Down For The Count

by Courtney on November 13, 2011

Hey everyone! Sorry it’s been so long since I’ve been around. I sort of decided to just enjoy the day today and give the camera a little break.

Jay and I had a nice little Sunday, complete with a delicious breakfast, some coupon clipping, an afternoon of football and snacks spent with friends, and then a delicious dinner…which was ready and waiting for us in the crockpot as soon as we got home.

Gosh, I really, REALLY love my crockpot.

Tonight’s recipe for Balsamic Chicken came courtesy of my latest semi-addiction, Pinterest. I don’t really know how I came across it, but I do think I may actually be starting to get a hang of the whole “pinning” thing. I was also pretty impressed with the fact that I decided to actually make one of my “pins” so quickly. Usually I just end up bookmarking recipes and then forget about them…

The recipe came from Skinny Crockpot, which may also now be one of my latest obsessions. I swear, I’m going to start putting this contraption to use more often. I followed the recipe almost exactly, but I substituted 3 tsp. of minced garlic for the garlic cloves.

The chicken was not only full of flavor but was so moist that it practically fell apart with the touch of the fork.

I served our Balsamic Chicken over some whole wheat thin spaghetti, which made for one heck of a delicious dish. Plus, it’s healthy, too…it’s a win-win!

(And we’ve even got leftovers, too. Saweeeet.)

*****

Not long after we sat down for dinner (in the living room at our TV trays, because we’re super fancy like that) somebody wanted to play.

I’m telling you, his special radar is always right on target with our dinners, especially if we’re eating in the living room.

We played fetch a couple of times, which I figured that would be enough to keep him happy, but he was relentless tonight.

IMG_9844IMG_9841

And definitely would not take “no” for an answer. Can’t you tell?

So we played a bit more, and had a few good laughs as he was flying through the air.

But I think we must have tired him out…what do ya think?

Cody is down for the count right now.

Awww, my little buddy. Smile

It’s almost time for my JETS to play…fingers crossed for a win tonight!!

Question for the Evening:

What was the best part of your weekend?

1 Cait @ Beyond Bananas November 13, 2011 at 8:12 pm

My fiance is all set up for his Jets game!! It is fun because I am a Giants fan.. so we’ve got that rivalry going on all the time! Although I am hurtin’ after todays game. Better luck to the Jets.. I am a pure New York fan at heart.. and as long as the Jets aren’t playing the Giants… I will root for them!
Cait @ Beyond Bananas recently posted..Weekend Scenes

2 Mallory @ It's Only Life November 13, 2011 at 8:28 pm

cody is too cute. he just reminds me so much of my cat at home ( miss him! )

delicious-looking dinner. my mom just got me a crock pot but i have yet to use it!
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Hangover Without Alcohol

3 Lindsey November 13, 2011 at 8:29 pm

3 birthday celebrations! I am checking out that recipe right now :)
Lindsey recently posted..Where To Start?

4 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 13, 2011 at 8:31 pm

The best part of my weekend was not doing a thing. For real – we had no plans. I took the time to catch up on housework, blogwork, and couch time.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..every step counts

5 Lauren November 13, 2011 at 9:00 pm

This reminds me that I need to start bookmarking more crock pot recipes. Especially now that it gets colder and darker, I have little motivation to come home and cook.
Lauren recently posted..Locked Up

6 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn November 13, 2011 at 9:13 pm

Awwweeeee your kitty makes me miss my puppy like it’s not even funny. Slash I skyped with my dog tonight….yeah I have issues. Mwahhh
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..#SyracuseProblems

7 Haley B November 13, 2011 at 10:02 pm

I think I pinned that exact recipe and put it on this week’s menu! Groceries are bought for it and everything. Haha. Glad to know it turned out delish!

8 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile November 13, 2011 at 10:24 pm

I miss my crockpot! My brother took it to college, I need a new one. I have relaxed this weekend too. The best part was probably getting a mani pedi. I was waaay over due!

9 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill November 13, 2011 at 10:29 pm

Celebrating my mom’s birthday on a tropical island has made a pretty awesome weekend! :)
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Botanical Walk and Birthday Cake

10 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles November 13, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Watching the Jets game.right.now! J-E-T-S Jets,Jets,Jets,JETS! :)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..The things that make me happy…. {{giveaway time!}}

11 Khushboo November 14, 2011 at 12:13 am

The best part of my weekend was brunch on Sunday…and when I say brunch, think day-time clubbing, too much booze and basically the funnest day I’ve had in a while!
Khushboo recently posted..Getting results: diet versus exercise

12 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 14, 2011 at 7:54 am

Ok, now I’m going to start searching for crock pot recipes on Pinterest! I seriously love my crock pot… I use it at least once a week!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Weekend Re-Cap & a New Breakfast Recipe

13 Hope November 14, 2011 at 8:13 am

That chicken looks great! Thanks for posting that crockpot website. I’m definitely checking it out. I love using the crockpot especially in the fall/winter. :)

The best part of my weekend was baking peanut butter banana bread and just relaxing.
Hope recently posted..The Start Of A Busy Week…

14 Jodi November 14, 2011 at 9:27 am

I took it easy this weekend, too.

My mother-in-law recently gave me a crockpot that I’ve been dying to break out. It is so nice to have dinner just waiting on you! Your chicken dish looks YUM!
Jodi recently posted..Totally Mono-GLAMorous

15 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! November 14, 2011 at 10:56 am

aw! hes so snuggly!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Brownie Cookies

16 Shannon November 14, 2011 at 4:26 pm

That chicken looks so good! :) I may just have to print that recipe and give it to my mom.

I didn’t really do anything special this weekend. I didn’t get a chance to go to TCBY. :( I guess sometimes it’s a good thing to just relax, right?
Shannon recently posted..Veteran’s Day

17 Holly November 16, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Thanks for the link to Skinny Crockpot- that is AWESOME :D Totally stalking it now for new recipes!
Hope studying is going well for you- I was JUST thinking about you the other day- totally meant to comment..but I haven’t been reading ANY blogs lately (let alone writing anything)- I have just been SO busy studying that I have ZERO free time..& no social life- haha :) Thank goodness it will all be over Monday night..and i will be a very happy person :) BUT I just wanted to say that I admire your ability to study, work & blog all of the time- you are a rockstar!!
Holly recently posted..Clothes of a Champion

18 Courtney November 16, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Aww, thanks for taking the time to comment, Holly! I know you’ve been super busy, but like you said, ALMOST there!!
I’ll be thinking of you too, girly!