Using Up Thanksgiving Leftovers

Good news!

Round 2 of Christmas tree decorating was a success

Mid-afternoon, I finally got the motivation to get to work on finishing up the tree. It doesn’t look a whole lot different from the first one, but at least its got all of its lights working. Wooo Hooo!

I also finished up putting up the rest of the Christmas decorations which came together quite nicely.

IMG_0245IMG_0246

Yesterday afternoon while Jay and I were out shopping, I also made a quick pit-stop at Yankee Candle. I had a coupon for Buy 2, Get 2 free on large jar candles, which was an opportunity I could not pass up. I actually split the deal with my mom so she got two, and I got two.

In addition to this White Christmas scent, I also got the Cherries on Snow scent; both of which I am now currently obsessed with.

I just love Christmas decorations. Smile

IMG_0247IMG_0255

Dinner

Ooooo boy, was tonight’s dinner yummy, thanks to some leftovers. If I’m not making this sandwich, one of my favorite ways to use up Thanksgiving turkey leftovers is with my Turkey & Veggie Soup.

Not only is the recipe beyond easy, but it’s just so incredibly flavorful, delicious, and healthy. You can’t beat it!

On the side we had some homemade bread, which I cooked up earlier today in the bread machine. It wasn’t one of my best batches looks-wise, but it still tasted pretty good.

Hey, we’ve definitely seen worse, haven’t we? Winking smile

Now, I’m thinking that a leftover piece of cheesecake and some couch time is the perfect way to end another great weekend.

Hopefully yours was just as great!

Questions for the Evening:

What are some of your favorite ways to use up Thanksgiving leftovers? If you have a recipe, feel free to link up!

What are your favorite scented candles?

Comments

I am obsessed with pine candles in the winter time. They smell so great and I love having our whole house smell like a Christmas tree! :)

We didn’t make anything with our leftovers. I think my husband is finishing up the turkey tonight for dinner and the rest will probably end up in the trash. We are both a little tired of eating Thanksgiving food right now.
    Trainer Kjirsten @ Balanced Healthy Life recently posted..Thanksgiving Recap

I love your christmas tree and decorations! Good thing you didn’t give up! =] This year, being that I’ll be in Hong Kong for most of December ( 12/7-12/24), hubby and I decided not to put up the tree this year~ …
    I’m totally making the soup, with the roast pork I have leftover! Yay! Thanks for sharing =]
    Juju @ Get Fit with Juju recently posted..Baking Away~ Foodbuzz Tastemakers

I love Christmas decorations too! They’re always so festive and cute.

Ooooooooooooooohhh, that soup looks good. I’ll have to print the recipe and make it soon. Tomorrow’s dinner is a new recipe: Roasted Red Pepper Bisque. Yummmmmmmmmmmmm! :) What my family usually does with Thanksgiving leftovers are Hot Turkey Sandwiches. This year with our leftover mashed potatoes, my mom made potato pancakes- and I absolutely love them! I kind of want one right about now. Too bad they’re all gone. They were a big hit yesterday.

My favorite scented candles are Buttercream, Macintosh, and Vanilla Cupcake (I think) all from Yankee Candle. The original owners of Yankee Candle started a candle company called Kringle Candle Company before Yankee Candle. You should Google it. It’s 15 miles north of South Deerfield and all of the candles are white…with different scents! It’s pretty neat. My mom & sister went and loved it there; the candles, I think, smell just as good. The Rosemary one…..mmmmmmmmmmmmmm! I could sniff that thing all day long! :)
    Shannon recently posted..Black Friday shopping update

4. Julie says

your Christmas decorations look great! i love the garland and bows on the mirror. how did you get it to stick? i have a similar mirror and would love to try that. i’ve definitely used Pinterest for other fun Christmas crafts :)

I have a ton of Thanksgiving leftovers at my house as well especially turkey. I’ve been trying to figure out what to do with all of it. I’m hoping to freeze some because I am getting sick of leftovers. That turkey soup looks fabulous :)

My favorite candles are pumpkin, and cake scented candles. Although as of lately, I’ve been really obsessed with the Leaves scented candle from Bath & Body Works. It smells heavenly.
    Hope recently posted..Sleepless in Philadelphia…

6. Camilla says

love it- so festive!!! i love the holiday scent called “winter” at bath and body work- it’s so cozy :) enjoy your night!

Trackbacks