So Sneaky

I am SO excited that it’s Friday! How about you?

After my short(er) day of work today, my plan is to come home and spend the evening doing a bit more studying. My weekend is so full of plans (a Saturday work shift, Saturday night Christmas party, Sunday adventure to MA with mom & Meg) that I’m assuming I probably won’t get much quality study time in. Hey, keeping balance involves more than just healthy eating, right?

Speaking of balance, I definitely put that into effect this morning when my alarm went off for my planned workout. 99% of the time, I’m never ready to get up right away, but I’m still motivated – it just takes a few minutes. Today, however, there was no motivation whatsoever. I craved more sleep…not more cardio. So I slept another peaceful hour instead, and it was beauteous.

So was breakfast, which was enjoyed alongside the Christmas tree.

I whipped up an egg, provolone cheese, and sandwich on a honey wheat English muffin. Surprisingly enough, I think this is the first one I’ve had all week?

You like my dollar store Christmas plate? Well let me tell you a fun fact about it…

We actually use this plate year-round, but I just never use it in pictures until it’s “seasonally appropriate.” So sneaky, I know. Winking smile

While breakfast was cooking up, I also snagged a couple little handfuls of a new granola that was sent my way the other day. The super-sweet Nicole from Pure Bliss Eats generously sent me a little gift package with some of her homemade goods for me to try out. (Thanks, Nicole!)

The Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola is amazing! The granola is made with gluten free oats and only sweetened with honey, and the chocolate is dairy free, nut free, soy free & gluten free. Perfect for those with certain dietary restrictions.

She also sent me a package of Instant Boost Chocolate Balls, which are made with ingredients like brown rice protein powder, chia seeds, raw almonds, and dates.

I actually have these packed up to bring to work today. I think they’ll be a perfect afternoon snack!

Alrighty folks, gotta jet. Have a great day!

Question for the Morning:

What fun facts do you have that others might not know?

Comments

The month of december is always so jam packed with xmas parties, family committments, holiday shopping – it’s crazy! a little extra sleep is definitely warranted during this hectic month :) Something that people don’t know about me is that my last name was switched at Ellis Island – the real one is crazy hard to pronounce.
    Jenny recently posted..“Food” the Body

2. Traci says

random fun fact: when I was younger, I was a moth in the Metropolitan Opera’s production of Hansel & Gretel one season.

i’m debating if i should workout today or not too. i’m headed to mass myself this weekend (took off work!) so i’m debating if i should go before i leave..hmm. have a great day, courtney!

3. Catherine says

I am so impressed that you were able to choose getting more rest over a workout…I struggle so much with that balance and allowing myself the luxury of sleep just to fit in gym time..

You really are an inspiration to me in the way you balance healthy living with enjoying yourself..just thought you should know!

Have an awesome Friday!!!

• Courtney says

Honestly, I think its something that just comes with time. For a while, I felt the same way as you. But then I realized that I really needed to get my priorities straight in order to maintain a healthy balance overall. :)

4. Terra Hardin says

Terra Hardin recently posted..Gout Tips

5. Alba Cunningham says

have a great day, courtney! Can you send it over for me? Do you have any advice for letting go of those nagging feelings and allowing yourself to pick recovering and rest over suffering through a workout some days??
    Alba Cunningham recently posted..Swiffer Mops