Funny Gifts

by Courtney on November 30, 2011

Okay, my hunger is out of control today. I have no idea what the deal is but I want everything and anything in sight. I’m starting to get the feeling that the food that I packed for myself today just isn’t going to cut it…

Lemon Chobani + raspberries – not exactly a last-day-of-November kinda combo, but I’ll take it.

Carrots + celery and hommus – always a favorite of mine.

Half a baked sweet potato topped with more turkey chili. Sorry…definitely not the most pleasant of foods to look at, especially when cold.

Yikes. Hopefully I can get my hands on something else while I’m here at work. Otherwise, tonight’s Modern Family viewing may be a snack-filled one! :)
Okay, let’s move on from that and get to some fun stuff!

So earlier today, I ended up browsing around a bit on the internet looking for holiday gifts and came across a few fun items that totally had me laughing. One of the sites that I spent a ton of time on was Taylor Gifts, which a came across for the first time a few days ago. This site seriously has some great stuff!

Some of the items that I think would be fun to buy…

First, the Holiday Car Costume.

clip_image001

Seriously, how corny and funny is that? I’d totally rock out with antlers on my car, wouldn’t you?

This Sunny Seat Cat Bed.

clip_image002

Cody is always trying to get up in the windows but unfortunately, our window sills just aren’t big enough for him.

clip_image003

This would be perfect! I’d just be afraid that he might be too heavy…

clip_image004

Then, there was this one…

clip_image005

The CitiKitty Cat Toilet. I kid you not. I don’t know…do you think we could do it? clip_image007

I immediately fell in love with this Inflatable Pool Bar.

clip_image008

I think that would work pretty well with our floating bobber cooler we used this summer, don’t you?

****

Questions for the Afternoon:

Will you be buying any funny/gag gifts for anyone this year?

Have you ever received a funny gag gift? What was it?

1 Jenny November 30, 2011 at 2:33 pm

We do a Secret Santa with my gf every year and there’s nothing better than a NY Firefighters Calendar. Or a JTT calendar. Whoever you fancy ;)
also – random ? but how the heck do you spell hummus? hummos? I can never figure it out!
Jenny recently posted..Jump Start Your Morning

2 Courtney December 1, 2011 at 11:22 am

LOL I wonder the same thing ALL the time! I just go by however the current brand spells it on their packaging ;)

3 Jenny November 30, 2011 at 2:33 pm

We do a Secret Santa with my gfs every year and there’s nothing better than a NY Firefighters Calendar. Or a JTT calendar. Whoever you fancy ;)
Jenny recently posted..Jump Start Your Morning

4 Hope November 30, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Those gifts are great! Haha! I love the inflatable pool bar! I’ve never recieved a funny gift like this. I think it would be fun though :)
Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: Let’s Talk Hors D’oeuvres…

5 Kris | iheartwellness.com November 30, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Hahahah!!! The cat toilet thing reminds me if jinxy cat, jinxy cat, I love you….LOL!!!!!! I can’t stop chuckling!!!

Have a great day, doll!!
xxoo
Kris | iheartwellness.com recently posted..Surprise Party Cookies

6 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers November 30, 2011 at 2:38 pm

I’m a huge fan of getting people gifts that they wouldn’t normally get themselves. I think the inflatable pool bar could just find itself underneath my beau’s parents’ tree!!
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Orange You Glad It’s Freezing Out?

7 Courtney December 1, 2011 at 11:21 am

Doooooo ittttt ;)

8 Trainer Kjirsten @ Balanced Healthy Life November 30, 2011 at 2:46 pm

My family always gives someone a gag gift and you never know who will be getting it! We always have some good laughs!

I love those raindeer antlers! I’ve seen them on cars before and they always get me smiling!!!

9 Katie November 30, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Oh my word! I saw a car driving around town just the other day wearing that “costume”. Too funny ;)
Katie recently posted..Back to the Gym

10 erica November 30, 2011 at 2:53 pm

i don’t think they were meant to be gag gifts, but a co-worker always gave the strangest of gifts, where you were actually scared to open it because you had no clue what it would be and you were usually left thinking “what do i do with this and why, WHY did she get this for me?!?!” but lately, she’s gotten more practical…lol.
erica recently posted..the holidays are here!

