Interesting Craving

by Courtney on November 17, 2011

So remember yesterday when I told you all that I didn’t pack a dinner to bring to work and just figured that I would either eat something when I got home or grab something while I was out? Well last night, that was bad news.

I didn’t end up getting home until a little after 8:30 and by that time I was starving. I had already finished off my Pretzel Chips and housed four Dunkin Donuts munchkins while at work but that obviously wasn’t going to do anything to help my hunger.

So by the time I got home, I ended up scarfing down two pieces of Pumpkin Banana Bread with peanut butter, a banana, and two (okay, two and a half) Apple Cranberry Cookies. By the time all was said and done, my hunger was gone, but I certainly didn’t feel very satisfied and really, all I was craving was something like a big steak.

Ughh. No bueno. Luckily, I’ve planned a little better for today…I think.

*****

Workout

Thursday mornings = early morning BodyPump! I made it there early enough today to squeeze in a quick 15 minutes on the elliptical before starting class too, which was nice. I was actually *this close* to skipping out today, since my entire lower body is still pretty sore from Tuesday’s workout, but I decided to give it a go and just take it easy on the lower weights selections. Class ended up feeling great and I even upped my weights on a couple of the upper body tracks. Saweeeet!

Breakfast

Considering last night’s “dinner” selection, I actually found today’s breakfast cravings rather interesting. I thought for sure I’d be all set for another egg and cheese, but as it turns out, I wanted more peanut butter…in the form of OIAJ.

I whipped up a batch of my usual Pumpkin Oats (not the voluminous ones – I wasn’t prepared last night) but minus the banana. Unfortunately, the only bananas in our house right now are barely yellow and do not work well for mixing into oats.

Luckily, the addition of a crumbled slice of pumpkin banana bread, raisins, and some Love Grown Foods granola helped make this a super delish batch. (<—*Fun Fact: Jay hates when I say “delish” – it drives him bonkers).

I also made a couple layers of the bread, granola, and raisins in the jar, which made the second half of my OIAJ soooo much better than usual. Why have I not been doing this all along??

Unfortunately, a little spillage happened this morning…

Thank goodness the whole mug didn’t go. That would have been devastating.

*****

On a side note, is anyone else out there totally flabbergasted that a week from today is Thanksgiving?!? I seriously cannot believe that it’s just right around the corner. I guess that means I really have to start planning my dinner menu! Disappointed smile

Time for work…catch ya later gators!

Questions for the Morning:

Are there any certain words/phrases that drive you nuts?

Do you say any words/phrases that you know drive someone else nuts?

1 Chelcie of Chelcie's Food Files November 17, 2011 at 9:23 am

Banana bread on top of oatmeal is SUCH a good combo! And I am SO excited for thanksgiving! Best holiday of the year by far
Chelcie of Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..Thursday Throwback-Favorite childhood foods

2 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill November 17, 2011 at 9:33 am

So crazy that Thanksgiving is only a week away! I am also planning the menu…so much good stuff to choose from!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Resort Wear

3 Jess @ Jess Go Bananas November 17, 2011 at 9:33 am

Even though I say it, the word veggies drives me insane! Also, obvi, jelly, moist, cukes (cucumber) and probably more but that’s all I can think of!
Jess @ Jess Go Bananas recently posted..Action Packed Smoothie

4 dee November 17, 2011 at 9:56 am

I had no idea cukes was used for CUCUMBER! I just thought it was some vegetable out there that I just didn’t know anything about. Haha ,strange! What I can’t stand hearing is “you’re welcs” :( just say the whole word for goodness sake! My boyfriend says it sometimes and it feels like I’m being cheated and it doesn’t give the full effect of being completely welcome.

5 Hope November 17, 2011 at 9:36 am

I can’t believe Thanksgiving is next week already! I need to get my menu planning skills in gear too. I would love to make something amazing for dessert. Happy Thursday! :)
Hope recently posted..A Night Full Of The Boathouse…

6 Mollie November 17, 2011 at 9:44 am

I know!! How crazy that it’s the holiday season already! I feel like i say it every month but how is Novemebr almost over already! It might as well be Valentine’s Day already! lol
Mollie recently posted..Friday=Pizza Night

7 Khushboo November 17, 2011 at 9:45 am

Jogging/jogger and pudding drive me nuts!! Jay would hate hanging out with me- I’m guilty of overusing ‘delish’!
Khushboo recently posted..Would you like some cheese with that wHine?

8 kaitlin @4loveofcarrots November 17, 2011 at 9:48 am

I need to make banana bread so I can put it on my oats such a good idea!! I cannot believe thanksgiving is in a week, where has time gone? P.s. I cannot stand the word delish and thought I was the only one, I don’t know why that word gets to me but it does!

9 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers November 17, 2011 at 10:00 am

I’m always surprised at how many people are weirded out by the word “Moist”. The beau was initially not a fan, but I think I’ve desensitized him to it’s Moistness.

