No More On Demand??

by Courtney on November 29, 2011

Okay, I know I’ve already shared my love of the Crazy Target Lady with you all, but this latest commercial has been cracking me up.

It really has not been uncommon for Jay and I to spontaneously belt out random “Rum Tummy Tummy Tum’s!” around the house these past few days. Too funny!

Workout

I ended up hitting the snooze a couple extra times this morning so I only wound up leaving myself about a half hour to get my sweat on. I went through a couple of my old favorite treadmill routines and decided on the Insane Incline Run. The speeds on this workout may not be super speedy but those hills are no joke!

Speaking of no joke (and corny transitions) I found out some pretty awful news last night while scrolling through Facebook

exercisetv

No more On Demand channel??? Are they serious?!?

It’s no secret that I have long been a HUGE fan of my On Demand channel and I am going to be so incredibly sad when it’s gone. Word has it that it’s officially going to expire on December 5th, but I’m not sure on how true that date is. Either way, it’s a sad, sad thing. And I kind of want to start a petition asking them to keep it. Smile

Breakfast

I was pretty hungry by the time I made it out into the kitchen for breakfast, and I ended up snacking on a good amount of these cinnamon sugar nuts. Good amount as in, way more than I really needed. Woops.

So, with the exception of my coffee, I scaled back the rest of breakfast slightly. Coffee does not get scaled back. Ever.

A scrambled egg with the rest of the Italian-style diced tomatoes

And an apple-cinnamon rice cake topped with Cinnamon Raisin Swirl PB and sliced banana.

I liked the peanut butter much better today than I did the other day. I think having more crunch from the rice cake masked the grainy texture that I was unsure of from the PB. I guess maybe it’s growing on me?

Today starts the beginning of a long work week for me; in addition to working my normal schedule, I’ll also be covering the full day shift this Saturday, so I am certainly going to be a busy bee this week. I just keep reminding myself…

More money for Christmas shopping. Smile

***

Questions for the Morning:

Do you/have you ever use(d) Exercise on Demand? (<—Umm, all the time)

What’s your favorite holiday commercial? (<—I’ve always loved the classic Hershey Kisses commercial with the bell ringing at the end!)

Have you started your Christmas/holiday shopping yet? (<—Yup!)

1 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat November 29, 2011 at 9:13 am

I use ExerciseTV on demand and on their website – this is terrible news! I should have payed to download some of the videos… maybe they’ll end up on YouTube?
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Overnight Cinnamon Rolls

2 char @ char on a mission November 29, 2011 at 9:13 am

On my goodness – because I’m in Canada, I’d never see that Target commercial, but that is so good! I’m totally going to watch some of the other ones now!
char @ char on a mission recently posted..meal plan – week one results

3 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries November 29, 2011 at 9:14 am

I’ve never used Exercise On Demand, but it sounds like a great thing to have! I’m sorry to hear it’s going away for you. Luckily there’s lots of great workout videos on Hulu and that you can buy in the stores.

I’ve barely started my Christmas shopping! I bought a big gift for my husband last night online (woo hoo for Cyber Monday!), but that’s pretty much it. Being away for a week over Thanksgiving kinda set me back on Christmas this year. I plan to get on the decorating and shopping this week though!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Trainer Tuesday: Full Body Strength Workout

4 Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl November 29, 2011 at 9:17 am

WHAT?!?! My favorite quick ab workout is on there. Wtf. I guess I can figure out how to use the TVPC (yes Scott hooked up a desktop computer to our TV) and go to their online site, but seriously. This stinks. Wonder if cable is charging them too much to have the channel. Lame. Super super lame.

The one commercial where the guy is texting his neighbor in front of him and he calls their decorations “ho ho horrendous.” I don’t know why but it made me laugh every time. I also love that Hershey kiss commercial. :)
Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl recently posted..A Beachy Thanksgiving

5 Kristen November 29, 2011 at 9:28 am

Even their free website will be going away…I just checked. There’s a note that as of 12/31, the website and On Demand will be no more. I’m so upset!!

