Getting Paid To Buy Booze?

Sooooo, remember when I last told you guys about our Christmas Tree issues?

Well, after searching every single possible bulb, fuse, and plug…

The ornaments came down.

The tree was disassembled.

Put back into its box and brought back to exchange.

Talk about a pain in the butt, right? I know that it was only one strand and wasn’t *too* noticeable, but once Jay and I saw that the strand was out, it was literally all we could see every time we looked at the tree.

So now, we have another new tree. With 100% working lights!

Round 2 of tree decorating will begin later today. Oooof.

*****

Yesterday afternoon, Jay and I also made it a point to go out and support Small Business Saturday. Did anyone else show their support?

source

Basically, Small Business Saturday is the day to celebrate the Shop Small movement to get consumers to local merchants across the U.S.

Jay and I both got word that as American Express cardholders, we would receive a $25.00 credit on our statement if we made a purchase of at least $25.00 at a participating small local business. All we had to do was register our cards ahead of time and then go out and make the purchase so really, what was there to lose, right?

So you want to know where we shopped local and what we bought?

Okay, okay. We are going to sound totally boozy right now, so no judging allowed. We headed on over to one of our favorite local wine & liquor stores, All Star Wine, and both spent our $25.00 credits on some booze.

source

We got two flavors of Pinnacle Vodka, one whipped and one cake. We have yet to come across one that we don’t love (chocolate whipped, cherry whipped, and orange are all amazing) and I really, really want to try the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough flavor.

We also bought a couple bottles of wine and a bottle of Cruzan Coconut rum.

source

I love me some coconut rum. I also love basically getting paid to buy stuff. Pretty awesome if you ask me! Thanks, American Express! Smile

*****

I don’t know what was up with me, but I slept wayyyyy too long last night. I ended up passing out on the couch around 11:00pm, and Jay finally came in around 8:45am this morning to wake me up. Almost 10 hours of sleep in one night, for me, is a recipe for grogginess alllll day long today. Good thing it’s going to be a relaxing day.

This morning, I awoke to a warm pot of coffee awaiting me, and a hubby who was volunteering to cook pancakes for breakfast. Ummm, does it GET much better than this?

Check out these pancakes, my friends. That right there is some leftover Pumpkin Pie spread right over the top of my ‘cakes, along with some maple syrup.

I only have three words for you: Do This Now. Smile

While we were getting breakfast ready, Cody was lurking around, being vocal as ever, and we thought maybe it was his way of saying that he wanted in on the pancake action…

So we made him a Cody-sized pancake.

Turns out he wasn’t making all his noise about pancakes after all. Winking smile

*****

Today, I’ll be working on getting the tree re-decorated, packaging up the cookies for my bloggers in the Cookie Swap (the cookies turned out awesome!), lots of studying, and making a batch of leftover Turkey & Veggie Soup. Yum!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Questions for the Morning:

Do you feel groggy after you sleep for too long in one night?

If you’re a liquor drinker, what are your favorites?

Comments

I actually do not like to sleep a lot for that reason. I feel like I feel more tired the more I sleep. Weird right?

I don’t think a lot but I really enjoy 3 olives vodka. The grape is by far the best I have had and if you mix it with Sprite it is delish!!

Awwwwwwwwwww. That really stinks about your tree. But it’s good that you have a new one! :)

We make pancakes for Armani & Jezebel all the time! Well, little ones. I don’t think they are supposed to have any though. Oops. My sister tries to shape them like dogs and most of the time, it works. They love pancakes. I know, we spoil them too much.

I slept for a while yesterday- went to bed around midnight, and woke up around 11:15 am. Usually, I don’t sleep for 11 hours but I felt caught up on sleep since I don’t sleep many hours (7-8 hours) during the school week. I wanted to go back to sleep but I had things to do yesterday.
    Shannon recently posted..Black Friday shopping update

I like vodka, rum, whiskey, and tequila. I’m sure there’s a few in there I forgot to mention. Don’t worry, when I walk through the liquor section of the store, I always sound like a booze-hound. “Oh, I want that! And that! Ooh, that looks yummy!” Besides, it’s always good to have a stocked liquor cabinet.
    Kathryn recently posted..Thanksgiving

4. Michelle says

I love the kitty-sized pancake :-) Whenever I make pancakes, I make a mini one for my dog, Meeko. And I usually give her some “Beggin’ treats” (that look like bacon) to go along with it. She’s not spoiled at all…

I can’t believe you had the patience to take down that gorgeous tree and put it all up again! But I understand what it’s like to only see the mistake in a project and have that drive you CRAZY until you fix it. You’ll be really happy once it’s done.
    Meg @ My Chocolate Covered Life recently posted..Cafe Spiaggia

6. Lindsay says

Cody probably wanted your syrup! My cat goes bonkers whenever we have pancakes because she is obsessed with syrup…maybe not as much as me, but almost :-)

7. Brandi says

So glad the tree thing is finally working out…..even after such a hassle…:) Once it’s done it will be so worth it.
    Sleep is something that I would love to get more of, but never do. I’m with you….if I sleep too long I feel like I have slept the day away and will feel pretty worthless for the rest of the day. Even if I go to bed pretty late I will still have to get up around 6 or 6:30. Sadly, sometimes it’s just to catch up on my DVR shows! :) Or, to just enjoy the quiet and a nice cup of coffee.
    Can’t wait to see the tree when you are done!

8. Joel says

@Debbie pinnacle vodka and 3 olives vodka are made by the same people. If you liked the grape 3olives you should definitely try the pinnacle version!

9. JN says

I had to laugh at this post – I bought some of the Pinnacle cookie dough vodka on Friday and mixed it with chocolate milk. YUM! I’ll have to try the Whipped with orange soda – I love creamscicles!

I really want to try the whipped cream vodka. I’ve heard great things about it!

Cruzan rum story – my husband and I went to St. Thomas on our honeymoon. They make Cruzan rum down there and promote the hell out of it – even give you free shots at the airport when you land! It was tasty stuff, so I wound up buying some bottles, thinking, this is my only chance to buy these!
    … a week later, I’m at my local bar and point out to Pete the Cruzan rum bottle behind the bar. Oops.. apparently its available everywhere ;) LOL
    Laura @ Unchartered 20s recently posted..Bacon Times