In The Zone

by Courtney on November 28, 2011

Productivity was the name of the game today!

After mailing out my cookies this morning and making a few other quick pit stops, I came home and got right to work…on studying, that is.

I finished the entire book a couple of weeks ago and have since been spending my time going back and re-examining the material that had been covered a while ago. I was so in the zone that I didn’t end up breaking for lunch until about 1:30.

Oddly enough, I wasn’t really that hungry (which, indeed, is very odd) so I put together a quick yogurt bowl.

Plain Chobani, pumpkin, a sliced banana, a scoop of apple butter, Quaker Oatmeal Squares, Love Grown Foods granola, cinnamon, and some crumbled leftover cornbread.

I slowly ate through today’s lunch while watching a bunch of my NASM videos and I was totally thrilled with the fact that I got in a solid 4 hours of studying today with no minimal Cody interruptions, and total peace and quiet.

I also managed to sneak in a couple handfuls of Christmas themed Pretzel M&M’s.

I’m such a sucker for the themed ones. I just can’t resist ‘em!

Dinner

When Jay got home from work a little after 5:00, I deemed my study time over for the day and got to work on putting something together for dinner. We were both pretty hungry, we wanted something quick, but we really didn’t feel like more Thanksgiving leftovers. Then, it hit me…

Chili-topped sweet potatoes. Oh god, yes. I can’t believe I haven’t done this sooner. I mean, seriously…this dinner is legit. Not only is it delicious, but it’s super filling, too.

I topped my baked sweet potato (which I prepared our favorite way) with about half of a can of Trader Joe’s Turkey Chili with Beans.

On the side we had some (more) leftover cornbread and shared a bag of steamed mixed veggies.

Considering the fact that tonight’s combo received two thumbs up from Jay too, you can bet your bottom dollar that you’ll be seeing this again. I just have to get myself over to TJ’s for some more of that chili.

I think I’m sensing a Trader Joe’s road trip…who wants in? Winking smile

Questions for the Evening:

What are your favorite baked potato toppings? Ever tried chili?

Do you ever fall victim to the holiday-themed foods like me? (i.e., Christmas Oreos, m&m’s, etc…)

1 Tina November 28, 2011 at 7:24 pm

You are getting me in the mood for chili now! I was just thinking today that I need to go to Trader Joe’s it has been too long…love that place.
Tina recently posted..Feeling a little hopeless

2 Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 28, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Chili on sweet potatoes has never crossed my mind, but it looks delicious! Have you ever tried the “chili on spaghetti noodles” thing? I haven’t, but it’s another meal I’ve always been curious to try!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..We missed the baby memo.

3 Courtney November 28, 2011 at 10:03 pm

No I haven’t, but it sounds interesting?

4 briana November 28, 2011 at 7:32 pm

so sad there isnt TJs in Colorado!

5 Candice @ Sailing on Paper November 28, 2011 at 7:35 pm

I love putting salsa, sour cream, and chives on baked potatoes. So good!
Candice @ Sailing on Paper recently posted..Living Better

6 Emily @ Relishments November 28, 2011 at 7:37 pm

If you’re headed this way for Trader Joe’s, I’ll join you!
Emily @ Relishments recently posted..Highlights: Holiday Gift Guides

7 Courtney November 28, 2011 at 10:02 pm

I’ll be sure to let you know!

8 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 28, 2011 at 7:38 pm

I am obsessed with those pretzel M&Ms! And yes, I’m a total sucker for the holiday-themed treats; hence the 1,000 Reese’s bells I’ve consumed over the last 2 days!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..All Good Things…

9 Courtney November 28, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Haha…’tis the season! ;)

10 Maria@La_Piattini November 28, 2011 at 7:40 pm

Christmas Themed Pretzel M&M’s?!?! Getting in car to go buy hehee jk but need them immediately!
Maria@La_Piattini recently posted..Fondue Fun

11 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn November 28, 2011 at 7:40 pm

Uhhh, I’ll come! Le duhh. TJ and I are gettin hitched!
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..Cyber Monday #fail

12 Erica November 28, 2011 at 7:42 pm

ah, baked potatoes!
this reminds me of high school, we had a baked potato bar w/all the toppings! so yes, i’ve tried chili! (it’s great!) i love a good cheesy topping w/some bacon bits and sourcream….yah…baked potatoes never end up “healthy” for me! lol.

i’m a total sucker for holiday oreos. LOVE the peppermint ones from trader joes!
Erica recently posted..the holidays are here!

13 Tina @ Best Body Fitness November 28, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Wow! 4 hours of studying?? I don’t think I ever studied that long. You are going to do so great on your exam.

PS – Miss you and need another Gchat in my life with ya.
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..A Painful PR: ZOOMA Atlanta Half Marathon

14 Courtney November 28, 2011 at 10:01 pm

Yes, we definitely do. Let’s do that soon!

15 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 28, 2011 at 7:57 pm

I have been meaning to do this FOREVER!!! That looks delicious!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..the tale of the leftovers

16 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries November 28, 2011 at 8:02 pm

Awesome job with your studying progress! I love the feeling of productivity!

Mmm chili on sweet potatoes?! I’ve never even thought of it. I’ve had chili on a regular baked potato, but a sweet potato sounds even better! My favorite toppings on a regular potato are cheese, bacon bits, and broccoli. As for a sweet potato, I love Greek yogurt or peanut butter and a little brown sugar for a topping. Chili might just have to be my new potential favorite though!

