So Sneaky

by Courtney on December 2, 2011

I am SO excited that it’s Friday! How about you?

After my short(er) day of work today, my plan is to come home and spend the evening doing a bit more studying. My weekend is so full of plans (a Saturday work shift, Saturday night Christmas party, Sunday adventure to MA with mom & Meg) that I’m assuming I probably won’t get much quality study time in. Hey, keeping balance involves more than just healthy eating, right?

Speaking of balance, I definitely put that into effect this morning when my alarm went off for my planned workout. 99% of the time, I’m never ready to get up right away, but I’m still motivated – it just takes a few minutes. Today, however, there was no motivation whatsoever. I craved more sleep…not more cardio. So I slept another peaceful hour instead, and it was beauteous.

So was breakfast, which was enjoyed alongside the Christmas tree.

I whipped up an egg, provolone cheese, and sandwich on a honey wheat English muffin. Surprisingly enough, I think this is the first one I’ve had all week?

You like my dollar store Christmas plate? Well let me tell you a fun fact about it…

We actually use this plate year-round, but I just never use it in pictures until it’s “seasonally appropriate.” So sneaky, I know. Winking smile

While breakfast was cooking up, I also snagged a couple little handfuls of a new granola that was sent my way the other day. The super-sweet Nicole from Pure Bliss Eats generously sent me a little gift package with some of her homemade goods for me to try out. (Thanks, Nicole!)

The Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola is amazing! The granola is made with gluten free oats and only sweetened with honey, and the chocolate is dairy free, nut free, soy free & gluten free. Perfect for those with certain dietary restrictions.

She also sent me a package of Instant Boost Chocolate Balls, which are made with ingredients like brown rice protein powder, chia seeds, raw almonds, and dates.

I actually have these packed up to bring to work today. I think they’ll be a perfect afternoon snack!

Alrighty folks, gotta jet. Have a great day!

Question for the Morning:

What fun facts do you have that others might not know?

1 Jenny December 2, 2011 at 8:54 am

The month of december is always so jam packed with xmas parties, family committments, holiday shopping – it’s crazy! a little extra sleep is definitely warranted during this hectic month :) Something that people don’t know about me is that my last name was switched at Ellis Island – the real one is crazy hard to pronounce.
Jenny recently posted..“Food” the Body

2 Hope December 2, 2011 at 8:55 am

That breakfast sandwich looks amazing!!!! Can you send it over for me? Haha. ;)

A fun fact that others might not know about me is my eye shadow always always matches my outfit no matter what! I don’t know why I started doing this but I have done it ever since I started wearing makeup.
Hope recently posted..Happy Birthday To The Love Of My Life, Mike!!…

3 Khushboo December 2, 2011 at 8:55 am

‘seasonally appropria’- haha love it! I feel that way about some the music on my iPod!
Khushboo recently posted..Thursday tangents

4 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill December 2, 2011 at 9:47 am

Random fun fact: my sister and I once won a car when we were 14 and 10!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..How to Eat Healthily with a Busy Schedule

5 Courtney December 3, 2011 at 10:18 am

Really? That is awesome!!

6 Traci December 2, 2011 at 9:53 am

random fun fact: when I was younger, I was a moth in the Metropolitan Opera’s production of Hansel & Gretel one season.

i’m debating if i should workout today or not too. i’m headed to mass myself this weekend (took off work!) so i’m debating if i should go before i leave..hmm. have a great day, courtney!

7 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles December 2, 2011 at 10:03 am

I would use it all year round WITH PICTURES to get us excited for the season! :) ….You got some goods! Yummy goods! They sound pretty tempting and the perfect way to keep us all on track for the season!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..December? Bring on the… **Candy Cane Dip**

8 Nicole December 2, 2011 at 10:10 am

thanks for featuring us! glad you liked it! : )
Nicole recently posted..Just Do It! Today! Because You Can!!

9 Chelcie of Chelcie's Food Files December 2, 2011 at 10:21 am

a fun fact that some people don’t know..I was accidently named after a male actor and that’s why my name is spelled so differently!
Chelcie of Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..My Christmas Wish-list!

10 Heather December 2, 2011 at 10:26 am

1. I too, am so so glad it is friday.
2. i love that you use your christmas plate year round.
3. instant boost balls? ha.
Heather recently posted..The Lake of Dreams

11 Courtney December 3, 2011 at 9:59 am

That totally made me laugh too. Glad I’m not the only one ;)

12 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl December 2, 2011 at 10:37 am

hmmm fun fact?

Well in Nebraska (where I’m from), the third biggest city in the state on a Nebraska Cornhusker Gameday is the stadium ;-). 1st is Omaha and 2nd is Lincoln. Fun fact!
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Leftover Thanksgiving Spaghetti Squash Casserole

13 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] December 2, 2011 at 11:13 am

instant boost chocolate balls!? yes please!!
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..Dear Santa

14 Catherine December 2, 2011 at 11:23 am

I am so impressed that you were able to choose getting more rest over a workout…I struggle so much with that balance and allowing myself the luxury of sleep just to fit in gym time..

You really are an inspiration to me in the way you balance healthy living with enjoying yourself..just thought you should know!

Have an awesome Friday!!!

15 Courtney December 3, 2011 at 9:55 am

Honestly, I think its something that just comes with time. For a while, I felt the same way as you. But then I realized that I really needed to get my priorities straight in order to maintain a healthy balance overall. :)

16 Cat @Breakfast to Bed December 2, 2011 at 11:24 am

I can’t sleep with both feet under the blankets. I know I’m weird.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..You Eat the Blue Balls, Britney.

17 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile December 2, 2011 at 11:32 am

I loveee December & your plate! I need some cute decor :D

18 Candice @ Sailing on Paper December 2, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Hmmm…my fun fact would be that I used to ski race competitively when I was younger! Since I do not look anything like an athlete now, I think that would surprise people.
Candice @ Sailing on Paper recently posted..Healthy Living Blogs

19 Jessica @ The Process of Healing December 2, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Cute plate!!! Fun fact… I watch I Love Lucy every morning while I eat breakfast. I’m not sure where that started…
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Friday Friend Fun Time

20 Courtney December 3, 2011 at 9:51 am

OMG I used to watch I Love Lucy ALL the time! I have 4 different collectors dolls of her :)

21 katie Carso December 2, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Those pure bliss treats look good! I am so glad its Friday!

Happy weekend! : )

22 Shannon December 2, 2011 at 7:04 pm

I LOVE that dollar store plate. It doesn’t even look like it came from the dollar store at all.

A fun fact that others may not know about me is that I’m a triplet.
Shannon recently posted..Holiday Fill-ins

23 Los Angeles Acting Class Teacher December 7, 2011 at 12:54 am

That granola looks yum! Let’s see a fun fact about me- I love to watch old movies- (the older the better).

24 Terra Hardin December 9, 2011 at 6:21 pm

Terra Hardin recently posted..Gout Tips

25 Alba Cunningham February 20, 2012 at 12:55 am

have a great day, courtney! Can you send it over for me? Do you have any advice for letting go of those nagging feelings and allowing yourself to pick recovering and rest over suffering through a workout some days??
Alba Cunningham recently posted..Swiffer Mops