11 jen November 30, 2011 at 3:20 pm

if I could get cedric to use the toilet, that would be awesome, because cleaning the catbox is my least favorite chore, ever. ew.
jen recently posted..What I’m Loving Lately – Food Edition

12 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles November 30, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Awesome gifts for Cody! :) ….I think my cats need those too. We got the cat special litterbox as an anniversary gift. Total flop. —-Oh well, it was funny! :)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Blessings <3

13 Kim November 30, 2011 at 3:29 pm

bahaha, I think my cat would break that window seat. He’s bigger than Cody! And as for the city kitty thing…I read online once (no clue why I was reading about this) that some cats don’t like it, and then un-learn to use the litter box, and don’t use the toilet, and then you’re just…screwed. Eek!

14 Sarah November 30, 2011 at 3:39 pm

My brother has the CiitiKitty Cat toilet for his 3 cats and says they had no trouble learning to use it. I know his wife loves it b/c there is no more litter box!

15 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries November 30, 2011 at 4:01 pm

I’ve seen this spray called Poo-pouri. You spray it in the toilet before you, you know, and nothing smells! I think that’d be a hilarious gift! The card could say something like “For someone who thinks their shit doesn’t stink..” ;)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..DOHmestic

16 Courtney December 1, 2011 at 11:21 am

LOL!!

17 Mary @ Bites and Bliss November 30, 2011 at 4:05 pm

My cat would LOVE that kitty window! That’s actually not a bad idea!
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..The New Meat?

18 Katie @ Plates and Paste November 30, 2011 at 4:19 pm

I stumbled across this today: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001FYZZI2/ref=as_li_tf_til?tag=tayloreasonco-20&camp=0&creative=0&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=B001FYZZI2&adid=07SXT64D0Y3NF74TDHNF

Pretty hiliarious, but I seriously want it :)
Katie @ Plates and Paste recently posted..Thankful

19 Cara @ EAT.PRAY.RUN. November 30, 2011 at 4:23 pm

That floating pool bar reminds me of college — for obvious reasons!

You aren’t the only one having a ravenous appetite kinda day, i’m the same and my packed lunch looks similar so I may have to go grab something a bit more substantial!
Cara @ EAT.PRAY.RUN. recently posted..Healthified and Raceified

20 Courtney December 1, 2011 at 11:20 am

Hahaha, so true! :)

21 Shannon November 30, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Ha. My brother and I watched Shark Tank and the City Kitty inventor was on there! It was hilarious to watch. I wonder when that returns. Some of the products people make are so ridiculous but once in a while you see something awesome.

My cousin bought something like that Inflatable Pool Bar at the Christmas Tree Shops- she is under 21; but she told us that they (her & my other cousins who live up north) usually go down to Schroon River in the summer and hang out there all day long. It’d be good to keep Pepsi’s and stuff cold.
Shannon recently posted..Good, cheap gifts for the people you may know

22 Liz @ Tip Top Shape November 30, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Ha, I totally want to get my car a holiday costume now!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..A Radish To Remember

23 Clare @ SweetnSimple November 30, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Too funny.. my cat does exactly the same! And that holiday car costume is way too cute, ohh I’d love to get it for my Dad :)

24 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn November 30, 2011 at 5:58 pm

AHHAHAHAHA. Das all I have to say about that.
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..What I Like to Eat Wednesday

25 Ashley November 30, 2011 at 6:02 pm

I actually have the window cat bed!! The one I have is called the Kitty Cot (http://www.kittycot.com/), and my cat LOVES it. She sits in there practically all day long. I highly recommend it =)

26 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine November 30, 2011 at 6:45 pm

I gave my Dad a Barbie one year for Christmas – it was pretty hilarious! I am loving that cooler.
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Caramel Apple Crumble Bars

27 Corrie Anne November 30, 2011 at 6:52 pm

How hilarious! I love the car costume especially!!!!!!!
Corrie Anne recently posted..New Holiday Recipes + Thanksgiving with the Kreisels!

