Holiday Nail Art

by Courtney on December 2, 2011

Howdy howdy howdy! (<—10 points to anyone else who thinks of the same movie that I do with that little phrase!)

So since today is Friday, that technically means that it’s Fashion Friday. I don’t have as involved of a fashion post for you all on this fine Friday, but I DO have a little something to show ya.

A couple of weeks ago, I came across a photo on Pinterest which showcased some adorable candy cane nail art.

source

I immediately fell in love with them, but I thought that two whole handfuls of candy canes might be a little much. So after talking with Kelsey at work last night, we decided to come up with our own modified version of candy cane nails!

(I told ya they were coming, Julie!)

Kelsey decided to do a shimmery red color for all the nails, and then she painted subtle candy cane designs on just my ring fingers. I think it adds the perfect touch! Kelsey really is so talented; remember when she painted my candy corn nails? I already have ideas for what I want her to do next. Winking smile

Oh yeah, and remember when I told you guys about my kitchen injury right before Thanksgiving? Well luckily, it’s just about healed but holy cow was that cut a doozy.

So fun & festive! Smile

*****

Lunch

Yesterday I put together such a simple, yummy lunch and I decided to repeat it again today. Seriously, it had been way too long since I enjoyed a nice peanut butter and banana sandwich for lunch.

And I will say that by now, the peanut butter has definitely grown on me. It was pretty darn delicious on that sandwich.

To go along with my PB&B sandwich, I also packed up some carrot & celery sticks and a juicy empire apple.

I’ve also been chugging my water like crazy again today…

But I will say that I feel AMAZING with drinking the extra water. Honestly, it has made such a difference, I can’t even believe it. I’m just hoping that the whole extra water + bathroom visits will eventually die down. Yikes.

The work day is almost over…let’s hope the rest of it goes by as quickly as the first half has!

Question for the Afternoon:

What kind of holiday nail art would you like to try? Candy canes? Reindeer? Snowflakes? Or do you prefer to keep it simple?

1 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn December 2, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Ah! I’m a fan of da nails <3

2 Angie @ Bigbearswife December 2, 2011 at 1:22 pm

ooo I love love love those nails! I think I’ll do those for the holidays too!
Angie @ Bigbearswife recently posted..Cannoli Dip

3 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life December 2, 2011 at 1:23 pm

I am soo doing that for Christmas! Love the nails. :)
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Christmas Card Success

4 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers December 2, 2011 at 1:24 pm

I’ve gotta admit, I think I’d prefer if all the nails were candy canes! But maybe I’m just a little intense when it comes to nail art. When I was younger, I used to take about an hour to add tiny black polka dots to my red nails, calling them lady bug nails!
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Victory Dark Intrigue: A Family Affair

5 Courtney December 3, 2011 at 9:47 am

For some reason, that does not surprise me, Jordan! ;) Hope all is well with you my dear!

6 Val December 2, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Love the Candycane nails. I really like the ring finger idea! So cute and festive

7 Khushboo December 2, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Love the modified version- a full hands worth would have been a bit much. This is the perfect balance!
Khushboo recently posted..Thursday tangents

8 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat December 2, 2011 at 1:37 pm

I’ve been drinking a ton of water during the day at work – probably 60-80 ounces – and the bathroom trips do not slow down. I get up every 90 minutes or so – my co-workers must think I have serious GI issues! ;)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Five Food Friday

9 Hope December 2, 2011 at 1:45 pm

I love your candy cane nails! They are so pretty! :) I love how some of these nail artists are so talented! I am on the hunt for pretty sparkly nail polish. I’m loving the sparkles lately.
Hope recently posted..Happy Birthday To The Love Of My Life, Mike!!…

10 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries December 2, 2011 at 1:46 pm

I LOVE your nails – so adorable! I agree, all of your fingers in candy canes might be a little much, but the one finger is just perfect. I think I want to work at a salon now. ;) I’m usually pretty simple when it comes to my nails, but I think a snowflake would be pretty on one nail on each hand to add a little touch. I’d go for the candy cane look like you did too!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Goal Setting Tips + December Goals

11 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health December 2, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Aww I LOVE your nails! I would totally go for something like that…or do a light blue with a white snowflake on one of them :)
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Start Your Fitness Journey Now

12 Lena @Fit on the Rocks December 2, 2011 at 1:51 pm

I think snowflakes would be so cute! I’m glad your finger is finally almost healed up :)
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Laugh Your Heart Out

13 Courtney December 3, 2011 at 9:44 am

That’s actually what I have next on my list! I figured snowflakes can work through January and February too so I’m holding off :)

14 Whitney December 2, 2011 at 1:55 pm

I’m sure you are aware of this but the new nail trend is having a different color on both ring fingers than from the rest of the nails. Some celebs have been rocking different colors on all nails but in the same color palatte. Hubs doesn’t quite understand it, but what does he know about fashion?! ha :)

15 Liz @ Tip Top Shape December 2, 2011 at 1:56 pm

Love the candy cane idea!!! I loved all the ones you’ve been pinning on pinterest. It makes me want to print them out and brign them to a manicurist!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Pumpkin Ravioli with Fried Sage and Almonds

16 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 2, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Love the candy-cane nails… so cute! I definitely think it looks better on just one nail too!