Only premium members will have access to the website.

6 Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl November 29, 2011 at 9:29 am

That’s even MORE lame than I thought.
Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl recently posted..A Beachy Thanksgiving

7 Sylvia @ frolic through life November 29, 2011 at 9:17 am

Nooooo! I love exercise TV and turn to it all the time for a good workout at home. :(
I started my Christmas shopping on black Friday like a good consumer. ;)
Sylvia @ frolic through life recently posted..A Jam Packed Thanksgiving Weekend

8 Nicole November 29, 2011 at 9:17 am

Before we moved into our house and we lived in Queens I used exercise tv on demand ALL the time! When we moved to long island, our cable company doesn’t get exercise tv, so obviously I can’t use it anymore. That STINKS that they are stopping it. I think it’s the best part of the channel!

9 alyssa - fashion fitness foodie November 29, 2011 at 9:21 am

I love her commercials!! She has gotta be making a killing on these…

I can’t believe they are discontinuing exercise tv!

10 Ashlee November 29, 2011 at 9:22 am

What a bummer! I just started using On Demand. I used it once and planned on working it into my routine. Darn.

I love the Coca-Cola Polar Bears commercials :) (And of course the Target lady cracks me up!)

I am almost done with my shopping, I do not want to start wrapping until closer to Christmas. It always puts me in the Christmas Spirit to wrap gifts :)
Ashlee recently posted..I Love This Time of Year

11 Hope November 29, 2011 at 9:36 am

I love the Hershey Kisses bell commercial too. I also like the Coca Cola Polar Bear commercials. They are so cute :)

I haven’t even started holiday shopping yet. Money is tight this year. I’m hoping to come up with some creative ideas for the holidays.
Hope recently posted..My End Of November Favorites…

12 Chelcie of Chelcie's Food Files November 29, 2011 at 9:37 am

I’m so bummed to hear about no more exercise tv on demand! I didn’t use it that much but it was definitely very convenient for days that I didn’t feel like going to the gym or for a run!
Chelcie of Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..While I was home I..

13 Melissa November 29, 2011 at 9:37 am

Noooooooo! I love exercise TV. Very sad if this is true. I’ve purchased a lot of videos that I first tried on demand. Bummer. :(

I love the bows on the Lexus cars. They’ve been around for so long–it makes me a little nostalgic.
Melissa recently posted..Panic & Pumpkin Bread

14 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! November 29, 2011 at 9:49 am

aww i never used on demand for that BUT i know you liked it and know a lot of other people that do too! that stinks!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Pumpkin Bars With Cream Cheese Frosting & Xmas Decor

15 Cat @Breakfast to Bed November 29, 2011 at 10:15 am

I don’t have exercisetv on demand, but I do love the coke bear commercials.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Dips for My Honey Dip.

16 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles November 29, 2011 at 10:16 am

Bummer! I hate when things like this are discontinued— just like a nail polish or lip gloss. :(
I’m sure they’ll come up with some kind of middle ground for everyone! Fingers crossed!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..How the heck do I use pumpkin butter?

17 Kerry @ Half Healthy, Half Nuts November 29, 2011 at 10:20 am

I will GLADLY sign any petition to get Exercise TV back On Demand. I love it so much. There’s always a “go to” workout on there that you can do even when you’re not feeling up for a workout. I am so bummed! I wonder what happened?? December 5th is so soon too. I will be sure to get in as many Cindy Whitmarsh workouts as I can before then!! (I wonder if I could DVR them? Eh, probably not.)
Kerry @ Half Healthy, Half Nuts recently posted..The Cruise – Days 6 and 7 – At Sea and Bahamas

18 Dana November 29, 2011 at 10:23 am

I used to use ExersiseTV all the time! It was my primary form of exercise before i joined a gym. Even now I love knowing its there whenever Im too cold/lazy to venture to the gym. Im so sad they are getting rid of it!