I’m a little bit over the “om nom nom” thing, Just flooded my social networks, I think.
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..The Grossest Parts of a Healthy Lifestyle

10 Liz @ Tip Top Shape November 17, 2011 at 10:03 am

I used to know someone who absolutely hated the word lozenge. She would literally start squirming if someone said it. Mine is EVOO. Which isn’t a word, but really–is it that difficult just to say Extra Virgin Olive Oil?? I don’t think so!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Grahamwich

11 Ruthie Hart November 17, 2011 at 10:04 am

My little sister HATES when people say “oh that’s a sinch” or “sinchy” meaning easy haha
Ruthie Hart recently posted..Christmas crafts

12 Allison November 17, 2011 at 10:23 am

My 8 year old daughter has started saying “delish” and I actually love it. It is so cute when she says, “Wow Mommy, this is delish”. But now my husband will say it (specifically immitating my daughter) but I find that annoying.

13 Cat @Breakfast to Bed November 17, 2011 at 10:35 am

I just froze pie crusts. I am ahead of schedule and feel really far behind.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Don’t Let a Naked Guy Sully Your Memories.

14 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign November 17, 2011 at 10:41 am

Gah, I hate getting home late and end up eating random things for dinner instead of a real meal. I try to keep snacks in my car, but those don’t replace a real meal!
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Packing Up Hope

15 Lena @Fit on the Rocks November 17, 2011 at 10:41 am

I can’t believe next week is Thanksgiving either! I kept thinking it was at least a good 2 weeks away. Lately, I’ve been hearing “cray” and “cray cray” wayyyyy too much. It’s ok every once in a while, but not as a permanent substitute for crazy.
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Back to the TRX

16 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! November 17, 2011 at 11:02 am

I dont really like the word tummy for some reason, and i hate when people say “hella” instead of really…like “thats hella cool” i dont know if people still do that but it was a phase for a while!!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Birthday Wishes & Breaking Dawn

17 gwen November 17, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Most of the words I hate are potty words :) but I also can’t stand when people say “on your person” or talking about something like a bag and then they say “I took said bag” yuck…also I have serious pb cravings all the time and they def get stronger the more I eat it

18 jill November 17, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Hey! Where did you find that rock hard full body workout on ondemand I was looking for it?? What section is it under

19 Courtney November 17, 2011 at 2:00 pm

I was able to find it under strength training with weights…I think!?

20 Candice @ Sailing on Paper November 17, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Everyone always says that “moist” is like their number one hated word. It doesn’t bother me at all, though!
Candice @ Sailing on Paper recently posted..Obsession: Polyvore

21 Nicole November 17, 2011 at 1:38 pm

I would say anything that Rachael Ray has abbreviated (“EVOO”) or “turned into a word” would drive me bananas.
But who am I? She’s created an empire off of her brand – can’t knock the girl too hard! ;)

22 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries November 17, 2011 at 1:58 pm

Great idea to layer your OIAJ!! I definitely need to do that.

That’s funny your hubby gets annoyed by the word “delish”. I probably say that more than I should, especially when I’m commenting on food blogs. The only word that really makes me cringe is “flesh”, especially when talking about EATING flesh. Ugh. Just grosses me out for whatever reason. Ha!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Breakfast Before Or After?

23 Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled November 17, 2011 at 2:21 pm

It absolutely drives me insane when people say ‘brekkie’ instead of breakfast. My husband sometimes does it just to irritate me. Grr…
Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled recently posted..Power of Positive Thinking

24 Julie November 17, 2011 at 3:03 pm

i can’t stand it when people say “circle back” at work! drives me nuts, lol

25 Laura @ Unchartered 20s November 17, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Ugh i hate cukes, breaky, cray cray. Moist I’m fine with lol!
Laura @ Unchartered 20s recently posted..Splash of Orange Juice

26 Kelly November 17, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Not many words drives me nuts but a couple that do are “cukes” and “healthified”!!

27 Courtney November 17, 2011 at 5:33 pm

Haha, ohh boy, and I am guilty of both of them!
Sorry about that one! ;)

28 Shannon November 17, 2011 at 6:57 pm

Even though I say “coolio” a lot, sometimes it annoys me when other people say it or when I read it in a text from friends.

I think a couple people in homeroom Wednesday were shocked when I said the word “hoopla” because I never really have said it before. I like that word now. Hoopla, hoopla, hoopla, hoopla, hoopla. :)
Shannon recently posted..Black Friday

29 Erica November 17, 2011 at 7:10 pm

i’m not a fan of “cray cray” or when my husband says “it is what it is” lol.
Erica recently posted..an ode to helathy living blogs: personal training.

30 Lauren B. November 17, 2011 at 8:28 pm

“Moist” and “panties” usually gross me out, especially when you put the two words together!! ha! A phrase that drives me crazy is “It is what it is.” I think people overuse that phrase way too much!

31 Camilla November 17, 2011 at 8:57 pm

i realllllllly dislike when people say “same difference!” it’s not the same if it’s different! ;)

32 Katie November 18, 2011 at 1:45 am

I love how you’re always keeping it real ~ thanks for that! And to answer your question, I hate when someone says “persons” instead of people :)
Katie recently posted..Brand-New Journey

33 Lisa November 18, 2011 at 9:16 pm

moist, cray cray, lonchi, OIAJ, food baby, brekkie, cukes, bloobs, sammies, haha wow i sound like a miserable person to speak to. Just writing those makes me cringe! ;)

34 Courtney November 19, 2011 at 11:14 am

Hahaha, oops…I’m guilty of a few of those. ;)