I have that same purple water bottle! :-)
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Skeptical

17 Sam @ Sam Bock Illustration & Design December 2, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Haha, I started a post of mine with that clip from Toy Story last week :)

I like to do a different polish on my ring finger, too. Right now I have gold glitter on that finger over Essie’s Antique Rose that I have on all the other fingers as well. I love the candy cane! Cute idea.
Sam @ Sam Bock Illustration & Design recently posted..Christmas Card

18 Courtney December 3, 2011 at 9:42 am

Haha, yay for Toy Story!

19 Candice @ Sailing on Paper December 2, 2011 at 2:03 pm

I love the Sally Hansen nail strips–have you tried those? They have some super cute holiday patterns.
Candice @ Sailing on Paper recently posted..My Favorites

20 Courtney December 3, 2011 at 9:41 am

No I haven’t yet. Do they stay on well?

21 Laura @ Unchartered 20s December 2, 2011 at 2:14 pm

I love this! So festive :)
Laura @ Unchartered 20s recently posted..Sunrise

22 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles December 2, 2011 at 2:19 pm

I love the candy cane nails- I am in a complete candycane mode right now!
…Glad the water is making you feel so great! :)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..December? Bring on the… **Candy Cane Dip**

23 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! December 2, 2011 at 2:20 pm

LOVE the nails, I agree about the subtleness and prefer your guys’ version better :) I may have to try it, just to be fun! I am not good at painting my own designs but that one seems fairly simple!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Head Cold & Randomness Friday

24 Stefanie December 2, 2011 at 2:21 pm

I got in the forced habit a year ago of drinking a lot more water throughout the day. Bad news is that the constant trips to the bathroom doesn’t die down…BUT the good news is that you just get used to it ;)!

Also I love the nails, I’ve been doing a lot of the “accent nails” w/ the ring finger look latley I love it!

25 Melissa December 2, 2011 at 2:23 pm

I love holiday nails! I would probably go all out and do all candy canes! I always love to do an emerald green on my nails for the holidays. It’s so fun and festive, and totally different than the traditional Christmas red. I always get lots of compliments! :)
Melissa recently posted..Taking a Break

26 Courtney December 3, 2011 at 9:40 am

Oooo, I like the idea of emerald green! I may have to try that next!

27 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance December 2, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Haha I JUST posted this morning about the Santa face nails you pinned! But I LOVE these candy cane designs :D

Tell your friend Kelsey that she has a client waiting for her down in Florida ;)
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Santa Nails & Inadequate Bacon

28 Courtney December 3, 2011 at 9:37 am

Hahaha aren’t they sooooo cute? :)

29 Shayla @ The Good Life December 2, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Love your nails – too cute!! And I wanted to comment back on your post about the grittyness of that PB – I too had noticed that but eventually came to love it – it gives a certain crunch factor to it ;)

And you’re inspiring me on your water kick – I really need to drink more since I’ve noticed my skin lately has been breaking out lately and is so dry!
Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Holiday Shopping – For Me?!

30 erica December 2, 2011 at 2:47 pm

i love your candy cane nail! i love the whole different ring finger design/color/glitter thing. :) i saw some cute santa nails on pinterest, but i love the simplicity of the candy cane!
erica recently posted..OTV and video confessions

31 Nicole December 2, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Cute! I got a shellac manicure a few weeks ago, and I am sold on them! My nails still look great! I will never ever go back to regular nail polish that chips after just a day or two… I highly recommend!

32 Courtney December 3, 2011 at 9:36 am

Shellac is the BEST! My favorite color right now is asphalt :)

33 Chelcie of Chelcie's Food Files December 2, 2011 at 3:19 pm

i saw those nails on pinterest too! I love you’re version of them!
Chelcie of Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..My Christmas Wish-list!

34 Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony December 2, 2011 at 3:29 pm

I always get a permanent french since when I’m working with my first graders I’m constantly using/washing my hands.

The woman who does my nails usually uses the top white portion as snow and does a Christmas tree with presents underneath and snow falling down! (She paints it in such a short amount of time too!) It’s really a talent!
Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony recently posted..Minor Delays

35 Sarah December 2, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Is the movie Toy Story? That is what i immediately thought, but maybe you’re thinking of something else. Love the nails Courtney! Think it would work with a Christmas green?

36 Courtney December 2, 2011 at 4:05 pm

YES! It is!! 10 points for you!! :-D

37 Mandee December 2, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Omg I love those nails!!! I actually love the candy canes on each finger, but I’m crazy like that. I keep my really short though, so I don’t think it’d be as crazy as if they were long, you know? I’m all about funky nail colors though… You’re making me wish I got a manicure for tomorrow night’s Xmas party!
Mandee recently posted..Surf’s Up, Cupcake!

