Ultimate Christmas Treats Recipe Round Up

by Courtney on November 29, 2011

I’ve received numerous requests over the past couple of weeks for a compilation of Christmas baked goods. I put together a mini round up last year, which you can see here.

This year, I put together a mix of some old favorites in addition to some of my more recent favorites.Believe it or not, it’s about that time to start the holiday baking, so hopefully this will give you some ideas for your next baking adventure!

Cookies

Crackled Sugar Cookies

Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies

Christmas Sugar Cookie Cut-Outs (<—use this recipe & top with store-bought icing)

White Chocolate Cherry Shortbread Cookies

Vanilla Glazed Cranberry Apple Cookies

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with Almond Buttercream Frosting

Mexican Wedding Cookies

Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies

Cookie Bars

Brownie-Cookie-Toffee Layer Bars

Butterscotch Blondies with Chocolate Glaze

Chocolate Raspberry Bars

Pumpkin Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

Other Goodies

Dark Chocolate Turtle Graham Bars

Oreo Truffles

Happy Baking! Smile

**Feel free to link up any other of your favorite cookie recipes that you’d like to share in the comments section below!**

1 jen November 29, 2011 at 1:16 pm

so…whens that cookie party? ;-)
jen recently posted..What I’m Loving Lately – Food Edition

2 Courtney November 29, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Haha, I don’t know?!? It doesn’t sound like it’s happening.

3 jen November 29, 2011 at 5:30 pm

Sadness!! :-(
jen recently posted..What I’m Loving Lately – Food Edition

4 Hope November 29, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Wow! All of these treats look amazing! I am totally making some of these this year! I cannot wait :)
Hope recently posted..My End Of November Favorites…

5 Kelly @ Not So Rocky Road November 29, 2011 at 1:23 pm

What is your favorite store bought icing to use on sugar cookies?

6 Courtney November 29, 2011 at 2:54 pm

I LOVE the Betty Crocker Cookie Icing – it fills in the gaps and hardens to look smooth like in the pictures above. It’s great!

7 Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life November 29, 2011 at 1:38 pm

As if I needed any more reasons to indulge! :-)

They all look deee-lish!
Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life recently posted..Soup and a SNOW Day

8 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles November 29, 2011 at 1:39 pm

It’s sugar cookie time!! :) Heck to the yes!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..How the heck do I use pumpkin butter?

9 Amanda @ Semi-Health Nut November 29, 2011 at 1:48 pm

My mouth is watering! I love me some holiday sweets! Those cookie drops look good…are those the ones that you put a cookie in a cupcake? Or just bake the cookie in a muffin tin?

Cookies are my favorite and I recently made some Pumpkin Spiced and Sprinkled Cookies that were very holiday-ey. http://www.semihealthnut.blogspot.com/2011/11/semi-healthy-pumpkin-spiced-and.html

Also made some yummy Sugar and Spice and Everything Awesome cookies http://www.semihealthnut.blogspot.com/2011/11/sugar-and-spice-and-everything-awesome.html

Another crowd pleaser is Lemon Doodle Cookies (this post has a link to even MORE cookies) http://semihealthnut.blogspot.com/2011/10/i-heart-cookies-lemon-doodles.html

Thanks for sharing this recipe round-up!

This page is getting bookmarked for sure! :-)
Amanda @ Semi-Health Nut recently posted..Thanksgiving 2011 Baking and Family Time

10 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile November 29, 2011 at 1:52 pm

This probably isn’t the best thing to look at while hungry! haha :D Everything here looks amazing. I can’t wait to get baking for the holiday’s!!

11 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries November 29, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Can I come over for dessert? :)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..FOMO: Fear of Missing Out

12 Courtney November 29, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Anytime, girlfriend.
You bringin’ the wine? ;)

13 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries November 30, 2011 at 7:33 am

Will I bring the wine? Ha! Is the Pope Catholic?

…Yeah. I’ll bring the wine :)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..DOHmestic

14 Courtney November 30, 2011 at 9:35 am

LOL!!!
I <3 you Colleen :)

15 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries November 30, 2011 at 10:44 am

The feeling is so mutual! xo :)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..DOHmestic

16 Ruthie Hart November 29, 2011 at 2:07 pm

YUM-O!! Need I say more?!
Ruthie Hart recently posted..Felt bow tutorial

17 Brandi November 29, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Holy moly! I can’t wait to try some of these…:) They all look so pretty….How in the world do you get your oreo truffles to come out so perfect!?

18 Courtney November 29, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Hmmm, I don’t know? Haha…I just roll them in crushed Oreos!

19 Liz @ Tip Top Shape November 29, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Oh my word, I want to eat pretty much all of these!! I am currently obsessed with these White Chocolate Peanut Butter cookies. They will be gifted to many family members :D

Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..A Radish To Remember

20 Courtney November 29, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Okay, I definitely just pinned these on Pinterest. Yumm!!!

21 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 29, 2011 at 3:00 pm

Aaand now I’m drooling! I might have to make the Nutella cookies this weekend!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..All Good Things…

22 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen November 29, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Bookmarked! I want those chocolate chip cups with almond buttercream frosting right now!
I made cranberry chocolate chip cookies earlier this week that might be making multiple appearances this holiday season, haven’t posted the recipe yet though!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Pomegranate orange scones

23 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! November 29, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Oreo Truffles! Courtney you are so talented!! :)
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Pumpkin Bars With Cream Cheese Frosting & Xmas Decor

24 Andrea (Run. Learn. Repeat.) November 29, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Those all look amazing! I bet you have some happy neighbors at Christmastime!
Andrea (Run. Learn. Repeat.) recently posted..If you crave a food, should you eat it?

