Vanilla Glazed Cranberry Apple Cookies

by Courtney on November 15, 2011

Vanilla Glazed Cranberry Apple Cookies! (see recipe below)

I love apples. I love cookies. I also love apples in my cookies.

Back in October, you may remember when Jay and I celebrated our 3rd Annual Fall Festival with some of our closest friends. You may also remember me briefly mentioning a delicious plate full of apple cookies that our friend Mal had brought to share that day.

Mal had made these cookies once before on another occasion when we got together and I just had to snag the recipe from her. She’s pretty good about sharing her recipes, thank goodness, because I have yet to have one of hers that are not incredible (case in point).

I’d been wanting to make my own batch of these for a while now, and earlier this week I finally got enough time to whip up a batch of my own. I made a couple slight modifications to her original recipe, one of which substituted dried cranberries for raisins. I’ve always loved the combination of apples and cranberries (remember this and this?) so I figured why not give it a try in the cookies.

Well, I cannot begin to tell you how much I am currently in love with these cookies. Between the combination of spices, the sweet apples and cranberries, the chewy center, and the slightly crispy edges, they are just awesome. Not to mention the fact that they practically scream “fall.”

I <3 all things fall.

Oh, and don’t even get me started about when they’re topped with the glaze.

Good lord.

Perhaps these will make their way into your holiday baking plans?

I know they’ll be in mine.

1 Cat @Breakfast to Bed November 15, 2011 at 1:34 pm

I am betting that between the apple and the milk, if you used butter, they would spppppread. These look awesome.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Uncle Jerry Is A Pain In The Arse.

2 Lindsay @ biking before bed November 15, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Pumpkin is great and all but I think that apple and cranberry together are the best fall flavors! I always avoid keeping Craisins in the house because I will eat the whole bag in a sitting!
Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..Maple Roasted Veggie Medley

3 Hope November 15, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Oh, my! My mouth is watering right now. These cookies look absolutely delicious! I love the idea of cranberry and apples in cookies together. Can we talk about that glaze too? So delicious! Definitely saving this recipe! :)
Hope recently posted..A Bertucci’s Meeting…

4 Jessi November 15, 2011 at 1:58 pm

Mmmmm!!! I’m going to a cookie swap in December and have to bring 4 DOZEN cookies!! These are officially on my list. What kind of apples did you use? I love every kind so it will be hard to choose!
Jessi recently posted..The BIG 3-0!

5 Courtney November 15, 2011 at 2:30 pm

I used a Macintosh and actually got all I needed out of one medium-sized apple.

6 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries November 15, 2011 at 2:07 pm

The vanilla glaze instantly sold me! The icing and glazes on baked goods are always my favorite. You’re so right, these totally scream fall, and I love it! Thanks for sharing.
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Trainer Tuesday: Upper Body Dumbbell Workout

7 Shanna, like Banana November 15, 2011 at 2:09 pm

MMm, cranberries in cookies are so under utilized. Love this recipe. I may make it next week as an addition to Thanksgiving desserts!
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..Maternity Photo Shoot!

8 Courtney November 15, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Do it – you won’t regret it! ;)

9 Faith @ For the Health of It November 15, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Gah, those look like the best fallish cookies ever! I’d love to try a little orange extract in the glaze – orange + cranberry is one of my favorite combos!

10 Leslie November 15, 2011 at 6:16 pm

You might be interested to know that Sees currently has a cranberry orange truffle! Yummy!

11 Faith November 15, 2011 at 7:36 pm

Boom, on my Christmas wishlist! Good call!

12 Lindsey November 15, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Yum for sure! I have a huge baking list but don’t think I cannot add these! If I wasn’t going back to work this afternoon I would be making these!
Lindsey recently posted..Early Christmas Gift!

13 TheBloggersBrother November 15, 2011 at 2:33 pm

OMG…ICING

14 Courtney November 15, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Stop by the shop after work and pick up a couple for yourself ;)

15 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! November 15, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Oh gosh, I LOVE apple in any baked goods. cannot WAIT to try these! :)
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..The No Good Monday

16 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine November 15, 2011 at 3:39 pm

These look absolutely amazing, I love anything with glaze!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Foodsession (2): Bang Bang! Shrimp from Bonefish Grill

17 Melissa November 15, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Hi Courtney! These sound great- one thing though, how much milk do you use in the cookies? The recipe only says 1/4 milk. I’m assuming you mean 1/4 cup, but just want to make sure I’m doing it right ;) Thanks for another fun recipe.

