Clear Out The Fridge

by Courtney on November 21, 2011

Hey hey party people! I’m so glad you guys are excited about my Holiday Gift Giveaway. I love reading all of your comments about who you’d like to give one to…you guys are so thoughtful! Probably a whole lot more thoughtful than me; I think I’m in the group of you all who would like to keep it for yourself. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, of course! Christina’s work is too amazing to pass up.

*****

I figured I’d fill ya in on lunch since I never got a chance to earlier. I’m warning you – today’s combo is a little random, thanks to my need to clear out as much space as possible in the fridge.

I used up the rest of last week’s roasted veggies, added some carrots, grape tomatoes, crabmeat, and a wedge of The Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese, and threw it all in the microwave for about 2 minutes. Like I said, the flavor combos were a little random, but the cheesy, creamy factor was a win…and I managed to clear out some space, which was my main goal.

Mid-afternoon, I also snacked on some unpictured fudge from Saturday and a banana, with a side of creeper.

So anyways, that whole reason for wanting to make some room in the fridge…

Yes folks, the Thanksgiving grocery shop took place this morning and our fridge and countertops are packed. It’s a good thing that Thanksgiving only comes once a year because man, it really adds up!

Then again, I felt much better when Jay estimated today’s bill to be around $225 and I was able to happily tell him it was closer to $100. His response? “That’s awesome, but I guess I’m not surprised. You probably had loads of coupons and found really good deals.”

Damn right I did, hubby. Winking smile

I also made sure to stock up on the butter (hello, 2 for $5.00 – awesome deal) because ya know you can’t have Thanksgiving without it! Actually, now that I’m thinking of it, I should probably go back and load up some more – Christmas cookie baking is right around the corner, folks!

So since my main refrigerator goal for today was to clear out the fridge as much as possible, that left tonight’s dinner selection easy peasy: leftovers from Saturday night’s dinner.

Jay and I both still had a generous amount of leftovers, so we enjoyed those AND cleared out lots of space by getting rid of the two big Styrofoam containers.

Good news is that tonight’s leftovers tasted 10x more yummy than they did on Saturday. I blame it on the kettle corn. Bad news is that I’m pretty sure I forgot to take my Nexium this morning. Oooof.

Even still, Jay and I quickly found ourselves diving into dessert right after dinner…

A couple of days ago, I received a fun little package from Dylan’s Candy Bar.

I was given the opportunity to sample an item out of their Holiday Gift Guide, and as soon as I saw the Choc-A-Lot Gourmet Chocolate Pretzels, I knew there was no question on what I wanted to try.

The description said that the package contained 12 assorted gourmet Belgian chocolate pretzels covered with M&M’s, nonpareils, toffee bits, and white chocolate stripes. I was a little disappointed, however, when I opened up my box and only saw 10 pretzels. Bummer.

Luckily, the flavor of these pretzels were absolutely delicious, with the toffee bits one being my favorite. Man oh man were they good!

Now I just wonder where my other two pretzels are? Smile

It’s Monday night, so you know what that means: cozies, couch, and How I Met Your Mother!

Questions for the Evening: Fill in the blanks!

If I could cover anything in chocolate it would be ________________.

The most random meal I’ve had lately was ________________.

It’s Monday night, so you know what that means: ___________________.

1 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen November 21, 2011 at 7:25 pm

That pretzel you’re holding looks like pure deliciousness. I’m forwarding that company’s link to my mother for stocking stuffers! haha, yes I’m 29 and still telling my mom what I want for Christmas :)
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Philadelphia half marathon race recap & new PR!