38 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill December 2, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Your nails look very cute! Unfortunately, I have to tell you that the bathroom visits do not get much better! I drink a lot of water (and have been for many years) and I need to use the bathroom nonstop! It’s a pain, but so worth it.
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..My Personal Meal Plan

39 Clare @ SweetnSimple December 2, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Love the nails! Omg I love PB and banana on toast :D

40 Shari December 2, 2011 at 4:39 pm

The candy cane nails are so fun!! :)
Shari recently posted..Sunshine for the Soul.

41 Amanda December 2, 2011 at 4:57 pm

I have bathroom issues too. I have a 40 oz water bottle that I fill (ready?) from 3-6 times every work day. That is not a typo! So drinking up to 7 liters of water during the workday = little girls’ room every 30-45 mins. But I work out and sweat a lot, and I also feel bloated if I slack!

42 Courtney December 3, 2011 at 9:34 am

Holy crap, girl! That’s a LOT of water!

43 Amanda @ Semi-Health Nut December 2, 2011 at 5:54 pm

I love the nails! I agree that only one nail on each hand does the trick…and holy wow that nail looks amazing with your bling!

And I’d have to say that I chug liquids all day everyday and I am a frequent bathroomer. (yep, that’s a word)
Amanda @ Semi-Health Nut recently posted..{Friday Five Foodie Finds} #9 Sweets, Left-overs trick and Veggies

44 Courtney December 3, 2011 at 9:33 am

Haha, thanks Amanda! :)

45 Christina December 2, 2011 at 6:00 pm

Toy Story :)

And I think I like your modified version of candy cane nails better than the Pinterest version. Very cute!

46 Shannon December 2, 2011 at 7:14 pm

I like the candy cane nail art. I liked the candy corn nail art too. Maybe a cute idea would be little jack-o-lanterns, and a christmas tree with ornaments on it?
Shannon recently posted..Holiday Fill-ins

47 Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 2, 2011 at 7:25 pm

Super cute nails! I’m with you on the bathroom thing haha … I drink a lot of water, and the thing that drives me craziest is having to get up in the middle of the night. It’s annoying!

48 Courtney December 3, 2011 at 9:32 am

Ughh I know! Middle of the night trips are the worst!

49 Katie December 2, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Love the nails–so cute! I may have to steal the idea….

50 Heather December 2, 2011 at 8:18 pm

my choice nail art of late would be classified under “omg-i-want-OPI’s-Muppet-Collection-”RAINBOW CONNECTION”-ASAP.”

Check out this awesome: http://www.swatchandlearn.com/opi-rainbow-connection-swatches-review-plus-glitter-polish-removal-tips/
(i mainly want it for the toes of my poor, poor, running feet!)
Heather recently posted..The Lake of Dreams

51 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey December 2, 2011 at 8:22 pm

You’re making me realize just how badly I need a manicure!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

52 Elizabeth @TheBareMidriff December 3, 2011 at 8:07 am

Very cute! I’m a teacher at a school with a very conservative administrator, who I’m pretty sure would force me to remove any festive nail embellishments immediately! That being said, vacation starts on the 16th, so I might have to go for your candy cane look!
Elizabeth @TheBareMidriff recently posted..Life is Like a Box of Phyllo

53 Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life December 3, 2011 at 11:14 am

LOVE the nails! Totally festive and fun without being too much. Bravo!

I haven’t been so successful at chugging the water. :-( I’ll get there, though.
Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life recently posted..They’ll Feel Like a Million Bucks

54 amina December 3, 2011 at 3:18 pm

I’m doing my nails purple, with a candy cane stripe on my ring finger! Thanks for the inspiration.
Ummm, Ryan Gosling is a total babe in that movie! I laughed and cried throughout the entire movie! Great choice!
amina recently posted..Baked!

55 Kate @Pastafreerunner December 5, 2011 at 4:29 pm

I love the nails! Such a cute idea! I’m always kind of overwhelmed by how difficult nail art looks, but this doesn’t look to difficult to do and looks awesome. I may have to do this for work on Christmas!
Kate @Pastafreerunner recently posted..Holiday Party

56 Laura@mypurposefullife December 6, 2011 at 8:25 am

I love the candy canes! I would probably also like like to try a dark blue with a shimmery white/silver snowflake. Great idea!
Laura@mypurposefullife recently posted..A Festive Weekend

57 Lessie Bond December 9, 2011 at 5:20 pm

It is!! That is not a typo! I think I’ll do those for the holidays too!
Lessie Bond recently posted..Cancer Tattoos Tumblr

58 Lacy Leonard February 20, 2012 at 12:04 am

I laughed and cried throughout the entire movie! Love the nails. YES!
Lacy Leonard recently posted..Swiffer Mops