Festive Cookie Gift Packaging

by Courtney on December 3, 2011

So I have this funny feeling that there’s going to be quite a few of you out there who may be doing some baking this weekend. Perhaps getting a little head start on your holiday baking? Maybe you’re baking up some goodies for a cookie exchange?

Either way, I’ll bet that many of you are going to be making your baked goods to give away to somebody else, so of course you want them to look nice, right?

That’s why I decided to dig into the STSL archives once again to show you guys some of the cookie wrapping and gifting that I did with my holiday baked goods last year. Hopefully you’ll take away some ideas from it!

*****

Remember the other day when I was getting ready to send off my Blogger Holiday Gift Exchange gift??

Well, a couple of the goodies tucked away in that package were some of my homemade baked goods. :-P

After spending all those hours slaving away in the kitchen baking cookies, nothing satisfies me more than when I’m able to “share the wealth” with all those around me.

If I’m not creating cookie platters to bring to work, or sending trays in to work with the hubby, I really enjoy packaging everything up nice and neat for my recipients.

First, I start off by finding some cute little boxes to hold my goods. This year, I was able to find these little cuties at Wal-Mart for only $1.50 each.

Then I try to use some festive-colored plastic wrap + a little curling ribbon to seal in the freshness of the baked goodies. Simply lining the inside of the boxes with tissue paper (or parchment paper) helps keep everything from “squirming” around.

When I give a gift of cookies or baked goods, I always like to include the recipe. Not only is it fun sharing it, but I think I have even more fun creating the recipe cards.

This year, I simply typed up the recipes into a word document, and sized them to about the normal size of an index card. On the front I include the ingredients…

…and on the back are where you’ll find the directions. :)

To make things even more festive, I taped the recipes onto two pieces of holiday wrapping paper back-to-back, and then sealed it all up with my laminating machine. I also usually try to find some different clip art images that “fit the bill.”

Hopefully my recipient will enjoy her gifts!

*****

I also created some other new recipe cards this year to send along with the Food Blogger Cookie Swap packages that I sent out last weekend. I’ll be sure to share those with you guys soon!

It’s almost Christmas party time…yippeee! Smile

1 Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 3, 2011 at 5:58 pm

You are such a teacher. ;) (And I say that in a jealous way b/c I’m not as creative or organized!) I sent out my blog-swap cookies today, but my packing doesn’t look nearly as cute as yours! I’m just hoping and praying that they don’t crumble during shipping! I tried to pack them as tightly as possible, but I’ve never shipped cookies before!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Could this post BE any more random?

2 Cara @ EAT. PRAY. RUN. December 3, 2011 at 6:13 pm

LOVE the laminated recipe cards – makes the gift so much more personable. And mexican wedding cookies…one of my faves!
Cara @ EAT. PRAY. RUN. recently posted..See?

3 Gillian December 3, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Cute ideas! And just like that, I am in the mood for some baking… ;)
Gillian recently posted..Friday Night in NYC

4 maria@la_piattini December 3, 2011 at 6:49 pm

I love this! I really wanna bake for all my neighbors this year and this is such a cute way to present it. Luckily I’m a teacher so I can use the laminator at school. Thank you!
maria@la_piattini recently posted..A Half Day

5 Brenda December 3, 2011 at 6:56 pm

That looks so cute. I love that you laminated the recipes. I’ve never given baked goods as gifts. Do you think that’s an acceptable gift for an aunt? For the past few years we’ve been resorting to gift cards because we don’t know what the aunts want or really even need. What do you think?

6 Clare @ SweetnSimple December 3, 2011 at 7:07 pm

Such great ideas – I think I’ve just figured out exactly what I want to do.. thank you so much! :)

7 Jessica S. December 3, 2011 at 7:15 pm

Love the idea of including a recipe card! You should really write a dessert/cookie cookbook that also shows your creative presentation style. You have so many fresh ideas.

8 Val December 3, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Very nice packaging! I love the little recipe cards you made to go along with it!
Val recently posted..White Chocolate Peanut Butter (with Cinnamon?)

9 Lindsay @ biking before bed December 3, 2011 at 8:25 pm

I love the idea of the recipe cards. I should have done that for my foodie cookie swap cookies. Next year:)
Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..Christmas Past

10 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 3, 2011 at 9:04 pm

I love the idea of adding the recipe card! Definitely a cute way to package everything up!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Checking In

11 Jessica @ The Process of Healing December 3, 2011 at 11:21 pm

How cute! I love to give baked goods as gifts!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Surprised Kitty

12 Marty December 3, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Love cookie swaps! Attaching the recipe is a really great idea. Most times the participants ask for the recipe, so it makes it so convenient.
Marty recently posted..Soft and Chewy Gingerbread Cookies with Lemon Glaze

13 Khushboo December 4, 2011 at 1:06 am

The recipe card idea is so cute! I know I would appreciate it!
Khushboo recently posted..December Do’s & Don’ts

14 Sarah Bittorf December 4, 2011 at 3:58 am

Wow, those are adorable. Any recipient would be lucky to receive!
Sarah Bittorf recently posted..Christmas in Belgie, Part 1

15 Shannon December 4, 2011 at 11:37 am

I love those packaging ideas. You are so creative! :)

16 Katie December 5, 2011 at 3:45 pm

What kind of laminating machine do you have, and would you recommend it? Do you know where I can find one? I’m very much in need of one for a project I have in mind, and I’m sure it would come in handy for future products ~ probably including what you’ve done up here! ;)
Katie recently posted..A Little Holiday Whimsy

17 Courtney December 5, 2011 at 3:47 pm

I got mine from Sam’s Club and I LOVE it! The brand is Royal Sovereign, if that helps?

18 Katie December 5, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Do you remember how much it was by any chance? And do you have an easy time finding refills?
Katie recently posted..A Little Holiday Whimsy

19 Courtney December 5, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Unfortunately, Jay bought it for me, so I’m not sure how much it was. I ended up getting a separate refill pack when he bought it, and I have yet to have to get more (the pack was enormous and I still have a ton left to use).

20 Katie December 5, 2011 at 3:59 pm

Great ~ thanks for the info!
Katie recently posted..A Little Holiday Whimsy

21 kristen@livinlifeinlouie December 20, 2011 at 5:40 pm

love this idea for a gift!