Trader Joe’s Coming My Way??

by Courtney on December 1, 2011

This morning, I ended up receiving two text messages, both before 8:00am. Now typically when I hear my phone go off that early in the morning, I assume one of two things:

• My mom found something on QVC and she wants me to turn on the channel
  • Jay is completely fed up with whatever traffic he has hit on his way to work (or, like in yesterday’s case, how mad he was that he forgot his coffee at home) and needs to vent about it (I’m here for ya, honey)

The first text message came from mom, but it had nothing to do with QVC…

TRADER JOE’S?!? Was she KIDDING ME???

Then, a few minutes later, my phone went off again…but this time, it was my bestie, Heather.

Can I just say how much I love the fact that these two know me so well? Smile

Besides that, I’m trying not to get my hopes up for a Trader Joe’s in our area *too much.* There’s been rumors of it coming around the Albany area for a while now, but nothing has ever come of it. I will say, however, that if it DOES come to our area, then I better get another job…

*****

Workout

Would you believe that I nearly snoozed right through my BodyPump class this morning? I don’t know what got into me but before I knew it, I was looking at the clock, realizing that I only had about 20 minutes until class started…when it takes me 15 minutes to drive there.

Luckily, I booked it outta here in about 3 minutes flat and got there just in time. I upped my weights in a couple of the tracks today (squats & chest) so I got a great workout; unfortunately, our instructor is still using lame-o old releases where the music just really isn’t doin’ it for me so I wasn’t as “pumped” (haha) as usual. Apparently Release 80 is going to be launching in a couple of weeks so I’m definitely looking forward to that. From what I’ve read, it sounds like it’s going to be killer.

Breakfast

I was definitely in one of those moods today where nothing sounded appealing. Don’t you hate when that happens?

I ended up deciding to finish up the last of my large plain Chobani container, and mixed in about half of a sliced banana, Quaker Oatmeal Squares, Love Grown Foods granola, and a big scoop of cranberry sauce.

Yeah, I guess I lied about throwing away all of the Thanksgiving leftovers. But now they’re all officially gone. I promise. Smile

As usual, Cody was right there with me.

Sorry bud; no pancakes for you today.

I’ve got another long day of work ahead of me today, but hopefully I’ll be able to get some more studying done while I’m there. And hopefully I’ll be home before 9pm. Fingers crossed!

Questions for the Morning:

You get a text message at 7:00am – it must be from _______________ to tell/ask you ________________.

What is one thing that you think everyone close to you would all agree on about you?

1 Hope December 1, 2011 at 9:15 am

That is SO exciting! The closest TJ to me is like 25 minutes away. It would be nice if there was one closer. Although, it would be dangerous on my wallet. ;)

If I get a text message at 7am, it’s usually either from my sister or my fiance.
Hope recently posted..The Start Of A Beautiful Month…

2 jen December 1, 2011 at 9:15 am

i heard that too, it was on a TU blog yesterday about a potential space on wolf rd, the old office max building. trying not to get my hopes up too much!
jen recently posted..What I’m Loving Lately – Food Edition

3 Ashlee December 1, 2011 at 9:15 am

I read about Trader Joe’s in the Times Union this morning! I was a little excited and my husband said, but it will be in Albany. I told him that I did not care I would make the 45 minute trip every once in a while :)
You are right though, we don’t want to get our hopes up and then have it fall through or just be a rumor.

It someone is texting me at 7 am it is probably one of my supervisors at work asking for coffee when I come in.
Ashlee recently posted..Happy December!

4 Faith @ For the Health of It December 1, 2011 at 9:23 am

You’re so lucky! We don’t have any TJs in Florida. Discrimination, I tell ya!

If I get a text @ 7 am, it’s probably my boyfriend yammering about how tired he is and how much it sucks to be awake so early (no kidding, thanks for the wake-up call…)
Faith @ For the Health of It recently posted..Yellow Curry Tofu Wrap

5 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries December 1, 2011 at 9:23 am

I WISH I heard a rumor that TJ’s is coming out here to Utah… Love that store to pieces. I grew up in AZ and went to college in CA where there were Trader Joe’s all over the place. I guess I took it for granted. When I moved to Utah, I was SO bummed there weren’t any here. I hope the rumor you heard is true! ;)
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..How Did I Do?

6 Susan @ Happy Hippie December 1, 2011 at 9:25 am

Oh that would be so wonderful if they got a Trader Joe’s on Wolf Rd!!! That’s right where I live during the summers, so it would be perfect!

