Vanilla Glazed Cranberry Apple Cookies

Vanilla Glazed Cranberry Apple Cookies! (see recipe below)

I love apples. I love cookies. I also love apples in my cookies.

Back in October, you may remember when Jay and I celebrated our 3rd Annual Fall Festival with some of our closest friends. You may also remember me briefly mentioning a delicious plate full of apple cookies that our friend Mal had brought to share that day.

Mal had made these cookies once before on another occasion when we got together and I just had to snag the recipe from her. She’s pretty good about sharing her recipes, thank goodness, because I have yet to have one of hers that are not incredible (case in point).

I’d been wanting to make my own batch of these for a while now, and earlier this week I finally got enough time to whip up a batch of my own. I made a couple slight modifications to her original recipe, one of which substituted dried cranberries for raisins. I’ve always loved the combination of apples and cranberries (remember this and this?) so I figured why not give it a try in the cookies.

Well, I cannot begin to tell you how much I am currently in love with these cookies. Between the combination of spices, the sweet apples and cranberries, the chewy center, and the slightly crispy edges, they are just awesome. Not to mention the fact that they practically scream “fall.”

I <3 all things fall.

Oh, and don’t even get me started about when they’re topped with the glaze.

Good lord.

Perhaps these will make their way into your holiday baking plans?

I know they’ll be in mine.

Comments

Oh, my! My mouth is watering right now. These cookies look absolutely delicious! I love the idea of cranberry and apples in cookies together. Can we talk about that glaze too? So delicious! Definitely saving this recipe! :)
    Hope recently posted..A Bertucci’s Meeting…

Mmmmm!!! I’m going to a cookie swap in December and have to bring 4 DOZEN cookies!! These are officially on my list. What kind of apples did you use? I love every kind so it will be hard to choose!
    Jessi recently posted..The BIG 3-0!

3. Melissa says

Hi Courtney! These sound great- one thing though, how much milk do you use in the cookies? The recipe only says 1/4 milk. I’m assuming you mean 1/4 cup, but just want to make sure I’m doing it right 😉 Thanks for another fun recipe.

4. Andrea says

you said “case in point” …. I’ve always thought it was “case and point”
    which one is correct?

I have been know to say the wrong phrases quite often so I’d like to nip this one in the butt if I’m wrong! :)

5. Lynn says

Just made these and they are FAN-friggin-TASTIC!!! Holy crow… many thanks from my taste buds to you and your friend Mal, however my pants won’t be happy when I have to sqeeeeze into them. They will NOT be lasting long in my house!

well, my heart rate goes up really fast, which means my blood pressure is probably low. on occasion i have thrown up. i get very lightheaded. my throat gets really itchy. i do love the smell of apples, so sometimes i’ll take a bite to see if anything happens and then the symptoms start. I love apple pie so i’m just really glad nothing happens when i eat a cooked apple. applesauce is fine too as long as it is cooked. :-)

btw Courtney, i wore my Nars Bronzer to work today, and my husband goes to me, did you put something on your face, your skin is so even. i’m like please, just the bronzer. And Gilt Groupe has a Nars sale today. just fyi. thanks!!!
    honeywhatscooking recently posted..Ooey Gooey Caramel Pumpkin Blondies (Reduced Fat & 178 calories)

Trackbacks