Nice Little Sunday

by Courtney on November 20, 2011

Talk about a nice little Sunday. I love it!

After all of yesterday’s indulgent treats, I made sure to schedule time for myself to have a nice little date with the treadmill this morning. Don’t get me wrong, I love indulging every now and then, but I also love getting my sweat on. It’s all about balance my friends!

I initially planned on running a steady 4 miles @ a 7.0mph pace, but then as I was listening to my latest favorite playlist, I realized that I really wanted to hear the next two songs. Sooo, I told myself I’d simply run until those two songs were finished.

Well, wouldn’t ya know, those songs must be two of the longest songs ever, which left me covering 5 miles in about 45 minutes. Score!

Post-impromptu 5 mile run, I grabbed a mug of coffee, made some breakfast, and hit the Sunday paper while sitting in the living room.

Breakfast today was another egg, cheese, and jam English muffin with a small slice of Pumpkin Banana Bread and a mug of coffee. While inhaling my morning meal, I scanned through the flyers, clipped some coupons, and finalized my Thanksgiving menu.

Seriously, I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am about hosting Thanksgiving this year!

*****

Once the typical Sunday-morning routine was finished and I finally showered (poor Jay), the two of us headed out to run some errands. Of course, while we were out, I just had to make sure to take advantage of the last day of BOGO Starbucks holiday beverages. Winking smile

Another grande non-fat, no whip, 3 pump (instead of the usual 4) Caramel Brulee Latte. It tasted just as incredible as Thursday’s and Jay actually enjoyed his, too. I don’t know if I’d call him a “convert,” but he didn’t quite turn up his nose.

I don’t know about you, but I think Starbucks should have BOGO beverages all the time. Right?

Later this afternoon, we had a 2nd birthday party for our friends Scott & Kara’s son, Zachary. There was plenty of food to be had, but since it was at somewhat of an awkward time (3:30ish) I didn’t want to load up *too* much.

I grabbed some salad, meatballs, and a couple mini slices of pizza, all of which was delicious.

And of course, you can’t have a birthday without cake, right?? How cute is this cake!?!

I thoroughly enjoyed my slice with some ice cream, and I’ll tell ya – had another one been put in front of me, I most likely would have eaten that too.

Thankfully it was not. But it was soooo good.

*****

The weekend is quickly coming to a close, and I have got quite a busy (but fun) week ahead of me, so I think it’s about time to settle in and try to get myself organized.

Hope everyone had an amazing weekend!!

Question for the Evening:

What was the most indulgent thing you ate/drank this weekend?

(aka, so I don’t feel so bad about all my weekend treats, haha)

1 Sana November 20, 2011 at 7:54 pm

I have been pre-gaming for Thanksgiving ;)

2 Lee @ Fit Foodie Finds November 20, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Mmm, I definitely stopped at Whole Foods’ Hot Bar for lunch today. I always accidentally over do it…but I gotta try a little bit of everything! #nofoodleftbehind
Lee @ Fit Foodie Finds recently posted..a plaid affair.

3 Dawn November 20, 2011 at 8:27 pm

We went out for dinner to celebrate a friend’s birthday last night, and I indulged in the lobster mac & cheese. So delicious.
Dawn recently posted..About That…

4 Mallory @ It's Only Life November 20, 2011 at 8:28 pm

your workout this morning sounds similar to mine! gotta love great runs.

haha you shouldnt feel bad about weekend treats- you gotta prepare your tummy for thanksgiving of course! :)
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

5 Faith November 20, 2011 at 8:28 pm

I definitely indulged in a few cocktails at my friend’s birthday celebration last night. The best was the Jackberry smash from dinner @ TGI Fridays. It was a combo of Jack Daniels, blackberry (juice? sauce? syrup???) and mint…holy delish!
Faith recently posted..$1 Dinner from Suno 1 Sushi

6 Kristine @ Running on Hungry November 20, 2011 at 8:31 pm

That cake is adorable! I may or may not have had several cocktails last night for my birthday and then topped it off with late night pizza! (That’s how you know I had one too many cocktails!) :) I’m heading to the gym now myself to balance it out!