19 Ruthie Hart November 29, 2011 at 10:31 am

Hahah my husband cannot stand the Target lady! He CRINGES!

20 Mollie November 29, 2011 at 10:46 am

I tried the dark choc almonds and peanut butter nut mix a couple weeks ago in the same brand! Soooo good!! you have to try those next!
Mollie recently posted..Happy (Late)Thanksgiving!!

21 susan November 29, 2011 at 10:52 am

I didn’t hear that bad, bad news..When I don’t hit the gym exercise tv is the best..So much to choose from depending on my mood…

22 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn November 29, 2011 at 10:52 am

First of all — NOT a fan. OnDemand is a freaking lifesaver! And the Target lady is my soul sister. I’m pretty sure we were separated at birth.

23 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 29, 2011 at 10:54 am

Ah, that sucks! I definitely use those On Demand workouts every now & then! They’re perfect in the winter when I don’t feel like going to the gym!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..All Good Things…

24 Tina November 29, 2011 at 10:59 am

Oh no, I’m pretty upset about exercise tv closing down. I used their free videos pretty often. I guess I will have to hit up the library now.
Tina recently posted..Feeling a little hopeless

25 Jessica @ The Process of Healing November 29, 2011 at 11:00 am

Amen sister. I’m a waitress and I work more at this time of year than any other, most often only having one day off. I hate it sometimes buuuuut I don’t hate when I end up with lots of moolah!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Facebook Fan Page

26 Kate November 29, 2011 at 11:03 am

NO! This is so depressing, I LOVE Exercise TV OnDemand!

27 Liz @ Tip Top Shape November 29, 2011 at 11:13 am

I 100% love the Target lady. My friends all joke that I am going to be her in ten years, lol.
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..A Radish To Remember

28 Shanna, like Banana November 29, 2011 at 11:20 am

I did start a bit of my xmas list by taking advantage of cyber Monday ;) Still a lot to go. I’d really love to use Sawyer as my gift to everyone though =P

Oh as for the PBCo Cinn Raisin — I was totally surprised by the grainy texture at first too, but then I really ended up loving it! The Might Maple can be that way, but it also seems to come with more oil.
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..Shoes-Day! Italian boots repeat

29 Khushboo November 29, 2011 at 11:25 am

Thanks for that video- the Christmas spirit in Mumbai is close to zilch so it really made me smile!
Khushboo recently posted..How to look toned in less than an hour

30 JN November 29, 2011 at 11:30 am

I just started using ExerciseTV in the past few months and am so sad it’s going away. Supposedly, some of their videos will be available on iTunes and Amazon. If you can stream to your TV, I guess you could rent them and watch them that way. But it won’t be free anymore. :(

I love the Target lady – in fact, I think she was at the Clifton Park Target Friday morning. (j/k) There was an employee all pumped up, flexing her muscles, while bragging about the shopping she got done on her 15 minute break. It was funny and a great way to start my holiday shopping.

31 Marisa E November 29, 2011 at 11:39 am

Have you seen Crazy Target Lady “Paperboy”???? I seriously peed in my pants a little with that one!!

32 Renee November 29, 2011 at 11:52 am

You Just Broke my heart about ExerciseTV- it has been working on and off this month I wondered about it! How am I going to get in my quick 10 minute work outs now :(

Also PS I love your watch I can see in the photo above :) Thanks again for working with us!

33 alex November 29, 2011 at 12:02 pm

WHAT!?!! no more exercise TV?? I think this is such a great resource for people! I’ll totally sign that petition! :)
alex recently posted..Cranberry Bliss Bars

34 Marykate Sinnott November 29, 2011 at 12:39 pm

Looooove those Emerald Nuts! I don’t think I can even buy them anymore! :$
Marykate Sinnott recently posted..Halloween

35 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 29, 2011 at 12:39 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! I love my on demand as well! What the heck!!

