Much Better Bottoms

Happy Wednesday! How’s everybody doing this morning?

Despite the fact that 85% of my body feels like it’s been hit numerous times by a MAC truck, I’m actually doing pretty well.

Not to be overly dramatic or anything, right?

But to be serious, my muscles are definitely achin’ this morning. Between yesterday morning’s workout switcheroo and last night’s deep tissue massage, holy cow am I one sore unit. I suppose its at least good to know that the soreness is all from beneficial stuff.

It could be worse though; I mean, I really could have been hit by a MAC truck and then I think I’d have some bigger issues on my hands.

Luckily, my planned rest day for this week came at the perfect time, so I enjoyed a few extra ZZZ’s this morning before waking up and making some breakfast.

You want to know what’s really awesome? Using the bottoms from two different English muffins. My first attempt at toasting my muffin this morning resulted in a stinky, crispy black top. Ewwww, hate that.

So I ditched that half and started again, deciding to use both bottoms. Usually, you know I’m a fan of the top half (well, not with everything…), but this particular batch of muffins has much better bottoms (<—hehe) making for a delicious egg, cheese, and jam sammich.

(Oh good lord I’m mature this morning, huh?) Smile with tongue out

On another note, today’s coffee is back to normal and tasting much better, thanks to the addition of some regular milk. I was so glad to hear I’m not the only one affected by the darkness of soy milk in coffee!

*****

Even though today is one of my long days of work, I’ve only got stuff for lunch packed. Honestly, I couldn’t figure out what to bring for dinner so I’m hoping that either a) I get out a decent hour and can just eat when I get home or b) I may have to grab something. We’ll see what happens.

But I’ve got a good amount of snacks to last me through most of the afternoon I’m sure.

An almost-too-ripe banana, golden delicious apple, and some celery & baby carrots.

I also have the rest of a big tub of plain Chobani, which I added some apple butter and cinnamon to.

To make for an amazing yogurt mess, I’ll be adding some Quaker Oatmeal Squares, Love Grown Foods granola, and a crumbled piece of my special bread…

Have no fear. I have a recipe for the special bread coming your way this afternoon!

Gotta run…time to go make some moola. Winking smile

Questions for the Morning:

For English muffins and bagels, which is better: top half or bottom half?

For yogurt messes: lots of mix-ins, or keep it simple?

For bananas: better with brown spots or better when barely yellow?

Comments

First off, have to say yet again that I am in love with the Elf dancing video of us. Too fun!

I have a deep tissue massage scheduled for Saturday. I’m looking forward to it, but also dreading it. I know there will be so much pain and soreness after. Especially since I’m soooo sore this week from trying some new thigns.
    Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Where The Change Happens

I love mixing Lara Bars into my plain yogurt because it adds just the right amount of flavor into the mix. Bananas are so much better when they have just a few spots. I ate one that was VERY ripe once, and it was pretty gross…save those for bread lol.
    Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Pump It Up

I am always a bottom half fan oddly enough. Love lots of mix ins for yogurt bowls – usually a banana, berries, flax and cereal or granola. I used to refuse to eat banana if it wasn’t just yellow but now I eat them no matter what, but barely yellow is still my favorite!
    Lindsey recently posted..Sorry Tuesday

I love mixing cinnamon into plain Chobani! :) With yogurt messes I usually like to keep the yogurt simple and add something crunchy on top. I like the top half of bagels better but the bottom half of english muffins. lol. As for bananas, I can only eat them if they are barely yellow. The brown spots make them too mushy–I will use them to mix into something or freeze them for smoothies!
    Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..wiaw #13

Tuesday is my late night at work and there’s just something so wrong about having to pack a lunch and a dinner! Sometimes I just throw my hands up and hope I get home early enough so I don’t have to pack a dinner too.
    Have a blessed day at work<3
    Marian recently posted..Before the season is over

-Top half of Bagel (always has the good stuff on top!! Like with seseme seed bagels or everything bagels!) and bottom half of English Muffin!
    -Lots and lots of mix ins!! I love raisins, cranberries, seeds, nuts, choc chips, extra fruit etc etc etc.
    -The browner the banana the better! I like the mushy taste, and I find bananas alot more flavorful when ripe!

The tops of muffins and bagels are definitely where it’s at. Always so fluffy and comforting.
    Yogurt with mix-ins are the best. I love how you can add anything to it and it changes the taste. Sweet, savory, fruity, it’s all good.
    I can’t eat bananas that have brown spots on them. The texture just grosses me out, so I usually freeze them when they get to that stage and use them in baked goods or smoothies.
    Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled recently posted..Did I Eat All That?

8. Michelle says

Hi! I’ve been reading your blog for a month or so but hadn’t stopped to say hi yet – your blog is very inspiring! Although, I am kind of mad at you… I had ALMOST made myself forget about how delicious Quaker Oatmeal Squares are, and then I see pictures of them on your blog all the time! I had no choice to go and buy some a few weeks ago… and then another box, and then another. Thanks a lot! 😉 In college I had a rule that I couldn’t buy them because I would eat the whole box in a couple days. I am being a little better this time around :-)

Oh, and bananas – no brown spots, with a little green still left!

• Courtney says

Hi Michelle!
      Sorry about the Quaker Oatmeal Squares…they certainly are addicting! But on another note, thanks for reading and saying HI! 😀