Out On A Weeknight

by Courtney on November 18, 2011

Okay, so I’m a tad sleepy this morning…

I guess that’s what I get for staying out until midnight to watch my beloved Jets lose in last night’s game against the Broncos. Ughh, talk about a disappointment.

But hey, ya know what? It was still an awesome way to spend my evening!

As soon as I got off of work last night, I picked up Jay and headed over to the Recovery Sports Grill to watch the Jets game (they weren’t on regular cable, so we wouldn’t have been able to watch it at home). The two of us grabbed a table and quickly ordered a couple of beers.

I was psyched to see that they actually had one of my favorite beers from one of my favorite local breweries on draft here, so there was no chance I was turning that down.

I mean, really, how can you turn down a beer with a cherry at the bottom, right?

It’s soooo delicious.

Oh yeah, and you like my scarf styling? I call it “The Courtney,” which is basically how to wear a scarf with no style at all.

Obviously, I really didn’t pay much attention to last night’s video that I posted. Winking smile

After about forty-five minutes of catching up on the day with Jay and watching the game from about eighty-seven different tv’s, we were greeted with some pretty fantastic company.

Mom & Dad…

and our friends Ryan, Scott, and “little” bro Dan came to join us! They had just finished up bowling and came down to watch the game with us.

As soon as they got there, we ordered some snacks to share at the table.

The sweet potato fries were ahhhhhmazing. The plate wasn’t very big, which is probably a good thing because I most likely would have kept eating them if they were in front of me.

The spinach & artichoke dip was pretty good too, and I had my fair share of that.

As soon as the game was over, we packed it up and headed home. Despite the fact that they lost, it was still a super fun way to spend a weeknight…even if I didn’t get into bed until after midnight and am a bit sleepy this morning.

*****

Thanks to last night’s late bedtime, I skipped out on a morning workout. I may end up squeezing something in later today, but I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Breakfast this morning was another wafflewich (recycled photo) which was eaten rather quickly…

I’ve actually got an earlier morning than normal today because I’ve got somewhere super important to go today. It’s kind of exciting, too! Smile

Don’t worry, I’ll catch ya’ll a little later to fill you in.

Also, be on the lookout for another Fashion Friday post this afternoon!

Questions for the Morning:

How often do you like to go “out” on weeknights?

Sweet potato fries or regular fries?

Beer drinkers: What’s your all-time favorite brew?

1 Khushboo November 18, 2011 at 8:33 am

I love that you prioritise sleep over working out- something I’m still working on! I love going out once during the work week- kills the monotony yet diesnt get overly hectic!
Khushboo recently posted..Would you like some cheese with that wHine?

2 Hope November 18, 2011 at 8:34 am

I like to go out sometimes during the week. This week I’ve done something every single night. I’m exhausted!

I love sweet potato fries! They are so yummy.

I love Sam Adams Cherry Wheat the best but I also like Paulaner. Happy Friday! :)
Hope recently posted..Celebrating 6 Years Together…

3 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat November 18, 2011 at 8:42 am

Those sweet potato fries do look amazing! I have no desire for ketchup on regular fries, but I love it on those! Sorry about your Jets… it takes days for Pittsburgh to get over it if the Steelers lose.
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Friday 5

4 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health November 18, 2011 at 8:50 am

Aw, that looks like a fun night! I don’t often go out on weeknights while I’m in school, but I do it more often when I’m on a break! Oh man, I don’t know if I can choose between sweet potato or regular fries…I guess it depends on my mood :). Hope you have an awesome day! Can’t wait to hear what important thing is happening!
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Stretching Series – Quads and Hamstrings

5 Lindsey November 18, 2011 at 9:06 am

I don’t even remember the last time we went out on a weeknight! That is sad, haha.
Sweet potato fries for sure :)
Lindsey recently posted..Cleaning and Chemicals

6 Claire November 18, 2011 at 9:29 am

That evening looks right up my alley! We have a fun little place called Fattys that my best friend and I go on weeknights sometimes. Last night, we went to this little wine bar in our college town (the ONLY wine bar mind you!) for organic cabernet and a little hummus sampler plate! We ended the wine bar early and came back to my apartment and actually stayed up until 1 am chatting! I sometimes like to do things on weeknights, but then miss out on my sleep…and am tired the next day ;-)

I think my favorite brew is Pump-king this time of year. It literally tastes like pumpkin pie! A non-seasonal brew that I love is shocktop. It comes with orange :-)
Claire recently posted..Oh The Weather Outside Is Weather

7 Marian November 18, 2011 at 9:34 am

Thursday is technicaly almost the weekend;) yes sleep over takes work outs sometimes and I think that’s A ok.
Can’t wait to hear about your exciting morning!

8 Chelcie of Chelcie's Food Files November 18, 2011 at 9:51 am

I LOVE sweet potato fries! Those look delishh
Chelcie of Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..Thursday Throwback-Favorite childhood foods

9 Mindy November 18, 2011 at 10:05 am

I just want to say you and your mom are beautiful!

10 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun November 18, 2011 at 10:09 am

I went out on a weeknight last night too. We had a blogger meetup. May have had a couple drinks. Or 3. Getting crazy!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Announcement

11 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers November 18, 2011 at 10:13 am

Oh my goodness, in college Tuesdays used to be my JAM for going out. 90s music and half off drinks at our favorite bar = no Wednesday class for MOI!

