feel silly!

I do the same thing with numbers on a clock!!!! And my friends used to get SO annoyed when I’d shout one out in the car. hahaha. I was such a dork in high school. Still do it, but keep it to myself :) Glad I’m not the only!
    Jeannie Waters recently posted..Real Mail

What a cute engagement picture! We had engagements photos done at this amazing local garden. I love them and can’t wait to have more copies made to go in our new house, whenever that happens. We had two photos matte boarded so that people could write on the board at our wedding. It made for such a great guest book.
    Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled recently posted..Is It the Weekend Yet?

20. Taryn says

OMG! I totally do the same thing with digital clocks too! I thought I was the only one! That’s part of the reason I like the analog so that I’m not constantly thinking about math all the time. : P

I was a math major in college, so I always see fun stuff in numbers (like your clock example above). And I LOVE that engagement photo, what a fun idea!! Our engagement session was done at Disney World and Epcot. It was SO FUN. We were fortunate to have a photographer who had an annual pass like us, so we all got in free to do the photo shoot. We had a blast and the pics turned out amazing!

22. Haley B says

I do the same think with numbers on the clock…I also always look for my birthday (10:13) or pi (3:14) haha. I’ve found that other people either think I’m crazy or they do it too! haha. As far as 11/11/11 goes I totally set an alarm so I would remember to look at my clock at 11:11!

Love the engagement photos! The husband and I got married in 2001, before digital film and engagement photos were cool, so ours are boring and just done at a local park :)

Any time I can’t sleep, I stare at the clock and do the same addition/subtraction/multiplication/divsion thing until I fall back asleep. I’m a weirdo.
    Jen@FoodFamilyFitness recently posted..Broccoli Soup