Nice Little Sunday

Talk about a nice little Sunday. I love it!

After all of yesterday’s indulgent treats, I made sure to schedule time for myself to have a nice little date with the treadmill this morning. Don’t get me wrong, I love indulging every now and then, but I also love getting my sweat on. It’s all about balance my friends!

I initially planned on running a steady 4 miles @ a 7.0mph pace, but then as I was listening to my latest favorite playlist, I realized that I really wanted to hear the next two songs. Sooo, I told myself I’d simply run until those two songs were finished.

Well, wouldn’t ya know, those songs must be two of the longest songs ever, which left me covering 5 miles in about 45 minutes. Score!

Post-impromptu 5 mile run, I grabbed a mug of coffee, made some breakfast, and hit the Sunday paper while sitting in the living room.

Breakfast today was another egg, cheese, and jam English muffin with a small slice of Pumpkin Banana Bread and a mug of coffee. While inhaling my morning meal, I scanned through the flyers, clipped some coupons, and finalized my Thanksgiving menu.

Seriously, I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am about hosting Thanksgiving this year!

*****

Once the typical Sunday-morning routine was finished and I finally showered (poor Jay), the two of us headed out to run some errands. Of course, while we were out, I just had to make sure to take advantage of the last day of BOGO Starbucks holiday beverages. Winking smile

Another grande non-fat, no whip, 3 pump (instead of the usual 4) Caramel Brulee Latte. It tasted just as incredible as Thursday’s and Jay actually enjoyed his, too. I don’t know if I’d call him a “convert,” but he didn’t quite turn up his nose.

I don’t know about you, but I think Starbucks should have BOGO beverages all the time. Right?

Later this afternoon, we had a 2nd birthday party for our friends Scott & Kara’s son, Zachary. There was plenty of food to be had, but since it was at somewhat of an awkward time (3:30ish) I didn’t want to load up *too* much.

I grabbed some salad, meatballs, and a couple mini slices of pizza, all of which was delicious.

And of course, you can’t have a birthday without cake, right?? How cute is this cake!?!

I thoroughly enjoyed my slice with some ice cream, and I’ll tell ya – had another one been put in front of me, I most likely would have eaten that too.

Thankfully it was not. But it was soooo good.

*****

The weekend is quickly coming to a close, and I have got quite a busy (but fun) week ahead of me, so I think it’s about time to settle in and try to get myself organized.

Hope everyone had an amazing weekend!!

Question for the Evening:

What was the most indulgent thing you ate/drank this weekend?

(aka, so I don’t feel so bad about all my weekend treats, haha)

Comments

I definitely indulged in a few cocktails at my friend’s birthday celebration last night. The best was the Jackberry smash from dinner @ TGI Fridays. It was a combo of Jack Daniels, blackberry (juice? sauce? syrup???) and mint…holy delish!
    Faith recently posted..$1 Dinner from Suno 1 Sushi

That cake is adorable! I may or may not have had several cocktails last night for my birthday and then topped it off with late night pizza! (That’s how you know I had one too many cocktails!) :) I’m heading to the gym now myself to balance it out!

I feel like once in a while, it’s alright to indulge/majorly splurge! Especially when birthdays are involved! :)

3. Julie says

the most indulgent thing i ate this weekend is your oreo cream bars that i made on Saturday. so delish, thanks for the recipe!

I totally took advantage of the BOGO! I think they should have it like everyday haha. So good! I just made some chocolate chip muffins and had about 29432 chocolate chips in the processs 😉 I made sure to get my sweat on this weekend too though!
    Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..Busy Saturday

5. dee says

Oof..I’m a little embarrasssed, but this will definitely make you feel better! I went on a small baking splurge..I made carrot cake (and had 3 “small” slices), a few days later, I baked pumpkin rolo hersheys walnut cookies (of which I saw, and slightly altered, over at picky-palate)- so I “taste tested” two! Then, two days later (I kid you not), I baked peanut butter kisses and had 2..and that same night, baked mexican wedding cookies for the first time! Those didn’t turn out right, ibut I did manage to still put down 2 :( I really need to cool it on the baking and snacking before thanksgiving! And I really need to find a new mexican wedding cookie recipe! I hope that makes you feel a tiny bit better about your splurge :)

Congratulations on your impromptu long run! Always feels great when you surprise yourself like that :)
    The most indulgent thing I ate this weekend was the gorgeous creme brulee my best friend made for dessert on Saturday, followed by about 4 squares of Lindt dark chocolate and then some of the icing from my maple walnut cake on Sunday! I did go for a super long walk on Sunday too :)
    Amy recently posted..Maple and Walnut Layer Cake – and Puppy Love

I never took advantage of the BOGO Starbucks deal! We went yesterday but it was the morning and I didn’t have a holiday drink – total fail 😉
    Most indulgent? I started Christmas baking today and did a lot of quality testing along the way and had a huge mug of hot chocolate!
    Lindsey recently posted..Catch Up

Great going on the run- I set out to run 5 miles at a sub 9 min/mile pace today (PR for me) and managed to do so…such a rewarding feeling! Don’t feel bad about your weekend indulgences: on Saturday night I practically inhaled 4 slices of pizza at 4 am (I blame vodka) and yesterday I indulged in freshly baked choc chip cookies and dulce de leche flavored ice cream. For what it’s worth, I thoroughly enjoyed it all!
    Khushboo recently posted..Life lessons learned from running

9. Michelle says

I tried your “Give It Your All” 20 min HIIT workout yesterday morning – it was awesome! Left me feeling like I had put everything I could into those 20 minutes. Thanks for the great workout!

I did all of my Thanksgiving dinner planning yesterday too! I think I’m all ready to go. I cannot wait to start cooking! I took advantage of the Starbucks Bogo on Saturday. I got a skinny peppermint mocha. It was heavenly :)

That birthday cake is too cute!

11. Emily says

I took advntage of the Starbucks BOGO twice over the past 4 days. I agree, they definitely should do it all the time. Cute white bag…did you get it recently? I’ve had trouble finding a white one I really like.

• Courtney says

Thank you! I actually got it probably 3-4 years ago on the clearance rack at JCPenney. I think it cost me about $7.00 :)