It Helps To Have Thirsty Friends

by Courtney on November 17, 2011

I’ve gotta say, I really liked reading all of the words and phrases from this morning that drive you guys nuts. I’m in agreement with quite a few of you on some of ‘em, including (and also adding):

• “om nom nom”
  • “cray cray”
  •  moist (yup, sorry Jordan, I’m one of them!)
  • “sorry I’m not sorry” (Alyssa, I feel ya on this one – I loved the phrase, but it just got wayyyy overused)

Too funny!

Lunch

Thankfully, I got my act together this morning and found some time to add veggies back into my life. After yesterday’s carb-tastic lunch and dinner, followed by this morning’s breakfast, some veggies were definitely necessary…and boy were they yummy today!

Remember when I was on a bit of a crabmeat kick a couple months ago? Well my friends, it’s back, and it’s just as delicious as I remembered. This salad may have been a bit random on the combos, but I loved every bite of it.

• romaine
  • cukes
  • grape tomatoes
  • baby carrots
  • roasted broccoli and cauliflower
  • sweet pickle relish
  • The Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese wedge
  • ~1 serving (1/2 cup) crabmeat

I warned you it was random, but it was super tasty!

On the side, I also packed up another golden delicious apple and a chocolate chip brownie Larabar.

In addition to that, guess what else I’ll be sipping on this afternoon?

source

Oh yes, that would be a Starbucks Caramel Brulée Latte, but I will be attempting to make mine a teensy-weensy bit healthier by going with non-fat milk and no whip (which saves 150 calories and 15g of fat)

**FYI: From now until November 20th, from 2-5pm, Starbucks is offering BOGO holiday drinks, so take advantage if you can!

I’ll tell ya…it definitely helps to have thirsty friends around! ;)

Questions for the Afternoon:

What’s the most random salad combination you’ve ever tried?

Do you find you’re more tempted to buy something (such as a Starbucks beverage) when there’s a deal involved?

1 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat November 17, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Grabbing a co-worker and heading for the nearest Sbux… definitely need an afternoon pick me up!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Childhood Craving

2 Lindsey November 17, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Oh I will be hitting up a Starbucks for that deal for sure! And yes, I love deals :)
Lindsey recently posted..Cleaning and Chemicals

3 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile November 17, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Heck yes, I’m a sucker for a good deal. Especially if it involves something like coffee or froyo. Sign me up! I always make random salad combos. I usually just throw everything into a huge bowl, mix it together, and call it a day. I always add fruit!

4 Mandee @ Mandeelicious November 17, 2011 at 3:18 pm

i am so over “sorry i’m not sorry” too! drives me nuts!

i LOVE caramel brulee frapps! soooo good. that’s my fav flavor!
Mandee @ Mandeelicious recently posted..Surf’s Up, Cupcake!

5 Laura @ Unchartered 20s November 17, 2011 at 3:34 pm

That salad looks good! Veggieful. I hope you unwrapped the cheese before eating ;)
Laura @ Unchartered 20s recently posted..Splash of Orange Juice

6 Paige @ Running Around Normal November 17, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Omg I HATE cray cray. It needs to die a fiery death!
I definitely am a sucker for deals. Shane’s always said, “we spend more money on free gifts…” LOL!
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..All About: Branched Chain Amino Acids

7 Tracy @ Tracy's Treats November 17, 2011 at 4:27 pm

That salad looks great! You got me craving crab now!
Tracy @ Tracy’s Treats recently posted..Oodles of Noodles and Chocolate in the Mail

8 Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled November 17, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Deals always tempt me! If I can get anything for “free” or severly discounted, I’ll go for it if the original thing I’m buying is something I actually use or want.
Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled recently posted..Power of Positive Thinking

9 Chelcie of Chelcie's Food Files November 17, 2011 at 4:50 pm

I love the starbucks holiday lattes! I haven’t tried that kind yet but next time I get my starbucks fix I’m going to!
Chelcie of Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..Thursday Throwback-Favorite childhood foods

10 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen November 17, 2011 at 5:06 pm

I know I’m a post behind here but can we PLEASE add “totes” as in totally not as in a tote to carry something in. Omg, I can’t stand that one! haha
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Coconut crusted acorn squash

11 Lena @Fit on the Rocks November 17, 2011 at 5:57 pm

I feel really slow, but I JUST realized that cukes=cucumbers lol.
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Back to the TRX

12 Courtney November 17, 2011 at 6:10 pm

LOL! :)

13 Kelly November 17, 2011 at 6:11 pm

I am not a fan when bloggers write out “m, kay?”
Kelly recently posted..expectations

14 Shannon November 17, 2011 at 7:06 pm

I HATE when others use the phrase ‘cray cray’. I wonder who came up with that.

I can’t answer your first question because I’m not a big salad eater. For your second question, I think I’m more tempted to get something that I like when it’s on sale- for instance, a pack of double dutch muffins at PC are 2 for $3, I’m so there!
Shannon recently posted..Black Friday

15 Erica November 17, 2011 at 7:08 pm

i am a HUGE SUCKER for deals like that! (or deals in general for that matter!)
Erica recently posted..an ode to helathy living blogs: personal training.

16 Hope November 17, 2011 at 8:51 pm

I am definitely more tempted to buy something when there is a deal like that! I’m really wanting to try the Skinny Peppermint Mocha although I might make mine have soy milk because I’m lactose intolerant. It sounds delicious :)
Hope recently posted..A Night Full Of The Boathouse…

17 Nancy November 17, 2011 at 10:05 pm

The words epic and legit drive me mental. In almost every tweet I see, people improperly use the word legit. It angers me lol
Nancy recently posted..iPod Nano recall

18 Khushboo November 17, 2011 at 11:50 pm

OHh how could i forget- bloobs…that word cringes me out!! Love your salad- the more random the better!
Khushboo recently posted..Would you like some cheese with that wHine?

19 Crystal Coppel November 18, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Yesterday i went to Starbucks to take advantage of the buy one get one free deal and I tried the caramel brulee latte for the first time and it was awesome!!! I’m in love with it now! I got soy milk in mine (i always get soy in my drinks) and no whip also. I can’t wait to get anothe one tonight! :)

20 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss November 18, 2011 at 4:09 pm

it’s so sad. I’m still mourning the loss of “sorry I’m not sorry”‘s dignity.

and let me add a “haaayyyuul yeeeah!” to the laughing cow light + starbies love. ;)
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..An Intimate, Healthy Relationship

21 Minda November 18, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Hi, I am one of Julie’s friends from college, I stumbled onto your blog via PBF. You and your hubby are adorbs! If you like the crab you should try “lobster chunks” they are even yummier :) They are made by the same company I believe.

22 Courtney November 18, 2011 at 7:49 pm

Hi Minda!
Thanks so much for stopping by and for the sweet compliments :)
I will definitely keep the lobster chunks in mind for next time!

23 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers November 21, 2011 at 7:50 am

HIIIII MINDA! I feel so creepy for seeing your comment on this post but it made me smile. :) I MISS YOU!

24 Courtney November 21, 2011 at 8:58 am

Haha, I love seeing you guys chat on here! That’s too funny :)

25 Minda November 21, 2011 at 8:44 am

Hiiii JUL!!! I miss you too! Hope you and Ryan are doing well…I need to make a little roadtrip to Ocala to visit :)