25 Chelcie of Chelcie's Food Files November 29, 2011 at 3:51 pm

I need to try those chocolate raspberry bars! They will definitely be a part of my christmas cookie platter this year!
Chelcie of Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake for Sonny’s Birthday!

26 Courtney November 29, 2011 at 3:52 pm

I haven’t visited your blog in awhile and Im soo glad today is the day I did!!! The Nutella Chocolate Cookies and Chocolate Chip Cups with Almond Frosting are getting added to my list of cookies to make this year! Thank You!

27 Marty November 29, 2011 at 4:22 pm

My favorite cookie recipe is “White Chocolate Almond Oatmeal Cookies”
I used a recipe I found online and had to sub out ingredients because I didn’t have them and the results were amazing. I’ve now made them at least a dozen times for different occasions. Although I would choose dark chocolate over white any day of the week, these are my weakness!!
Marty recently posted..Grilled Hawaiian Sandwich

28 Courtney November 29, 2011 at 10:01 pm

Wow, they definitely do sound delicious!

29 Shannon November 29, 2011 at 5:01 pm

You’re torturing me with these pictures! They all look so good. I am definitely emailing my mother the link to this post, and we’ll do some serious baking for Christmas.

SN- I printed your Turkey & Veggie Soup and guess what?!? We’re having that for dinner sometime next week (probably Monday night)! EEEeeeeeeeeekkk. (Sorry- it looked so good). Thank you for sharing. I’ll let you know how much my family liked it.
Shannon recently posted..Riots, Shopping and Yummy Bisque

30 Chels R. November 29, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Oh my word those look yummy! I will definitely be adding some of those to my treats list! :)
Chels R. recently posted..Beast mode.

31 Molly@hungryhungryrunner.com November 29, 2011 at 5:38 pm

Oh. My. God.

I think I gained 20 pounds just from reading this post! ;) I’m loving all of these recipes and am going to have to add a few to my baking list for this holiday season. Thanks for sharing!
Molly@hungryhungryrunner.com recently posted..November Foodie Pen Pals

32 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn November 29, 2011 at 6:32 pm

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE CUPS. Happening. #frostingisthebestpart

33 Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 29, 2011 at 6:40 pm

Yummm!! Those all look incredible! I’m so excited to start getting some baked goods in the mail, from the cookie swap!

A recipe I made not too long ago was this one for peanut butter cookies. I give all the credit to Jessica from “How Sweet it is.” It’s completely her recipe, and I love her for sharing it! :)

Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup

34 Courtney November 29, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Those look FANTASTIC!!!

35 dee November 29, 2011 at 6:43 pm

I LOVE THIS POST!! I cannot waaaait to make them ALL. I’m even willing to take another stab at the Mexican wedding cookies (since my first attempt was such a fail!) :) I (and everyone else who knows me!) will have cookie thighs to keep warm this winter..THANK YOU!!

36 Courtney November 29, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Cookie thighs! LOL :)

37 Corrie Anne November 29, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Holiday baking is the best!!!!!!!! I made my Grandma’s Coconut Cream Rounds last weekend. They were the best! http://corrieanne.com/2011/11/25/cookie-friday-coconut-cream-rounds/
Corrie Anne recently posted..Running for Turkey: One of the Craziest Things My Family Has Ever Done

38 Courtney November 29, 2011 at 9:58 pm

oooo, they sound awesome!

39 Val November 29, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Wow! Those all look amazing! I’ll be sure to try some of these over the holidays! I’m thinking of doing a little 12 days of Christmas goodies starting on Dec. 1st! I think I might steal a recipe or two from here! they all look soo yummy!
Val recently posted..Fave Beauty Buys!

40 Amanda @ Fashionably Plate November 29, 2011 at 8:35 pm

I love your dark chocolate graham bars! I made them last year for Christmas, but instead of pecans I used chopped up pretzels. They turned out to be everyone’s favorite!
Amanda @ Fashionably Plate recently posted..The Blackest of Fridays.

41 Courtney November 29, 2011 at 9:51 pm

That is SUCH a good idea – I think I may have to try that this year! ;)

42 Charlie November 29, 2011 at 9:09 pm

I reaaallyyyy want to make your glazed apple cookies! They look sooo good!! :)

My favorite christmas cookies are my Candy Cane Kisses Chocolate Cookies (http://sweetsaltyspicy.net/2010/11/is-it-christmas-yet-candy-cane-kisses-chocolate-cookies.html)
Yummy ;)
Charlie recently posted..Mix & Match Sweet Cinnamon Pear Chips

43 Courtney November 29, 2011 at 9:50 pm

They look awesome!!

44 Michelle November 29, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Yum!! I don’t usually make sugar cookies, but those crackled sugar cookies might just make an appearance at my house this year!

45 Lena @Fit on the Rocks November 29, 2011 at 9:17 pm

I’ve tried something very similar to those Oreo truffles, and they were soooooo good. I’m going to try your recipe and see if it’s similar. Either way, I’m sure it’s going to taste awesome!
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..A Green Fine Day

46 Laura@mypurposefullife November 29, 2011 at 10:39 pm

These all look so good! I do not even know where to start as far as baking them. All of them? ;) As usual, thanks for sharing your fabulous dessert recipes. I hope your busy week is going well! I love your little reminder to yourself that more hours=more Christmas money. Ever since you mentioned that yesterday, I am keeping that in my mind too! :)
Laura@mypurposefullife recently posted..Staying Healthy on Vacation Part 2

47 esmemerrie November 30, 2011 at 1:05 am

Okay that’s not even fair!! Too many choices! You’re going to make me the hero of my church’s young adults annual cookie exchange! That is, if I decide which type of cookie to make in time to make it to the party! ;)
esmemerrie recently posted..One of the Lucky Ones