I’m always a sucker for the holiday themed candy too! I love all the colors, plus it gives me a good excuse to buy candy! ;)
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Don’t Sweat The Small Stuff

17 Amy November 28, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Oh, now I know what I’m having for dinner tonight! I made up a pot of chickpea chili last night and I was wondering what to pair it with this evening. Thanks Courtney!
I love the Christmas themed m&ms. Can’t wait until Mum brings home the first packet :)
Amy recently posted..I Have Been Changed For Good

18 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill November 28, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Yes! I always think that the holiday-themed Oreos taste better than regular Oreos…the food coloring makes them extra delicious! ;)
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Hyatt Regency Curacao Review

19 Courtney November 28, 2011 at 10:00 pm

I agree!!

20 Trainer Kjirsten @ Balanced Healthy Life November 28, 2011 at 8:35 pm

I love greek yogurt and cheese on a plain baked potato! Your chili sweet potatoes look awesome!
Trainer Kjirsten @ Balanced Healthy Life recently posted..Last Week’s Goals and Weeknight Recap- Monday

21 Danielle @ Dish n Dash November 28, 2011 at 8:43 pm

I love holiday-themed candy! This year I spotted christmas candy corn in a flyer – must hunt some down and eat them all in one sitting! I mean, carefully portion them out and enjoy them over the coming month.
I wish TJ’s would come to Canada.
Danielle @ Dish n Dash recently posted..Monday run and Arranged Dog Marriages

22 Shannon November 28, 2011 at 8:49 pm

I always put butter on top of mine. I’m very plain. I bet my brother would like chili on top of his; he likes baked potatoes & chili. Hmmmmmmmmmm…I’ve got a plan.

I absolutely positively LOVE candy corn! I get addicted to it so quick; it’s not even funny. Then I get tired of the sweetness. :(
Shannon recently posted..Riots, Shopping and Yummy Bisque

23 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine November 28, 2011 at 8:58 pm

I love honey butter and cinnamon on sweet potatoes – absolutely delicious!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..WIAW – Foodsession Style

24 Michelle @ Blogitness November 28, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Four hours of studying! You are going to do great. Is it bad that I knew it was the NASM book from the first picture of your post? A couple of my Master’s classes used that book heavily!
Michelle @ Blogitness recently posted..It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

25 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile November 28, 2011 at 9:12 pm

I’m down to go to Trader Joes! They don’t have one in Florida though =/ This is such a great idea, I’ve never thought about it ! Holiday themes definitely get me :)

26 JN November 29, 2011 at 11:21 am

They are opening one in Naples soon. If you’re anywhere near there, it’s worth the trip!

27 jen November 28, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Me!!!!!!!!
jen recently posted..Thanksgiving 2011 – Turkey Trot and a Feast

28 Courtney November 28, 2011 at 9:59 pm

I knew you’d be in! Let’s do it?!?!?

29 Heather B November 28, 2011 at 9:42 pm

Good job on the studying! I was just looking at FB posts and I saw your comment on exercise tv and I was like “I know her!!”….. but not really!! ;) I’m very upset by it, I loved those workouts.

30 Courtney November 28, 2011 at 10:00 pm

LOL that’s too funny :)

31 Alysha @Shesontherun.com November 28, 2011 at 9:53 pm

I bought the fall m&m’s for decoration – I’ve got a really pretty glass candy bowl. But the thing with candy decor is that you eat it :) Next time I’ll decorate with acorns!
Alysha @Shesontherun.com recently posted..After Thanksgiving Turkey Sliders

32 Courtney November 28, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Hmmm, I’m not too sure how they’d taste though? ;)

33 dee November 28, 2011 at 9:55 pm

I love sweet potatoes and I love chili, but I have never thought to put them together. I will definitely be trying that :)

34 Jessica @ The Process of Healing November 28, 2011 at 11:23 pm

Cornbread in a yogurt mess?! You are a genius!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Facebook Fan Page

35 Khushboo November 28, 2011 at 11:41 pm

Chili and potatoes (any form) is so yum! I love the combo of baked beans and cottage cheese on baked potatoes…sounds kinda random but it works so well!
Khushboo recently posted..A delicious marriage

36 Ari @ Ari's Menu November 28, 2011 at 11:46 pm

I would have never thought of chili on a sweet potato! Can’t wait to try it!! :)
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwich

37 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy November 28, 2011 at 11:54 pm

Yum! I’ve tried salsa on a baked potato, but never chili on a sweet potato!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Random Thoughts + Save the Dates

38 Hope November 29, 2011 at 8:51 am

Chili on a sweet potato sounds delicious! Such a simple and easy meal to make too. :)

I love holiday themed foods. I always make sure to have some holiday themed candies in my candy dish on my coffee table.
Hope recently posted..My End Of November Favorites…

39 JN November 29, 2011 at 11:19 am

We were there (TJ’s) just 3 weeks ago, and of course, yesterday, I received their ad, the Fearless Flyer. They now have Astounding Multi-Flavor Joe-Joe’s (http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article.asp?article_id=363).
I want to go back NOW. :)

40 Kelsey November 29, 2011 at 11:34 am

That chili/sweet potato idea looks amazing. I really love Amy’s Vegetarian Black Bean chili. It is DELICIOUS, and super filling.
Kelsey recently posted..Creating a Rate Sheet