If I get a text at 7am it’s usually my sister telling me about some great new show she found and watched all through the night!
Susan @ Happy Hippie recently posted..The Wimp Complex

7 Morgan @ Life After Bagels December 1, 2011 at 9:27 am

when will they come to Canada?!?!?!?!?!?!

8 Courtney December 1, 2011 at 11:16 am

Awww, I didn’t realize they weren’t in Canada?!?

9 marci December 1, 2011 at 9:29 am

You may have noticed, but if not – your friends numbers are posted in those pics as the cb# – you may not care at all but just wanted to give you a heads up before any weirdos may have jotted it down :)

10 Courtney December 1, 2011 at 11:15 am

Thanks, Marci. I totally forgot to blur them out before hitting publish this morning, but they should be all set now. Thanks for the heads up!

11 katie Carso December 1, 2011 at 9:35 am

yay for trader joe’s coming your way!!!! We just got one here, and I was SO happy!
katie Carso recently posted..Starbucks-less no { more }

12 Ruthie Hart December 1, 2011 at 9:36 am

I’ve never been to Trader Joes!! Whole Foods is HQ’ed here in Austin and we also have Central Market and Sprouts.
Ruthie Hart recently posted..Fear

13 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! December 1, 2011 at 9:38 am

I wake up to texts a lot (around 7am) that are from my Alaska friends because they are 4 hours behind me so if they text me 8pm their time I was probably already asleep :) And it is usually my friend Melissa telling me something hilarious that happened that she had to share right then!

I think my friends and family would all agree that I talk a lot and am easily entertained :)
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..The Sports Bra I Love

14 Emily December 1, 2011 at 9:44 am

I’m trying not to get my hopes up either, but that would be SO EXCITING if its true. Oh well, for now I guess I’ll just have to get excited about the Shop Rite they’re putting in by my house hahaha
Emily recently posted..things I know at age 22

15 Sarah December 1, 2011 at 9:48 am

If i get a text @ 7am, it must be from my sister to tell me that Justin Bieber is in the area. Or my best friend to tell me that a Taylor Swift song is on the radio. OR, it could be my dad telling me that Obama lost the 2012 presidential election.

I would prefer the latter :) (yes over the Biebs)
If there’s something all my friends can agree on about me is that i am easily amused and eat as much as i talk. If you are my friend/family, you know that my mouth is open 24/7 for one of the above :)

16 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life December 1, 2011 at 9:52 am

If TJ’s comes to your area you’re going to be in trouble for sure. I tell myself tht I’m going there to purchase only a few things but always end up with a cart full of goodies.
The only texts I get that early are from my bf complaining about getting to work, too.
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes and Other Good Eats

17 Khushboo December 1, 2011 at 9:53 am

I heard Walmart is coming to Mumbai- Er can we trade for a Trader Joes?? Even Target would be more appealing!
Khushboo recently posted..Thursday tangents

18 J @ ... semplicemente j ... December 1, 2011 at 9:56 am

I would never get a text at 7:00 AM, as I would be the probably doing the texting :) … similar in nature if my friend C. gets a call at 7:30 AM everyone in her household knows it is me … I call her every morning at 7:30 … :) on my way to work!
J @ … semplicemente j … recently posted..… so many things to do … so little time …

19 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles December 1, 2011 at 9:56 am

You lucky duck! :) That would be awesome! …..I am hours and hours and hours away from one…….. If I get a text message before 7- it is usually my sister telling me to have a good day <3 I love her!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Blessings <3

20 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 1, 2011 at 9:56 am

That’s pretty exciting! My closest Trader Joe’s is about 40 minutes away, but it’s worth the trip!

I think everyone who knows me pretty well would say that I’m a neat freak! haha
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Holiday Gift Guide: For the Foodie

21 Jenn December 1, 2011 at 9:58 am

Love my Nashville Trader Joe’s! It always seems to small when you first walk in compared to the bigger, discount stores — but they have everything you need and it’s so fresh and delish. :)

And I second the comment about your Mom and friend’s phone numbers showing up in your pics — too many weirdos out there not to consider editing those out. ;)
Jenn recently posted..Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?

22 Courtney December 1, 2011 at 11:14 am

Ughhh, I know! I totally forgot to fix them before I hit publish this morning. They should be all set now though…thanks for the heads up!