18 Courtney November 15, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Whoops! Yes, actually it is a 1/4 cup. Thanks for the heads up – I just fixed that!

19 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 15, 2011 at 4:14 pm

These. look. awesome. I am looking for an treat to bring to my Thanksgiving get-togethers, & these will be added to my list of possibilites!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Quick & Easy Shepherd’s Pie

20 Andrea November 15, 2011 at 4:53 pm

you said “case in point” …. I’ve always thought it was “case and point”
which one is correct?

I have been know to say the wrong phrases quite often so I’d like to nip this one in the butt if I’m wrong! :)

21 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl November 15, 2011 at 5:54 pm

ohhhh my! These look delicious and so seasonal – these may make their way onto my Thanksgiving table! :-)
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..There is No Place like Nebraska Syndrome and Tailgating with Donuts

22 Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 15, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Yum!! I hope I get you in the cookie swap haha! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..My Half Marathon Experience: Part 2 (aka “Stuffing my face.”)

23 Mallory November 15, 2011 at 6:42 pm

Soooooo I might have to bake your version of my apple cookies because they look fantastic!

24 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats November 15, 2011 at 7:40 pm

These sound fabulous Court! :) I am usually a person that has to have chocolate in my cookies but this recipe could change that!
Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..one month away

25 Lauren November 15, 2011 at 8:39 pm

These sound amazing! Definitely not your conventional cookie but that is what I love about them!
Lauren recently posted..Bread and Milk

26 Lauren @ Lawfully Wedded Wife November 15, 2011 at 8:52 pm

These look so delicious! I love the glaze on top–extra yumminess!
Lauren @ Lawfully Wedded Wife recently posted..Arugula Pesto Pasta with Cremini Mushrooms

27 Lynn November 15, 2011 at 9:31 pm

Just made these and they are FAN-friggin-TASTIC!!! Holy crow… many thanks from my taste buds to you and your friend Mal, however my pants won’t be happy when I have to sqeeeeze into them. They will NOT be lasting long in my house!

28 Courtney November 15, 2011 at 9:54 pm

WOW! I’m so excited to see somebody attempted them so soon! Thanks for the feedback :)

29 Khushboo November 15, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Wow delicious recipe- cooked apples and cinnamon is always a winner!
Khushboo recently posted..You do you, I’ll do me

30 stacey November 16, 2011 at 9:51 am

What brand of dried cranberries do you use? I can’t find brand that does not contain ALOT of sugar. Thanks

31 Courtney November 16, 2011 at 10:15 am

Unfortunately, most dried fruit it going to be higher in sugar. I use Craisins, which I love.

32 honeywhatscooking November 16, 2011 at 11:08 am

although i’m allergic to raw apples, i’m not allergic to cooked apples. haha.. love it.. looks so good!
honeywhatscooking recently posted..Ooey Gooey Caramel Pumpkin Blondies (Reduced Fat & 178 calories)

33 Courtney November 16, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Really? I don’t think I’ve ever heard of that! What happens if you eat a raw apple?

34 honeywhatscooking November 16, 2011 at 3:27 pm

well, my heart rate goes up really fast, which means my blood pressure is probably low. on occasion i have thrown up. i get very lightheaded. my throat gets really itchy. i do love the smell of apples, so sometimes i’ll take a bite to see if anything happens and then the symptoms start. I love apple pie so i’m just really glad nothing happens when i eat a cooked apple. applesauce is fine too as long as it is cooked. :-)

btw Courtney, i wore my Nars Bronzer to work today, and my husband goes to me, did you put something on your face, your skin is so even. i’m like please, just the bronzer. And Gilt Groupe has a Nars sale today. just fyi. thanks!!!

35 Shannon November 16, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Those look super duper delicious! Yum.
Shannon recently posted..Where can I go or what can I do for inspiration?