Holiday Nail Art

Howdy howdy howdy! (<—10 points to anyone else who thinks of the same movie that I do with that little phrase!)

So since today is Friday, that technically means that it’s Fashion Friday. I don’t have as involved of a fashion post for you all on this fine Friday, but I DO have a little something to show ya.

A couple of weeks ago, I came across a photo on Pinterest which showcased some adorable candy cane nail art.

source

I immediately fell in love with them, but I thought that two whole handfuls of candy canes might be a little much. So after talking with Kelsey at work last night, we decided to come up with our own modified version of candy cane nails!

(I told ya they were coming, Julie!)

Kelsey decided to do a shimmery red color for all the nails, and then she painted subtle candy cane designs on just my ring fingers. I think it adds the perfect touch! Kelsey really is so talented; remember when she painted my candy corn nails? I already have ideas for what I want her to do next. Winking smile

Oh yeah, and remember when I told you guys about my kitchen injury right before Thanksgiving? Well luckily, it’s just about healed but holy cow was that cut a doozy.

So fun & festive! Smile

*****

Lunch

Yesterday I put together such a simple, yummy lunch and I decided to repeat it again today. Seriously, it had been way too long since I enjoyed a nice peanut butter and banana sandwich for lunch.

And I will say that by now, the peanut butter has definitely grown on me. It was pretty darn delicious on that sandwich.

To go along with my PB&B sandwich, I also packed up some carrot & celery sticks and a juicy empire apple.

I’ve also been chugging my water like crazy again today…

But I will say that I feel AMAZING with drinking the extra water. Honestly, it has made such a difference, I can’t even believe it. I’m just hoping that the whole extra water + bathroom visits will eventually die down. Yikes.

The work day is almost over…let’s hope the rest of it goes by as quickly as the first half has!

Question for the Afternoon:

What kind of holiday nail art would you like to try? Candy canes? Reindeer? Snowflakes? Or do you prefer to keep it simple?

Comments

I LOVE your nails – so adorable! I agree, all of your fingers in candy canes might be a little much, but the one finger is just perfect. I think I want to work at a salon now. ;) I’m usually pretty simple when it comes to my nails, but I think a snowflake would be pretty on one nail on each hand to add a little touch. I’d go for the candy cane look like you did too!
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Goal Setting Tips + December Goals

• Courtney says

That’s actually what I have next on my list! I figured snowflakes can work through January and February too so I’m holding off :)

2. Whitney says

I’m sure you are aware of this but the new nail trend is having a different color on both ring fingers than from the rest of the nails. Some celebs have been rocking different colors on all nails but in the same color palatte. Hubs doesn’t quite understand it, but what does he know about fashion?! ha :)

Haha, I started a post of mine with that clip from Toy Story last week :)

I like to do a different polish on my ring finger, too. Right now I have gold glitter on that finger over Essie’s Antique Rose that I have on all the other fingers as well. I love the candy cane! Cute idea.
    Sam @ Sam Bock Illustration & Design recently posted..Christmas Card

4. Stefanie says

I got in the forced habit a year ago of drinking a lot more water throughout the day. Bad news is that the constant trips to the bathroom doesn’t die down…BUT the good news is that you just get used to it ;)!

Also I love the nails, I’ve been doing a lot of the “accent nails” w/ the ring finger look latley I love it!

I love holiday nails! I would probably go all out and do all candy canes! I always love to do an emerald green on my nails for the holidays. It’s so fun and festive, and totally different than the traditional Christmas red. I always get lots of compliments! :)
    Melissa recently posted..Taking a Break

Love your nails – too cute!! And I wanted to comment back on your post about the grittyness of that PB – I too had noticed that but eventually came to love it – it gives a certain crunch factor to it ;)

And you’re inspiring me on your water kick – I really need to drink more since I’ve noticed my skin lately has been breaking out lately and is so dry!
    Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Holiday Shopping – For Me?!

7. Nicole says

Cute! I got a shellac manicure a few weeks ago, and I am sold on them! My nails still look great! I will never ever go back to regular nail polish that chips after just a day or two… I highly recommend!

I always get a permanent french since when I’m working with my first graders I’m constantly using/washing my hands.

The woman who does my nails usually uses the top white portion as snow and does a Christmas tree with presents underneath and snow falling down! (She paints it in such a short amount of time too!) It’s really a talent!
    Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony recently posted..Minor Delays

9. Sarah says

Is the movie Toy Story? That is what i immediately thought, but maybe you’re thinking of something else. Love the nails Courtney! Think it would work with a Christmas green?

Omg I love those nails!!! I actually love the candy canes on each finger, but I’m crazy like that. I keep my really short though, so I don’t think it’d be as crazy as if they were long, you know? I’m all about funky nail colors though… You’re making me wish I got a manicure for tomorrow night’s Xmas party!
    Mandee recently posted..Surf’s Up, Cupcake!

11. Amanda says

I have bathroom issues too. I have a 40 oz water bottle that I fill (ready?) from 3-6 times every work day. That is not a typo! So drinking up to 7 liters of water during the workday = little girls’ room every 30-45 mins. But I work out and sweat a lot, and I also feel bloated if I slack!

I’m doing my nails purple, with a candy cane stripe on my ring finger! Thanks for the inspiration.
    Ummm, Ryan Gosling is a total babe in that movie! I laughed and cried throughout the entire movie! Great choice!
    amina recently posted..Baked!