Trader Joe’s Coming My Way??

This morning, I ended up receiving two text messages, both before 8:00am. Now typically when I hear my phone go off that early in the morning, I assume one of two things:

• My mom found something on QVC and she wants me to turn on the channel
  • Jay is completely fed up with whatever traffic he has hit on his way to work (or, like in yesterday’s case, how mad he was that he forgot his coffee at home) and needs to vent about it (I’m here for ya, honey)

The first text message came from mom, but it had nothing to do with QVC…

TRADER JOE’S?!? Was she KIDDING ME???

Then, a few minutes later, my phone went off again…but this time, it was my bestie, Heather.

Can I just say how much I love the fact that these two know me so well? Smile

Besides that, I’m trying not to get my hopes up for a Trader Joe’s in our area *too much.* There’s been rumors of it coming around the Albany area for a while now, but nothing has ever come of it. I will say, however, that if it DOES come to our area, then I better get another job…

*****

Workout

Would you believe that I nearly snoozed right through my BodyPump class this morning? I don’t know what got into me but before I knew it, I was looking at the clock, realizing that I only had about 20 minutes until class started…when it takes me 15 minutes to drive there.

Luckily, I booked it outta here in about 3 minutes flat and got there just in time. I upped my weights in a couple of the tracks today (squats & chest) so I got a great workout; unfortunately, our instructor is still using lame-o old releases where the music just really isn’t doin’ it for me so I wasn’t as “pumped” (haha) as usual. Apparently Release 80 is going to be launching in a couple of weeks so I’m definitely looking forward to that. From what I’ve read, it sounds like it’s going to be killer.

Breakfast

I was definitely in one of those moods today where nothing sounded appealing. Don’t you hate when that happens?

I ended up deciding to finish up the last of my large plain Chobani container, and mixed in about half of a sliced banana, Quaker Oatmeal Squares, Love Grown Foods granola, and a big scoop of cranberry sauce.

Yeah, I guess I lied about throwing away all of the Thanksgiving leftovers. But now they’re all officially gone. I promise. Smile

As usual, Cody was right there with me.

Sorry bud; no pancakes for you today.

I’ve got another long day of work ahead of me today, but hopefully I’ll be able to get some more studying done while I’m there. And hopefully I’ll be home before 9pm. Fingers crossed!

Questions for the Morning:

You get a text message at 7:00am – it must be from _______________ to tell/ask you ________________.

What is one thing that you think everyone close to you would all agree on about you?

Comments

I read about Trader Joe’s in the Times Union this morning! I was a little excited and my husband said, but it will be in Albany. I told him that I did not care I would make the 45 minute trip every once in a while :)
    You are right though, we don’t want to get our hopes up and then have it fall through or just be a rumor.

It someone is texting me at 7 am it is probably one of my supervisors at work asking for coffee when I come in.
    Ashlee recently posted..Happy December!

I WISH I heard a rumor that TJ’s is coming out here to Utah… Love that store to pieces. I grew up in AZ and went to college in CA where there were Trader Joe’s all over the place. I guess I took it for granted. When I moved to Utah, I was SO bummed there weren’t any here. I hope the rumor you heard is true! ;)
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..How Did I Do?

Oh that would be so wonderful if they got a Trader Joe’s on Wolf Rd!!! That’s right where I live during the summers, so it would be perfect!

If I get a text at 7am it’s usually my sister telling me about some great new show she found and watched all through the night!
    Susan @ Happy Hippie recently posted..The Wimp Complex

4. marci says

You may have noticed, but if not – your friends numbers are posted in those pics as the cb# – you may not care at all but just wanted to give you a heads up before any weirdos may have jotted it down :)

• Courtney says

Thanks, Marci. I totally forgot to blur them out before hitting publish this morning, but they should be all set now. Thanks for the heads up!

I wake up to texts a lot (around 7am) that are from my Alaska friends because they are 4 hours behind me so if they text me 8pm their time I was probably already asleep :) And it is usually my friend Melissa telling me something hilarious that happened that she had to share right then!