2 Courtney November 21, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Girl, I do the SAME thing! Don’t even sweat it ;)

3 Lauren @ Lawfully Wedded Wife November 21, 2011 at 7:35 pm

We’ve been on a major fridge clearing mission too, because we’re going out of town for Thanksgiving and don’t want our produce to go to waste! And those pretzels look AMAZING, they would make such good holiday gifts! The most random meal I’ve had lately was a chocolate chip pancake…with a side of turnip greens!
Lauren @ Lawfully Wedded Wife recently posted..Thanksgiving Recipe Ideas

4 Courtney November 21, 2011 at 10:09 pm

Ok, at first I was going to say wait a second…chocolate chip pancakes are not random at all. But with turnip greens?? Now THAT is random! Haha :)

5 Shanna, like Banana November 21, 2011 at 7:46 pm

If I could cover anything in chocolate it would be Ian Smolderhalder ;)

The most random meal I’ve had lately was chobani with cereal and popcorn immediately following.

It’s Monday night, so you know what that means RHOBH and Gossip Girl!
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..False Alarm

6 Courtney November 21, 2011 at 10:08 pm

LOL Shanna!! Isn’t that the guy who used to be on Lost?
If so, I don’t blame ya ;)

7 Carissa November 21, 2011 at 7:52 pm

I love chocolate covered pretzels! I went to pick up a bag of dark chocolate mint ones at Target and made the awful mistake of looking at the nutrition facts. That’s why homemade is better..because I have no idea how bad they are for me!!!
Carissa recently posted..Half Marathon Training Begins

8 AshleyD November 21, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Woah, those pretzels looks so delicious! If I could have anything covered in chocolate it would be an oreo. I mean, have you tried their white chocolate covered oreos? Amazing!
AshleyD recently posted..I’m Going to Run a Half-Marathon. For Real.

9 Courtney November 21, 2011 at 10:07 pm

I actually have not…BUT, I’d assume it probably tastes something like my white chocolate Oreo fudge? YUM!! :-P

10 Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean November 21, 2011 at 7:58 pm

haha i do the same thing when butter goes on sale!
Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean recently posted..Playing Catchup

11 Victoria (District Chocoholic) November 21, 2011 at 8:02 pm

Obviously I ate the other two chocolate covered pretzels.
Victoria (District Chocoholic) recently posted..Hotel Chocolat: Cinnamon Crunch

12 Courtney November 21, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Thief!! ;)

13 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 21, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Those chocolate pretzels look amazing! Dylan’s Candy Bar is on my “to-visit” list for my next trip to NYC!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Black Friday Shopping Strategies

14 Melissa November 21, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Party people! How cute are you???

1. Pretzels. Sweet + salty = the JAM!
2. all of my meals have been random lately–I’ve been traveling too much for work :(
3. Monday night means Gossip Girl followed by my DVR’ed episode of How I Met Your Mother :)
Melissa recently posted..Monday Musings

15 Diana November 21, 2011 at 8:48 pm

spotted: Silk Pumpkin Spice – YUMMO one of my faves :)

If I could cover anything in chocolate it would be…my whole face
The most random meal I’ve had lately…cheese-less pizza dipped in hummus – don’t judge
It’s Monday night so you know that means…Dancing with the stars. No shame. Okay, maybe some shame ;)
Diana recently posted..Mocha Pumpkin Spice Smoothie of LUV {recipe}

16 Courtney November 21, 2011 at 10:05 pm

No judging at ALL…that actually sounds pretty darn delicious

17 Lindsay @ biking before bed November 21, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Dylan’s candy bar is my favorite. They have one in the mall in downtown Houston and I always have to stop in for something whenever I am shopping. Last time I was there the girl in front of me spent over 100 dollars on gummy bears!
Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..Anthropologie Wish List

18 Courtney November 21, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Whaaaaaat?!?

19 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill November 21, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Dylan’s Candy Bar is soo good! I’ve had a red velvet chocolate bar from there and it was amazing!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Bringing Back the Jean Jacket

20 Shannon November 21, 2011 at 9:15 pm

If I could cover anything in chocolate, it would be either pretzels or strawberries. One time I went to a birthday party and accidentally dipped the cheese pretzels into the chocolate instead of the regular kind. That turned out to be verrrrry gross. :(

The most random meal I’ve had lately was probably today- baked potato soup. Who woulda thunk they made such a thing in America? Then again, they make a lot of things around here.

