Little of This, Little of That

by Courtney on November 12, 2011

Well, today has certainly been a busy Saturday, filled with a little of this and a little of that!

First up, I put on my Bargain Shopper shoes (<—actually, I don’t really have bargain shopping shoes, but I did wear my newest pair of boots) and headed out to save some money.

Earlier this week, I got myself a new jacket from Express, courtesy of my wonderful mom (I’ll be sure to show you guys the jacket soon, probably tomorrow). Well when I got the jacket, I used a coupon; but the next day, I noticed on their website that all of the outerwear was on sale. You know what that means, right?

Pride adjustment time.

Luckily, I had no problems getting my adjusted price, got myself a nice little refund, AND basically ended up getting a free lip gloss in the grand scheme of things. By the time all was said and done, I got my new jacket down from the original $98.00 price to about $50.00. I’ll take that any day!

So once I was finished saving some moola, I went ahead and decided to treat myself to some afternoon goodies. First up? A much-needed pedicure.

I few weeks ago, we got some coupons in the mail, with one of them being to a new-to-me nail salon. I had heard really good things about the “Happy Feet” foot spa special and originally planned on doing that.

However, once I got there, I saw three women who were currently getting it done. That particular service was located right in the front of the (very busy) salon, and the women were totally reclined on these huge chairs, had their faces covered with eye masks, and were semi-covered in towels.

Basically, they looked like they were in their glory; however, I didn’t feel all that comfortable being in such a vulnerable-looking position right in the front of the salon. Call me crazy, but I felt like it should have been in a bit more private setting?

Either way, I opted for the pedicure, used the $5.00 off coupon, and me and my pretty purple toes were on our way…to get some fro yo. Winking smile

As anticipated, the first 3 ounces of my amazing afternoon treat were free, and I enjoyed every bite of it while sitting in my car by myself rocking out to the radio. Hey, I don’t give a hoot. My favorite song even came on, so it was fantastic.

Today’s fro yo combo: cookies & cream + raspberry & white chocolate mousse swirl, topped with caramel, chocolate chips, cheesecake bits, granola, Oreos, and rainbow sprinkles.

A little random, but totally delicious. I can totally foresee this place being a problem for my wallet. Oy vey.

*****

Once I was done “pampering” myself for the afternoon, I headed home and took care of a little studying. My journey to becoming a personal trainer has not been an easy one. I’m not going to lie and say that it’s all been a piece of cake, because there is definitely a lot to learn. But ya know what? I am loving it.

Granted, I’ll love it a whole lot more once the studying part is finished and the “doing” part is happening, but I’m getting there…only three chapters left!

After the studying was done for today, I heated up the rest of my leftover Spinach Lentil soup for a light dinner and enjoyed it while baking up some cookies.

Tonight, Jay and I are headed over to Sarah & Jeff’s for a birthday party, so I figured I’d bring a sweet treat to share.

I used one of my all-time favorite cookie recipes and swapped out the Heath bar bits for a combination of butterscotch and chocolate chips.

Jay and I already taste-tested and they definitely got a quick four thumbs up.

Gotta run…it’s party time! Hope everyone is having a great Saturday! Smile

1 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 12, 2011 at 7:19 pm

We have a Happy Feet around where I live too – I’ve never been, but a woman I work with swears by them!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..after yoga salad

2 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries November 12, 2011 at 7:20 pm

I love using coupons! They always make me feel so much better about spending money. :) It sounded like you had a great Saturday afternoon! Your fro-yo looks so good. I’m about to go convince the hubby that we need to go get some now…
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..It’s Raining, It’s Pouring…

3 Shannon November 12, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Nice deals! I love saving money. :)

Uh, oh. You just reminded me that I have to run to TCBY before tomorrow is over and get that 3 oz. free frozen yogurt. Thank you for the reminder!

I remember studying carbohydrates in Biology with the monosaccarides (simple sugars) and disaccarides (complex sugars). That was 10 chapters ago!

I want those cookies but…we have brownies at home. I’ll eat those instead.
Shannon recently posted..Veteran’s Day

4 Mallory @ It's Only Life November 12, 2011 at 7:37 pm

your froyo creation looks amazing. no worries, i totally eat treats in my car alone — when i want it, i want it ;)

holy cookies! i’m going to be making a TON of your recipes during the holiday season- can’t wait to try em out!
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Time To Switch It Up

5 Lauren November 12, 2011 at 7:38 pm

I didn’t realize that Express honored price adjustments. Good to know!!! This could have saved me hundreds in the past.
Lauren recently posted..Camera Difficulties :(

6 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 12, 2011 at 8:17 pm

This looks like a fun Saturday! I LOVE TCBY! That used to be one of my staples in college. I think the guy that owned the place started judging my roommate & I for buying so much fro yo!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Thanksgiving Desserts: Brought to you by Pinterest

7 Mandee November 12, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Every time I see the Heath bar bits, I think of your blog because that’s the first time I’d heard of them!

I am jealous of your day–fro yo and pedicure, two of my fav things!
Mandee recently posted..Surf’s Up, Cupcake!

8 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile November 12, 2011 at 9:06 pm

I got a pedicure too!! Nothing better. Have a great time at the party!!
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..Random Musings

9 Khushboo November 12, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Pedicures & fro yo…does life get any better?! Love when my toes are freshly painted!
Khushboo recently posted..Getting results: diet versus exercise

10 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy November 13, 2011 at 7:50 am

That’s a great deal on the Express jacket…there’s one right by my work, so I might have to check it out more often for deals :). I would feel awkward being so exposed in the front of the salon too!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..He Got Down on One Knee

11 Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 13, 2011 at 10:15 am

The cookies look delicious!! Congrats on almost being done with your studying! You’ll feel SO accomplished once it’s all over!! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..The day before the big day.

12 Claire November 13, 2011 at 11:12 am

Happy Sunday! That pedicure position doesn’t sound appealing at all, but I guess with the face mask on you could maybe convince me ;-) I need a pedicure so badly!

13 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles November 13, 2011 at 12:41 pm

When my fav song comes on I’ll stay in the car and jam out- Hey, it’s my favorite afterall, I’m not going to walk out on it ;)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..The things that make me happy…. {{giveaway time!}}

14 Lena @ Fit on the Rocks November 13, 2011 at 4:19 pm

I desperately need a pedicure lol. Have fun at the party tonight!
Lena @ Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Food Heaven

15 Kelly November 13, 2011 at 5:10 pm

I am kind of the opposite with my fro-yo. I can’t have too much going on at one time. I usually (like 98% of the time) only get one flavor with one topping. My husband on the other time goes crazy with both flavors and toppings. We are so different in our fro-yo obsessions.
Kelly recently posted..compromises

16 Courtney November 13, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Haha, that’s funny. Do you always like to do the same flavor and topping, or do you switch those up?

17 Kim @ The Family Practice November 13, 2011 at 6:24 pm

I never even knew Express had coupons… Nice job on the bargain hunting!
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Thanksgiving for 6 Under $60 – Cranberry Sauce Prep

18 Nicole November 13, 2011 at 6:59 pm

What kind of cookies do you tend to like? Thin & Crispy? Soft & Chewy?

19 Courtney November 13, 2011 at 7:59 pm

It varies, but I’d say I’m more of a soft and chewy for sure. :)

20 Jodi November 14, 2011 at 9:24 am

Wow; that’s a huge sale on the jacket. Score! I am trying to hold off on shopping until I get all my Christmas presents bought. It’s a hard feat…

I would have felt a little uncomfortable being right in the front of the store, as well. It seems they should have put that station in the back.
Jodi recently posted..Totally Mono-GLAMorous