I think my friends and family would all agree that I talk a lot and am easily entertained :)
    Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..The Sports Bra I Love

6. Sarah says

If i get a text @ 7am, it must be from my sister to tell me that Justin Bieber is in the area. Or my best friend to tell me that a Taylor Swift song is on the radio. OR, it could be my dad telling me that Obama lost the 2012 presidential election.

I would prefer the latter :) (yes over the Biebs)
    If there’s something all my friends can agree on about me is that i am easily amused and eat as much as i talk. If you are my friend/family, you know that my mouth is open 24/7 for one of the above :)

Love my Nashville Trader Joe’s! It always seems to small when you first walk in compared to the bigger, discount stores — but they have everything you need and it’s so fresh and delish. :)

And I second the comment about your Mom and friend’s phone numbers showing up in your pics — too many weirdos out there not to consider editing those out. ;)
    Jenn recently posted..Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?

• Courtney says

Ughhh, I know! I totally forgot to fix them before I hit publish this morning. They should be all set now though…thanks for the heads up!

Any text messages before 7 am are usually my Mom, too. She gets up super early, like between 4 and 5, so if she wants to talk to me, that’s when she does it. Doesn’t necessarily have to be about anything in particular, just means she wants to talk to me.

If there’s one thing my friends and family know about me, it’s that I LOVE QuikTrip or QT. It’s an awesome gas station. They’ve got amazing drink prices and all sorts of drinks you can customize. I was actually the one letting everyone know there was one being built just down the road, in walking distance. YAY!
    Kathryn recently posted..Our First Tweet Up

Since moving into the city, I now have TWO TJ’s within walking distance of my apt. It’s my favvvvorite store to shop at. I’m always pleasantly surprised with the prices, and I love their stuff. The downside? Sometimes you have to go to another store to get more variety of staples like spices, ect.

My family’s in Rochester and I recently found an article about Trader Joe’s opening up there and mass emailed it to all my friends and family who always request I bring TJ items to restock them on my trips back upstate!! It’s about time upstate NY got some TJ lovin!!!
    Mila @ loftyappetite recently posted..General Tso’s Chicken

11. Danielle says

Haha I just laughed out loud…I get the phone call often…check the today’s special value!!!! My bridal shower looked like a QVC showroom!

Ahh luckily it’s true! They were supposed to be brining one to CO, but then the lot was apparently too small??? It was the site of a former department store, so I don’t know how much room they need, but they better haul butt out here!
    Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Linger for Awhile

I wish a TJS was coming to the SLC.
    I just released BP80 at my gym last night! Its tough, different and FUN! My favorites are the tri track and shoulders!
    if I got a text at 7 am it would be either my husband or sisters

A 7 am text would be from my sister in FL, who always forgets that I am 3 hours behind her in CA!! DOH!

People would generally agree that I have nice teeth… I hear it all the time, which comes in handy being a dental hygienist! :)

LOVE TJ’s. I miss having two superclose to me when I lived in Arizona!

Anyone who knows me, KNOWS I am obsessed with animals (pretty obvious from my personal illustration stuff). And not just a crazy dog-lady (guilty…). I stopped by a coworkers for a drink last night and they gave me an alligator print pint glass “because you loooove animals.”
    Sam @ Sam Bock Illustration & Design recently posted..Christmas Card

16. Julie says

i could seriously spend hours in TJ’s. when we got a 2nd location in my city i was so excited…i hope the rumor is true for your city!

17. Kellie says

so exciting! They are supposed to be coming to Pittsford in Rochester too. I’ve never been but I already have a huge list of things I want to try!

18. Rebecca says

Must either be my boyfriend letting me know he got to work or my mom telling me some kind of joke or a really random statement. We need a TJs in Louisiana! At least near New Orleans!
    Rebecca recently posted..DIY: Homemade Wreath

19. Noelle says

This makes me realize how lucky I am to have 3 Trader Joe’s less than 10 miles away from me. I couldn’t imagine not being able to shop there!!! I was just there this morning…

Oh man I am so jealous. We used to have so many Trader Joes by our old house and I was in paradise. Now, there are none in this entire state :( Come on Utah, get it together!
    If you do get one you will have to try out their line of slow cooker/simmer sauces, they are amazing!