Interesting Craving

So remember yesterday when I told you all that I didn’t pack a dinner to bring to work and just figured that I would either eat something when I got home or grab something while I was out? Well last night, that was bad news.

I didn’t end up getting home until a little after 8:30 and by that time I was starving. I had already finished off my Pretzel Chips and housed four Dunkin Donuts munchkins while at work but that obviously wasn’t going to do anything to help my hunger.

So by the time I got home, I ended up scarfing down two pieces of Pumpkin Banana Bread with peanut butter, a banana, and two (okay, two and a half) Apple Cranberry Cookies. By the time all was said and done, my hunger was gone, but I certainly didn’t feel very satisfied and really, all I was craving was something like a big steak.

Ughh. No bueno. Luckily, I’ve planned a little better for today…I think.

*****

Workout

Thursday mornings = early morning BodyPump! I made it there early enough today to squeeze in a quick 15 minutes on the elliptical before starting class too, which was nice. I was actually *this close* to skipping out today, since my entire lower body is still pretty sore from Tuesday’s workout, but I decided to give it a go and just take it easy on the lower weights selections. Class ended up feeling great and I even upped my weights on a couple of the upper body tracks. Saweeeet!

Breakfast

Considering last night’s “dinner” selection, I actually found today’s breakfast cravings rather interesting. I thought for sure I’d be all set for another egg and cheese, but as it turns out, I wanted more peanut butter…in the form of OIAJ.

I whipped up a batch of my usual Pumpkin Oats (not the voluminous ones – I wasn’t prepared last night) but minus the banana. Unfortunately, the only bananas in our house right now are barely yellow and do not work well for mixing into oats.

Luckily, the addition of a crumbled slice of pumpkin banana bread, raisins, and some Love Grown Foods granola helped make this a super delish batch. (<—*Fun Fact: Jay hates when I say “delish” – it drives him bonkers).

I also made a couple layers of the bread, granola, and raisins in the jar, which made the second half of my OIAJ soooo much better than usual. Why have I not been doing this all along??

Unfortunately, a little spillage happened this morning…

Thank goodness the whole mug didn’t go. That would have been devastating.

*****

On a side note, is anyone else out there totally flabbergasted that a week from today is Thanksgiving?!? I seriously cannot believe that it’s just right around the corner. I guess that means I really have to start planning my dinner menu! Disappointed smile

Time for work…catch ya later gators!

Questions for the Morning:

Are there any certain words/phrases that drive you nuts?

Do you say any words/phrases that you know drive someone else nuts?

Comments

• dee says

I had no idea cukes was used for CUCUMBER! I just thought it was some vegetable out there that I just didn’t know anything about. Haha ,strange! What I can’t stand hearing is “you’re welcs” :( just say the whole word for goodness sake! My boyfriend says it sometimes and it feels like I’m being cheated and it doesn’t give the full effect of being completely welcome.

I need to make banana bread so I can put it on my oats such a good idea!! I cannot believe thanksgiving is in a week, where has time gone? P.s. I cannot stand the word delish and thought I was the only one, I don’t know why that word gets to me but it does!

I used to know someone who absolutely hated the word lozenge. She would literally start squirming if someone said it. Mine is EVOO. Which isn’t a word, but really–is it that difficult just to say Extra Virgin Olive Oil?? I don’t think so!
    Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Grahamwich

3. Allison says

My 8 year old daughter has started saying “delish” and I actually love it. It is so cute when she says, “Wow Mommy, this is delish”. But now my husband will say it (specifically immitating my daughter) but I find that annoying.

I can’t believe next week is Thanksgiving either! I kept thinking it was at least a good 2 weeks away. Lately, I’ve been hearing “cray” and “cray cray” wayyyyy too much. It’s ok every once in a while, but not as a permanent substitute for crazy.
    Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Back to the TRX

Most of the words I hate are potty words :) but I also can’t stand when people say “on your person” or talking about something like a bag and then they say “I took said bag” yuck…also I have serious pb cravings all the time and they def get stronger the more I eat it

6. Nicole says

I would say anything that Rachael Ray has abbreviated (“EVOO”) or “turned into a word” would drive me bananas.
    But who am I? She’s created an empire off of her brand – can’t knock the girl too hard! ;)

Great idea to layer your OIAJ!! I definitely need to do that.

That’s funny your hubby gets annoyed by the word “delish”. I probably say that more than I should, especially when I’m commenting on food blogs. The only word that really makes me cringe is “flesh”, especially when talking about EATING flesh. Ugh. Just grosses me out for whatever reason. Ha!
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Breakfast Before Or After?

Even though I say “coolio” a lot, sometimes it annoys me when other people say it or when I read it in a text from friends.

I think a couple people in homeroom Wednesday were shocked when I said the word “hoopla” because I never really have said it before. I like that word now. Hoopla, hoopla, hoopla, hoopla, hoopla. :)
    Shannon recently posted..Black Friday

“Moist” and “panties” usually gross me out, especially when you put the two words together!! ha! A phrase that drives me crazy is “It is what it is.” I think people overuse that phrase way too much!

10. Lisa says

moist, cray cray, lonchi, OIAJ, food baby, brekkie, cukes, bloobs, sammies, haha wow i sound like a miserable person to speak to. Just writing those makes me cringe! ;)

Trackbacks