And I love that new commercial. It. Is. Awesome.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..cranberry chocolate oatmeal

36 Kristin November 29, 2011 at 12:58 pm

I can’t believe they are getting rid of OnDemand! It has become my savior. If I don’t feel like going to the gym I know I can pick a good workout from that! I recently just discovered the bible workouts ondemand and its a killer leg workout. I’m going to be so sad when it goes away!

37 Allison November 29, 2011 at 1:20 pm

I will gladly sign that petition. My exercise TV actually went away Nov 1. So so sad! I thought it was crazy mine were gone but you were still using them.

38 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss November 29, 2011 at 1:22 pm

haahaa THAT is my favorite crazy Target lady commerical.

I’d also by lying if I told you my friend didn’t tell me I’m a dead ringer for her and need to be the crazy Target lady for next Halloween.

…I’m considering it.
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..Around It Goes Vintage Giveaway

39 Courtney November 29, 2011 at 10:04 pm

OMG – you NEED to be her for Halloween next year. I could TOTALLY see that!!!! LOL!! :0D

40 Mac November 29, 2011 at 1:25 pm

OMG that is the funniest one I have seen yet!
Mac recently posted..Turkey Day

41 Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life November 29, 2011 at 1:40 pm

I love the Target Christmas commercials! They make me nervous, though, because I have NONE of my shopping done :-(

The On Demand thing stinks! Hopefully you can find some good DVDs to keep you occupied!
Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life recently posted..Soup and a SNOW Day

42 Erica November 29, 2011 at 1:57 pm

i’ve used exercise on demand a few times…it comes in handy when i don’t want to leave the house!

my favorite holiday commercials lately have been the kmart and marshall’s ones.

YES! i’m about 1/2 way done with shopping!!!
Erica recently posted..the holidays are here!

43 Kris | iheartwellness.com November 29, 2011 at 3:08 pm

Hey Doll!!!! Your breakfast looks killer!!! I could eat nuts all day long if my body liked them as much as my mouth!!! ;)

I have NOT started shopping…EEKKKK!!!!!

I always love the coke commercials, but will never touch a coke, go figure ;)

xxoo
Kris | iheartwellness.com recently posted..How To Agree on a Tree Date…

44 Lindsay November 29, 2011 at 3:17 pm

I am devastated!! I use ExerciseTV all the time! Please start a petition. I’ll sign a bunch of my friends’ and family members’ names too…they won’t mind. :)

45 Katie @ Plates and Paste November 29, 2011 at 4:09 pm

That Target lady totally cracks me up too! Her facial expressions are just priceless.

46 Shannon November 29, 2011 at 4:57 pm

1. I don’t have cable. :(
2. I LOVE the Target Holiday commercials with the Crazy Target Lady. They are the best, aside from the sweet Wells Fargo Christmas ad they do every year. I do like the Marie Callender’s/Reddi Whip ads with the kids moving to the adult table, only to see their favorite thing at the kids’ table.
3. My family is all set with presents this year!
Shannon recently posted..Riots, Shopping and Yummy Bisque

47 Maria@La_Piattini November 29, 2011 at 5:44 pm

Oh man, that is a real bummer. Whenever I don’t feel like making the drive to the gym or just trying something different I always used Exercise On Demand. I’ll def sign that petition if you start it ;)
Maria@La_Piattini recently posted..A Strap Around Her Ankle

48 Haley B November 29, 2011 at 7:10 pm

I love the Target lady!
In addition to the Hershey kiss jingle bell commercial (my fave), I also love the Campbell’s soup commercial where the snowman comes inside, eats the soup and when he melts he’s a little boy. I don’t know why. lol. Everytime it’s cold outside and I go somewhere really warm I always say I feel like I’m melting like the Campbell’s soup snowman.