I feel like once in a while, it’s alright to indulge/majorly splurge! Especially when birthdays are involved! :)

7 Brandy @ Let's Grab a Coffee November 20, 2011 at 8:33 pm

I couldn’t help but notice cinnamon graham crackers and toffee bits on your list. I can’t wait to see what you use those for!
Brandy @ Let’s Grab a Coffee recently posted..This Is My Life

8 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill November 20, 2011 at 8:39 pm

After being on vacation for a week, I’ve been trying to clean up my diet a bit…though I did have some apple streusel cookies today which were phenomenal!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Bringing Back the Jean Jacket

9 Clare @ SweetnSimple November 20, 2011 at 8:43 pm

That is the cutest cake! And yum for pumpkin banana bread.. mmm :)

10 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 20, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Hmm I did eat a lot of chocolate last night after my long run – I don’ tknow if it’s very indulgent, but I just couldn’t stop!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..7 miles + 5k = crazy lady

11 Julie November 20, 2011 at 8:54 pm

the most indulgent thing i ate this weekend is your oreo cream bars that i made on Saturday. so delish, thanks for the recipe!

12 Cara @ EAT. PRAY. RUN. November 20, 2011 at 8:54 pm

Does sound like a lovely lil’ sunday. I am always envious of the banana breads/pumpkin breads you always have around. Next time I bake I should freeze some loaved to always have on hand!
Cara @ EAT. PRAY. RUN. recently posted..Pumpkin Terds

13 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile November 20, 2011 at 9:02 pm

I totally took advantage of the BOGO! I think they should have it like everyday haha. So good! I just made some chocolate chip muffins and had about 29432 chocolate chips in the processs ;) I made sure to get my sweat on this weekend too though!
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..Busy Saturday

14 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles November 20, 2011 at 9:12 pm

This makes jealousy rush over me all over again- I wish I lived next to a Starbucks :( ….Your day seemed lovely. I took some ‘me’ time and decided to not do school work > my life for the first time in forever. It was awesome!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Twins? No, just close sisters…. and a birthday gift!

15 Melissa November 20, 2011 at 9:16 pm

I have no self control around birthday cake! I made ice cream sandwiches with homemade chocolate chip cookies, bananas, nutella, and vanilla ice cream. I may have had . . . several. Whoops.
Melissa recently posted..The Same Old Crap

16 Liz @ Tip Top Shape November 20, 2011 at 9:24 pm

I missed out on Sbucks BOGO :( Oh well, next year!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Grahamwich

17 Brittney @ Brittney Breathing November 20, 2011 at 10:02 pm

I would definitely say a brownie topped with ice cream was my indulgent treat of the week! Don’t regret it though :)

18 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen November 20, 2011 at 10:10 pm

I had 2 pieces of apple pie for dinner tonight if it makes you feel better. :)
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Pomegranate chocolate chip pancakes

19 Lena @Fit on the Rocks November 20, 2011 at 10:22 pm

That cake is too cute! I didn’t indulge in any treats this weekend, but this upcoming week is going to be bad because of all the testing I’ll be doing now that we’ve gotten our matches for the cookie swap!
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Long Run Sundays: Surfs Up

20 Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy November 20, 2011 at 10:28 pm

I spent my weekend at church camp with some girlfriends I have not seen in a while. Needless to say, there were QUITE a few PB m&m’s consumed.. :)
Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy recently posted..Drink Up! Healthiful Balance Guest Post

21 dee November 20, 2011 at 10:59 pm

Oof..I’m a little embarrasssed, but this will definitely make you feel better! I went on a small baking splurge..I made carrot cake (and had 3 “small” slices), a few days later, I baked pumpkin rolo hersheys walnut cookies (of which I saw, and slightly altered, over at picky-palate)- so I “taste tested” two! Then, two days later (I kid you not), I baked peanut butter kisses and had 2..and that same night, baked mexican wedding cookies for the first time! Those didn’t turn out right, ibut I did manage to still put down 2 :( I really need to cool it on the baking and snacking before thanksgiving! And I really need to find a new mexican wedding cookie recipe! I hope that makes you feel a tiny bit better about your splurge :)

22 Amy November 20, 2011 at 11:23 pm

Congratulations on your impromptu long run! Always feels great when you surprise yourself like that :)
The most indulgent thing I ate this weekend was the gorgeous creme brulee my best friend made for dessert on Saturday, followed by about 4 squares of Lindt dark chocolate and then some of the icing from my maple walnut cake on Sunday! I did go for a super long walk on Sunday too :)
Amy recently posted..Maple and Walnut Layer Cake – and Puppy Love

