In The Zone

Productivity was the name of the game today!

After mailing out my cookies this morning and making a few other quick pit stops, I came home and got right to work…on studying, that is.

I finished the entire book a couple of weeks ago and have since been spending my time going back and re-examining the material that had been covered a while ago. I was so in the zone that I didn’t end up breaking for lunch until about 1:30.

Oddly enough, I wasn’t really that hungry (which, indeed, is very odd) so I put together a quick yogurt bowl.

Plain Chobani, pumpkin, a sliced banana, a scoop of apple butter, Quaker Oatmeal Squares, Love Grown Foods granola, cinnamon, and some crumbled leftover cornbread.

I slowly ate through today’s lunch while watching a bunch of my NASM videos and I was totally thrilled with the fact that I got in a solid 4 hours of studying today with no minimal Cody interruptions, and total peace and quiet.

I also managed to sneak in a couple handfuls of Christmas themed Pretzel M&M’s.

I’m such a sucker for the themed ones. I just can’t resist ‘em!

When Jay got home from work a little after 5:00, I deemed my study time over for the day and got to work on putting something together for dinner. We were both pretty hungry, we wanted something quick, but we really didn’t feel like more Thanksgiving leftovers. Then, it hit me…

Chili-topped sweet potatoes. Oh god, yes. I can’t believe I haven’t done this sooner. I mean, seriously…this dinner is legit. Not only is it delicious, but it’s super filling, too.

I topped my baked sweet potato (which I prepared our favorite way) with about half of a can of Trader Joe’s Turkey Chili with Beans.

On the side we had some (more) leftover cornbread and shared a bag of steamed mixed veggies.

Considering the fact that tonight’s combo received two thumbs up from Jay too, you can bet your bottom dollar that you’ll be seeing this again. I just have to get myself over to TJ’s for some more of that chili.

I think I’m sensing a Trader Joe’s road trip…who wants in? Winking smile

Questions for the Evening:

What are your favorite baked potato toppings? Ever tried chili?

Do you ever fall victim to the holiday-themed foods like me? (i.e., Christmas Oreos, m&m’s, etc…)

ah, baked potatoes!
    this reminds me of high school, we had a baked potato bar w/all the toppings! so yes, i’ve tried chili! (it’s great!) i love a good cheesy topping w/some bacon bits and sourcream….yah…baked potatoes never end up “healthy” for me! lol.

i’m a total sucker for holiday oreos. LOVE the peppermint ones from trader joes!
    Erica recently posted..the holidays are here!

Awesome job with your studying progress! I love the feeling of productivity!

Mmm chili on sweet potatoes?! I’ve never even thought of it. I’ve had chili on a regular baked potato, but a sweet potato sounds even better! My favorite toppings on a regular potato are cheese, bacon bits, and broccoli. As for a sweet potato, I love Greek yogurt or peanut butter and a little brown sugar for a topping. Chili might just have to be my new potential favorite though!

I’m always a sucker for the holiday themed candy too! I love all the colors, plus it gives me a good excuse to buy candy! 😉
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Don’t Sweat The Small Stuff

Oh, now I know what I’m having for dinner tonight! I made up a pot of chickpea chili last night and I was wondering what to pair it with this evening. Thanks Courtney!
    I love the Christmas themed m&ms. Can’t wait until Mum brings home the first packet :)
    Amy recently posted..I Have Been Changed For Good

I always put butter on top of mine. I’m very plain. I bet my brother would like chili on top of his; he likes baked potatoes & chili. Hmmmmmmmmmm…I’ve got a plan.

I absolutely positively LOVE candy corn! I get addicted to it so quick; it’s not even funny. Then I get tired of the sweetness. :(
    Shannon recently posted..Riots, Shopping and Yummy Bisque

5. Heather B says

Good job on the studying! I was just looking at FB posts and I saw your comment on exercise tv and I was like “I know her!!”….. but not really!! 😉 I’m very upset by it, I loved those workouts.

6. dee says

I love sweet potatoes and I love chili, but I have never thought to put them together. I will definitely be trying that :)