In all fairness though, now that I work all day and workout after the work (say work again), I feel like going out on a weeknight is something I have to plan for FAR in advance. Like a week. “Hey, you wanna go out for happy hour on Wednesday?” “Nah, but I can pencil you in two Tuesdays from now… that’ll give me ample time to pre-sleep.”

Shameful.
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..The Grossest Parts of a Healthy Lifestyle

12 Cat @Breakfast to Bed November 18, 2011 at 10:16 am

Friggen Tebow. I hardly ever go out during the week, I’m just too tired.

I like Great Lakes Christmas Ale.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Blood Letting and Bing Crosby.

13 BIOCHEMISTA November 18, 2011 at 10:18 am

I love love love you blog, but gotta say that I’m a P-A-T-S fan :) hehehe

Restaurant looks awesome!

14 BIOCHEMISTA November 18, 2011 at 10:24 am

your*

15 Mallory @ It's Only Life November 18, 2011 at 10:18 am

ooh those fries look excellent; extra crunchy! i definitely prefer sweet potatoe but it depends on my mood. I think curly fries are my favorite (arby’s are sooo good!)
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Pyramid Treadmill Workout

16 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles November 18, 2011 at 10:19 am

I consider it a success to stay up past 9. I was watching the Jets game last night and totally passed out but 9:30- maybe it was the Nyquil and glass of wine working together, Maybe I shouldn’t have done that one. Oops!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Year 24

17 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries November 18, 2011 at 10:25 am

I personally would prefer not to go out on weeknights. I’m a pretty “routined” person, so it always throws me off. It is nice to do it every once in awhile to feel spontaneous and change it up a bit though!

I like both regular fries and sweet potato fries, so it’s a tough call, but I’m a HUGE fan of sweet potatoes, so I’d say the sweet potato fries win.
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Chili For A Chilly Day

18 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill November 18, 2011 at 10:31 am

It’s always fun to watch football games with company–it somehow makes things more exciting!

I like sweet potato fries, but only if they are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..What to Wear to Thanksgiving Dinner

19 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile November 18, 2011 at 10:46 am

Sweet potato fries are amazing!!! I like sweet potatoes than regular, so definitely sweet fries as well. I don’t go out much during the week because I wake up so early I’m always exhausted by 9 pm! Haha, crazy college student huh?

20 Lena @Fit on the Rocks November 18, 2011 at 10:48 am

Unfortunately for the Jets, everyone over here in Denver was ecstatic about the win. Unfortunately for me, I had to see a gazillion status updates about Tebow (I’m not a football person, but I love tailgating!). I go out on weeknights about once every couple of weeks, and I always feel sooo dead the next day. Oh well…we’ll sleep when we’re dead, right?
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..It Hurts So Good

21 Kim @ The Family Practice November 18, 2011 at 11:08 am

Nick and I were just talking about how weird it would be to be a football fan in NY. We’re watching the games here (two hour time diff) and you get home pretty late for a weeknight. For you though, if you go out for the game aren’t you out until like 1 or 2?? That makes MNF or TNF pretty rough on the day job…
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Balls to the Wall

22 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen November 18, 2011 at 11:31 am

Always sweet potato fries! :) I was in the Detroit airport last night while the Jets game was on and they had it on a TV at the gate area. People were screaming at the TV, it was a little out of hand.
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Spicy rosemary roasted almonds

23 Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled November 18, 2011 at 11:50 am

Sweet potato fries are always my number one choice, but I won’t turn down a good plate of regular either, especially if they’re crispy and malt vinegar is available. I know it sounds nasty, but it is so good!
Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled recently posted..Power of Positive Thinking

24 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! November 18, 2011 at 11:59 am

I would say once a week MAYBE on a weeknight (and by out, I mean consuming drinks) haha.
And I am not a big french fry person but do like sweet potato fries, because, well i just love sweet potatoes in general! :)
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Lack of Cooking & Random Friday

25 Jess @ Jess Go Bananas November 18, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Those sweet taters look NICE!!! I wish I was there to share them with you! lol
Jess @ Jess Go Bananas recently posted..Fit Your Body

26 Candice @ Sailing on Paper November 18, 2011 at 1:02 pm

You and your mom look so alike! :) Pretty ladies.
Candice @ Sailing on Paper recently posted..Obsession: Polyvore

27 Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl November 18, 2011 at 2:40 pm

My all-time favorite beer is the Dogfish Head 90 Min IPA. I consider it the most perfect IPA ever. :)

I feel your pain. The Eagles have been beyond embarrassing as a team the past few weeks. I was rooting for your Jets (and will be for a while) since I picked up Mark Sanchez in one of my fantasy leagues. He didn’t get me a ton of points last night though. :(
Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl recently posted..Wings And Lattes

28 Kalynn November 18, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Sweet potato fries! Especially if they’re dusted with cinnamon and sugar…SO GOOD! I usually don’t go out during the week too much, but sometimes it’s a nice way to break up the week since my routine can get so monotonous!

29 Shannon November 18, 2011 at 7:47 pm

I don’t usually go out on weeknights- mostly because I have school the very next day.

I prefer regular fries over sweet potato fries.
Shannon recently posted..Black Friday