28 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health November 30, 2011 at 7:38 pm

Haha I love getting gag gifts for a gift exchange that we do with my family where you draw numbers and pick gifts from the pile and then you can steal them from other people if you don’t like yours. I’ve actually heard of people training their cats to use those toilet things! Now if only we could make sure they flushed when they were done ;)
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..30 Minute Strength Workout

29 Chelcie of Chelcie's Food Files November 30, 2011 at 7:48 pm

those gifts are hilarious! Funny gifts are always the best to give!
Chelcie of Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..Mediterranean Quinoa Salad

30 Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 30, 2011 at 9:08 pm

We’re planning on getting my husband’s 85 year old grandmother a book of dirty jokes. ;) Nope, I’m not kidding. This woman is a hoot. She drives her red Mustang to go volunteer at a local hospital three times a week, she drinks a daily martini, and she loves inappropriate humor. Hilarious!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..What I ate for Thanksgiving: Our Family’s Noodle Recipe

31 Courtney December 1, 2011 at 11:17 am

That is GREAT! Grandma’s can be so funny sometimes, can’t they?

32 megan @ foodie cycles November 30, 2011 at 9:21 pm

YUMMMM.. sweet potato covered chili.. great idea- almost as genius as that sunny seat! but yes- the cat has to be about 3 pounds.. I’ve got to tell my parents about that one! Funny stuff :)

33 meg November 30, 2011 at 9:28 pm

I saw someone driving around with that car costume! I thought it looked pretty ridiculous! I sure hope I get to buy funny gag gifts this year, so fun to pick out the goofiest things I can find.
meg recently posted..Unplugged

34 Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life November 30, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Ha! The cat on the potty is hilarious. In all seriousness, I would love to get the Pool Bar “gag” gift!
Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life recently posted..Facebook Faux Pas

35 Krissie J November 30, 2011 at 10:43 pm

Our friend puts the reindeer decorations on his truck every year. He LOVES Christmas to ridiculous proportions.
Krissie J recently posted..Avocado Hummus

36 Khushboo November 30, 2011 at 11:33 pm

We did Secret Santa at work last year and there’s this one guy who wears A LOT of gel in his hair..nonetheless his Secret Santa gifted him the HUGEST bottle of gel, probably lasted him the whole year…we all got a good kick out of it!
Khushboo recently posted..How to look toned in less than an hour

37 dee December 1, 2011 at 12:15 am

I don’t know if you’ve seen commercials for the Forever Lazy, but I think that, coupled with the imfamous Clapper, would make the ultimate couch potatoe gift.

A few years ago, I received a glow in the dark dinosaur onesie. Yes..footed pajamas..the ones that so many of us wore as young chitterlings..the ones that force you to strip down to your down undies to use the restroom. Haha, I’m a 20-somethin’ and every december, I still pull that baby out. THEY ARE SO COMFY! Babies have it MADE (seeing that onsies are typically their outfit of choice). But fear not! The “forever lazy” is the new adult onesie! And there’s no need to strip down and freeze for the restroom! There’s a zippered back portion! Haha!! But if anyone is looking to find a traditional onesie, try target! :)

38 Courtney December 1, 2011 at 11:16 am

OMG yes!! I want the Forever Lazy, no lie :)

39 Socal Rachel December 1, 2011 at 2:15 am

Yes you can train a cat to use a toilet, you can learn about it online. I tried with my cats, but I think one was to smart for his own good.
Socal Rachel recently posted..Cranky New Years Eve in Barcelona

40 Amy @ A Little Nosh December 1, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Ooh, I love the idea of savory chili on a sweet potato!
Amy @ A Little Nosh recently posted..Tastetastic Thursday #11 (and a review)

41 Annie December 2, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Oh my god, my little morkie would LOVE that window seat gift! PERFECT!!!