23 Lindsey November 20, 2011 at 11:41 pm

I never took advantage of the BOGO Starbucks deal! We went yesterday but it was the morning and I didn’t have a holiday drink – total fail ;)
Most indulgent? I started Christmas baking today and did a lot of quality testing along the way and had a huge mug of hot chocolate!
Lindsey recently posted..Catch Up

24 Khushboo November 21, 2011 at 12:27 am

Great going on the run- I set out to run 5 miles at a sub 9 min/mile pace today (PR for me) and managed to do so…such a rewarding feeling! Don’t feel bad about your weekend indulgences: on Saturday night I practically inhaled 4 slices of pizza at 4 am (I blame vodka) and yesterday I indulged in freshly baked choc chip cookies and dulce de leche flavored ice cream. For what it’s worth, I thoroughly enjoyed it all!
Khushboo recently posted..Life lessons learned from running

25 erica November 21, 2011 at 4:04 am

i was right there w/ya on the caramel brulee latte from starbucks! i couldn’t pass that deal up!!!
erica recently posted..professional wedding pics: ceremony & reception

26 MizFit November 21, 2011 at 5:52 am

love the cake.
and you :)
and Jays lucky you clean up PURDY!!
MizFit recently posted..More Mamma Chia (giveaway post)

27 Courtney November 21, 2011 at 9:18 am

Awww, MizFit, you are so sweet! :)

28 Michelle November 21, 2011 at 6:10 am

I tried your “Give It Your All” 20 min HIIT workout yesterday morning – it was awesome! Left me feeling like I had put everything I could into those 20 minutes. Thanks for the great workout!

29 Courtney November 21, 2011 at 9:01 am

Oh GOOD! I’m so glad you liked it!
You’re welcome :-D

30 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 21, 2011 at 8:05 am

I had a delicious piece of pumpkin cheesecake on Saturday night!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..A Typical Weekend

31 Courtney November 21, 2011 at 9:01 am

Pumpkin cheesecake? Now that sounds right up my alley!!

32 Hope November 21, 2011 at 8:24 am

I did all of my Thanksgiving dinner planning yesterday too! I think I’m all ready to go. I cannot wait to start cooking! I took advantage of the Starbucks Bogo on Saturday. I got a skinny peppermint mocha. It was heavenly :)

That birthday cake is too cute!

33 Emily November 21, 2011 at 8:46 am

I took advntage of the Starbucks BOGO twice over the past 4 days. I agree, they definitely should do it all the time. Cute white bag…did you get it recently? I’ve had trouble finding a white one I really like.

34 Courtney November 21, 2011 at 8:57 am

Thank you! I actually got it probably 3-4 years ago on the clearance rack at JCPenney. I think it cost me about $7.00 :)

35 TheBloggersBrother November 21, 2011 at 9:24 am

Excuse me where is my picture?

36 Courtney November 21, 2011 at 9:52 am

Haha, trust me. I left it out for your own sake ;)

37 Claire November 21, 2011 at 10:20 am

I indulged quite a bit this past weekend! I would say my MOST indulgent was a little a peppermint chocolate ice cream sandwich…oh and I did have reeses’ ice cream last night. That should help ;-)
Claire recently posted..Spice it up: Hair-apy

38 Shannon November 21, 2011 at 4:45 pm

Do you know where the cake was from? That cake was cute! I’m guessing Coccadotts since the bakery put dots on the cake? Am I right?

Hmmmmmmmm… the most indulgent thing I ate this weekend were probably brownies.
Shannon recently posted..Calling all you writers!

39 Courtney November 21, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Yup, it was Coccadotts :)

40 Jonathan Chris November 28, 2011 at 12:36 pm

I love your breakfast ^^
Jonathan Chris recently posted..Abercrombie Printable Coupons

41 Christina Ivonne November 28, 2011 at 3:59 pm

OMG that cake is amazing !!!!
Christina Ivonne recently posted..Delias Printable Coupons

42 Kiana Writer December 15, 2011 at 7:03 pm

So awesomeeeeeeeeee ! The kids would love to taste that cake !
Kiana Writer recently posted..JCP Printable Coupons

43 William Notherdinger December 18, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Lovely indeed,would make them for my kids.
William Notherdinger recently posted..Sephora Printable Coupons

44 Christina Hopkin December 18, 2011 at 1:21 pm

You’re a cute girl,love your clothes style!
Christina Hopkin recently posted..Honda Dealer Oil Change Coupon