49 Courtney November 29, 2011 at 9:58 pm

YES! That Campbell’s commercial is definitely a favorite of mine, too. I can remember that from when I was little :)

50 Shari November 29, 2011 at 7:25 pm

That is the BEST EVER of all the Crazy Target Lady commercials. HGTV must have played it five times an hour during every episode of House Hunters this weekend, and I swear, I laughed every single time!
Shari recently posted..Sunshine for the Soul.

51 Nicole G. November 29, 2011 at 7:30 pm

I live in Utica and they got rid of our Exercise on demand about 2 or 3 months ago on Time Warner. I was devastated because when I first really started working out about 3 years ago that is what I did day in and out-and I tried out so many workouts on there before buying the DVD’s (Jillian Michaels,Jackie Warner). That was also my main source of yoga-can you tell I am still very sad?

52 Courtney November 29, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Oh wow, really? I didn’t realize it was already gone in some places?!? So, so sad :(

53 Shana November 29, 2011 at 8:17 pm

WHAT??!?!?!?!?!?! NO MORE ON DEMAND?!?!?!?!?! WHERE IS THE PETITION??????? I’ll Sign it!!!! This is so sad! It’s also bad business because I’ve purchased DVDs specifically from Exercise TV based on workouts that I tried On Demand. Seriously, if there’s a petition, I’ll sign!
Shana recently posted..Here comes Santa Claus…..

54 Morgan November 29, 2011 at 8:47 pm

1. I love the “Crazy Target Lady”, i swear that women is just like my mother.
2. i though you would like this coffee recipe i got from the Tone It Up program. IT is SO SERIOUSLY DELISH! and the perfect am pre work out treat.
6oz coffee (for me the stronger the better)
1/4 cup almond or soy milk
1 heaping tbps of Hershey Special Dark Cocoa
i shake of cinnamon
1 packet of stevia (2 if you like it extra sweet)

I love it so much and i think it is a great treat for folks who work out in the am and love their COFFEE :)

xoxox

Happy Holidays, your cookies look amaze by the way…. and now i am craving sugar!

55 Courtney November 29, 2011 at 9:50 pm

Morgan, that sounds delicious! Thanks so much for sharing :)

56 Michelle November 29, 2011 at 9:06 pm

Ahhh, no!! I’ve never had Exercise TV, but after reading your blog, I was considering asking my parents about maybe getting it as a Christmas gift to me… or just waiting and getting it once I’m out on my own! Guess not anymore :-(

57 Alicia F. November 29, 2011 at 9:35 pm

NO more Exercise TV??..Worse news EVER! :-( But thanks for the notification. I’ve totally become a Exercise TV junkie since I’m preggers and don’t make the drive to the gym on base anymore. I’m super bummed, but I guess I will just have to explore other great at-home exercise options. Thanks for the heads up again!
Alicia F. recently posted..THANKSgiving!

58 Shelly @ Cake is a Food Group November 30, 2011 at 1:14 pm

I love Exercise TV! I’m really bummed to hear about it. I usually used the website version. It does look like their stuff will still be available on iTunes and Amazon. I wonder if they will have anything free though? Thanks for letting me know the sad news!
Shelly @ Cake is a Food Group recently posted..Debbie Downer Looking Forward to Sunshine

59 DeathofaDame December 2, 2011 at 8:18 am

If you start a petition I will def sign it. I LOVE the channel and am so sad about this

60 DM December 6, 2011 at 2:17 pm

I just learned today the news of Exercise TV shutting down, and I am extremely upset to see it go. Just by chance, I visited their website, and saw the letter stating it’ll shut down 12/31. I have been regularly utilizing the channel for years, and found it to be very useful and convenient for someone who doesn’t have time to run to the gym. I have purchased numerous videos and dvd’s from other sources over the past 20 years, yet still chose to use the workouts on Exercise TV. I thoroughly enjoyed the variety of workouts, as well as the trainers and the motivation provided. Definitely not happy moving forward into 2012. I want my Exercise TV!!!!!