It’s Monday night, so you know what that means: CASTLE! EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKK. :) Tonight’s episode is sure to keep me guessing until the end.

SN- Were you shocked at the end of HIMYM tonight?!?
Shannon recently posted..Random Thoughts

21 Courtney November 21, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Wait a second…you’ve never had baked potato soup?!?!? Ohhh goodness, Shannon! Haha, you’ve got to go to Panera and have theirs. Amazing!

And SN – definitely was NOT expecting the end to HIMYM tonight!

22 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine November 21, 2011 at 9:31 pm

I’m dying to try chocolate covered brie – I need to make some stat!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..WIAW – Foodsession Style

23 Lindsey November 21, 2011 at 9:36 pm

Chocolate covered bananas are the BEST!
Monday night means Dexter watching in our house since we are too old to stay up past 10pm to watch it Sunday’s.
I made your maple pumpkin gingerbread cookies last night, they are delicious – I had to put them into the freezer stat before I ate them all! haha
Lindsey recently posted..Catch Up

24 Courtney November 21, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Oh GOOD! I’m so glad you liked ‘em :)

25 Alysha @Shesontherun.com November 21, 2011 at 9:40 pm

We’ve been going through butter like water (I bake nonstop from September to January).

BTW, chocolate covered ruffles potato chips are the best thing since sliced bread. That sweet salty combo is amazing. You have to try them!
Alysha @Shesontherun.com recently posted..Easy as Pie

26 Courtney November 21, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Oh good lord…do you make them yourself? That sounds insanely delicious!

27 Ashlee November 21, 2011 at 9:45 pm

I absolutely LOVE White chocolate covered oreos!

It is Monday night that means Tim and I are lounging on the couch with a beer watching the CBS Monday night Comedy shows :)
Ashlee recently posted..OMG 30 Pounds!

28 Danica @ It's Progression Not Perfection November 21, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Wasn’t the ending of How I Met Your Mother crazy tonight?!? I can’t wait to see the next episode now!

Any fruit covered in dark chocolate is amazing, and of course peanut butter and chocolate is a combo that cannot be beat.
Danica @ It’s Progression Not Perfection recently posted..Workouts 11/13 – 11/19

29 Catherine November 21, 2011 at 10:05 pm

chocolate covered: blueberries!! i saw this on pinterest ive gotta try it!!

most random meal: brown rice mixed with laughing cow cheese (delicious)

monday night: studying my little heart out for abnormal psychology

30 Khushboo November 21, 2011 at 11:43 pm

Chocolate covered nuts are my favorite…and no that’s not what anyone said ;)!
Khushboo recently posted..Put a SOCCA into it

31 Chelsea M November 22, 2011 at 12:41 am

Good job on cleaning out the fridge. I’m going home Wednesday and planning to do the same tomorrow!

Those pretzels look great, you should also check out economycandy.com. It’s another great NYC candy store and they have yummy chocolate/candy covered pretzels!!

32 Hope November 22, 2011 at 9:00 am

Those chocolate covered pretzels look amazing! Dylan’s Candy Bar is a must visit anytime I’m in NYC. That store is incredible :)
Hope recently posted..My Big Fat Greek Dinner…

33 Paige @ RUnning Around Normal November 22, 2011 at 9:45 am

Oooh Courtney it sounds like your guests will be eatin’ gooood! :)
You know that’s so funny you mentioned that about the butter because last year I hosted Thanksgiving dinner, and I had to run out and get more butter like 3 times, no lie. SO much butter goes into Thanksgiving!!!
Paige @ RUnning Around Normal recently posted..Dishwasher Debate

34 Jodi November 22, 2011 at 10:39 am

Oh, complete bummer on the missing pretzels! They look fantastic, and so does your dinner!

I always stock up on a ton of butter because baking requires so much! You can never have enough…
Jodi recently posted..A Picture’s Worth…

35 Brigitt November 22, 2011 at 10:45 am

Yum! I love Dylan’s Candy Bar! I would want a chocolate caramel covered pretzel, if that’s possible?! Heaven!
Brigitt recently posted..Exciting News