23 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat December 1, 2011 at 10:00 am

I got similarly exciting news – the Bally’s near our new house is turning in to an LA Fitness – which I’m already a member of! I thought I’d have to drive 20+ minutes to my old gym but now I’ll have one in our backyard! We just a Trader Joe’s in that neighborhood too – amazing, but dangerous at the same time! :)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Lightened Up – Low Fat Pumpkin Spice Granola

24 Pamela December 1, 2011 at 10:07 am

I am excited because a Whole Foods is coming to my area! :)
Pamela recently posted..Jersey Girl

25 Lindsey December 1, 2011 at 10:09 am

That would be awesome! We don’t have TJs in Canada yet :(
7am text message from my Mom for sure. haha. Probably telling me she found some lost pet on her morning walk…
Everyone would agree that I am a major worry wart!
Lindsey recently posted..Christmas Music & Advent Calendar Time!

26 Kathryn December 1, 2011 at 10:14 am

Any text messages before 7 am are usually my Mom, too. She gets up super early, like between 4 and 5, so if she wants to talk to me, that’s when she does it. Doesn’t necessarily have to be about anything in particular, just means she wants to talk to me.

If there’s one thing my friends and family know about me, it’s that I LOVE QuikTrip or QT. It’s an awesome gas station. They’ve got amazing drink prices and all sorts of drinks you can customize. I was actually the one letting everyone know there was one being built just down the road, in walking distance. YAY!
Kathryn recently posted..Our First Tweet Up

27 Brigitt December 1, 2011 at 10:22 am

Since moving into the city, I now have TWO TJ’s within walking distance of my apt. It’s my favvvvorite store to shop at. I’m always pleasantly surprised with the prices, and I love their stuff. The downside? Sometimes you have to go to another store to get more variety of staples like spices, ect.

28 Corey @ Family Fresh Meals December 1, 2011 at 10:26 am

Yeah for Trader Joes!!!! I am so lucky I have one 30 minutes from my house. A little bit of a drive, but soooo worth it. TJ LOVE!
Corey @ Family Fresh Meals recently posted..Time to Vote!

29 Courtney December 1, 2011 at 11:13 am

I could totally deal with 30 minutes…it beats my current 2 hours! ;)

30 Mila @ loftyappetite December 1, 2011 at 10:26 am

My family’s in Rochester and I recently found an article about Trader Joe’s opening up there and mass emailed it to all my friends and family who always request I bring TJ items to restock them on my trips back upstate!! It’s about time upstate NY got some TJ lovin!!!
Mila @ loftyappetite recently posted..General Tso’s Chicken

31 Danielle December 1, 2011 at 10:30 am

Haha I just laughed out loud…I get the phone call often…check the today’s special value!!!! My bridal shower looked like a QVC showroom!

32 Courtney December 1, 2011 at 11:12 am

HAHAHA!! :)

33 Chelcie of Chelcie's Food Files December 1, 2011 at 10:38 am

I wish a trader joes was coming to my area! So jealous! Hopefully its not a rumor and actually happens..but I’m the same way with you if I had one near me I would need to find a job to afford my trader joes addiction!
Chelcie of Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..Thursday Throwback-Why Lentil Soup and Spain go hand in hand

34 Juju@get fit with juju December 1, 2011 at 10:43 am

I was on the same boat when they said tj’s were opening down the road from me. Then, after 8months, they finally did, and it was awesome…until I saw my credit card bill at the end of the month!
If I get a call/text at 7am it’s prb someone in my family leaving me a msg for something not important!! ;)
Juju@get fit with juju recently posted..Hubby’s Birthday/ Thanksgiving Feast

35 Lena @Fit on the Rocks December 1, 2011 at 10:52 am

Ahh luckily it’s true! They were supposed to be brining one to CO, but then the lot was apparently too small??? It was the site of a former department store, so I don’t know how much room they need, but they better haul butt out here!
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Linger for Awhile

36 Heather December 1, 2011 at 10:53 am

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM. i would cry tears of joy. [maybe. ;) ]
Heather recently posted..This is Happening

37 Courtney December 1, 2011 at 11:12 am

Me too ;)

38 Amanda December 1, 2011 at 11:03 am

Ahh first Rochester, now Albany?? What happened to Syracuse!! haha I’m jealous!

39 candice December 1, 2011 at 11:08 am

I wish a TJS was coming to the SLC.
I just released BP80 at my gym last night! Its tough, different and FUN! My favorites are the tri track and shoulders!
if I got a text at 7 am it would be either my husband or sisters

40 Lauren B. December 1, 2011 at 11:23 am

A 7 am text would be from my sister in FL, who always forgets that I am 3 hours behind her in CA!! DOH!

People would generally agree that I have nice teeth… I hear it all the time, which comes in handy being a dental hygienist! :)

41 Laura @ Backstage Pass December 1, 2011 at 11:37 am

TJ’s is a great store! Thankfully, the one in my town is just far enough away from my work / home that I only visit once in a while. Though it really isn’t priced too bad for regular grocery shopping!
Laura @ Backstage Pass recently posted..BodyPump puns + That song in the VS Holiday 2011 commercial

42 Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life December 1, 2011 at 11:38 am

Oh, if I could be so lucky to have a TJ’s within even an hour of where I live!

If I get a text early, it’s usually my husband. He can’t go an hour without calling me ;-)! J/k
Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life recently posted..Cheesy Portobello Chicken Soup

43 Sam @ Sam Bock Illustration & Design December 1, 2011 at 11:53 am

LOVE TJ’s. I miss having two superclose to me when I lived in Arizona!

Anyone who knows me, KNOWS I am obsessed with animals (pretty obvious from my personal illustration stuff). And not just a crazy dog-lady (guilty…). I stopped by a coworkers for a drink last night and they gave me an alligator print pint glass “because you loooove animals.”
Sam @ Sam Bock Illustration & Design recently posted..Christmas Card

44 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill December 1, 2011 at 11:54 am

When I get a text at 7am, it is likely my sister asking to borrow something from my closet to wear to school!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..How to Eat Healthily with a Busy Schedule

45 Mallory @ It's Only Life December 1, 2011 at 12:16 pm

yay for TJs! Cat cookies for everyone! :D
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Fit Tips Tuesday

46 Julie December 1, 2011 at 12:28 pm

i could seriously spend hours in TJ’s. when we got a 2nd location in my city i was so excited…i hope the rumor is true for your city!

47 Jessica @ The Process of Healing December 1, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Congrats on TJ’s! I have to say, my life has improved since one came to our area!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Christmas Cake Batter Pancakes

48 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey December 1, 2011 at 12:47 pm

That is really good news!! I heard last weekend from a reliable source that we are getting a WF about 15 minutes away from me. I have to travel quite some time to get to one!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..roasted butternut squash and chickpea pasta

49 Candice @ Sailing on Paper December 1, 2011 at 12:49 pm

I feel so lucky to have multiple Trader Joe’s / Whole Foods in my area. You need to move to somewhere like Portland, OR…where there are lots of healthy living enthusiasts (AKA hippes) :)
Candice @ Sailing on Paper recently posted..Improving on Self-Talk

50 Amy @ A Little Nosh December 1, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Yep, you better get another job…AT TRADER JOE’S! How amazing would that be??
Amy @ A Little Nosh recently posted..Tastetastic Thursday #11 (and a review)

51 Courtney December 1, 2011 at 1:15 pm

OMG – that would be awesome!!

52 Kellie December 1, 2011 at 1:17 pm

so exciting! They are supposed to be coming to Pittsford in Rochester too. I’ve never been but I already have a huge list of things I want to try!

53 Stefanie December 1, 2011 at 1:23 pm

I’m also from your area, and would LOVE + go broke if they came here! I tried to search on the scopp & here it is:

54 Shannon December 1, 2011 at 1:48 pm

1. I don’t own a cell phone. :(
2. The thing that people close to me would agree on would be that I am hardworking and determined to do or be the best that I can do or be.
Shannon recently posted..Cool, cheap gifts for the people you may know: Occupations

55 Rebecca December 1, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Must either be my boyfriend letting me know he got to work or my mom telling me some kind of joke or a really random statement. We need a TJs in Louisiana! At least near New Orleans!
Rebecca recently posted..DIY: Homemade Wreath

56 Mia December 1, 2011 at 3:50 pm

We did Release 80 of Body Pump at my gym this week in Chicago. It’s definitely challenging, but pretty fun!

57 Noelle December 1, 2011 at 4:45 pm

This makes me realize how lucky I am to have 3 Trader Joe’s less than 10 miles away from me. I couldn’t imagine not being able to shop there!!! I was just there this morning…

58 Amanda @ Semi-Health Nut December 1, 2011 at 7:12 pm

OOOooh love the red garland on your tree! Mine is silver and gold. :-)

And Trader Joe’s recently came to my area too and I have still yet to go! Thanks for the reminder! :-)
Amanda @ Semi-Health Nut recently posted..{Product Review} Get Hydrated with Crystal Light

59 Liz December 1, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Apparently they’re opening a TJ’s out in Rochester this summer, so Albany wouldn’t surprise me too much! Now if I could just get one in Syracuse… anyway, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you guys!
Liz recently posted..Soft Sugar Cookies & 17 Days of Cookies

60 Kim @ The Family Practice December 1, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Oh man I am so jealous. We used to have so many Trader Joes by our old house and I was in paradise. Now, there are none in this entire state :( Come on Utah, get it together!
If you do get one you will have to try out their line of slow cooker/simmer sauces, they are amazing!